Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,466 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) (24112 Views)

Lagos Tribunal Okays Substituted Service Of Jandor’s Petition On Sanwo-olu / Jandor's Campaign Train Attacked By Sponsored Thugs, Accuses APC (Pictures) / Femi Fani-Kayode formally Registers With The APC (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by nairavsdollars(f): 6:47am On Oct 28, 2022
The re-election bid of Lagos State governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu received a major boost on Thursday as 5,000 members of the Lagos4Lagos movement of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The defectors, including leaders and coordinators of governorship campaign team of the candidate of the PDP, Dr Olajide Adediran ‘Jandor’ were received into the APC by the state deputy Governor, Dr Kadri Obafemi Hamzat, the state party chairman, Pastor Cornelius Ojelabi and members of the state Executive Council at the party secretariat located at Acme Road Ogba.

Though they wore Jandor’s orange-coloured campaign t-shirts to the venue, the defectors later changed to the campaign t-shirts of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, saying their change of uniform signifies the rejection of Jandor and the PDP.

Receiving the new entrants into the party, deputy governor, Hamzat said its a thing of pleasure to welcome the defectors into the Lagos APC.

He said, “I am very happy not because I am welcoming you back into the party but because there is no society that is good without good leaders and people of good intentions.

"This is the time for Nigeria to have the right leadership. Tinubu has the eye for talents and that is what we need in the country. In welcoming you I must say you have made the right decision by joining the Progressives.”

Earlier in his opening remark, Ojelabi described the defection as a step in the right direction.

He said, “They have realised it is time to take the right decision and join the winning team. Thank you for finding it necessary to return to the progressive family and be part of the process of developing Lagos state. You have taken the right decision because this is your party and the right party that has contributed in no small measure to the development of the State.

"This is the only state that has achieved nothing less than 85 per cent of budget performance every year. The only selling point of the opposition is that the electorate should vote for the Aworis but I say the Aworis are for the APC because our party is the only party that has given Aworis opportunities to serve under the state".

"I urge us to use our votes as our investments for the betterment of Lagos State and for all Nigerians.”

Leader of Team Jandor in the PDP and diaspora, Hon. Idowu Daramola said lack of accountability and transparency on the part of Jandor was the reason for their defection.

He said, “We came together to support Jandor because we believed he had a vision but what we met on ground was not what we thought. The journey started when Kunle Dabiri introduced Jandor to me in the United States of America.

“We contributed a lot of money for his campaign. We raised funds for the PDP governorship form he collected and we have been funding him non-stop since then. When he wanted to decamp from APC to PDP, we were behind his defection.
” But things changed when the chairman of the party emerged from Ojo Local Government. This was when we felt its time to leave the party for the PDP. We raised N18m for his defection to PDP".

The ticket of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu presidential ticket changed the narrations. It was at this time I called other members that it is time we move. This is a generational change. I felt this is the time for all Yoruba to think twice and support Tinubu presidency and the second term bid of Babajide Sanwo-Olu. Its time for us to go back and do the right thing.

"If you have a leader that is not accountable to his people then the group is destined for destruction.
When Jandor picked his deputy we were not notified. He chose his deputy all by himself without consulting us. For this, we said we are returning to the APC.”

Coordinator, Diaspora for Jandor in South Africa and the Southern region, Hon Tunde Kazeem, said, “We have been supporting Jandor since his declaration for the governorship seat. For some of us here, majority of this crowd are from the PDP. When Dabiri came up with this idea of defection citing lack of transparency and accountability to the donors as the reason, we reasoned along. Jandor is not someone we can entrust the state to. We are pleased that you have welcome us home. I feel at home already.”

Chairman, Jandor Legacy Forum, Hon. Hammed Mofeola said, “I mobilised for Jandor both here in Lagos and in the diaspora. I have observed the trajectory of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. His history of making excellent leaders from Fashola, Ambode to Sanwo-Olu, I cannot but agree to all his good deeds. Therefore it’s a must for Tinubu to be president come 2023 because he has done a great deal for Lagos and the entire country. We must not relent in our efforts to attaining victory for the party 2023.”

