Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry (27720 Views)

AFCON: Cameroon FA Rejects Samuel Eto'o Fils' Resignation / Etienne, Samuel Eto'o's Son To Play For Cameroon In FIFA Under-17 World Cup / "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by JayJayShow: 6:50pm On Nov 17, 2023
Etoodinho910:

My friend u sabi ball ooo. Eto'o is without the shadow of a doubt the best one.

Yeah Eto'o was better it was easy to defend him. I loved to watch him back then with Ronaldinho, that was a magic tandem.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by mayor1814: 8:05am On Nov 22, 2023
Etoodinho910:

Knock out grin grin. I would even put Eto'o in my top 3 since Eusebio played an old era. Ronaldo Romario and Eto'o are the greatest centre forwards ever.

If someone had told me this discussion would come up, I will swear that it can never happen. Imagine u saying it confidently that Eto is in d league of Ronaldo de Lima and Romario, nawa. Top 10 ten best strikers of all time composed by all pundits and recognized sport journals all over the world, U WILL NEVER FIND ETO. Rest.

If u had watched prime Henry in arsenal and France, u will know he's miles ahead of Eto. Even if u had watched George Weah in the mid and late 90s, u will know he's also miles ahead of Eto.

2 Likes

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Etoodinho910: 4:12pm On Nov 30, 2023
mayor1814:

If someone had told me this discussion would come up, I will swear that it can never happen. Imagine u saying it confidently that Eto is in d league of Ronaldo de Lima and Romario, nawa. Top 10 ten best strikers of all time composed by all pundits and recognized sport journals all over the world, U WILL NEVER FIND ETO. Rest.

If u had watched prime Henry in arsenal and France, u will know he's miles ahead of Eto. Even if u had watched George Weah in the mid and late 90s, u will know he's also miles ahead of Eto.

Everytime I read your comments, I just want to laugh until never end. I watched them, something even if we don't know ourselves,I'm sure you didn't. And there is not a world they're on Eto'o's level and I gave enough arguments about it. Eto'o is in the league of Ronaldo and Romario according to a lot of Barça's legends and even of their president Joan Laporte cool. Something we can't say about Henry. Your pundits and recognised sport Journals all over the World aren't objective, that's the fact about their job. They rank players just about their celebrity, business and the country they came from. That's the reason you can see people believing Beckham or Henry are better players than Eto'o.

They were sold better, but Eto'o was better. The day you'll give me the criterias behind all those EUROPEAN sport Journals rankings, we'll talk. But in terms of : statistics, clutch goals, level of adaptation, trophies, talent, courage and difficulties they faced, Eto'o is his dad.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by mayor1814: 4:59pm On Nov 30, 2023
Etoodinho910:

Everytime I read your comments, I just want to laugh until never end. I watched them, something even if we don't know ourselves,I'm sure you didn't. And there is not a world they're on Eto'o's level and I gave enough arguments about it. Eto'o is in the league of Ronaldo and Romario according to a lot of Barça's legends and even of their president Joan Laporte cool. Something we can't say about Henry. Your pundits and recognised sport Journals all over the World aren't objective, that's the fact about their job. They rank players just about their celebrity, business and the country they came from. That's the reason you can see people believing Beckham or Henry are better players than Eto'o.

They were sold better, but Eto'o was better. The day you'll give me the criterias behind all those EUROPEAN sport Journals rankings, we'll talk. But in terms of : statistics, clutch goals, level of adaptation, trophies, talent, courage and difficulties they faced, Eto'o is his dad.

I see things clearly. Unbiased lovers of football see things clearly. I will never, I repeat, I will never rate Beckham ahead of eto as the better footballer. Eto no doubt is one of the best strikers we have ever seen but there are at least 8/9 strikers better than him in the history of football. The likes of Pele, Romario, Ronaldo, Thierry Henry, George Weah etc will always be greater than him. Simple.

Clearly u are biased starting from your name so you may not see that clearly.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Etoodinho910: 6:24pm On Nov 30, 2023
mayor1814:

I see things clearly. Unbiased lovers of football see things clearly. I will never, I repeat, I will never rate Beckham ahead of eto as the better footballer. Eto no doubt is one of the best strikers we have ever seen but there are at least 8/9 strikers better than him in the history of football. The likes of Pele, Romario, Ronaldo, Thierry Henry, George Weah etc will always be greater than him. Simple.

