Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister (36967 Views)

FLASHBACK: 3 Times Buhari Said He Approved Naira Redesign / Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, Tinubu Rejected It, Is All Really Well In APC? / Buhari Approved The Release Of National Stadium, Surulere To Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by ogododo: 7:44am On Oct 29, 2022
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has said it followed due process as far as redesigning three series of the naira is concerned.

Spokesman of the apex bank, Mr. Osita Nwanisobi, said this while responding to the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed, who said her ministry was not carried along.

When she appeared before a senate committee on Friday, the minister had faulted the process, which she described as ill-timed.

But Nwanisobi expressed surprise at the minister’s claim, stressing that the CBN remains a very thorough institution.

He said the management of the CBN, in line with provisions of section 2(b), section 18(a), and section 19(a)(b) of the CBN Act 2007, had duly sought and obtained the approval of President Muhammadu Buhari in writing to redesign, produce, release and circulate new series of N200, N500, and N1,000 banknotes.

Urging Nigerians to support the currency redesign project, he said it was in the overall interest of Nigerians, reiterating that some persons were hoarding significant sums of banknotes outside the vaults of commercial banks.

This trend, he said, should not be encouraged by anyone who means well for the country.

Furthermore, he noted that currency management in the country had faced several escalating challenges which threatened the integrity of the currency, the CBN, and the country.

Nwanisobi added that every top-rate Central Bank was committed to safeguarding the integrity of the local legal tender, the efficiency of its supply, as well as its efficacy in the conduct of monetary policy.

On the timing of the redesign project, Nwanisobi explained that the CBN had even tarried for too long considering that it had to wait 20 years to carry out a redesign, whereas the standard practice globally was for central banks to redesign, produce and circulate new local legal tender every five to eight years.

While assuring Nigerians that the currency redesign exercise was purely a central banking exercise and not targeted at any group, the CBN spokesman expressed optimism that the effort will, among other goals, deepen Nigeria’s push to entrench a cashless economy in the face of increased minting of the eNaira. This, he said, is in addition to helping to curb the incidents of terrorism and kidnapping due to access of persons to the large volume of money outside the banking system used as a source of funds for ransom payments.

Nwanisobi therefore urged Nigerians, irrespective of their status, to support the Naira redesign project, as it is for the greater good of the economy.

https://dailytrust.com/just-in-buhari-approved-naira-redesign-cbn-replies-finance-minister

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 29, 2022
Everybody just dey do their own, criminal and irresponsible administration

Atiku is coming

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by Moh247: 7:45am On Oct 29, 2022
cool

CBN and Finance Ministry has different roles and are independent of each other

One handles Fiscal policy the other handles Monetary policy

135 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by Ecos(m): 7:46am On Oct 29, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by Tochi3(m): 7:46am On Oct 29, 2022
Ahhhhhh... APCSHIT....

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by Ecos(m): 7:47am On Oct 29, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Shut up your dirty mouth clueless zombie. I wonder the kind of senseless person you will be in real life. I know for sure that people around you will be avoiding you for your wickedness. You are such a pathetic and a sadist that derive joy in seeing people suffering. May God have mercy on your wretched soul

112 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by Tochi3(m): 7:48am On Oct 29, 2022
Ecos:

Shut up your dirty mouth clueless zombie. I wonder the kind of senseless person you will be in real life. I know for sure that people around you will be avoiding you for your wickedness. You are such a pathetic and a sadist that derive joy in seeing people suffering. May God have mercy on your wretched soul

25 Likes

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by Fkmodhi: 7:50am On Oct 29, 2022
Everybody in this government just deh do as they like.

54 Likes

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by Racoon(m): 7:51am On Oct 29, 2022
shocked See as the CBN, Finance ministry & FG are undermining this nation. Never seen such a government filled with clueless and incompetent confused fellas each running the show @ his/her own whims and caprices.

How can so much chaos and confusion reign supremely in a government with such a sensitive national issue as changing a country's currency is concerned?

18 Likes

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by Naijanascam: 7:52am On Oct 29, 2022
Everybody is claiming to be the Boss.......

