Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard (35993 Views)

10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive / World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian / Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 22, 2011
Diekoniaratoyimikaniwajunieyin-ninuaraninujesu-43 letters. Dat is d longest av heard so far.
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 22, 2011
Oritseoritsewarami
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by deadie(m): 9:58pm On Aug 22, 2011
Nwanynaakwaakwainaakwaakwashinaokukogiyiriakwanaeluakwaikwaraakwa? - woman that is crying, are you crying that your chicken laid an egg on the bed you just made?

Since una dey joke, make I join una.
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by Princek12(m): 9:58pm On Aug 22, 2011
kweeneve:

Diekoniaratoyimikaniwajunieyin-ninuaraninujesu-43 letters. Dat is d longest av heard so far.

are you sure you didn't make that up?
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by JAZES(m): 9:59pm On Aug 22, 2011
Iseoluwa
Kosehinoluwa
Ogheneovoaporuwekwe(Beat that). I even lost count self grin grin grin
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2011
And the wierdos rained undecided
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by YommiE1(m): 10:10pm On Aug 22, 2011
Ok Otaibayomiolorunioje actually it's my name grin
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by firefly999: 10:32pm On Aug 22, 2011
tamunongoyenakorobofori , 23 letters- cant remember what it means
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by lansha2006: 10:35pm On Aug 22, 2011
Iremide, Oluwafirewamiri
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by udbyron1(m): 10:40pm On Aug 22, 2011
;d ;d
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by sweetguy10(m): 10:53pm On Aug 22, 2011
Omotiediyebakuatalanlo
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by hooged: 11:07pm On Aug 22, 2011
omormeiwuzor 'my benin girl frewnd during nysc'
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by coolgb(m): 11:14pm On Aug 22, 2011
Agbe-loba-loko-egan (meaning, the farmer is the king of the jungle) shortened to 'Baba Agbe' so common among ondo and ekiti people grin

2. Ileke-Idi

(meji yen noni)
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by youngmonie: 11:19pm On Aug 22, 2011
Enenemiboforitamunokpekerebia wakama
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by nagoma(m): 11:34pm On Aug 22, 2011
Danhakindakarena (16).
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by Kunbee: 11:39pm On Aug 22, 2011
Omousiolohirenua

My cousins name, i love it  cheesy
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by tpia5: 12:02am On Aug 23, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Oluwafunminiomobirinketorinamoyosese - 36

True Story!!  cheesy cheesy

Loosely translated - The Lord has give a girl child to care for, for that I rejoice greatly or sum'm along those lines.

makes no sense.

could you break it down because nobody writes like that.
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by Nobody: 12:32am On Aug 23, 2011
OBORO-WO-KWO-RU-KWOKWO-OSE-E-BEDE-BEDE NAPOLEON,

an urhobo na,
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by willyluv(m): 2:40am On Aug 23, 2011
My classmate- Idaminabomerinkperetamunoyeforedapa. he could not fill JAMB form.
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by BabaRamo(m): 4:23am On Aug 23, 2011
Orohugheghesakponanome -22 words.
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by mopol2(m): 6:34am On Aug 23, 2011
[color=#990000][/color]OmiehJonathanOrunnisiedeBrinumugha , meaning jonathan will continue ruling nigeria,

LOL grin grin grin grin
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by Lachynos2k2(m): 7:22am On Aug 23, 2011
Okirikirikaanaagbaukwuoseanaghiariyaelu, i cant even count, haahahahaha
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by yeye4live(m): 7:24am On Aug 23, 2011
adebabayeye4live dats my name i tink its d longest
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by Phate07(m): 8:36am On Aug 23, 2011

Obumnekechukwumanaakamdiochaihemneemehiegbukwalem. 49 letters. undecided

Meaning: Am not the one that creates, God knows that my hands are clean, let that which i have not done kill me not.
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by freezy(m): 8:50am On Aug 23, 2011
Check this:

Moyosioreoluwaolorunorunohunagbayeloriminigbagbogbolopolopo. 60 letters! undecided

Simply means, I'm happy for the favors I receive from God! shocked

Even the English translation is not as long. . .
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by blank(f): 8:54am On Aug 23, 2011
Okechukwukereokeonyekozuru
The portion that God shared, who did it reach?

This is was the name of my uncle before he went to court and shortened the name to four letters.
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by BABE3: 8:55am On Aug 23, 2011
freezy:

Check this:

Moyosioreoluwaolorunorunohunagbayeloriminigbagbogbolopolopo. 60 letters! undecided

lol--- I noticed that everyone has been making up names.

That name shouldn't be that long. Moyosoreoluwa is more like it. They both have the same full meaning.
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by freezy(m): 9:04am On Aug 23, 2011
BABE!:

lol--- I noticed that everyone has been making up names.

That name shouldn't be that long. Moyosoreoluwa is more like it. They both have the same full meaning.

Chic, I swear I am not making this one up.
This was when we were growing up in the staff quarters of a popular Federal University in the late 80's up to the early 90's
It was her first daughter after about 6 years of marriage or thereabouts.
You needed to hear the uproar as the names were being read.
Never seen anyname as long as that (say with the exception of those portugese names and I doubt there'll ever be one.
She's a big girl now and is simply known as Moyo.
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by BABE3: 9:06am On Aug 23, 2011
^^ lol--- Nawa. I believe you. smiley
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by Ivbade: 9:08am On Aug 23, 2011
Awanorkhueniegbeobonoh
Re: The Longest Nigerian Name You've Heard by freezy(m): 9:11am On Aug 23, 2011
BABE!:

^^ lol--- Nawa. I believe you. smiley

Nawa o. Guess Nigerians could be very expressive when showing appreciation to the great deity.

What would have happened if she gave birth to the girl after 10 or 15 years?  undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Igbinedion Brothers At The Wedding Of Ewamade Igbinedion, Their Sister / Ooni Ogunwusi Performs Olokun On Philadelphia Bridge,USA(pics / South African Black Females r the Most Refined n elegant Black Girls in d world!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.