Clearly u are biased starting from your name so you may not see that clearly.

Don't amuse me with George Weah and Thierry Henry, they aren't on his level. Unbiased football fans know Eto'o is better, even in France the country of Thierry Henry ppl know Eto'o is and was always better than Henry. Make a difference between a hyped player and an amazing player. Eto'o was on Romario and Ronaldo's tiers, with the hype less. How dare you compare Henry to him ? I don't want to disrespect Henry but he wasn't as impactful as Eto'o was. Only PL merchant fans all over the world can tell something like that, it would be different in countries ppl don't speak english coz they weren't full of PL.

Henry had his face on PlayStation games, in advertisments, his actions were decrypted, had a big mediactic machine behind him. That's the reason ppl compare him to Eto'o Mr Cameroon, Mr Barcelona, Mr Inter Milan.

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by mayor1814: 10:04pm On Nov 30, 2023
Etoodinho910:

Don't amuse me with George Weah and Thierry Henry, they aren't on his level. Unbiased football fans know Eto'o is better, even in France the country of Thierry Henry ppl know Eto'o is and was always better than Henry. Make a difference between a hyped player and an amazing player. Eto'o was on Romario and Ronaldo's tiers, with the hype less. How dare you compare Henry to him ? I don't want to disrespect Henry but he wasn't as impactful as Eto'o was. Only PL merchant fans all over the world can tell something like that, it would be different in countries ppl don't speak english coz they weren't full of PL.

Henry had his face on PlayStation games, in advertisments, his actions were decrypted, had a big mediactic machine behind him. That's the reason ppl compare him to Eto'o Mr Cameroon, Mr Barcelona, Mr Inter Milan.

So Pele , Romario, Ronaldo de Lima speak English or played in English league? Baba this ur eto agenda is not gending... Like I told u earlier, u are 100 per cent in body n soul for eto. To u eto can do no wrong. U can even say eto is the best player of all time or he's better than messi. That is the way u portray urself already and u are not even seeing it.

Learn to root out emotion wen watching football. It will only block u from seeing and saying the fact. If u remove emotion or too much attachment to a particular player or team in football, I bet u, u will enjoy watching football better. U will see things from a general and realistic angle not just your own sentimental angle.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Etoodinho910: 12:19am On Dec 01, 2023
mayor1814:

So Pele , Romario, Ronaldo de Lima speak English or played in English league? Baba this ur eto agenda is not gending... Like I told u earlier, u are 100 per cent in body n soul for eto. To u eto can do no wrong. U can even say eto is the best player of all time or he's better than messi. That is the way u portray urself already and u are not even seeing it.

Learn to root out emotion wen watching football. It will only block u from seeing and saying the fact. If u remove emotion or too much attachment to a particular player or team in football, I bet u, u will enjoy watching football better. U will see things from a general and realistic angle not just your own sentimental angle.

And you, if you begin by stopping giving lessons to others when you don't know what you're talking about. Eto'o said something and he's 100% right. He said Henry isn't on his level but they sell him better because he played for France and also in the french league, which is true. Henry was a bigger superstar than Eto'o, his sponsors and medias worked very well because we could see him everywhere. But when it came to what happens to the stadium Eto'o was his dad as I told you no matter what you or your sport Journals need to sell :
- who has better stats ? Like who scored more and the goals per game ?
- who has better stats in their respective prime ? Like who has the better goals per game between Arsenal's Henry vs Barcelona's Eto'o ?
- who was the better big games player ? I'm talking about the clutcher striker.
- who played in the best league in the world in his prime according to the UEFA coefficient ?
- who showed the better level of adaptation in different teams and leagues ?
- who became the main man for goals in the best team in the world surrounded by stars ?
- who benched Henry then threw him on the side with Barcelona despite 2 different coaches ?
- who said in 2008 : " Eto'o is really better than me " ?

