Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry (27640 Views)

AFCON: Cameroon FA Rejects Samuel Eto'o Fils' Resignation / Etienne, Samuel Eto'o's Son To Play For Cameroon In FIFA Under-17 World Cup / "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Kollabo419: 10:47am On Oct 29, 2022
Nna mehn

See this 419

Every noisemaker talking trash rest IJN joor
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by yemmit90: 10:47am On Oct 29, 2022
What kind of useless talk from Etoo is that.

Henry is far better than him, let alone Anelka.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by hopefulLandlord: 10:47am On Oct 29, 2022
OJEEMAH:
Aswear

After playing as top 9 with some of the best at club level, Eto no touch one European Golden Boot.

In Spain, how many Pinchichi/La liga top scorer him win?

What of La liga Player of the Year?

During Arsenal unbeaten in 2003/2004, Henry topped goals and assists chart.

Henry voted PFA Player of the Year twice
Premier League Top Scorer 4 good times
Twice nominated for FIFA World Best

And him get mind say Henry no dey him level

Well, he’s right cos Henry is bigger and better

lie!

Henry had 6 assists during 2003/04 unbeaten season. he was number 14 on the list. I'm pretty certain many of what you typed too would be wrong if I fact check them all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by SaLongs1(m): 10:47am On Oct 29, 2022
OJEEMAH:
Cameroon mind grin grin

I can’t imagine how big Eto think of himself for him to even say, Henry is not on his level.

One day e fit even say Aubameyang better pass Henry
so for your mind Thierry pass Etoo abi.....

4 Likes

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by tuzle(m): 10:48am On Oct 29, 2022
ThierryJay:

Henry was better than Eto'o hands down. Even that same Fenomeno did not win UCL or score in its final yet he is better than Eto.

Henry was nominated for World player & Ballon dor final 3 times and came second twice and third once. Eto was only nominated once and he came third.

Henry won:
-World cup
-Euro 2000,
-Fifa confederations Cup (where he scored against Eto's Cameroon in final and won player of tournament)
-UCL - Eto may have scored in that final but Henry was instrumental in that UCL campaign as well with 4 knockout goals.
-Henry dragged an average Arsenal side to UCL final with several scintillating displays.
-Henry's 2006 world cup campaign to the final is also notable for great performances against Brazil and Portugal.

On a personal attribute level, Henry was faster, more skillful, could pass the ball better, could score free kicks regularly, assisted more than Eto. Both have similar goal sense.

And Suarez, Lewandowski & Shevchenko are better than Eto'o. Rooney and Aguero are on his same level.

Note that Henry's prime was 2000 - 2006 while Eto's prime was 2004 - 2010. By the time Henry was playing with Eto in Barca he was already winding down his career. At Henry's prime he was generally considered arguably to be the worlds best striker vs Fenomeno.
I agree with everything u said except the average arsenal side. Do u know Henry played with one of the best arsenal teams ever. A team that had viera, Gilberto, pores, bergkham, Campbell and many more.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Tobest94: 10:48am On Oct 29, 2022
OJEEMAH:
You wan go that route?

Henry na Euros and World Cup winner
2 times UCL winner too

How is Eto better?

Any European Golden Boot?
How many La liga top scorer?
How many nomination for FIFA Best him get?
No mind the guy, e no sabi football
Champions league na team achievement not individual……anybody fit win UCL

Pedro don win WC, Euros, UCL, La liga, EPL and other trophies…. Does that mean he’s better than Ibrahimovic?

Interms of trophies, Henry is better sef…. So Wetin u dey yan?
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Goldmyner: 10:49am On Oct 29, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by omonnakoda: 10:49am On Oct 29, 2022
BannedLarge:

Henry better than Etoo you just be smoking ijebu garri. Do you realize that Etoo is a 3 time champions league winner and scored at 2 finals?? Infact, it’s only Fenomeno that was better than etoo in the last 30 years
Whether he is better or not has nothing to do with being champions league winner or scoring in finals that is totally irrelevant. Players do not win Champions leagues clubs do.
Mikel Obi, Kanu and Finidi George won Champions league does that make them the best Nigerian players? by that logic they are better than Henry too
They are also better that the Original
Ronaldo de Lima( yes he never won Champions league)
Patrick Vieira
Gabriel Batistuta
Pavel Nedved
Dennis Bergkamp
Ruud Van Nielsteroy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 29, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:50am On Oct 29, 2022
Anelka career improvement rate was at a constant pace right from when he left arsenal.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by SaLongs1(m): 10:50am On Oct 29, 2022
yemmit90:
What kind of useless talk from Etoo is that.

