Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,680 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Bismarck Rewane: Naira Redesign May Cause GDP Fall But Not Increased Inflation - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bismarck Rewane: Naira Redesign May Cause GDP Fall But Not Increased Inflation (16319 Views)

Naira Under-valued In Official, Parallel Forex Markets – Bismarck Rewane / Naira Fair Value Should Settle Between ₦‎640-₦‎680/$ – Bismarch Rewane / Bismarck Rewane Claims Naira Overvalued By 200%, Begs CBN To Set Currency Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bismarck Rewane: Naira Redesign May Cause GDP Fall But Not Increased Inflation by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:20pm On Oct 28, 2022
GreyLaw:

Inflation and debt and you burn through over 50bn from which savings? And this for a policy which may not work? Oga, all the times Nigeria changed the Naira, how did it help fight inflation. Please mention a case study.

Thank you in advance.
This one choke o.
Well, the reason for re-denomination is not always to curb inflation. But most times Nigeria have changed the currency, it has actually achieved it's purpose including during the war, which effectively rendered Biafra broke.
You think the cost is too high to fight inflation. Well if it works, I think 50bn will be a cheap price to pay don't you think?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bismarck Rewane: Naira Redesign May Cause GDP Fall But Not Increased Inflation by Ijb11: 10:00pm On Oct 28, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Naira Redesign May Cause GDP Fall But Not Increased Inflation by Horlufemi(m): 7:12am On Oct 29, 2022
jasent:

Why will they buy naira when they can still exchange their dollars to the new naira?

No mind am. Many people can only read and write. They don't have sense, wisdom or any intelligence

1 Like

Re: Bismarck Rewane: Naira Redesign May Cause GDP Fall But Not Increased Inflation by Brian47(m): 12:47pm On Oct 29, 2022
Michelle70:
One reason why dollar appreciates is because it is difficult to find and the demand for it is high.

In simple economics, the higher the demand, the higher the price.

In few months now, the demand for the new Naira will be high.

So you're saying that this move would increase our naria value?
Cos I was thinking any 1k that enters my hand I'll be converting them to dollar.
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Naira Redesign May Cause GDP Fall But Not Increased Inflation by AlphaTaikun: 2:38pm On Oct 31, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

You're saying the same thing as he is only in another way. The idea behind redesigning the naira is obviously to curb inflation and mop up the excess naira in circulation through CBN's printing policy.

It will definitely lead to fall in inflation as you said and of course fall in GDP as he said. Where I don't see a problem is, the GDP is already fallen so you can't kill a dead man.
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Naira Redesign May Cause GDP Fall But Not Increased Inflation by LilleG(m): 10:53pm On Dec 17, 2022
Is this our problem?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SCC Nigeria May Shut Pipe Factory / Nigeria In Talks With Saudi’s Islamic Bank On Sukuk Deal / Before You Quit Your Job To Become An Entrepreneur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.