On the other hand what does Henry have to offer against those arguments out of emotions ? And Weah ? Now do you realise how superior Eto'o is when we take in count those arguments ? Do you realise why Henry isn't on his level ? Do you realise Eto'o with hype would be agreed with NO DISCUSSION on R9 tiers ?
Don't tell nonsense again because I'll post old Barça's games here to open your eyes because it looks like you don't even know his game and qualities, and it's on that point that the medias own you because they can make you think Eto'o was a Haaland while his game was full of speed, mobilty to bring solutions, technique, tiki taka, killer instinct, amazing workrate, versatility and clutch. He shared passion and dream but you compare him to Thierry Henry, serious ? Do you imagine how good Eto'o would be in that Arsenal team with him as the king the way Henry was ? Now you can rest.

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by mayor1814: 7:42am On Dec 01, 2023
Etoodinho910:

And you, if you begin by stopping giving lessons to others when you don't know what you're talking about. Eto'o said something and he's 100% right. He said Henry isn't on his level but they sell him better because he played for France and also in the french league, which is true. Henry was a bigger superstar than Eto'o, his sponsors and medias worked very well because we could see him everywhere. But when it came to what happens to the stadium Eto'o was his dad as I told you no matter what you or your sport Journals need to sell :
- who has better stats ? Like who scored more and the goals per game ?
- who has better stats in their respective prime ? Like who has the better goals per game between Arsenal's Henry vs Barcelona's Eto'o ?
- who was the better big games player ? I'm talking about the clutcher striker.
- who played in the best league in the world in his prime according to the UEFA coefficient ?
- who showed the better level of adaptation in different teams and leagues ?
- who became the main man for goals in the best team in the world surrounded by stars ?
- who benched Henry then threw him on the side with Barcelona despite 2 different coaches ?
- who said in 2008 : " Eto'o is really better than me " ?

On the other hand what does Henry have to offer against those arguments out of emotions ? And Weah ? Now do you realise how superior Eto'o is when we take in count those arguments ? Do you realise why Henry isn't on his level ? Do you realise Eto'o with hype would be agreed with NO DISCUSSION on R9 tiers ?
Don't tell nonsense again because I'll post old Barça's games here to open your eyes because it looks like you don't even know his game and qualities, and it's on that point that the medias own you because they can make you think Eto'o was a Haaland while his game was full of speed, mobilty to bring solutions, technique, tiki taka, killer instinct, amazing workrate, versatility and clutch. He shared passion and dream but you compare him to Thierry Henry, serious ? Do you imagine how good Eto'o would be in that Arsenal team with him as the king the way Henry was ? Now you can rest.

U don't even know what u are saying, u once said eto is better than R9 that was wen I know emotions have blocked u from seeing facts. U talking of eto impressive goal record as against Henry, Does Pele and maradona have the same impressive goal record as cristiano, does that make cristiano greater than Pele and maradona? Ogbeni just agree u are 100 percent for eto. U can't see things from other realistic angle.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Etoodinho910: 8:29am On Dec 01, 2023
mayor1814:

U don't even know what u are saying, u once said eto is better than R9 that was wen I know emotions have blocked u from seeing facts. U talking of eto impressive goal record as against Henry, Does Pele and maradona have the same impressive goal record as cristiano, does that make cristiano greater than Pele and maradona? Ogbeni just agree u are 100 percent for eto. U can't see things from other realistic angle.

Just quote the post I said Eto'o is better than R9 just to laugh a little bit. I gave clear arguments, you're the one looking for solutions to defend Henry, not me since my arguments can be check by anybody.
And about your comparison of Maradona, Pelé and Cristiano, sorry to bring you back on earth but Pelé has better goals records than both Cristiano and Maradona. And Maradona can be considered better than CR7 because he played in a different era of football with different stats standards, won major trophies in difficult contexts and was extremely talented but it doesn't change the fact Cristiano also has his arguments.

On the debate Henry vs Eto'o, the frenchman only has hype for himself.

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by mayor1814: 9:16am On Dec 01, 2023
Etoodinho910:

OMG what is he saying ? I'm giving you an information, not a feeling. [b]Eto'o is the best 9 ever in Barça history[b][/b]l ELECTE[/b]D BY THE SOCIOS if you didn't know and approved by Barça legends as Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Ronaldinho, Piqué, Guardiola etc... You should be completely damaged to deny that reality because he has no opponent in Barça modern era, his only opponent being Kubala who played in a different era of football.