Henry is far better than him, let alone Anelka.
That is not true.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Tolexander: 10:52am On Oct 29, 2022
OJEEMAH:
You wan go that route?

Henry na Euros and World Cup winner
[b]2 times UCL winner too[/s]

How is Eto better?

Any European Golden Boot?
How many La liga top scorer?
How many nomination for FIFA Best him get?

Champions league na team achievement not individual……anybody fit win UCL

Pedro don win WC, Euros, UCL, La liga, EPL and other trophies…. Does that mean he’s better than Ibrahimovic?

Interms of trophies, Henry is better sef…. So Wetin u dey yan?
Henry won 1 UCL
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Badgers14: 10:52am On Oct 29, 2022
Spaxon:
My own is how Buhari left this Country on Auto Pilot and went to South Korea a week ahead of an Event.

An Event that does not even concern him.

Not even a 40mins Chopper Ride to visit flood Victims in Kogi.

But Could afford a 15 hour plane ride to Korea.

Tueeh

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by voltron14: 10:52am On Oct 29, 2022
I like all three of them but Etoo was on some Cameroonian pepper thing.

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Sucre6: 10:53am On Oct 29, 2022
Etoo must be high on some cow dunk while granting this interview grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Zane2point4(m): 10:54am On Oct 29, 2022
ThierryJay:

Henry was better than Eto'o hands down. Even that same Fenomeno did not win UCL or score in its final yet he is better than Eto.

Henry was nominated for World player & Ballon dor final 3 times and came second twice and third once. Eto was only nominated once and he came third.

Henry won:
-World cup
-Euro 2000,
-Fifa confederations Cup (where he scored against Eto's Cameroon in final and won player of tournament)
-UCL - Eto may have scored in that final but Henry was instrumental in that UCL campaign as well with 4 knockout goals.
-Henry dragged an average Arsenal side to UCL final with several scintillating displays.
-Henry's 2006 world cup campaign to the final is also notable for great performances against Brazil and Portugal.

On a personal attribute level, Henry was faster, more skillful, could pass the ball better, could score free kicks regularly, assisted more than Eto. Both have similar goal sense.

And Suarez, Lewandowski & Shevchenko are better than Eto'o. Rooney and Aguero are on his same level.

Note that Henry's prime was 2000 - 2006 while Eto's prime was 2004 - 2010. By the time Henry was playing with Eto in Barca he was already winding down his career. At Henry's prime he was generally considered arguably to be the worlds best striker vs Fenomeno.

U sabbi football baba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by kenex4ever(m): 10:54am On Oct 29, 2022
BannedLarge:

Henry better than Etoo you just be smoking ijebu garri. Do you realize that Etoo is a 3 time champions league winner and scored at 2 finals?? Infact, it’s only Fenomeno that was better than etoo in the last 30 years
Eto is below Henry level, even though I am an Eto fan.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Lazenby007(m): 10:56am On Oct 29, 2022
Arsenal vs Barcelona
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by OLamylove: 10:57am On Oct 29, 2022
Eto be careful
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by tuzle(m): 10:57am On Oct 29, 2022
If u browse top 20 striker ever Henry will surely be there but I don't know about eto or anelka. Every even won the best epl player of the 20th century. He won the golden boot in epl for like 5 seasons. France highest goal scorer ever(anelka plays for this same France)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Gkay1(m): 10:58am On Oct 29, 2022
Something is wrong with etoo, Henry is better than etoo and anelka

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by yomi531(m): 10:59am On Oct 29, 2022
OJEEMAH:
In a leaked video, Samuel Eto'o was heard claiming that Nicolas Anelka was a better player than fellow Frenchman Thierry Henry.

WHAT HAPPENED? When Eto'o opens his mouth nowadays, controversy is never too far away. In his latest take, which surfaced via a leaked video posted by Footballogue, the ex-Cameroon captain compared two of French football's most well-known strikers.

