Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba (36909 Views)

Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister / Sack Emefiele Now - Sowore Reacts To Redesigning Of Naira Notes / Ekiti CJ Calls For Redesigning Of Fayose's New Court Complex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by edoairways: 6:00pm On Oct 27, 2022
MadamExcellency:
Hebrews is our official language East of the Niger that's why we go to Jerusalem on Pilgrimage.

Hebrew must be there for equity and fairness.
How many Igbos understand Hebrew language?
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by jaxxy(m): 6:05pm On Oct 27, 2022
donbenie:
The majority of the North speak HAUSA..
STICK to facts..

The muslim speak or write Arabic. The muslims I repeat
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by Truthday: 6:14pm On Oct 27, 2022
Some idiotic baboons will be saying ignorance here. The first language that colonised Nigeria and not africa countries before the west came was Arabic language. Infact most northern and some southwestern state histories like Osun state was written in arabic. Many of Yoruba dieties documentaries was written and documented in arabic before western colonisation.

Don't be mad. That's the first civilization we had that taught us how to read and write.
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by joyandfaith: 6:21pm On Oct 27, 2022
politicoNG:

https://twitter.com/adamugarba/status/1585590363716214785?s=19

They should add French, Portuguese, English, Arabic and Chinese languages beside local ones.
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by jaxxy(m): 6:44pm On Oct 27, 2022
IamAsiri:

English is not the language for Christians. It is the official language for the country. Yorubas spoke Yoruba language and the Hausas decided to be speaking Arabic right before colonisation. It has not stopped each region from speaking its native language, but to now be saying that because a region has refused to make the country's official its own, we should include their adopted language as part of the country's official language is unheard of.

English is adopted like Arabic. none stops us from speaking what we want bt the fact is both are generally adopted.

what's the issue with Arabic really??
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by ransomed: 6:53pm On Oct 27, 2022
Include ibo, Yoruba, igala, tiv, idoma, Hausa, kanuri, ngas, jararawa etc. Remove Arabic because it is not our official language .
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by backnbeta(f): 6:57pm On Oct 27, 2022
Badgers14:
They are about to make a mess of this project
It's a mess already
Truthday:
Some idiotic baboons will be saying ignorance here. The first language that colonised Nigeria and not africa countries before the west came was Arabic language. Infact most northern and some southwestern state histories like Osun state was written in arabic. Many of Yoruba dieties documentaries was written and documented in arabic before western colonisation.

Don't be mad. That's the first civilization we had that taught us how to read and write.
And now that English is our lingua franca, must we retain the Arabic?

1 Like

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by seyimailbox: 7:03pm On Oct 27, 2022
Use Hebrew writings on it too. Language of the old testament for the christians and symbols of Ifa for the traditionalists
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by newdawn2017(f): 7:11pm On Oct 27, 2022
Batam:

These ones are minority abi what is the population of efik and ibibio or ijaw and itshekiri compare to major tribes I mentioned
I insist the re added
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by newdawn2017(f): 7:12pm On Oct 27, 2022
hammerT:

U WANT TO THIEF MY IDEA AND GIVE SOWORE.

grin grin grin
hahahaha that's Obituary Pandora China, thiefubu g Atiku including kwankwaso for u. cheesy
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by kingmsookwagh(m): 7:15pm On Oct 27, 2022
How is Arabic our official language.

OP, are you sure that guy wasn't on ogbomoso loud
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by IamAsiri: 7:19pm On Oct 27, 2022
jaxxy:

English is adopted like Arabic. none stops us from speaking what we want bt the fact is both are generally adopted.

what's the issue with Arabic really??

