Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

I’m The Most Prepared For Reps Race, Asoju Odo Tells Igbomina Youths. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m The Most Prepared For Reps Race, Asoju Odo Tells Igbomina Youths. (161 Views)

Martins Okechukwu "J Martins" Withdraws from House Of Reps Race / Martins Okechukwu "J Martins" Joins House Of Reps Race / Orji Uzor Kalu: I Am The Most Prepared Presidential Candidate In Nigeria (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’m The Most Prepared For Reps Race, Asoju Odo Tells Igbomina Youths. by Excober08: 2:42pm On Oct 30, 2022
I’m the most prepared for Reps race, Asoju Odo tells Igbomina Youths.

The YPP House of Reps candidate for the Irepodun/Isin/Ekiti/Oke-Ero Federal Constituency, Charles Olufemi Folayan yesterday participated at the political dialogue organized by a socio-cultural group in Kwara State, the Igbomina Youth Assembly for all candidates contesting for the Senate, House of Representatives and the House of Assembly in Igbomina land.

The program which was chaired by Prof D O Kolawole and the National President of the Omo Ibile Igbomina Elder G Y Jimoh was attended by the majority of the candidates running under the various political parties.

While making his presentation, Charles Olufemi Folayan (Asoju Odo) told the audience that as a representative of the people he would regularly consult with stakeholders of his constituency especially through community leaders, youth and student’s organizations from time to time to know their needs. However, he presented a printed thirty pages manifesto containing his plans of action and proposed projects.

“I salute our fathers and mother here present and the organizers of this event, may God continue to strengthen us all. I’m a native of Ekan in Oke-Ero local government, in Ekiti-Kwara, I remember when I was younger, I used to go with my father to the Igbomina/Ekiti Council of Oba’s meeting at Ajase-Ipo. He was a committed man to the Igbomina and Ekiti unity and development. So I already tapped from him, I know we are one.

“I would like to state that as the people representative, I would be liaison with my constituents on projects and programs that would address their needs from time to time. I would constitute a constituency committee consisting of community development associations, student leaders and youth organizations like the Igbomina Youth Assembly to work with.

“However, as a candidate contesting for an election, I’m not just here to make promises, I have map out my own plans, implementation strategies and timeline in this 30 pages manifesto document in my hand. It has been prepared and published, it’s also available on my campaign website www.charlesofemi.com. I’m the most prepared for this office here.

“I’m contesting under the platform of the Young Progressives Party YPP, our party is a party of service to the people, we are not just seeking for power, we are not just coming because we just want to change the incumbent but because we have something better to offer and we want to genuinely serve the people.

“I would like to make a brief run down of my manifesto because of time. First, I’m coming to represent the people with what I call “ADEPT” values, Accountability, Diligence, Empathy, Prudence and Technocracy.

“I have served in the National Assembly as an Aide for four years and also served in the presidency as an Aide for another four years, I have acquired the requisite knowledge, skills and experiences to provide credible representation for my people.

“I would uphold the primary responsibilities of a House of Reps member, such as;

Representation:
“I would provide diligent representation and speak for my constituents on all issue that concern them and the country at large.

Law Making:
“I would join others to support the Local Government Autonomy bill to success because it would enhance grassroots development and empower our royal fathers.

“I have in mind to support the social investment bill and for it to be institutionalized and domesticate to spread to local governments.

“I would also support and push the Act to establish the college of education Omu-Aran to success, a bill current being sponsored by Hon. Tunji Olawuyi Ajuloopin because I’m confident by God’s grace that I would succeed him.

“I would also push for additional constituencies for our Senatorial district and State.

Over-Site Functions:
“ I would participate in the oversight functions of the National Assembly diligently.

Appropriation:
”I would also ensure that the will of the people reflect in our appropriations. Budget should come from the people.

“My “RESTORE” agenda for my constituency is analyzed as follows;

R- Re- Orientate the Youth and build Educational and Tech-Led Human Capital.

E- Explore Governmental and Non-Governmental Opportunities for Projects and Programs facilitation and inclusion

S- Sustain Social Cohesion, Security and Interfaith Harmony.

T- Transform Productions and Agro-Industry for Wealth Creation and Employment Generation.

O- Optimize a Tech-Led and Data-Backed Community Development.

R- Revitalize Healthcare Services and Family Support Programs.

E- Enhance Entrepreneurial development and Business Support Programmes

“I have also designed plans, strategy and map out funding opportunities for a number of projects which includes;

- Establishment of at least one International Youth Development Center, an advance to the one I already have in my hometown.
- One Multipurpose Agro-Processing Center
- One Multipurpose Igbomina International Market
- One Standard Sports and Recreational Center
- One Standard Recycling Hub and
- An African Film Village

Folayan Said, his proposed projects is expected to be funded through funding opportunities in the federal government, donor agencies and public-private partnerships.

The Chief Host of the event and the National President of the Omo Ibile Igbomina Elder G Y Jimoh singled out Charles Folayan and invited him for a handshake after his presentation, he also made reference to Folayan’s presentation during his remark and acknowledged the strong commitment and contributions of his late father Oba Michael Adeoti Folayan to the development of Igbomina/Ekiti land.

“I’m elated by the statement of my son Folayan, truly, his father was a great lover and contributor to the Igbomina land, may his soul rest in peace. Elder Jimoh added.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Is Buhari Pro Max / Atiku The Man Nigeria Needs Come 2023 / Court Nullifies APC Governorship Primaries In Akwa Ibom, Orders Fresh Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.