Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate (4608 Views)

Who Takes Credit For The Four Refinaries About To Commence Operations? / Jonathan Takes The Lead In Imo / Jonathan Takes His Campaign To Ghana (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by JoeMosco(m): 10:38pm On Aug 20, 2011
Hi "Strangest" i said the rate reported is false not that price index(inflation) is not a true reflection of the economy. However, the standard/cost of living, GDP,Foreign exchange, mortality rate etc are other economic indicators. Moreover, our true PI is still a double digit.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by JayKid1(m): 10:44pm On Aug 20, 2011
No Comment lipsrsealed
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by emiye(m): 10:56pm On Aug 20, 2011
Cement price is now at an all time high N2,500
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by otokx(m): 11:32pm On Aug 20, 2011
All liars have their part in hell
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by YoursGEJ(m): 11:42pm On Aug 20, 2011
manony:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-740305.0.html

the link above says cement price is now N2200. which should we believe?

Help me ask the man o, my brother. Lol.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by Johndoe100(m): 12:14am On Aug 21, 2011
This is good news. GEJ is delivering. More good news to follow.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by Dauchman(m): 12:43am On Aug 21, 2011
afodimkpa:

Its not Jonathan's barefaced lies and self praise that pains me, but the level of sycophancy displayed by Nigerians, especially the youths who are most adversely affected by his all talk and no action policies.  angry  Fools who should ask the man how many cups of garri 2 new satellites will place on their table, or how many mega watts of electricity tenure elongation will generate, or better still how the creation of new universities will generate employment for the tens of millions of unemployed graduates roaming the streets! A man wakes up and tell them inflation has reduced to 9.4% and the idoits say thank you sir. Yet the mumus go out and fight with the onion seller for selling 3 miserable bulbs of onions for N500 instead of N450 they bought it just the day before.

Each time I visit Goodluck Jonathan's FB page, I come to the conclusion that Nigerians themselves are responsible for the leadership rascality we are experiencing. Nigerians are plain dishonest even to themselves.

Well goodluck to you!  angry  angry

That's why IBB said a few years back that the youths of Nigeria have nothing to offer and i said even though its insulting the fella was absolutely correct. It seems we have gone backwards by ten years. We hardly produce any smart person from our schools any more. This is basic economics that can be measured by anyone with common sense (the saying that sense is not common seems to be the case here). Prices are flying up by the hour and someone tells you that inflation has dropped to single digit and you accept whole heartedly. When last did you buy anything in Nigeria with a =N=1 coin? I cry for Nigeria.

This is a simple definition of inflation for the benefit of those who do not know
In economics, inflation is a rise in the general level of prices of goods and services in an economy over a period of time.
I hope after this simple lay man definition you can now start thinking for yourselves. SMH in total disbelief!!!!!!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by Nobody: 12:53am On Aug 21, 2011
what we need is dividend of democracy like reduced unemployment rate, power stability, good roads, increased quality of education etc and not GRAMMARS. we have waited long enough and sacrificed much enough. God help us
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by Kobojunkie: 1:12am On Aug 21, 2011
Inflation rate is down, but cost of goods and commodities have shot way up in the same period? How come
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by lastpage: 1:33am On Aug 21, 2011
I thought l was the only one "wondering" where Oga GEJ is getting his Price Index (or cost of commodities) from!

Has anyone seen the way the NAIRA is nose-diving against other currencies, even when those currencies themselves are at absolute rock-bottom?

Inflation is truly down, Just like the NIARA!

I just dey laugh Oooo! grin grin

BTW: The President is a "PhD" naah, how come he can say this?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by dayokanu(m): 1:45am On Aug 21, 2011
Sorry people,

GEJ is reetarded he actually meant the opposite of what came out of his mouth.

If he says Good morning you should know he meant good night, His brain cant process information

Thats why prices are increasing and he claims inflation is reducing

Thats why they call him Odechukwu retardeen
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by Jaideyone(m): 2:45am On Aug 21, 2011
Does this man think we are fools?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by Chuks84(m): 3:09am On Aug 21, 2011
Does this our president live on a parallel universe or what? Inflation rate has dropped and yesterday I bought a can of sardine for N250? Something I bought a month ago for N140!!! Everytime I go to his facebook link I feel like breaking a bottle on someone's head. The most pitiful thing of all is that you see our fellow nigerians commending him; saying thank you sir! You are the best sir! Yet they go home through bad roads, they go home to epileptic power supply, they buy kerosene at ridiculous rates and they buy a can of sardine for N250. God help Nigeria.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by musiwa48: 3:13am On Aug 21, 2011
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by manny4life(m): 3:31am On Aug 21, 2011
strangest:

if inflation rate is not a true measure the what is ?? Abeg i ll want to know? Thank you.