Arabic was not adopted by the country "Nigeria" and that is what is wrong. So, you shouldn't foist it on us by force. English was foisted on us due to colonisation and it became our official language. Both languages were not adopted officially.
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by jaxxy(m): 7:24pm On Oct 27, 2022
IamAsiri:

Arabic was not adopted by the country "Nigeria" and that is what is wrong. So, you shouldn't foist it on us by force. English was foisted on us due to colonisation and it became our official language. Both languages were not adopted officially.

an adopted language isn't neccessarily foisted. As for Arabic is was adopted by the muslims and majority of the north who are part of Nigeria.

u cannot dictate to them like they can't dictate to u. Nigeria is mixed religious and we must always acknowledge and accept it.
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by AngelaInteriorz: 7:26pm On Oct 27, 2022
sotall:
When did Arabic become Nigeria's official language?

The indirect imposition of middle east culture religiously inherited by some Nigerians is pungent and frowsky.

Its a cunny attempt to impose certain religious factors into our national life.

I tire oh!

Is Arabic one of our official languages??
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by IamAsiri: 7:46pm On Oct 27, 2022
jaxxy:

an adopted language isn't neccessarily foisted. As for Arabic is was adopted by the muslims and majority of the north who are part of Nigeria.

u cannot dictate to them like they can't dictate to u. Nigeria is mixed religious and we must always acknowledge and accept it.

The fact that some people decided to adopt it because they like it doesn't make it official. I am sure you know this. There is no way you can argue it; what is unofficial is unofficial.

1 Like

Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by t2luv1: 7:47pm On Oct 27, 2022
Umsworld:
The ARABIC written on the naira note is Hausa and not anything ISLAMIC

Just like the LABOUR PARTY Governorship candidate in kano used in his signage

It is called AJAMI

It can be read by an average hausa man who didnt attent WESTERN BASED CURRICULUM SCHOOLS(ENGLISH)

In essence BOKO HARAM !!! There fixed it for yaa
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by jaxxy(m): 7:56pm On Oct 27, 2022
IamAsiri:

The fact that some people decided to adopt it because they like it doesn't make it official. I am sure you know this. There is no way you can argue it; what is unofficial is unofficial.

Nothing is official. Both are adopted. A mass majority matters u cannot ignore them.
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by harmargedon: 8:00pm On Oct 27, 2022
Umsworld:
The ARABIC written on the naira note is Hausa and not anything ISLAMIC

Just like the LABOUR PARTY Governorship candidate in kano used in his signage

It is called AJAMI

It can be read by an average hausa man who didnt attent WESTERN BASED CURRICULUM SCHOOLS(ENGLISH)
why wasn't it written like that in all languages, Oga rest abeg. Abi nah we say make them no go school ni.
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by pcagbaji(m): 8:03pm On Oct 27, 2022
IamAsiri:

100 percent
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by IamAsiri: 8:10pm On Oct 27, 2022
jaxxy:

Nothing is official. Both are adopted. A mass majority matters u cannot ignore them.

English is official. Go and find out and stop embarrassing yourself. Or better still, let me help you.

https://translatorswithoutborders.org/language-data-nigeria#:~:text=The%20official%20language%20is%20English,are%20all%20used%20in%20Nigeria.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Nigeria
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by jaxxy(m): 8:31pm On Oct 27, 2022
IamAsiri:

English is official. Go and find out and stop embarrassing yourself. Or better still, let me help you.

https://translatorswithoutborders.org/language-data-nigeria#:~:text=The%20official%20language%20is%20English,are%20all%20used%20in%20Nigeria.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Nigeria

ok beautiful bt Arabic is widely adopted bt not official.

like I said its to foster unity not disaffection or intolerance.
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by IamAsiri: 8:38pm On Oct 27, 2022
jaxxy:

ok beautiful bt Arabic is widely adopted bt not official.

like I said its to foster unity not disaffection or intolerance.

