Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,536 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? (5397 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! / What Changes Have You Noticed In Your Spouse Since Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by nsodo: 12:55pm On Aug 22, 2011
Responsibility is a greatest change i can see in my self because before marriage i used to enter home any time i felt like but after marriage i changed, i used to be shabby, I use not to care but i have people now to care about and many other changes as regards to spending.
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by mummy3(f): 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2011
Beaf!:

Physically:

When i look at myself in the mirrow i wonder what kept me from marrying my wife since the first few months we have met (we courted for one and half years).

Emotionally:
I b.ang my wife with all the relaxations in this world without any thought of the HIVs and the drama of 'i missed my period' etc back in the days.

Financially:
So so prudent in spending and managing my finance.

Hyginically:
My wife is something else! She can even 'inspect' my shoes to make sure no sand or any dirt is attached to it before 'allowing' me into the house, can u imagine?

My marriage is 18 months and 15 days today and i always silently pray to God to let it continue this way till the end.

You've just got an admission into JSS 1, my brother you never see nothing. How can it continue this way with children that are yet to arrive in future. by the time you start buying pampers, cerelac, sma, toys, clothes, shoes, medical bills, text books, school fees etc, you'll now realise that life can never remain the same and you'll now realise that your wife has slightly or heavily changed from colour blue to colour red.
I wish you wisdom and understanding to lead your home shia.
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by DaDoctor: 1:46pm On Aug 22, 2011
mummy3:

You've just got an admission into JSS 1, my brother you never see nothing. How can it continue this way with children that are yet to arrive in future. by the time you start buying pampers, cerelac, sma, toys, clothes, shoes, medical bills, text books, school fees etc, you'll now realise that life can never remain the same and you'll now realise that your wife has slightly or heavily changed from colour blue to colour red.

[b]BLATANT LIES!! SO THEY TOLD ME EVEN BEFORE I GOT MARRIED!

THE RESPONSIBILITIES WOULD ONLY INCREASE

IT IS OPTIONAL TO LET THE INITIAL CHANGE. ITS A THING OF THE WILL

FOR ME IT HAS BEEN AS IT WERE FROM THE ONSET. WE BOTH BEAR IT IN OUR HEART AND IT HAS WORKED AND I AM OLD IN THIS INST.
[/b]

NOTE THAT THE WOMAN RESPONDS TO CHANGES FROM THE MAN EITHER GOOD OR BAD SO, WE HAVE TO WORK ON SUSTAINANCE OF THE GOOD OLD DAYS, AFTERALL THE WOMAN WE MARRIED REMAINS A HUMAN AND NOT A LOG.
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by mummy3(f): 1:57pm On Aug 22, 2011
No much diff, because I started dating my hubby when I was 19th, I used to visit him often and i got used to him too well, were like bro and sis before we got married when I was 25yrs. I used to cook for him, do some domestic jobs for him. We understood/love ourselves too well. The only differences I have are:
1. We’ve moved to a bigger apartment that’s more cleaning job
2. I have added a little wait after 3 kids
3. I used to have painful period but after my first child it stopped
4. I used to buy clothes every month end, but now I shop more often for my kids less for myself and once in a while for my hubby.
5. I must cook , unlike before if stressed up @ work, we can easily work into a restaurant for lunch or dinner
6. I nag a lot, because of the people helping me in the house
7. I keep monthly budget on how to run my expense every month. Though I used to do it when I was single.
8. I now buy things in dozens
9. In fact lots of responsibilities: I now have plenty relatives that’s inlaws that you have to call or visit 2-4 times in a year, if not they’ll take you
                as     an enemy.
10. Im more Godly, though I used to participate in most of church activities
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by tushutt(m): 2:05pm On Aug 22, 2011
A man starts thinking about the future when he marries
While a woman stops thinking about the future when she marries
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by mummy3(f): 2:05pm On Aug 22, 2011
Da Doctor:

[b]BLATANT LIES!! SO THEY TOLD ME EVEN BEFORE I GOT MARRIED!