Dude, really? Inflation is not a true measure to determine a healthy economy. Don't get me wrong, while it's important  an interesting number, it's not a true test to show economic strength or weakness. If you wanna test a nations economy, take the major macro factors into consideration for instance and most importantly unemployment rate, then  GDP, balance of trade, etc. Look at all these factors and then decide what the true measure is. Reduction in inflation rate just literally mean price went down. Our president claimed inflation is at 9.2% (lowest in 3years), ok agreed, but lets look statistically, trends, patterns, averages etc all over the past three years, at least that what inflation is(over a period of time) besides if inflation was reduced from 15% to 9%, that's a 6 point reduction so what it literally means is  that technically price reduce 6% from the current market price. Your current bag of cement for N2,200 will go down technically by 6%, you do the math and then tell me what significant difference it has, the price still remains @ N2,100+ if my math is correct.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by Nobody: 4:15am On Aug 21, 2011
i wonder how these figures came about. the prices of household goods have been steadily rising for the past three months.

will gej also take credit for
the persistent kerosene scarcity,
the price of cement,
the non existent security in the country,
the death trap roads apapa oshodi, lagos ibadan, and abuja?

or should we blame those on 'enemies of progress'?

all that Facebook bs will only be swallowed by diasporeans who are not clued in to what is happening

the poor sods above - lets ask them if gej has sorted out the kerosene scarcity as he has claimed
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by rhymz(m): 5:14am On Aug 21, 2011
To be honesy, I seriously regret my support of this very lame-brained president. Jonathan has got to be the most clueless president ever. He does not even approach issues with the urgency and seriousness they deserve, he is more concerned with PR and mending his already weak personality than face the problems head-on.
Like exactly what were the parameters used to arrive at the single digit inflation, crude oil sales? Apparently, that claim is either a gross distortion of the truth or the aforementioned parameter was his guide to arriving at such a ridiculous claim. The reality is that, there is no reflection of such a claim in our everyday life unless that was said to serve as a placebo, on the contrary, it is a common knowledge that prices of goods and services are at all time high.
The problem here is that we have a president who lacks the mental capacity to understand the submissions of his ministers, they(ministers) know that and are capitalizing on it. GEJ is neither cerebral or charismatic, he is more of say this sir, say that sir. . .he is not in the league of the Obamas, Sarkozy or even the Ghanaian president. It is a pity! Nigerians deserve better!
The problem here is that we have a president who lacks the mental capacity to understand the submissions of his ministers, they(ministers) know that and are capitalizing on it. GEJ is neither cerebral or charismatic, he is more of say this sir, say that sir. . .he is not in the league of the Obamas, Sarkozy or even the Ghanaian president. It is a pity! Nigerians deserve better!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by sadyeek(m): 6:38am On Aug 21, 2011
To be honesy, I seriously regret my support of this very lame-brained president. Jonathan has got to be the most clueless president ever. He does not even approach issues with the urgency and seriousness they deserve, he is more concerned with PR and mending his already weak personality than face the problems head-on.
Like exactly what were the parameters used to arrive at the single digit inflation, crude oil sales? Apparently, that claim is either a gross distortion of the truth or the aforementioned parameter was his guide to arriving at such a ridiculous claim. The reality is that, there is no reflection of such a claim in our everyday life unless that was said to serve as a placebo, on the contrary, it is a common knowledge that prices of goods and services are at all time high.

He hasn't even spent 6months in office as elected president and already your regreting? I laaff in spanish.
Well, we're all in it now and we still have 3+ years of this fresh air.[s] I Just wonder how people lungs go be by the end of the 4 possibly 6 years of fress air?[/s]

I remember when people said he was not elected into office that's why he was slow not preforming, give him a chance etc. Just imagine exuses.

It is so sad, that people still think the man is still the best choice and still needs to be given more time to settle in. I wonder how long its going to take them to wake up fromm their slumber?

How can you say 'good job' when security is at an all time lowest, when you buy things you bought a few months or weeks erlier 2x the price,  when electricity is bad that it affects your personal level of productivity not to talk of businesses or the country? How people HOW!?

We all just need to keep praying, for nigeria  for uncle jonah and pray for a better replacement.