Women leader, Lagos4Lagos, Mrs Jumoke Fakoya said, “I have been with Jandor for three years but today we are here to declare our supports for the Progressives. We are from Ikorodu Central. We declare with all our members for Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu and other candidates of our new Party.”

https://independent.ng/boost-for-sanwo-olus-reelection-as-5000-jandor-supporters-joins-apc/

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by herkeem: 6:57am On Oct 28, 2022

8 Likes

Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by MrFixIt007: 6:57am On Oct 28, 2022
Who were those who counted the people? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The person who counted the 5000 should give accurate details like numbers of women, men, boys, and girls. All the numbers of people defecting are always in whole numbers....You will not see 4996, 4867 grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

107 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:57am On Oct 28, 2022
Take it or leave it, it will be difficult to take Lagos from APC but Nigerians are taking this country back..... Nigeria no bi Lagos

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by KUNZEH(m): 6:58am On Oct 28, 2022
undecided
Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by Henrynorman(m): 6:58am On Oct 28, 2022
Nigerians
Always following the money

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by OPICANTO2223: 6:58am On Oct 28, 2022
Bad

1 Like

Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 28, 2022
Collect your money

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by Michelle70(m): 6:58am On Oct 28, 2022
Reinaldo:
Collect your money
but why is no one joining LP?

Dont tell me those things we felt are supporters are actually programmed online bots

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by LeoDeKing: 6:58am On Oct 28, 2022
Slow and steady is the rule for winning the game.

Tinubu is the next president of the fed rep of Nigeria.

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by Eriokanmi: 6:58am On Oct 28, 2022
Gbadebo Chinedu Patrick Rhodes-Vivour, welcome on board. Your coast is getting clearer. Jandor has got no weight here . The race is between you and Sanwoolu

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 28, 2022
That's the spirit.
Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by Ajebaba(m): 6:58am On Oct 28, 2022
APC has no opposition in Lagos state, know this and know peace ✌️

27 Likes

Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by hotwax: 6:58am On Oct 28, 2022
Let's tell you how Lagos works.

Tinubu owns both APC and PDP in Lagos.

Jimi Agbaje is Tinubu boy. He has been under Tinubu payroll. He did not contest to dislodge APC in Lagos. He was just contesting under Tinubu's instruction.

Most Yoruba PDP members in lagos worship Tinubu. I knew they will all line up behind tinubu at last minutes especially the Muslims and agbero among them.

Jandon is not loyal to tinubu, but PDP party structure is loyal to Tinubu, that's why they are not supporting Jandon. They are all Tinubus foot soldiers. PDP does not exist in Lagos.

However, the tricky part is PDP voters have increased in Lagos. Yoruba Christians and Igbos. If the election is going to be free and fair, Jandon has a chance.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by Manny21: 6:58am On Oct 28, 2022
Jandor shot himself in the leg when he settled for a clown and a political liability like Funke Akindele for a running mate. It was a gross demonstration of unseriousness on the part of Jandor. As soon as he picked his running mate, his ambition was dead on arrival

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by MITCHELL96: 6:58am On Oct 28, 2022
Always 5k grin

Useless party!

Don't forget to put ink for Peter Obi in the elections.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by Juanmike(m): 6:58am On Oct 28, 2022
Lagosian chose to remain in bondage.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by Timekeeper452: 6:58am On Oct 28, 2022
Who is this Jandor guy and wetin really happen? Why him people no like am? Lagos is a lost course though.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by rottable(m): 6:58am On Oct 28, 2022
Everything is all for publicity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by collinsz: 6:59am On Oct 28, 2022
And this is the 5000? Incredible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by Charisco(m): 6:59am On Oct 28, 2022
FTC goes to God almighty for protecting me from evil friends here.
Vote wisely friends
Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by tobenuel(m): 6:59am On Oct 28, 2022
LMAO, Jandor is a joke to PDP Lagos State

3 Likes

Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by Stevenson20: 6:59am On Oct 28, 2022
Problem no dey finish.

Vote Wisely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by KingOfTheDamned: 6:59am On Oct 28, 2022
grin

LIES

MORE LIES FROM THE LYING PARTY APC

That's how Tinubu claimed that he made Lagos and Osun state grin

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by Dialpad: 6:59am On Oct 28, 2022
Who counted them .... lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by Offpoint1: 6:59am On Oct 28, 2022
That's where the money is... after chopping enough, they'll vote LP and PDP.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by OkutaNla: 7:00am On Oct 28, 2022
Even Labour party governorship guy go get more votes pass jandor.

2 Likes

Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by Forest122: 7:00am On Oct 28, 2022
Good news again
Re: 5,000 Supporters Of Jandor Joins APC (Pictures) by BoboNogoDie: 7:00am On Oct 28, 2022
MUMUs

5000 Apc members

50 million labour party members

1 billion PDP members

Yenyenyen

Who dey always count all these people?

85 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ambode Breaks Fast With Muslims In Lagos / Charles Quaker Dokubo: Biography & Profile Of Presidential Amnesty Coordinator / Atiku Visits Owerri, Meets Iwuanyanwu And Others (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.