THE RESPONSIBILITIES WOULD ONLY INCREASE

IT IS OPTIONAL TO LET THE INITIAL CHANGE. ITS A THING OF THE WILL

FOR ME IT HAS BEEN AS IT WERE FROM THE ONSET. WE BOTH BEAR IT IN OUR HEART AND IT HAS WORKED AND I AM OLD IN THIS INST.
[/b]

NOTE THAT THE WOMAN RESPONDS TO CHANGES FROM THE MAN EITHER GOOD OR BAD SO, WE HAVE TO WORK ON SUSTAINANCE OF THE GOOD OLD DAYS, AFTERALL THE WOMAN WE MARRIED REMAINS A HUMAN AND NOT A LOG.

My brother it seems your monthly pay is very good that's why you are not experiencing it
Just try not to give your wife what you"ve been giving her now, if she'll not show you her true color.  or come out of your job for 2-3months, u'll come and confess ur experience openly here.  Dont you know without enough cash marriage wont flow well? (quarell, disrespect, etc)
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by DaDoctor: 2:14pm On Aug 22, 2011
mummy3:

My brother it seems your monthly pay is very good that's why you are not experiencing it
Just try not to give your wife what you"ve been giving her now, if she'll not show you her true color.  or come out of your job for 2-3months, u'll come and confess your experience openly here.  Dont you know without enough cash marriage wont flow well? (quarell, disrespect, etc)

YES! I WAS PATIENT AND 1 MARRIED MY WIFE AFTER 8 YEARS OF DATING
SHE WAS THERE RIGHT FROM WHEN I WAS IN MY PART ONE IN SCHOOL THEN SHE WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL BLA BLA BLA

THE SIMPLE RULE IS THIS; 'DONT DO TO A WOMAN WHILE DATING HER WHAT U CAN NOT SUSTAIN UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCE WHILE U BOTH ROLL ON IN LIFE'

LIKE WEN U WERE DATING U CALL HER DAILY, NOW SHE IS IN your HOUSE UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCE U DONT CALL HER FOR UP TO 2 DAYS WHILE OFF AT WORK. SHE SURELY WOULD HAVE A MINDSET CHANGE. THIS LITTLE EXAMPLE SHUD TELL U HOW IT IS REALLY.

RICH? YES I AM FROM ONE RICH HOME, BUT WORKED MY WAY, NOT EVEN MINDING I HAD INHERITANCES, AND SHE WAS THERE, NOT ALL WOMEN ARE AFTER MONEY, SHE SAW THE FUTURE AND CLOSED ON WHILE WE STROLLED TOGETHER AND TODAY, SHE IS HAPPILY ENJOYING. THOUGH ENJOYMENT IS AN ONGOING THING.

1 Like

Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by WhyAWhy(m): 4:34pm On Aug 22, 2011
@mummy3: OGINNI WHY ARE YOU SO NEGATIVE ?!!!   angry  angry  angry

The reality is there are many people enjoying the realities of their marriage even with all the hassles without any complaint whatsoever so if it happens to you, it doesn't mean it will happen to everybody!!! GET A GRIP!!!!
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by TeskyMan(m): 6:00pm On Aug 22, 2011
@ Mumumy3

You are right. Only an unrealistic person will tell you that, there is not much different when married without kids and when the kids set in.

For me a lot has changed.
No 1 . thing is that I can "b-a-n-g" my wife without the fair of "Have you seen your period?" In fact, we do am like waterrrrrr.

2. My sense of responsibility increased. Before we gave birth to my first son, I was like, whats the big deal in marriage sef? I am free, I still do stuffs i used to do while I was single and bla bla,  but when our first son came, oh lalala. Na then, I come no say there is different between Acid and Water. Hay, I started nagging, I mean serious nagging. I bet it in life and I say it with all authority, No other woman in this world can tolerate me like my wife. She is the woman for me and over time she has made me learn a lot.