But you kept trying to prove how unofficial English is. undecided
Anyway, to foster unity, they should include all the major languages in Nigeria or just leave the official language on it. What irks me is the fact that a clown who says he was a presidential aspirant refers to arabic as an official language in Nigeria. Thank God he is not the president grin.
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by preciousmetals: 8:52pm On Oct 27, 2022
Terrorist Arabic kill you there, Idiioot.
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by jaxxy(m): 9:01pm On Oct 27, 2022
IamAsiri:

But you kept trying to prove how unofficial English is. undecided
Anyway, to foster unity, they should include all the major languages in Nigeria or just leave the official language on it. What irks me is the fact that a clown who says he was a presidential aspirant refers to arabic as an official language in Nigeria. Thank God he is not the president grin.

it's not official bt it's recognised by a majority. That's quite acceptable for inclusiveness since many up north don't speak English the official language.
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by IamAsiri: 9:14pm On Oct 27, 2022
jaxxy:

it's not official bt it's recognised by a majority. That's quite acceptable for inclusiveness since many up north don't speak English the official language.

Just a region out of how many? That's marginalisation of other regions which is what we don't want. That's not "bringing unity", but rather supremacy of a particular region which leads to disunity.
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by gbengene1234(m): 9:16pm On Oct 27, 2022
Why the inclusion of Arabic language again when the corntree isn't a Muslim corntree
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by jaxxy(m): 9:30pm On Oct 27, 2022
IamAsiri:

Just a region out of how many? That's marginalisation of other regions which is what we don't want. That's not "bringing unity", but rather supremacy of a particular region which leads to disunity.

incorrect. it's not just a region bt also a religious group. They are significant.

I know southwest Muslims who also study Arabic.
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by WannaHowzit(m): 9:35pm On Oct 27, 2022
jaxxy:

incorrect. it's not just a region bt also a religious group. They are significant.

Wow, jaxxy my old foe/friend (from my past life as TM something). How do u do?
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by unscripted(m): 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2022
sotall:
When did Arabic become Nigeria's official language?

The indirect imposition of middle east culture religiously inherited by some Nigerians is pungent and frowsky.

Its a cunny attempt to impose certain religious factors into our national life.

bro , look deeper into your analysis.. we are a nation with people of heterogeneous characters.. English represents Christianity to the Muslims the way Arabic represents Islam to Christians... and they are just languages.. so for equality I agree they shud both be on the new notes
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by IamAsiri: 9:39pm On Oct 27, 2022
jaxxy:

So? Some people studied Yoruba too as a language. Southwest Muslims who studied Arabic can read English language as most of them went to school. If Hausa language is the issue, then they should write dubu naira instead of the Arabic on 1000 naira notes and and so on.

Some of these your Hausa people... don't they have accounts? How were they able to open accounts in various banks? Why didn't they insist on Arabic account opening forms or why didn't they write their names in Arabic and see their forms thrown out into the dustbin?
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by IamAsiri: 9:43pm On Oct 27, 2022
unscripted:
bro , look deeper into your analysis.. we are a nation with people of heterogeneous characters.. English represents Christianity to the Muslims the way Arabic represents Islam to Christians... and they are just languages.. so for equality I agree they shud both be on the new notes

English does not represent Christianity. Please don't get this wrong. Some Odu Ifa books are written in English language. English language is the nation's official language.
Re: Redesigning Of Naira Notes: Retain The English & Arabic Languages - Adamu Garba by jaxxy(m): 9:47pm On Oct 27, 2022
IamAsiri:

So? Some people studied Yoruba too as a language. Southwest Muslims who studied Arabic can read English language as most of them went to school. If Hausa language is the issue, then they should write dubu naira instead of the Arabic on 1000 naira notes and and so on.

Some of these your Hausa people... don't they have accounts? How were they able to open accounts in various banks? Why didn't they insist on Arabic account opening forms or why didn't they write their names in Arabic and see their forms thrown out into the dustbin?

I'm not hausa. I don't have to be hausa to understand what hausa feel or face same with other tribes. We are all from.same creator..

there should be a sense if inclusiveness. same way I fight for that for igbos I have same energy for other regions and tribes especially major ones.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Saw Hell In Boko Haram's Den, Mechanic Declares . / 2023: Ex-Senators, Others Storm Alaafin, Olubadan Palaces, Woo Them For Tinubu / I Hope 2023 Presidency Ambition Won't Divide Tinubu And Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.