Eto'o with Barça :
199 games
130 goals
2 × La Liga golden boots
Bronze award in FIFA World Best player
1 × UEFA forward of the year
2 UEFA team of the year
2 FIFA/FIFPRO World XI
3 La Liga trophies
2 UCL trophies
2 goals in 2 UCL finals

During his Barça days, he was the main man when it came to goals, nobody came close to his goals contribution to the team although he shared the attack line 1st with Ronaldinho and Giuly (or Larsson), then with Henry and Messi.

I hope u now remember wen u said eto is d best 9 in Barca history. A team that has legends like Ronaldo de Lima, romario etc in their history... Just dey play
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Etoodinho910: 9:36am On Dec 01, 2023
mayor1814:

I hope u now remember wen u said eto is d best 9 in Barca history. A team that has legends like Ronaldo de Lima, romario etc in their history... Just dey play

And I repeat, Eto'o is the best 9 in Barca history. I don't know if you're joking or something but it looks like you just want to humiliate yourself on internet.
Who is the best 9 of Real Madrid between R9 and Benzema or Raùl ?? Will you answer R9 ? That's the way we find out somebody who didn't watch football but just grew up with superstars.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by mayor1814: 9:40am On Dec 01, 2023
Etoodinho910:

And I repeat, Eto'o is the best 9 in Barca history. I don't know if you're joking or something but it looks like you just want to humiliate yourself on internet.
Who is the best 9 of Real Madrid between R9 and Benzema or Raùl ?? Will you answer R9 ? That's the way we find out somebody who didn't watch football but just grew up with superstars.

U are d one embarrassing urself. Saying eto is the best 9 in Barca history... Continue... The same socios u referring to will not even put ur beloved eto in the top 50 greatest and best players of all time... Just dey disgrace urself for public space...

Meanwhile Ronaldo de Lima is easily put in top 8 or 7 greatest ever. They will even rate romario before talking of eto.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Etoodinho910: 11:38am On Dec 01, 2023
mayor1814:

U are d one embarrassing urself. Saying eto is the best 9 in Barca history... Continue... The same socios u referring to will not even put ur beloved eto in the top 50 greatest and best players of all time... Just dey disgrace urself for public space...

Meanwhile Ronaldo de Lima is easily put in top 8 or 7 greatest ever. They will even rate romario before talking of eto.

Is this guy reading himself ? Who are you to say what will the socios think ? Eto'o is the best 9 of Barça history far in front Romario and Romario, full stop. And you didn't answer the question about Raul, Benzema and R9 concerning Madrid cuz you realised how sad your answers are.
In PSG who is the better player : Ronaldinho or Ibrahimovic ?? Answer Ronaldinho just to make everybody notice you don't know football wink. Who are you to debate about something the socios, the president, the legends of FC Barcelona agree on ? Did you watch better FC Barcelona or do you know better that clubs history than them ? You just imagine illusions, those who watched Eto'o put him amongst the best of the best : top 20 all times.

And once again I don't care about european sports journals, I'll take in count when Africa will get their own influent journals because that's the way this business works. Ask the opinion of those who played with Eto'o, those who coached him or his presidents.

If somebody says R9 and Romario arebetter than Eto'o, I can understand because they are on the same tier, not Henry.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by mayor1814: 2:21pm On Dec 01, 2023
Etoodinho910:

Is this guy reading himself ? Who are you to say what will the socios think ? Eto'o is the best 9 of Barça history far in front Romario and Romario, full stop. And you didn't answer the question about Raul, Benzema and R9 concerning Madrid cuz you realised how sad your answers are.
In PSG who is the better player : Ronaldinho or Ibrahimovic ?? Answer Ronaldinho just to make everybody notice you don't know football wink. Who are you to debate about something the socios, the president, the legends of FC Barcelona agree on ? Did you watch better FC Barcelona or do you know better that clubs history than them ? You just imagine illusions, those who watched Eto'o put him amongst the best of the best : top 20 all times.

And once again I don't care about european sports journals, I'll take in count when Africa will get their own influent journals because that's the way this business works. Ask the opinion of those who played with Eto'o, those who coached him or his presidents.

If somebody says R9 and Romario arebetter than Eto'o, I can understand because they are on the same tier, not Henry.

U just disturbing urself with jargons ogbeni. U are a fanatical eto stan. I understand. So all these ur defence of eto is expected. But it's a pity that u have lost touch with reality. Result of being a fanatical fan of a player.

