Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,473 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado (1757 Views)

BREAKING NEWS Many People Killed In Shooting At Supermarket In Colorado. USA. / Things To Do During The X Games In Aspen Jan. 24 - 27 / Driver Escapes Before Massive Sinkhole Swallowed A Toyota RAV4 In Colorado (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 9:04am On Oct 28, 2022
I recently took a nature trip to Aspen, CO from Denver, CO and decided to show nairaland a little bit of Colorado. Not a lot of Nigerians talk about Colorado and some aren't even aware it is a US state but it is one of the most beautiful states in the US. The trip was about 170miles(275km) drive. Aspen is usually a ski town and a sight to behold in the winter but still beautiful year round. The drive took 3hrs30mins. I don't have pictures taken on the drive there cause I was driving but I made sure to take some pictures there and the drive back.

I visited the Maroon Bells and took the Independence Pass back home. The pass is an alternate highway through the mountains we took back to Denver. It is a 2 lane paved road that gets to an elevation of 12,095ft that is open May to October yearly and closed during the winter. We were literally driving around the mountain cliff. Kinda scary! The pass has several scenic stops but we only stopped at The Grottos cause we planned for a day trip.

1 Like

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 9:06am On Oct 28, 2022
The Maroon Bells

1 Like

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 9:07am On Oct 28, 2022
The warnings!!! ⚠️

1 Like

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 9:07am On Oct 28, 2022
Crater Lake in the Maroon Bells!
It's a small lake but the water is so clean and the cool air coming from the lake is better felt than explained. Nature's AC!
Notice the fishes?

2 Likes

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 9:08am On Oct 28, 2022
Fall colours

1 Like

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 9:08am On Oct 28, 2022
Nature's Remodeling Crew
Aspen Trees

2 Likes

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 9:09am On Oct 28, 2022
My friend's the mountain conquerer cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 9:10am On Oct 28, 2022
Drive to the Grottos

The Grottos

1 Like

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by robinso01(m): 9:22am On Oct 28, 2022
hope police, vio, frsc,army and unknown gunmen no disturb you for road?

Oops, sorry, I forgot that it is not Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by VeryWickedMan: 9:32am On Oct 28, 2022
oliviatwist:
[s]some aren't even aware it is a US state but it is one of the most beautiful states in the US[/s].

Aunty just post your pics and geddifok abeg. No need to add lie join.

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by feranmi143: 9:35am On Oct 28, 2022
Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 9:54am On Oct 28, 2022
The Grotos

1 Like

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 9:55am On Oct 28, 2022
Ice caves
Cascades

1 Like

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 9:55am On Oct 28, 2022
Words cannot express the peace and serenity felt here

4 Likes

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 10:05am On Oct 28, 2022
Back on the Independence pass on our way home.
We drove to an elevation where we were eye level with the mountains in the background of the pics above.
I included drone pics of the route we took through the mountain(drone pics not taken by me)

2 Likes

Drive through the pass.
All pics taken from a moving vehicle.
It is too dangerous to randomly stop for pics here.
The pics do not do the height justice though. The trees aren't exactly on leveled grounds contrary to what the pics show, the highway goes through the mountain cliff.

3 Likes

At the Continental Divide(Mountain Peak)

3 Likes

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by KingBosco(m): 10:55am On Oct 28, 2022
Beautiful

1 Like

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 10:56am On Oct 28, 2022
Driving down the Pass

Finally down the mountain and driving through the twin lakes

2 Likes

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 11:24am On Oct 28, 2022
Dinner grin
Grilled octopus as appertizer, then steak and mushrooms cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by tradingknowled1: 12:15pm On Oct 28, 2022
Nice one .. beautiful pictures. ..
meanwhile I offer forex trading Guidance and mentorship program
feel free to PM me if interested

2 Likes

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 10:14am On Oct 29, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

Aunty just post your pics and geddifok abeg. No need to add lie join.
What lie?
Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by Helpout12345: 3:59pm On Oct 29, 2022
oliviatwist:
Driving down the Pass

Finally down the mountain and driving through the twin lakes

Beautiful!

I love to visit here too. Did you have to book entry, packing or anything at Maroon Bells before you embark on this visit ?
Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 4:41pm On Oct 29, 2022
Helpout12345:

Beautiful!

I love to visit here too. Did you have to book entry, packing or anything at Maroon Bells before you embark on this visit ?

