Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Efcc Traces N62m To Alamieyeseigha Daughter’s Bank Account - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efcc Traces N62m To Alamieyeseigha Daughter’s Bank Account (2285 Views)

Arms Deal: EFCC Traces Transfers To 11 Foreign Accounts In UK, US, Niger / EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives / Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Efcc Traces N62m To Alamieyeseigha Daughter’s Bank Account by Odeku(m): 4:16pm On Feb 26, 2006
Thank God we have Obansojo and the EFCC

THE former Bayelsa Governor, Chief Diepreye Alamieye-seigha, may have more reasons to worry in detention as the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) operatives have allegedly traced over N62 million into the bank account of one of his children.

The money was reportedly found in the account of his 18-year old daughter at a Yenagoa branch of one of the fastest-growing new generation banks in the country.

Alamieyeseigha is currently standing trial before a Federal High Court in Lagos for money laundering offences.

His trial has in the last couple of weeks suffered some set back because of complications arising from the tummy tuck operation he had in Germany last year.

Sunday Punch had exclusively reported that the embattled former governor had admitted operating a financial Trust Account in a London bank in a confessional statement he made to the EFCC.

Part of the statement had read, “I do not operate personal account in UBS London, but a trust account in the name of Falcon Flight Inc. The beneficiaries are my children. The principal purpose of the trust is educational /health.

“They (his children) can only benefit from it when they are above 25 years. My children are not aware of the facility. Falcon Flight and SALO TRUST are one and the same. Nasim Ahmed should explain. Nasim is Executive Director of UBS (London).”

But on-going investigation into Alamieyeseigha’s financial dealings by operatives attached to the EFCC late January allegedly traced N62 million to the current account of his daughter, said to be a student.

It was learnt that the operatives were shocked when they stumbled on the account while investigating other members of his family, including his wife over allegations of corruption.

Sources stated that she could not explain the source of the money during interrogation by security agents.

“His daughter and wife are being investigated for corruptly enriching themselves with money belonging to the Bayelsa State Government.”

“The sum of N62 million has been traced to a current account she operates at the Yenagoa branch of a new generation bank.

“She has been questioned to tell the commission how she was able to acquire N62 million at 18 years. She is a student; she could not convince us how she made all that money.”

When contacted, the EFCC spokesman, Mr. Osita Nwajah, said that he was not at liberty to speak on the discovery of the N62 million allegedly traced to the account of the daughter of the former Bayelsa governor.

Probed further on the matter, Nwajah said that “I have no briefing on that matter for now. Therefore, I cannot comment on it.”

http://www.punchng.com/main/article02
Re: Efcc Traces N62m To Alamieyeseigha Daughter’s Bank Account by Hero(m): 5:28am On Feb 27, 2006
Stupid girl!! If its found out that she did this and not one of her parents, her life is over, and only at the tender young age of 18!! What the hell was she thinking? I cant believe these people actually thought that they were going to get away with all of this crap forever. angry
Re: Efcc Traces N62m To Alamieyeseigha Daughter’s Bank Account by Hotstepper(f): 6:05am On Feb 27, 2006
na wahhh, so ppl can be heartles like diz, do u know wat N62 million is and yet ur stste is a dead place, God is at work now
Re: Efcc Traces N62m To Alamieyeseigha Daughter’s Bank Account by Jakumo(m): 7:05am On Feb 27, 2006
Clearly a chip off the old moronic block-head, Governor Alhelpmasef's daughter is an slowpoke of profound stupidity, though lest we forget, Nigeria is a country where superstition and hocus pocus loom large in the mentality of so many.

Quite possibly the looting governors daughter had confidently paid a Juju consultant's handsome fee for "native protection" from the long arm of the EFCC, only to run head-first SMACK into the real world where juju NEVER works.
Re: Efcc Traces N62m To Alamieyeseigha Daughter’s Bank Account by Odeku(m): 4:34pm On Feb 27, 2006
Im sure her papa gave her the money before hell broke loose, and as young as she is, she had no idea how to hide the money tongue
Re: Efcc Traces N62m To Alamieyeseigha Daughter’s Bank Account by Seun(m): 9:19am On Mar 01, 2006
She should have confessed immediately. Afterall she may have been under 18 when the money was moved into her account (and thus, arguably free of blame). But being a typical young girl she'll tell lies on behalf of her father and end up in trouble.
Re: Efcc Traces N62m To Alamieyeseigha Daughter’s Bank Account by ono(m): 9:26am On Mar 01, 2006
OK. Let OBJ explain to Nigerians and all, how his son, got $50 million dollars to buy a mansion in New York, just a couple of days after graduating from a school in the US?

Comparing the N62 million to $50million, one could see that there's more to this matter than meet the ordinary eyes here, abeg make una chill out!!!