WHAT HE SAID: "I think Thierry Henry was not at the level of Anelka," he controversially claimed. "Titi was good, but I knew players... I preferred other players. In any case at my level, no."

THE BIGGER PICTURE: Eto'o rarely featured during his time at Real Madrid with Anelka, spending the majority of his spell out on loan at the turn of the century. Comparatively, he spent two seasons playing alongside Henry at Barcelona.

WHAT NEXT FOR ETO'O? Given his long list of headline-grabbing comments, it surely won't be long before he steals the limelight with another interesting opinion. It will be interesting to see whether Henry or Anelka respond to the leaked video.

https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/eto-o-anelka-better-thierry-henry-claims-arsenal-legend-not-on-his-level/bltf360d5528792e700

Bomb faya Eto'o for that statement. As a man u fan, I remember how I always try to discredit Henry when me and my guys who were arsenal fans engage in our normal arguements. Deep down, I knew Henry was far better than all the united strikers then( V.Nistelrooy, Forlan, Saha and co). Henry can race the full length of the field with his speed and close control beating defenders b4 scoring. He is not called va va voom for nothing. Modern day strikers ahead of him are not up to 2 sef. Ronaldo delima and maybe van Basten. Thats what pundits will tell but I feel he is the best striker in modern football. Who be Eto'o or drogba for where Henry dey. Not to talk of Anelka. Kai, people funny oo. B4 Una reason am, try to get his tape. Watch it and see spectacular goals. I remember the one he beat like 4-5 Madrid players b4 scoring in 2006 and lots more. He has 2 european golden boots to his name. Players like Zlatan, Eto'o, Shevchenco, V.nistelrooy, Inzaghi and co never won any. Igwe na boss

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Lamasta(m): 11:04am On Oct 29, 2022
Eto'o should stop taking this Cameroon weed its too conc for him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by FireUpNow(m): 11:06am On Oct 29, 2022
Where did Eto'o Phil's got his rotten chocolate rice from before speaking these jargons? Too much Cameroon plantain is worrying him. A whole Va Voom!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by owobokiri(m): 11:06am On Oct 29, 2022
Anyone who thinks that Eto was talking rubbish here NEVER watched Eto at his prime in Spain.

In any event, he has got the right to blow his trumpet. If you don't blow your trumpet on this kind of issues, no one will..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 29, 2022
Thierry Henry Honours and Throphies Won

•Monaco
Division 1: 1996–97

•Arsenal
Premier League: 2001–02, 2003–04
•FA Cup: 2001–02, 2002–03
•FA Community Shield: 2002, 2004UEFA •Champions League runner-up: 2005–06
•UEFA Cup runner-up: 1999–2000

Barcelona
•La Liga: 2008–09, 2009–10
•Copa del Rey: 2008–09
•Supercopa de España: 2009
•UEFA Champions League: 2008–09
•UEFA Super Cup: 2009
•FIFA Club World Cup: 2009

•New York Red Bulls
•Supporters' Shield: 2013

•France
•FIFA World Cup: 1998; runner-up: 2006
•UEFA European Championship: 2000
•FIFA Confederations Cup: 2003

Individual Honours

•Ballon d'Or runner-up: 2003;third place: 2006

•FIFA World Player of the Year – Silver Award:
 2003, 2004

•European Golden Shoe: 2003–04, 2004–05

•Onze d'Or: 2003, 2006

•FIFA World Cup All-Star Team: Germany 2006

•FIFA Confederations Cup Golden Ball: France 2003

•FIFA Confederations Cup Golden Shoe: France 2003

•UNFP Division 1 Young Player of the Year: 
1996–97

•PFA Players' Player of the Year: 2002–03, 2003–04

•PFA Team of the Year: 2000–01 Premier League, 2001–02 Premier League, 2002–03 Premier League, 2003–04 Premier League, 2004–05 Premier League, 2005–06 Premier League

•PFA Team of the Century (1907–2007):
•Team of the Century 1997–2007
•Overall Team of the Century