I repeat. Ronaldo de Lima, George weah, romario and Thierry Henry will always be better and greater than eto. U claim ur beloved eto will be rated as top 20 best players of all time. Pls share d list here.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Etoodinho910: 2:41pm On Dec 01, 2023
mayor1814:

U just disturbing urself with jargons ogbeni. U are a fanatical eto stan. I understand. So all these ur defence of eto is expected. But it's a pity that u have lost touch with reality. Result of being a fanatical fan of a player.

I repeat. Ronaldo de Lima, George weah, romario and Thierry Henry will always be better and greater than eto. U claim ur beloved eto will be rated as top 20 best players of all time. Pls share d list here.

What is he talking about ? I showed like 1+1=2 that Eto'o is ahead Henry and Weah, no time for repeating myself and I don't need any european sport Journals (even there Eto'o is always ranked ahead Weah shocked) to know it since I watch football for a longtime now. Did Weah ever manage to score 15+ goals in a european league ? Did Weah score goals in the highest stage as Eto'o did ? What about his longevity ? No AFCON, no champions league, no World cup participation, scored poor amount of goals in Europe, there is nothing he does Eto'o couldn't. So stop embarassing yourself because nobody would have this debate if in 1995 they didn't allow africans to win ballon d'or. He isn't on Etoo's level.

And I say, yes Eto'o is top 20 all times because he's Mr Cameroon, Mr Barcelona and Mr Inter Milan. Bring concrete arguments to deny it, otherwise just go shamefully.

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by JayJayShow: 2:51pm On Dec 01, 2023
mayor1814:

Weah is overrated. In terms of talent both are very good but Eto'o accomplished more for his teams. He's considered as a legend everywhere he played and was litually the main man of FC Barcelona because for every win it was always Eto'o goal goal goal. Personally I also put him above Henry because he was more beautiful to watch, better goalscorer and clutcher. U can't say Henry is better knowing Eto'o benched him and made him lose a champions league final.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by mayor1814: 3:23pm On Dec 01, 2023
Etoodinho910:

What is he talking about ? I showed like 1+1=2 that Eto'o is ahead Henry and Weah, no time for repeating myself and I don't need any european sport Journals (even there Eto'o is always ranked ahead Weah shocked) to know it since I watch football for a longtime now. Did Weah ever manage to score 15+ goals in a european league ? Did Weah score goals in the highest stage as Eto'o did ? What about his longevity ? No AFCON, no champions league, no World cup participation, scored poor amount of goals in Europe, there is nothing he does Eto'o couldn't. So stop embarassing yourself because nobody would have this debate if in 1995 they didn't allow africans to win ballon d'or. He isn't on Etoo's level.

And I say, yes Eto'o is top 20 all times because he's Mr Cameroon, Mr Barcelona and Mr Inter Milan. Bring concrete arguments to deny it, otherwise just go shamefully.

Ogbeni show list. At least all sport journals list cannot be biased. If u are a soccer pundits in the midst of like 30 or 40 pundits or soccer analysts, they will push u out if u are bent on d eto agenda. In fact your defence of eto will not even have any weight. Even top 50 greatest footballers list sef, who dash am.

George Weah wasn't fortunate to have a star studded team like Cameroon. But his individual display shone brightly and we all saw it clearly. Weah won world best, European best, and African best. Where is eto Europe best? Where is eto world best?

Are u even joking or what. U can't be serious with this defense lawyer work u are doing for eto. Don't deceive urself by saying R9 and eto are in d same tier. Coz Henry and George Weah will always be greater than ur beloved eto. Nawaoh, nothing we no go see for nairaland sha
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by mayor1814: 3:29pm On Dec 01, 2023
JayJayShow:

Weah is overrated. In terms of talent both are very good but Eto'o accomplished more for his teams. He's considered as a legend everywhere he played and was litually the main man of FC Barcelona because for every win it was always Eto'o goal goal goal. Personally I also put him above Henry because he was more beautiful to watch, better goalscorer and clutcher. U can't say Henry is better knowing Eto'o benched him and made him lose a champions league final.