[size=22pt]if only we could import presidents like we import every other thing in this country[/size]
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 9:06am On Aug 21, 2011
interesting stats, but how much actual improvement is there? These statistics are utterly meaningless to the trader in the market, the mechanic at the roadside, the carpenter in the workshop et all because they know that the prices of commodities are still exorbitant. infact, the prices are going up instead of coming down. when i left here three months ago, a sachet of peak milk was N35. Now it sells for N50. Is that an improvement. We aren't saying the president ist working. we're just saying that as long as there is no positive change in the prices of commodities, these statistics are quite meaningless.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by member479760: 9:18am On Aug 21, 2011
yes, all nigerians are good in econs, finance, banking and grammar, the economy become perfect right away, single digit inflation - how den calculate the thin. let them use the same method for electricity make we see how the thin go work.

electricity is a perfect science - lack of it show the type of people we are.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by Olaisrich(m): 9:33am On Aug 21, 2011
Chei! the president of 'the fantasy land'
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by valicious1(m): 10:30am On Aug 21, 2011
Why on earth can't GEJ take credit for a progress recorded in his administration, if he didn't facilitate the stride then who did? You??
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by omanzo02: 11:06am On Aug 21, 2011
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by omanzo02: 11:11am On Aug 21, 2011
seun: Last month, I reported to you that inflation had dropped to 10.2% and many expressed a desire to have it further reduced.

I heard you and we went to work and today our Consumer Price Index records that inflation in Nigeria has dropped to 9.4% which is the lowest rate recorded in over three years as verified by sundry independent local and international agencies.

Please be assured that I read your comments here and take them into effect in decisions this administration makes. GEJ

@seun
Stop being a clown or don't u understand simple grammar anymore? the bold proved he did'nt take the credit but a collective credit for the achievement, or can't u notice the 'we'?.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by Natudu: 11:38am On Aug 21, 2011
There got to be a serious disconnect between real life and the people responsible for this statistics.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by 4Play(m): 12:32pm On Aug 21, 2011
His posts are a bit of a joke. If one person deserves credit, it's Sanusi who as the Central Bank Gov tries to manage inflation by setting interest rates and maintaining the Naira's exchange rates.

In any case, this is just one report and there is no cause for celebration until we maintain a single digit inflation rate over a considerable period.

The rapid rise in inflation is a global phenomenon for emerging markets, so it's not unique to Nigeria.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by Kobojunkie: 2:17pm On Aug 21, 2011
sadyeek:

He hasn't even spent 6months in office as elected president and already your regreting? I laaff in spanish.
Well, we're all in it now and we still have 3+ years of this fresh air.[s] I Just wonder how people lungs go be by the end of the 4 possibly 6 years of fress air?[/s]

I remember when people said he was not elected into office that's why he was slow not preforming, give him a chance etc. Just imagine exuses.

It is so sad, that people still think the man is still the best choice and still needs to be given more time to settle in. I wonder how long its going to take them to wake up fromm their slumber?

Jonathan has been in office for well over a YEAR . . . . please correct yourself!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by sadyeek(m): 2:40pm On Aug 21, 2011
^^^^^
Dude read it well,
I said as ELECTED president not as a result of other people misfortune or his luck streak.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2011
sadyeek:

^^^^^
Dude read it well,
I said as ELECTED president not as a result of other people misfortune or his luck streak.

He was ELECTED along with Yar adua(he was a pivotal part of that ticket, especially for the south) back in 2007 . . . He has been occupying presidential office for well over a year. So, yes, correct yourself!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by sadyeek(m): 3:30pm On Aug 21, 2011
^^^
ELECTED as PRESIDENT!!!!!!

Ofcourse he's been in the seat for over a year! That's obvious, since the death of the late president but when ever that's brought upto his supporters they say he's tenure as ELECTED PRESIDENT didn't start till may '11 as a result he wasn't able to much! I was just trying to make that part clear so as to avoid that issue. Turns out it wasn't worth the effort, caused mor confussion.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2011
sadyeek:

^^^
ELECTED as PRESIDENT!!!!!!

Ofcourse he's been in the seat for over a year! That's obvious, since the death of the late president but when ever that's brought upto his supporters they say he's tenure as ELECTED PRESIDENT didn't start till may '11 as a result he wasn't able to much! I was just trying to make that part clear so as to avoid that issue. Turns out it wasn't worth the effort, caused mor confussion.

Just because his 'supporters' say something does not make it sensible to repeat though. I mean it is like the silly old "we voted Jonathan and not PDP" nonsense!

Honestly, I just have a thing against people pretending he has only been in office for two minutes. This man has been in HIGH leadership/political office for 12 years straight . . something many ordinary Nigerians will do anything to get, so they can help make Nigeria better someway. Yet it has mostly all been a waste.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate by sadyeek(m): 4:02pm On Aug 21, 2011
^^^
I don't ageree nethier do I think its 'sensible'. I just wanted to avoid all that long grammer,

Sho! Watin I do u na U just dey enter me lef, rit, centa? I no fit stand again seff!

For the record
Am not one of those 'people pretending he's in office for 2min'

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yoruba Man, Hausa Man, But No Biafran, On Forbes List. . . / Oyakhilome-owned Superscreen Television Workers Protest 7 Month Unpaid Salary / Scientists Have Found A Potential Cure For Ebola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.