•FWA Footballer of the Year: 2002–03, 2003–04, 2005–06

•Premier League Player of the Season: 2003–04, 2005–06

•Premier League Golden Boot: 2001–02, 2003–04, 2004–05, 2005–06

•Most assists in the Premier League: 2002–03

•Golden Boot Landmark Award 10: 2004–05

•Golden Boot Landmark Award 20: 2004–05

•Premier League Player of the Month: April 2000, September 2002, January 2004, April 2004

•Arsenal Player of the Season:  2000, 2003, 2004, 2005

•BBC Goal of the Season: 2002–03

•UEFA Team of the Year: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006

•MLS Best XI: 2011, 2012, 2014

•MLS Player of the Month: March 2012

•Best MLS Player ESPY Award: 2013

•MLS All-Star: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

•French Player of the Year: 2000, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006

•IFFHS World's Top Goal Scorer of the Year: 2003

•FIFA FIFPro World XI: 2006

•UEFA European Football Championship Team of the Tournament: 2000

•FIFA 100: 2004

•Time 100 Heroes & Pioneers no.16: 2007

•English Football Hall of Fame: 2008

•Premier League 10 Seasons Awards (1992–93 – 2001–02)
•Overseas Team of the Decade

•Premier League 20 Seasons Awards
•Fantasy Team (Panel choice)
•Fantasy Team (Public choice)

•UEFA Ultimate Team of the Year (published 2015)

•UEFA Euro All-time XI (published 2016)

•Ballon d'Or Dream Team (Bronze): 2020

•Premier League Hall of Fame: 2021

•Orders
•Knight of the Legion of Honour: 1998

Source:Wikipedia

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Adebishow: 11:08am On Oct 29, 2022
OJEEMAH:
In a leaked video, Samuel Eto'o was heard claiming that Nicolas Anelka was a better player than fellow Frenchman Thierry Henry.

WHAT HAPPENED? When Eto'o opens his mouth nowadays, controversy is never too far away. In his latest take, which surfaced via a leaked video posted by Footballogue, the ex-Cameroon captain compared two of French football's most well-known strikers.

WHAT HE SAID: "I think Thierry Henry was not at the level of Anelka," he controversially claimed. "Titi was good, but I knew players... I preferred other players. In any case at my level, no."

THE BIGGER PICTURE: Eto'o rarely featured during his time at Real Madrid with Anelka, spending the majority of his spell out on loan at the turn of the century. Comparatively, he spent two seasons playing alongside Henry at Barcelona.

WHAT NEXT FOR ETO'O? Given his long list of headline-grabbing comments, it surely won't be long before he steals the limelight with another interesting opinion. It will be interesting to see whether Henry or Anelka respond to the leaked video.

https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/eto-o-anelka-better-thierry-henry-claims-arsenal-legend-not-on-his-level/bltf360d5528792e700

That is his personal opinion, for me that opinion is ridiculous.
Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by ufuosman(m): 11:09am On Oct 29, 2022
Eto is wrong on dis, Anelka is good bt not to compare him with Henry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Richieniit: 11:09am On Oct 29, 2022
Wizywiz:
u dey mind am...he knows Henry is highly rated above him ..na Cameroon SK wey him take dey worry am

Both goals, records and competitions.. eto is better than Henry! Check ur stats

2 Likes

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by Richieniit: 11:11am On Oct 29, 2022
OJEEMAH:
Cameroon mind grin grin

I can’t imagine how big Eto think of himself for him to even say, Henry is not on his level.

One day e fit even say Aubameyang better pass Henry

Eto is better than Henry.

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by judedwriter(m): 11:11am On Oct 29, 2022
The little I watched of anelka, he was good but a a little above average.

Henry was a world class player and unlucky to have not won Ballon Dior.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry by ThierryJay: 11:13am On Oct 29, 2022
tuzle:
I agree with everything u said except the average arsenal side. Do u know Henry played with one of the best arsenal teams ever. A team that had viera, Gilberto, pores, bergkham, Campbell and many more.

The 2005/06 Arsenal side that reached the final were relatively average. Viera had left. Gilberto, Pires & Berkamp were in their last year. That team was different from the invincibles.

Henry mainly played with young Fabregas, Hleb, old lungberg, Gilberto & Pires in the run up to that final.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football / Victor Osimhen Closes In On George Weah’s Record, Hails Liberian Legend / Photos From The Match Between Senegal And Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.