George weah overrated ke? Baba find anoda thing to say. Ur point don miss road. And e no fit find road again. Na bush straight. Otilo. How will someone say a great player in d mold of George weah is overrated. Ur eto that u are fantasizing on didn't win any world best oo, even European best sef... Abeg stop disgracing urself in public. Research Wella before u come online
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Etoodinho910: 4:01pm On Dec 01, 2023
mayor1814:

Ogbeni show list. At least all sport journals list cannot be biased. If u are a soccer pundits in the midst of like 30 or 40 pundits or soccer analysts, they will push u out if u are bent on d eto agenda. In fact your defence of eto will not even have any weight. Even top 50 greatest footballers list sef, who dash am.

George Weah wasn't fortunate to have a star studded team like Cameroon. But his individual display shone brightly and we all saw it clearly. Weah won world best, European best, and African best. Where is eto Europe best? Where is eto world best?

Are u even joking or what. U can't be serious with this defense lawyer work u are doing for eto. Don't deceive urself by saying R9 and eto are in d same tier. Coz Henry and George Weah will always be greater than ur beloved eto. Nawaoh, nothing we no go see for nairaland sha

Show list shocked shocked ? Abeg u no sabi ball. Don't need to waste my time with a kid who doesn't know sport Journals follow an editorial line.

George Weah wasn't fortunate to have a star dudded team like Cameroon u say... He was also unfortunate to play in Europe with club like PSG, Milan, OM and Chelsea that's why he never reached a champions league final abi ? 3 champions league medals for Mr Samuel Eto'o. Weah won world best, european best and african best but he never reached 15 league goals throughout his carreer, never scored in the highest stage, never won a major trophy like AFCON or champions league, never played a World cup, we don't even know what he won the year he was ballon d'or. Don't compare him to Mr Samuel Eto'o it isn't his level. It just looks like he should thank Berlusconi and France for giving him a ballon d'or, thanks to the context because he won it the 1st year they opened it to other nationalities. Eto'o gave trophies to his teams, not Weah. That's the difference because one needed elections to get trophies while the other scored and won trophies which didn't need election.

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by JayJayShow: 4:19pm On Dec 01, 2023
mayor1814:

George weah overrated ke? Baba find anoda thing to say. Ur point don miss road. And e no fit find road again. Na bush straight. Otilo. How will someone say a great player in d mold of George weah is overrated. Ur eto that u are fantasizing on didn't win any world best oo, even European best sef... Abeg stop disgracing urself in public. Research Wella before u come online

Weah is overrated and his ballon d'or isn't that significative because it was political. Do you know a great striker in Europe with as poor stats than Weah and that never won champions league ? Even in his generation his stats weren't good compared to the other top strikers. Eto'o was even a better option for some seasons than Weah was in 95 for the World best. Maradona, Iniesta, Pelé, Eto'o, Maldini etc have no ballon d'or but they're all above Weah because they represent their teams.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by JayJayShow: 4:44pm On Dec 01, 2023
mayor1814:

Weah's records in Serie A with AC Milan as a Striker :
- 95/96 : 26 games - 11 goals
- 96/97 : 28 games - 13 goals
- 97/98 : 24 games - 10 goals
- 98/99 : 26 games - 8 goals
- 99/00 : 10 games - 4 goals

Weah in the french league
- 88/89 : 23 games - 14 goals
- 89/90 : 17 games - 5 goals
- 90/91 : 29 games - 10 goals
- 91/92 : 34 games - 18 goals
- 92/93 : 30 games - 14 goals
- 93/94 : 32 games - 11 goals
- 94/95 : 34 games - 7 goals (the year he won the World best)

He was very good but not awesome, he wasn't as prolific as the other strikers. Eto'o was by far better. His fans and liberians want to overrate him for his world best but he won it for political reasons : europeans wanted to give it to a stranger and Weah earned the support of Berlusconi and France medias to make his promotion. That's how he won his ballon d'or but he didn't win the World cup nor the league or champions league, he didn't score 100+ goals as delusionals want to sell... No he simply scored 7 league goals, did a great champions league campaign with PSG until semi finals, transfer to AC Milan and it was OK. Weah didn't do like Benzema who won the League and champions league for his team, he didn't do like Modriç nor Kaka, it was one of those opened ballon d'or decided by politics. Eto'o was one of those players who won the greatest trophies for his teams, Weah was great but not that great.