3. Once I get a raise at work, the next thing is shopping speeee - I shop as if there is no tomorrow. You can imagine that I've gotten a raise for over 1 year and I hadly shop for myself. I'll rather shop for my 2 boys or their mum before thinking of mine. I dont know why? Maybe I love them more. At times, I would like - Is it not my money? Can't I spend it the way I like? But no I would rather go shop for my wife than Shop for myself. Somebody say na juju, ohhh I no mind jorrr.

4. Spiritually incline - This one I know say if no be say I marry, hummm!!!!

5. Better management of my finances. Hey my wife is an "akagum" - "eshin race course". When you are on the look for master planner when u talk about money, then come to my wife. In fact, I just have to say this, my wife manages me financially and not me managing her. At times she will advice me to do something. U know we men now, with our ego, i'll start my nagging. Na so she go dey siddon look me. Later, na that thing I go do. I respect her for that. Master Investor - I give it to her.

6. Sexxy Fun!! - Thank God nobody know my house or don see ma face - Na online we dey. See my wife and I experiment with sex a lot - I tell you, this is like a bond between us. We do it @ odd places and odd times. Before we got married, she was like, no I don't like it here, no my mum is calling me bla bla,  But now, we can have "quicky" or "indomie" any where. She understood those slangs, when I say Indomie or quicky - Ohh my wife understands it bajebaje. My wife knows that I love it and she gives me benevolently, sacrificially,anyday, anytime, anywhere infact everytime. She knows i don't like the normal "Missionary style". She know say new day, new style. I thank God. All glory to him.

7. I'm putting on weight on yearly basis. My wife is a good cook, africa dishes. She has to scold me to start gym.

8. We'll be celebrating our 5yrs anniversary very soon - My wife never add an inch of weight. Abeg wetin cause am? After 2 boys, she still be lepa shandiiiiiii,

I'll come back for more,

2 Likes

Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by Sike(m): 6:35pm On Aug 22, 2011
Subscribed!
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by Saipro(m): 7:14pm On Aug 22, 2011
@JohnDoe100
This is an intersting topic, first
however I must say that
most of the women who
posted and will post are not
married. They are dild.o
acrobats who would scare the dickens out of anyman.
As a man, I can in all honesty
tell you that the biggest
change we go through is
gradual dawning of the true
understanding of the distinction between income
and disposable income. After a
few years (this period varies
from man to man) you are
never truly the same again.

Nice one!
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by ADEBOSUN(m): 10:17pm On Aug 22, 2011
Nice topic, makes me wanna get married soon!
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by manakeagie: 11:14am On Aug 23, 2011
Just like peace i also didn't know how to make soup and stew but i had to learn the hard way, then i have also learned to be tolerant and to live with people . initially i had come from a purely a nuclear and monogamous family and found it very hard to get used to this family which was the exact opposite of mine, but now i like it even wen i go back home am even bored stiff,
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by Beaf1: 12:23pm On Aug 23, 2011
mummy3:

Mummy3,

I think you got it all wrong. I think the picture you are trying to give suits your very person. Dont give me the "all women are the same" shit!

Pampers, Cerelac, Toys?? If i can buy new cloths, shoes, manage medical bills, pay my wife's tuition to pursue her 2nd degree, you think i blink when doing such for OWN baby child(s)? come on,

I have so many examples around me of those who can afford these things you've mentioned in folds but still crying out so loud. I love my wife and the kids that are underway and i can assure you i am not rich but working very hard continue this new found life!
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by WhyAWhy(m): 12:36pm On Aug 23, 2011
@Beaf, my point exactly!!! grin grin
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by maran1983(f): 12:40pm On Aug 23, 2011
For me, a whole lot has changed.
1st off, i used to love partying and having a good time every now and then(
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by MMM2(m): 1:19pm On Aug 23, 2011
am not married
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by blank(f): 4:37pm On Aug 23, 2011
Used to be very quick tempered. I could go off at the slightest thing. Now, i am more mellow but the quick temper still dey there just sleeping grin Sometimes i see flashes but i apologise just as quickly.