Chaii

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by GratefulSoul27(m): 7:53am On Oct 29, 2022
This buhari government is not united at all

Everyone (ministries) trying to be superior of other's

We the good people of Nigeria support the note redesigning oh

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by MyMouth(m): 7:53am On Oct 29, 2022
Buhari or Manman Daura

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by Ecos(m): 7:56am On Oct 29, 2022
If una like, make una vote in another Buhari promax

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by Moh247: 8:00am On Oct 29, 2022
Ecos:

If this is how your mother raised you then I wonder what your father most have gone through with her

The thread is about National currency, you are here seeking attention with childish insults

I hope your family are super proud of you, because you so much represent them

Try to be civilised and discuss intelligently because you are not a babarian or a forest dweller

Tueeh!!

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by tinsel: 8:06am On Oct 29, 2022
Moh247:
cool

And you think it is normal and proper for the chief economic officer of the nation to only know about this through the news media?
This is the reason this government is not doing well. There is no coordination and everybody in the government is trying to out smart each other.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by Ecos(m): 8:12am On Oct 29, 2022
Moh247:

If this is how your mother raised you then I wonder what your father most have gone through with her

The thread is about National currency, you are here seeking attention with childish insults

I hope your family are super proud of you, because you so much represent them

Try to be civilised and discuss intelligently because you are not a babarian or a forest dweller

Tueeh!!
You are a jobless and a senseless criminal
Go and look for what to do with your wretched life instead of receiving generational curse because of 30k tueh

36 Likes

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by Moh247: 8:12am On Oct 29, 2022
tinsel:

And you think it is normal and proper for the chief economic officer of the nation to only know about this through the news media?
This is the reason this government is not doing well. There is no coordination and everybody in the government is trying to out smart each other.

CBN sorted Presidential approval and Buhari duly approved it

Security aspect of the sudden issuance of naira note would be defeated if everyone knows about it in the cabinet

Finance Minister is from Kaduna, part of the reason to introduce the note is to counter insurgency

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by Moh247: 8:12am On Oct 29, 2022
Ecos:

You are a jobless and a senseless criminal t

Nigga rest... Fvck off my mention

Grow up and stop acting like a child

Let intelligent people discuss in peace

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by Ecos(m): 8:15am On Oct 29, 2022
Moh247:

Nigga rest... Fvck off my mention

Grow up and stop acting like a child

Let intelligent people discuss in peace
Mumu
Take this Pampers, one for you and the other for your useless and criminal emilokan bastard

27 Likes

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by inoki247: 8:18am On Oct 29, 2022
lol wahala mayb na Inside Newspaper Buhari sef read am the following day.m.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by jenniferjude613: 8:18am On Oct 29, 2022
Alright
Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by Moh247: 8:21am On Oct 29, 2022
Ecos:

You are a jobless and a senseless criminal
Go and look for what to do with your wretched life instead of receiving generational curse because of 30k tueh

And if am not receiving any 30k from anyone may all the generational curses head to the people responsible to raise you for public decorum but failed and now you are constituting nuisance

Again fvck off my mention stop seeking childish attention

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by Ecos(m): 8:30am On Oct 29, 2022
Moh247:

And if am not receiving any 30k from anyone may all the generational curses head to the people responsible to raise you for public decorum but failed and now you are constituting nuisance

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by Ecos(m): 8:31am On Oct 29, 2022
Moh247:

You and your generations are cursed already that's why you are behaving like a lunatic but you don't know

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by NaijaCowFarm: 8:33am On Oct 29, 2022
Urchins right now

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by edogu(m): 8:49am On Oct 29, 2022
Ecos:

Must you insult him?

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by Ecos(m): 8:53am On Oct 29, 2022
edogu:

Must you insult him?
Shut up and face your front zombie

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by edogu(m): 8:58am On Oct 29, 2022
Ecos:

Shut up and face your front zombie
You are welcome. It's not my fault that Nigeria happened to you. Please could you do me a favour and look for where you can transfer your frustration. I'm not the one behind your predicament.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by Ecos(m): 8:59am On Oct 29, 2022
edogu:

You are welcome. It's not my fault that Nigeria happened to you. Please could you do me a favour and look for where you can transfer your frustration. I'm not the one behind your predicament.
Shut up and face your front goat
Nigeria happened to you and your generation not me. I am more than conqueror

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ade Adefuye Dies (Nigerian Ambassador To U.S) / Sanitary pads, 19 others excluded from VAT hike / Atiku Returns From Vacation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.