I got tickets at
https://aspenchamber.org

The time of the year and time of the day you plan to to visit determines the ticket options available. The page says to book in advance but I bought my tickets same day, there was no parking ticket for that time of the day so I got bus tickets.
Return bus ride is $16/adult, one way is $10 and I think car parking is $10. It allows overnight stay in the bells and with the lowest elevation there being just about 10,000ft above sea level, it's going to a gorgeous night sky.
Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by Helpout12345: 6:42pm On Oct 29, 2022
oliviatwist:

I got tickets at
https://aspenchamber.org

The time of the year and time of the day you plan to to visit determines the ticket options available. The page says to book in advance but I bought my tickets same day, there was no parking ticket for that time of the day so I got bus tickets.
Return bus ride is $16/adult, one way is $10 and I think car parking is $10. It allows overnight stay in the bells and with the lowest elevation there being just about 10,000ft above sea level, it's going to a gorgeous night sky.

Thanks For sharing.

So, You took the shuttle to take a tour of the bells from the entrance or arrivals?

Where did you pack your car you drove from Denver before joining the bus ? Is this the $10 car packing ?
Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by Harkstetunz: 7:47pm On Oct 29, 2022
Beautiful thread. Traveling is therapeutic

1 Like

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 9:52am On Oct 30, 2022
Helpout12345:

Thanks For sharing.

So, You took the shuttle to take a tour of the bells from the entrance or arrivals?

Where did you pack your car you drove from Denver before joining the bus ? Is this the $10 car packing ?

We were already in Aspen on the day we decided to go to Maroon-bells but at that time, it was past the daily cutoff for private cars. I drove to the office where I had to pick up tickets somewhere downtown, there is paid and free parking close by. The bus took us through the gates of the Maroon Bells and dropped us off at a spot that was for parking inside, after that we were free to roam around, hike up the mountains, do whatever. Buses that return people with tickets to downtown Aspen leaves every 15mins until 1pm, then every 20mins until 5pm.

For cars, if you have your ticket, its just to drive to the bells and park there but you have to get in before 8am for day visit(12am-4.30pm) and after 5pm for evening visit(5pm-12am), the parking is $10. I am not sure about the cost but there is also a 24hr and 2 nights option. I attached pictures of the parking spot.

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 9:59am On Oct 30, 2022
Harkstetunz:
Beautiful thread. Traveling is therapeutic
Thank you. It really is.
The trip was relaxing and refreshing.

1 Like

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by Ertugrul: 2:03pm On Oct 30, 2022
Nice post OP, very beautiful

1 Like

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by Helpout12345: 2:46pm On Oct 30, 2022
oliviatwist:

We were already in Aspen on the day we decided to go to Maroon-bells but at that time, it was past the daily cutoff for private cars. I drove to the office where I had to pick up tickets somewhere downtown, there is paid and free parking close by. The bus took us through the gates of the Maroon Bells and dropped us off at a spot that was for parking inside, after that we were free to roam around, hike up the mountains, do whatever. Buses that return people with tickets to downtown Aspen leaves every 15mins until 1pm, then every 20mins until 5pm.

For cars, if you have your ticket, its just to drive to the bells and park there but you have to get in before 8am for day visit(12am-4.30pm) and after 5pm for evening visit(5pm-12am), the parking is $10. I am not sure about the cost but there is also a 24hr and 2 nights option. I attached pictures of the parking spot.

Many thanks Olivia. Very detailed information.

Is below the address in downtown Aspen where you picked up the tickets? If not, please can you help with that address ? Thanks again.

Aspen Chamber Resort Association
590 N. Mill Street
Aspen, CO 81611
Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 3:32pm On Oct 30, 2022
Helpout12345:

Many thanks Olivia. Very detailed information.

Is below the address in downtown Aspen where you picked up the tickets? If not, please can you help with that address ? Thanks again.

Aspen Chamber Resort Association
590 N. Mill Street
Aspen, CO 81611
I booked for tickets online at the website initially provided and they sent me a confirmation email with the departure point, the departure point is right next to the office I got my tickets. The address is

Aspen Highlands Village
75 Boomerang Rd
Aspen, CO 81611, US
Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by Helpout12345: 3:42pm On Oct 30, 2022
oliviatwist:

I booked for tickets online at the website initially provided and they sent me a confirmation email with the departure point, the departure point is right next to the office I got my tickets. The address is

Aspen Highlands Village
75 Boomerang Rd
Aspen, CO 81611, US

Thank you so much. Aspen CO, Maroon Bells is my next travel destination.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Easy Is Getting A South African Visa With The Ecowas Passport? / How Can A Friend From Oman Visit Me In Nigeria? / How Can I Settle With My Wife In Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.