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by AutosAbuja: 5:23pm On Dec 01, 2023
What kind of stupid argument is this? How can anyone open their mouth, without vested interests, and proclaim Henry a better player than Eto'o.
Eto'o played for the best club in the best league at the time, while the serial choker was playing in a third-rated league, the premiership.
If Henry was half as good as Eto'o, Madrid would have snapped him up during the galacticos era.
After the original Ronaldo, there hasn't been a better striker than the Lion of Africa himself.

JayJayShow and Etoodinho910, thanks for the facts jare.

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by JayJayShow: 5:58pm On Dec 01, 2023
AutosAbuja:
What kind of stupid argument is this? How can anyone open their mouth, without vested interests, and proclaim Henry a better player than Eto'o.
Eto'o played for the best club in the best league at the time, while the serial choker was playing in a third-rated league, the premiership.
If Henry was half as good as Eto'o, Madrid would have snapped him up during the galacticos era.
After the original Ronaldo, there hasn't been a better striker than the Lion of Africa himself.

JayJayShow and Etoodinho910, thanks for the facts jare.

It was obvious bro. I don't know where the other guy wants to bring us, he's on his own planet.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by mayor1814: 6:10pm On Dec 01, 2023
JayJayShow:

Weah's records in Serie A with AC Milan as a Striker :
- 95/96 : 26 games - 11 goals
- 96/97 : 28 games - 13 goals
- 97/98 : 24 games - 10 goals
- 98/99 : 26 games - 8 goals
- 99/00 : 10 games - 4 goals

Weah in the french league
- 88/89 : 23 games - 14 goals
- 89/90 : 17 games - 5 goals
- 90/91 : 29 games - 10 goals
- 91/92 : 34 games - 18 goals
- 92/93 : 30 games - 14 goals
- 93/94 : 32 games - 11 goals
- 94/95 : 34 games - 7 goals (the year he won the World best)

He was very good but not awesome, he wasn't as prolific as the other strikers. Eto'o was by far better. His fans and liberians want to overrate him for his world best but he won it for political reasons : europeans wanted to give it to a stranger and Weah earned the support of Berlusconi and France medias to make his promotion. That's how he won his ballon d'or but he didn't win the World cup nor the league or champions league, he didn't score 100+ goals as delusionals want to sell... No he simply scored 7 league goals, did a great champions league campaign with PSG until semi finals, transfer to AC Milan and it was OK. Weah didn't do like Benzema who won the League and champions league for his team, he didn't do like Modriç nor Kaka, it was one of those opened ballon d'or decided by politics. Eto'o was one of those players who won the greatest trophies for his teams, Weah was great but not that great.

U were there wen the politics was going on. U could have stopped them from giving weah na. Or more so u could have shouted to d world with evidence that politics is going on. U kids will just type anything on nairaland. As if George weah didn't even sweat or play anything before being awarded with world best n europe best.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by mayor1814: 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2023
Etoodinho910:

Show list shocked shocked ? Abeg u no sabi ball. Don't need to waste my time with a kid who doesn't know sport Journals follow an editorial line.

George Weah wasn't fortunate to have a star dudded team like Cameroon u say... He was also unfortunate to play in Europe with club like PSG, Milan, OM and Chelsea that's why he never reached a champions league final abi ? 3 champions league medals for Mr Samuel Eto'o. Weah won world best, european best and african best but he never reached 15 league goals throughout his carreer, never scored in the highest stage, never won a major trophy like AFCON or champions league, never played a World cup, we don't even know what he won the year he was ballon d'or. Don't compare him to Mr Samuel Eto'o it isn't his level. It just looks like he should thank Berlusconi and France for giving him a ballon d'or, thanks to the context because he won it the 1st year they opened it to other nationalities. Eto'o gave trophies to his teams, not Weah. That's the difference because one needed elections to get trophies while the other scored and won trophies which didn't need election.

Clearly u are a kid. U didn't watch George weah play. U relied on stats and YouTube highlights. U were fully aware wen eto came to d scene. Good for u. Those of us who watched prime George weah know better. I don't even remember the season eto was the number 1 man for barca. The top men had always been Ronaldo de Lima , Ronaldinho and later messi.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Etoodinho910: 11:32pm On Dec 01, 2023
mayor1814:

Clearly u are a kid. U didn't watch George weah play. U relied on stats and YouTube highlights. U were fully aware wen eto came to d scene. Good for u. Those of us who watched prime George weah know better. I don't even remember the season eto was the number 1 man for barca. The top men had always been Ronaldo de Lima , Ronaldinho and later messi.