Surely, this is a case of the kettle calling the pot black.
Re: Efcc Traces N62m To Alamieyeseigha Daughter’s Bank Account by Jakumo(m): 9:43am On Mar 01, 2006
Ono your quoted $50 million figure has GOT to be wrong. Even a $2 million dollar home in Beverly Hills would be one of the largest on the block. The figure you quote would buy an entire island complete with a 4000 meter private aircraft runway.
Re: Efcc Traces N62m To Alamieyeseigha Daughter’s Bank Account by ono(m): 10:34am On Mar 01, 2006
Oga Jakumo, please correct me o o. How much did OBJ steal to buy the mansion for his son. In any case, stealing is stealing. There's no reason for the Kettle to call the Pot black.
Re: Efcc Traces N62m To Alamieyeseigha Daughter’s Bank Account by ono(m): 11:08am On Mar 01, 2006
And now, I have a truckload of allegations against OBJ. Let him clear himself of all these using EFCC before he starts making any noise.

1. The forgery of the Electoral Act of 2002;

2. Refusal to implement the successive budgets passed by the National Assembly;

3. Willful and serial refusal to abide by court orders, including those of the Supreme Court, such as withholding of Lagos State Local Council funds

4. Reckless expenditure not appropriated by the National Assembly, such as the over One Billion Naira spent on the defunct National Political Reform Conference;

5. Military invasion of Odi, Zaki Biam, Warri and, of recent, Yenagoa;

6. State sponsored gangsterism, such as the abduction of the Governor of Anambra State and the burning of all symbols of authority in the State by the President's own henchmen; and

7. Corrupt inducement of members of the National Assembly with huge sums of money to influence them perpetrate such acts as removal of their Speaker, leading tot he embarrassing display of a mountain of cash next to the House of Representative's symbol of authority- the mace."
Emasculation and subverted other political parties in pursuit of the third term agenda

8. The alleged attempt by the presidency to impeach the speaker of the House of Representatives Aminu Masari for dissociation himself from the alleged third term bid

9. The subjection of Nigerians to an unprecedented level of corruption, poverty, unemployment and general absence of security, in the name of economic reforms

10. Security agents being used to terrorise opponents of the regime in the name of war against corruption.

11. Where is the President's cousin and erstwhile Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Defence who was taken to court on charges of stealing N400 million of public funds, but whose case was mysteriously and unceremoniously withdrawn without recourse to due process and to the rule of law?

12. What investigations have they conducted into the N300 billion allegedly spent on the construction of federal roads over which the President, himself expressed open embarrassment?

13. where is the N10 billion earmarked for poverty reduction under the Poverty Alleviation Programme?;

14. Where is the final report of the investigation into the Nigerian Port Authority and where are the billions allegedly embezzled by cronies and close associates of the President? I heard the report is out now, but what has he done about it?

15. Recently, the administration's anti-corruption watchdog, the EFCC, openly admitted what everybody else knows, that there is no transparency in the operations of Central Bank of Nigerian (CBN), Nigeria Port Authority (NPA) and Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC). The CBN and NNPC are under the direct supervision of the President. What happened to due process and the so-called extractive industry transparency initiative? Is the President above the law?

16. Although the President himself has been the Minister of Petroleum since 1999 and considering that oil accounts for an overwhelming proportion of our national revenue, why has the President never presented a memo to the Federal Executive Council in respect of allocation of crude oil, importation of refined products or other public procurement contracts?

17. Where did the PDP find moral justification for returning a self-confessed election rigger, an arsonist and one of the President's well-known henchmen back into the Party and making him a member of its Board of Trustees?

18. Why are there so many embarrassingly rich people among the President's aides, whose source of income are unknown?

19. Where is the richest person to ever retire as the Chief Executive of NNPC under questionable circumstances and what are his sources of wealth? Why, unlike the immediate past Inspector-General of Police, is he still walking the streets? and

20. Where did the President's son get the money to buy an expensive mansion in New York?
Re: Efcc Traces N62m To Alamieyeseigha Daughter’s Bank Account by Jakumo(m): 2:40pm On Mar 01, 2006
Ono I remain skeptical of accusations linking Baba Iyabo to embezzled Nigerian public funds.  Certainly there will be dishonest civil servants at all levels in any administration,  as the apprehension of Governor Alhelpmasef and his entire family clearly illustrates, but assigning the president direct guilt for all sins committed while he is in office is presumptious.

Obasanjo's attack on corrupt officers within his administration would not even have been contemplated if he personally was tainted.   So far no DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE has been made public regarding foreign real estate holdings or bank accounts traceable to the Obasanjo family.  If and when that solid evidence surfaces, fence-sitters like myself will quickly join the hecklers.
Re: Efcc Traces N62m To Alamieyeseigha Daughter’s Bank Account by ono(m): 3:07pm On Mar 01, 2006
It's nice to know you're sitting on the fence, though. I can assure you, you'd be with the hecklers soon.
Re: Efcc Traces N62m To Alamieyeseigha Daughter’s Bank Account by LoverBwoy(m): 6:50pm On Mar 01, 2006
HMmmm i dont think she will be prosecuted, her dad is just using the account simple n straight forward! and why cant the press be striaght forward andhelpful they should state the name of the bank, the accounts manager and the actual person that opened or operate the account!!