Now, i need to tame my road rage.
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by iyatrustee(f): 4:44pm On Aug 23, 2011
xynerise:

After marriage I stop eating junks cos she gives me d best Nigeria dishes. I stop coming back home late from business, instead I ask some of my employees to stay till the late hour while I go home and prepare my wife's food(I enjoy doing that since she became preg). What else? undecided Well I dont drive rough again grin

cant believe a 2week old marriage is already noticing changes cheesy cheesy cheesy

@ topic, i used to be a very wasteful person as regards finances but some years after marriage, i have become prudent with my finances smiley
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 23, 2011
I am still working on my temper, so nothing for that side cool. Even though my man is giving me lectures on anger management(session 213), he still likes(he hasn't told me but told my sister) the fact that I say what's on my mind and move on without holding grudges.

I used to dress half Unclad when I am in the house but now I have changed. angry He wouldn't let me wear skimpy clothes for fear of visitors knocking on our door , like say I cannot run into the room to change on time.

My intimate urges are high up the heavens.

I used to be a rough driver cool but not anymore. He would make me promise not to drive rough and follow the speed limit and only until I agreed to his terms would he get into the car.

THE ONE THING I WANT TO CHANGE IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW IS MY CAR. FROM BANJO TO RR SPORTS. cool Does anybody know of a prophet that can hypnotize or charm my man to do as I say? undecided cry
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by ayotoyin(f): 5:06pm On Aug 23, 2011
Lol, , so interesting topic, well as for me ,
1. i have learnt how to say sorry, it was such a scarce word in my mouth before i got married,
2. i am more patient now
3. More accomodating
4. More tolerant
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by DaDoctor: 5:14pm On Aug 23, 2011
maran1983:

For me, a whole lot has changed.
1st off, i used to love partying and having a good time every now and then, only for me to marry the epitome of boredom, no more outings. sad
Secondly, i'm a neat person but my husband is chief of slobs, so i tend to find myself cleaning like a mad person almost daily.
Thirdly, my husband is couch potato, so i spend most of mt time running up and down getting chores done like a jackie! sad sad sad

SERVES U RIGHT! HAVENT U HAD ENOUGH OF 'JAYE AND SHAYO' EVEN AS A LADY? PLS LOOK AFTER UR HOME JARE cool cool
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by mummy3(f): 6:13pm On Aug 23, 2011
TeskyMan:

@ Mumumy3

You are right. Only an unrealistic person will tell you that, there is not much different when married without kids and when the kids set in.

For me a lot has changed.
No 1 . thing is that I can "b-a-n-g" my wife without the fair of "Have you seen your period?" In fact, we do am like waterrrrrr.

2. My sense of responsibility increased. Before we gave birth to my first son, I was like, whats the big deal in marriage sef? I am free, I still do stuffs i used to do while I was single and bla bla,  but when our first son came, oh lalala. Na then, I come no say there is different between Acid and Water. Hay, I started nagging, I mean serious nagging. I bet it in life and I say it with all authority, No other woman in this world can tolerate me like my wife. She is the woman for me and over time she has made me learn a lot.

3. Once I get a raise at work, the next thing is shopping speeee - I shop as if there is no tomorrow. You can imagine that I've gotten a raise for over 1 year and I hadly shop for myself. I'll rather shop for my 2 boys or their mum before thinking of mine. I dont know why? Maybe I love them more. At times, I would like - Is it not my money? Can't I spend it the way I like? But no I would rather go shop for my wife than Shop for myself. Somebody say na juju, ohhh I no mind jorrr.

4. Spiritually incline - This one I know say if no be say I marry, hummm!!!!

5. Better management of my finances. Hey my wife is an "akagum" - "eshin race course". When you are on the look for master planner when u talk about money, then come to my wife. In fact, I just have to say this, my wife manages me financially and not me managing her. At times she will advice me to do something. U know we men now, with our ego, i'll start my nagging. Na so she go dey siddon look me. Later, na that thing I go do. I respect her for that. Master Investor - I give it to her.