For once you're honest. You really can't remember a season Eto'o was the number 1 man for Barça because you weren't a Barça fan, you're not a La Liga's fan too. You just rely on what the medias, sport journals, advertisments and video games show. Otherwise you'd know Eto'o has always been the main man for goals season after season and he delivered in big games too. He was for a lot of seasons Barça's main man in terms of goals + assists too, but u can't know it.

In 2006, the REAL BARÇA FANS and football lovers know he was the main man of FC Barcelona. Something even the president, the coach, the supporters and the players agreed on back then but since in your world you don't have those informations you tell bullshits. A real football fan can see when a player is underrated because he watches games and check informations and results. A footix will ask you to go and read sports journals.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by mayor1814: 1:04am On Dec 02, 2023
Etoodinho910:

For once you're honest. You really can't remember a season Eto'o was the number 1 man for Barça because you weren't a Barça fan, you're not a La Liga's fan too. You just rely on what the medias, sport journals, advertisments and video games show. Otherwise you'd know Eto'o has always been the main man for goals season after season and he delivered in big games too. He was for a lot of seasons Barça's main man in terms of goals + assists too, but u can't know it.

In 2006, the REAL BARÇA FANS and football lovers know he was the main man of FC Barcelona. Something even the president, the coach, the supporters and the players agreed on back then but since in your world you don't have those informations you tell bullshits. A real football fan can see when a player is underrated because he watches games and check informations and results. A footix will ask you to go and read sports journals.

Exactly. U are a Barca fan and u are a eto'o fan. U are d one that brought out d issue of socio and all dat. And that is y I reminded u of the fact that eto can never be regarded as one of the top 50 greatest players of all time. I know u go don search tire u no go see.

So back to d issue. U are d one yarning bullshit saying eto is better than Ronaldo de Lima, Henry, weah, better than this and that. The 2006 u are talking about, we will name Ronaldinho, deco and puyol as the main men for barca before naming eto.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Etoodinho910: 7:46am On Dec 02, 2023
mayor1814:

Exactly. U are a Barca fan and u are a eto'o fan. U are d one that brought out d issue of socio and all dat. And that is y I reminded u of the fact that eto can never be regarded as one of the top 50 greatest players of all time. I know u go don search tire u no go see.

So back to d issue. U are d one yarning bullshit saying eto is better than Ronaldo de Lima, Henry, weah, better than this and that. The 2006 u are talking about, we will name Ronaldinho, deco and puyol as the main men for barca before naming eto.

Honnestly I don't think you're normal.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by mayor1814: 9:35am On Dec 02, 2023
Etoodinho910:

Honnestly I don't think you're normal.

U are d one that is dysfunctional. Coz how will a normal person say eto is the best 9 in Barca history? Ur fave Eto sef no normal coz How will a normal person say anelka is better than Henry? How will a normal person say Eto is better than Henry? U need to check urself.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by mayor1814: 9:38am On Dec 02, 2023
I still repeat. 20 or 30 greatest players of all time, Eto will never be in such a discussion. Who dash am sef.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Etoodinho910: 11:35am On Dec 02, 2023
mayor1814:

U are d one that is dysfunctional. Coz how will a normal person say eto is the best 9 in Barca history? Ur fave Eto sef no normal coz How will a normal person say anelka is better than Henry? How will a normal person say Eto is better than Henry? U need to check urself.

It seems u're not reading you're the only one in your illusion even on this forum it's sad.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by mayor1814: 2:30pm On Dec 02, 2023
Etoodinho910:

It seems u're not reading you're the only one in your illusion even on this forum it's sad.

U and ur fave Eto are living in d illusion of fantasizing on fiction. Ur fave said Anelka is better than Henry. Rubbish talk of d century. U also follow suit in imitation of ur fave saying things that are shocking just like ur fave.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics / Mikel Obi And His Family All Smiles / Our Tactics Made Life Difficult For South Africa, Says Nigeria Coach Rohr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.