Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,693 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado (1758 Views)

BREAKING NEWS Many People Killed In Shooting At Supermarket In Colorado. USA. / Things To Do During The X Games In Aspen Jan. 24 - 27 / Driver Escapes Before Massive Sinkhole Swallowed A Toyota RAV4 In Colorado (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 5:17pm On Oct 30, 2022
Helpout12345:

Thank you so much. Aspen CO, Maroon Bells is my next travel destination.

Cool. Sounds like you do this a lot too.
Do you have any recommendations?
Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by Helpout12345: 5:52pm On Oct 30, 2022
oliviatwist:

Cool. Sounds like you do this a lot too.
Do you have any recommendations?

Yes. I like to see new places. Based on other people's experience and recommendations, you can consider following places around Denver, CO.

1. Downtown Aquarium
2. Denver Zoo and Botanica Garden
3. Red Rocks Amphitheater
4. Rocky Mountain National Park
Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 4:36am On Oct 31, 2022
Helpout12345:

Yes. I like to see new places. Based on other people's experience and recommendations, you can consider following places around Denver, CO.

1. Downtown Aquarium
2. Denver Zoo and Botanica Garden
3. Red Rocks Amphitheater
4. Rocky Mountain National Park

I lived in the Denver area for a couple years before I moved but never visited the aquarium even though I've always wanted to visit. I'm going to take this as a sign and visit before i go back home cheesy.
Thanks! smiley
Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by Helpout12345: 5:27pm On Oct 31, 2022
oliviatwist:

I lived in the Denver area for a couple years before I moved but never visited the aquarium even though I've always wanted to visit. I'm going to take this as a sign and visit before i go back home cheesy.
Thanks! smiley

I think you will love the aquarium. I was also there sometimes in 2019. It was a very good experience.

How did you find Denver while you lived there? Did you love it?
Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 10:01pm On Oct 31, 2022
Helpout12345:

I think you will love the aquarium. I was also there sometimes in 2019. It was a very good experience.

How did you find Denver while you lived there? Did you love it?

I did love it. Colorado is beautiful and really clean compared to so many cities I've been to/lived in the US, the people and a lot of the state laws are reasonable, their politics isn't extreme, income tax is not bad, sales taxes are average and property taxes one of the least in the country. Housing is what makes cost of living high in Colorado cause everything else is actually okay. It gets cold but not too extreme, low humidity in Colorado also mean the temperature doesn't feel as bad as it truly is on most days, hot or cold, plus they get a lot of sunshine days so snows melt fast.
I moved cause of 2 main reasons, I wanted to buy a home and home prices in Colorado are high compared to how much i was making, i found somewhere that paid me better with cheaper home prices and decided to move there. Also, it is mostly white and hispanic population so not too diverse, little diverse pockets here and there. In terms of diversity, it is way better than places like Maine but nothing compared to places like Texas.
I do miss it though, I likely wouldn't have moved if I had family there and I recently contemplated moving back there.
Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by Zeel007: 10:56pm On Oct 31, 2022
oliviatwist:
My friend's the mountain conquerer cheesy
enjoy your trip dear. The place is indeed beautiful. May God enrich my pocket also to take such trip someday. Thanks for sharing once again...
Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by Helpout12345: 11:30pm On Oct 31, 2022
oliviatwist:

I did love it. Colorado is beautiful and really clean compared to so many cities I've been to/lived in the US, the people and a lot of the state laws are reasonable, their politics isn't extreme, income tax is not bad, sales taxes are average and property taxes one of the least in the country. Housing is what makes cost of living high in Colorado cause everything else is actually okay. It gets cold but not too extreme, low humidity in Colorado also mean the temperature doesn't feel as bad as it truly is on most days, hot or cold, plus they get a lot of sunshine days so snows melt fast.
I moved cause of 2 main reasons, I wanted to buy a home and home prices in Colorado are high compared to how much i was making, i found somewhere that paid me better with cheaper home prices and decided to move there. Also, it is mostly white and hispanic population so not too diverse, little diverse pockets here and there. In terms of diversity, it is way better than places like Maine but nothing compared to places like Texas.
I do miss it though, I likely wouldn't have moved if I had family there and I recently contemplated moving back there.

Good. I agree Colorado is lovely.

Everything you said is correct assessment of the state. I love the housing prices though for investment property. Investment property appreciate very fast there.
Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 6:27am On Nov 01, 2022
Zeel007:
enjoy your trip dear. The place is indeed beautiful. May God enrich my pocket also to take such trip someday. Thanks for sharing once again...

AMEN!
Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 6:32am On Nov 01, 2022
Helpout12345:

Good. I agree Colorado is lovely.

Everything you said is correct assessment of the state. I love the housing prices though for investment property. Investment property appreciate very fast there.
It was hot until recently, the housing market here has really slowed and given the current mortgage interest rate, most people are not willing to buy or even sell for that matter at a 7% rate.
There is an article I saw few days back on how the flipping company "Open Door" recently lost some money flipping in the Denver area. Not a great time to buy or sell.
Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by Chloraseptic: 8:09am On Nov 01, 2022
See as road clean and fine like some people living room.
Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by Chloraseptic: 2:41pm On Nov 01, 2022
Bksense:

Lol I was in haste. I said it.

What's your point?

Is it not fine or what

1 Like

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by Helpout12345: 3:37pm On Nov 01, 2022
oliviatwist:

It was hot until recently, the housing market here has really slowed and given the current mortgage interest rate, most people are not willing to buy or even sell for that matter at a 7% rate.
There is an article I saw few days back on how the flipping company "Open Door" recently lost some money flipping in the Denver area. Not a great time to buy or sell.

Sure. Not the right time to buy now. The Fed is still trying to fight the inflation for now, more rate hikes are still expected.

1 Like

Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by bizzibodi(m): 9:44pm On Nov 01, 2022
Oh Colorado I love that place especially pike peak.
Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 9:54pm On Nov 01, 2022
Chloraseptic:
See as road clean and fine like some people living room.
grin grin grin
Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 9:56pm On Nov 01, 2022
Bksense:

Lol I was in haste. I said it.
Go easy on him, he said like and not more than some people's living room grin grin
Not everywhere in the US is actually this clean. Colorado is a clean state.
Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 10:01pm On Nov 01, 2022
Helpout12345:

Sure. Not the right time to buy now. The Fed is still trying to fight the inflation for now, more rate hikes are still expected.
Homeowners are praying for a soft landing, home shoppers are waiting to see everything crash and burn cheesy
Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by oliviatwist: 10:05pm On Nov 01, 2022
bizzibodi:
Oh Colorado I love that place especially pike peak.
Did you summit Pike's Peak?
How was it?
Re: My Naturetrip To Aspen, Colorado by bizzibodi(m): 10:17pm On Nov 02, 2022
oliviatwist:

Did you summit Pike's Peak?
How was it?
Yea!It was a hilarious experience grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A Foreigner Go In To Nigeria? / I Am Coming To Lagos For 1st Time - Nl Please Advise Me / Mode Of Payment For E-passport In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.