6. Sexxy Fun!! - Thank God nobody know my house or don see ma face - Na online we dey. See my wife and I experiment with sex a lot - I tell you, this is like a bond between us. We do it @ odd places and odd times. Before we got married, she was like, no I don't like it here, no my mum is calling me bla bla,  But now, we can have "quicky" or "indomie" any where. She understood those slangs, when I say Indomie or quicky - Ohh my wife understands it bajebaje. My wife knows that I love it and she gives me benevolently, sacrificially,anyday, anytime, anywhere infact everytime. She knows i don't like the normal "Missionary style". She know say new day, new style. I thank God. All glory to him.

7. I'm putting on weight on yearly basis. My wife is a good cook, africa dishes. She has to scold me to start gym.

8. We'll be celebrating our 5yrs anniversary very soon - My wife never add an inch of weight. Abeg wetin cause am? After 2 boys, she still be lepa shandiiiiiii,

I'll come back for more,

thank you bro, i like you for that, keep it up. God will help you on.
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 23, 2011
lol @tesky
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by ronkebp(f): 7:36pm On Aug 23, 2011
jennykadry:

I am still working on my temper, so nothing for that side cool. Even though my man is giving me lectures on anger management(session 213), he still likes(he hasn't told me but told my sister) the fact that I say what's on my mind and move on without holding grudges.

I used to dress half Unclad when I am in the house but now I have changed. angry He wouldn't let me wear skimpy clothes for fear of visitors knocking on our door , like say I cannot run into the room to change on time.

My intimate urges are high up the heavens.

I used to be a rough driver cool but not anymore. He would make me promise not to drive rough and follow the speed limit and only until I agreed to his terms would he get into the car.

[b]THE ONE THING I WANT TO CHANGE IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW IS MY CAR. FROM BANJO TO RR SPORTS. cool Does anybody know of a prophet that can hypnotize or charm my man to do as I say? undecided cry
[/b]

Very funny, grin grin grin seriously
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 24, 2011
^^^^. Lol grin grin grin
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by maran1983(f): 8:14am On Aug 24, 2011
[s]Da Doc, wetin i do u naa?
Trully marriage can be so depressing and upsetting sometimes angry, but what can one do?[/s]
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by r231(m): 11:49am On Aug 24, 2011
Loading. . . .
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by mummy3(f): 4:35pm On Aug 26, 2011
Beaf!:

Mummy3,

I think you got it all wrong. I think the picture you are trying to give suits your very person. Dont give me the "all women are the same" poo!

Pampers, Cerelac, Toys?? If i can buy new cloths, shoes, manage medical bills, pay my wife's tuition to pursue her 2nd degree, you think i blink when doing such for OWN baby child(s)? come on,

I have so many examples around me of those who can afford these things you've mentioned in folds but still crying out so loud. I love my wife and the kids that are underway and  i can assure you i am not rich but working very hard continue this new found life!

Let me tell you im enjoying my marriage but at least 70-80%
Mine is not as worse as others
There"s no how you'll not experience clash
I know you'll not come out with the truth
You want to tell me you've not had any quarell with ur wife?
in your case, It seem your wife is older than you by 10years
bring out ten men and ask them how are they enjoying their marriages, let them just tell you the real truth
What i wrote was because of what i have been seeing in other peoples home, my neigbours etc
Ur wife u feel is an angel, u dont know if other men are scrolling her somewhere
I know you and i know the wife you're talking about
shit

Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 27, 2011
^^^What's you own woman? Must his marriage resemble yours or your neighbor's? Not every one tackle issues through quarrels or making unnecessary noise all over the place just because you're married to the extent you can now tell us of your neighbors. Even if there's a disagreement (which is extremely normal since we're human), different couples have different measures of dealing with such. If your way is to cause unnecessary ruckus, that's fine. It doesn't mean it's Beaf's wife's way.
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by OmerianConsult: 12:45pm On Nov 09, 2013
Beaf!:
Physically:

When i look at myself in the mirrow i wonder what kept me from marrying my wife since the first few months we have met (we courted for one and half years).
l love this. God pls give me a happy home. btw Beaf! are u Beaf?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Birthday Present For My 60 Year Old Dad / Women: Do You Guys Still Want And Enjoy Sex When Ur Pregnant? / Maternal Relatives Vs Paternal Relatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.