Ono did obasanjo buy the house for his son or he bought it himself?

the question of where he got the money from should be directed to the son not the father (for now)

I think the president said anyone that has evidence of corruption against him should declare it to the efcc and if there is not evidence u will have eto wait for him to get out of aso rock since he enjoys immunity--which nigerians dont seem to have a problem or knowledge of until the alamaseigh* saga
and please put the case forward dont just sit at home and shout ole' grin
Re: Efcc Traces N62m To Alamieyeseigha Daughter’s Bank Account by Odeku(m): 2:46pm On Mar 05, 2006
ONO before you accused someone of buying $50 million house in the state, please provide evidence to support your accusation, and for your info, we have something called good credit in America, which means you can buy anything you want in good faith and promise to pay your notes. Even if this guy bought a $50 million house, which is not true, did he pay cash for the property, or is he paying mortgage? Even NBA stat Micheal Jordan's house is not $50 Million. lier lier pants on fire.
Re: Efcc Traces N62m To Alamieyeseigha Daughter’s Bank Account by ono(m): 9:08am On Mar 08, 2006
Odeku & LoverBwuoy,
Abeg make una go siddon!!! If the economic situation in the country is so bad that the ordinary Nigerian lives on less than $1 a day, what moral justification does OBJ & Sons have to buy a house (at whatever amount, in dollars, euro, naira or whatever) in NY?

And on what ground are they now accusing Alams & Daughter of stashing away N62 million in a South African Bank?

Besides, if we take a closer look at these things, Alams is from a region that produces the bulk of the nations wealth. Alams is from Amassoma, a village that is home to several oil fields, producing the eggs that nourish OBJ & Sons purse. Why should he not take something that flows from his back yard?

On the other hand, OBJ & Son are from Owu, an enclave that practically generates NOTHING to the natonal purse. So, why should OBJ persecute Alams in the first place.

Abeg, make una take pure water and cool down for where una dey!!!!
Re: Efcc Traces N62m To Alamieyeseigha Daughter’s Bank Account by demmy(m): 9:37am On Mar 08, 2006
Besides, if we take a closer look at these things, Alams is from a region that produces the bulk of the nations wealth. Alams is from Amassoma, a village that is home to several oil fields, producing the eggs that nourish OBJ & Sons purse. Why should he not take something that flows from his back yard?

On the other hand, OBJ & Son are from Owu, an enclave that practically generates NOTHING to the natonal purse. So, why should OBJ persecute Alams in the first place.

Incoherent arguments proffered by Niger Delta agitators:

1) Niger delta leaders are stooges

2) Niger delta leaders have right to steal since the resources come from their backyards.

3) Non Deltans (read Yorubas) are the cause of chaos in Niger delta and are the ones benefiting from it.
Re: Efcc Traces N62m To Alamieyeseigha Daughter’s Bank Account by ono(m): 2:50pm On Mar 08, 2006
To use the right word, Alams is just taking something from his homeland. He did not steal it. It is OBJ, and other thieves who are actually stealing what does not belong to them in the first place.

They are the ones to be arrested, detained, summarily charged with treason and sentenced to a life jail term. It's just that OBJ is very old now. I think he wont last 2 years if sent to the gulag again!
Re: Efcc Traces N62m To Alamieyeseigha Daughter’s Bank Account by Odeku(m): 3:29pm On Mar 08, 2006
MR ONO I am not sure what to say to you, but you are letting your vision cloud your judgment, How can you accused OBJ son for stealing and no one can provide concrete evidence to support this accusation, and you saying Alam took from is land is preposterous. So you will rather one man steal from the country while other are living in poverty? How ignorant . I am happy to see you speak like this, cause I will make sure if you ever get into politics, we not gonna vote for you, cause we see how you think.
Re: Efcc Traces N62m To Alamieyeseigha Daughter’s Bank Account by ono(m): 7:49pm On Mar 09, 2006
My brother, you're in Chicago, enjoying life for yonder. You no know wetin dey. To get concrete evidence, OBJ must leave office first. Now let me explain, because you and Jakumo wants concrete evidence.

1. When Gen Abacha was head of state, nobody dared accuse him of embezzling, stealing or missappropriating govt. money, right? But after he died from the hands of Indian prostitutes, our security agencies, CBN and all started making a lot of noise about Abachas loot. Of course OBJ had to constitute a panel of enquiry into Abachas loot. The rest is history.

2. When IBB was head of state, no one dared accuse the man of stealing govt. money, not to talk of the oil windfall during his reign as military presido. But after he stepped aside, loudmouths, bootlickers and stooges alike started accusing the man of embezzling govt money.

What am I trying to make u understand?

That when these thieves are in power, it is better you don't start looking for concrete evidence. Wait until they become yeomen (ordinary men). Then, they will be unmasked.

So, asking me for concrete evidence on[b] OBJs loot will amount to nothing at this time[/b]. I will tell you, God willing, when he's out of Aso Rock.

(1) (Reply)

Should Ismalic Dress Code Be Compulsory In School For Non Muslims? / Ex-lagos Police Chief Now King / Otedola's National Life Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.