Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections (28375 Views)

Israel Declares Brazil’s Lula Persona Non Grata For Comparing Gaza War To Holoca / Breaking:Lula Da Silva Wins The 2022 Brazilian Presidential Elections(photos) / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 12:06am On Oct 31, 2022
Brazil’s former leftist president, Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, has sealed an astonishing political comeback, beating the far-right incumbent Jair Bolsonaro in one of the most significant and bruising elections in the country’s history.

With 99% of votes counted, Silva, a former factory worker who became Brazil’s first working-class president exactly 20 years ago, had secured 50.8% of the vote. Bolsonaro, a firebrand who was elected in 2018, received 49.1%.

A few streets away on Paulista Avenue, one of the city’s main arteries, ecstatic Lula supporters gathered to celebrate his victory and the downfall of a radical rightwing president whose presidency produced an environmental tragedy and saw nearly 700,000 Brazilians die of Covid.

“Our dream is coming true. We need to be free,” beamed Joe Kallif, a 62-year-old social activist who was among the elated throng. “Brazil was in a very dangerous place and now we are getting back our freedom. The last four years have been horrible.”

Gabrielly Soares, a 19-year-old student, jumped in joy as she commemorated the imminent victory of a leader whose social policies helped her achieve a university education.

“I feel so happy … During four years of Bolsonaro I saw my family slip backwards and under Lula they flourished,” she said, a rainbow banner draped over her shoulders.

Ecstatic and tearful supporters of Lula – who secured more than 59m votes to Bolsonaro’s 57m – hugged and threw cans of beer in the air.

“This means we are going to have someone in power who cares about those at the bottom. Right now we have a person who doesn’t care about the majority, about us, about LGBT people,” Soares said. “Bolsonaro … is a bad person. He doesn’t show a drop of empathy or solidarity for others. There is no way he can continue as president.”

There was celebration around the region too as leftist allies tweeted their congratulations. “Viva Lula,” said Colombia’s leader, Gustavo Petro.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/oct/30/lula-stages-astonishing-comeback-to-beat-bolsonaro-in-brazil-election

22 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by WannaHowzit(m): 2:12am On Oct 31, 2022
Bye bye crazy Bolsonaro - "the Trump of the Tropics"!

Now we wait to see if he refuses to accept the result, just like his whacko US brother who the left also ousted in his first term of ultra-conservative madness.

2 one-term failures right there! grin

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by Truthisunique2: 3:34am On Oct 31, 2022
Na experience win election so o,

People still dey rely

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by manmade(m): 3:45am On Oct 31, 2022
This is how obi would trash those old cargoes by February next year.

192 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by juman(m): 4:31am On Oct 31, 2022
Viva Lula.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by juman(m): 4:32am On Oct 31, 2022
This is big congratulations.
Coming back of great leader.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by Karlovych: 4:55am On Oct 31, 2022
embarassed I see Obi ousting the ruling party to become elected as president next year, I see agbado urchins wailing and gnashing their teeth, I see PDP dissolving and their members fleeing to form a new party, I see the Cameroonian returning to Dubai to spend the rest of the funds he looted as VP, I see the cocaine merchant running back to the UK to treat his withering hands and leaking buttocks, I see his advocate being denied Canadian visa for him and his family, I see the vulture griller begging his bosses for a pay rise for his zombie duties, I see a new Nigeria emerging with Peter Obi at the helm of its affairs

This I have seen

134 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by Timekeeper452: 4:55am On Oct 31, 2022
Every country is getting it right , and voting out their very useless incumbent now. God please don’t forsake Nigeria when it is time, help us. We have saboteurs in our midst but we trust in you Lord.

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by moscow007: 4:56am On Oct 31, 2022
Please don't listen to Urchins when they tell u President Peter Obi can't win, this election is different from any election you've ever seen in Nigerian.

BVAS is Thiefnibu and Atiku's biggest undoings
Urchin will try everything possible to down play what happened in Osun State, despite inducing voters with billions Thiefnibu's cousin still lost...a sitting Governor oo

Let's face the facts, in Nigeria second tenure is almost guaranteed for any sitting Governor...even Hope Uzodinma is hoping on second tenure in Imo State, now imagine a sitting Governor who is Thiefnibu's cousin...with all his "I made Buhari President" "I'm the Jagaban of Nigeria" he still couldn't deliver his cousin.

Thiefnibu lost in his home state and he will still loose in Lagos and every other state in Nigerian no matter d amount of billions he spends...mark my words!

Naija wake up, President Obi will return elected come 2023.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by SugarGirl44(f): 4:57am On Oct 31, 2022
manmade:

El oh El.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by Izebrain: 4:59am On Oct 31, 2022
Brazil , country way fine pass Dubai

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by Gten(m): 4:59am On Oct 31, 2022
This is what ought to have happened in 2019. It would have limited the damage by oga.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by BluntCrazeMan: 4:59am On Oct 31, 2022
Ok Naa
Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by zuzuonyi: 5:00am On Oct 31, 2022
That's the kind of change we need in Nigeria. Affliction shall not arise a second time!

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by madjune(m): 5:00am On Oct 31, 2022
Good news but it goes to show that the average Brazilian needs mental check up.

This was the same man they chased away and had him locked up on grounds of corruption and all that went with it.

Suddenly, he's a saint and they're jumping up.and down.

Funny.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by BESTScientist1: 5:01am On Oct 31, 2022
Long before the run off agbado will be sent into Oblivion

4 Likes

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by RaptObserver: 5:03am On Oct 31, 2022
Brazil actually flourished during Lula... I admired him that time he was very active in the global scene too. Nigeria needs a leader who has experience of governance and understands how democracy works with robust international exposure.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by ini4brandon(m): 5:04am On Oct 31, 2022
Globally, there is general dissatisfaction with human government. It's not just Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by Yehman(m): 5:05am On Oct 31, 2022
Izebrain:
Brazil , country way fine pass Dubaci
Wonderful �
Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by juman(m): 5:12am On Oct 31, 2022
Lula was greatest president in his time as president.

Brazilians voted right and pushed out trump liked president from power.
I wonder so many idiots that voted for this stupid and unpatriotic president.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by mu2sa2: 5:15am On Oct 31, 2022
WannaHowzit:
Bye bye crazy Bolsonaro - "the Trump of the Tropics"!

Now we wait to see if he refuses to accept the result, just like his whacko US brother who the left also ousted in his first term of ultra-conservative madness.

2 one-term failures right there! grin
Kind of ironic. Trump/Balsanaro do not believe in basic democratic principles, they just want ro use the institutions of democracy to get to power and then try to undermine the system to hang on to power.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by ipobarethieves: 5:15am On Oct 31, 2022
cool
Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by EmmaLege: 5:16am On Oct 31, 2022
smiley
Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by tillaman(m): 5:18am On Oct 31, 2022
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by goslowgoslow(m): 5:18am On Oct 31, 2022
manmade:
That is the reason why OP brought the post so that people like you will start having false hope and running your mouths. Nigeria nor be Brazil.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by juman(m): 5:19am On Oct 31, 2022
Lulaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Celebration of great man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by godguy: 5:23am On Oct 31, 2022
i see Obi winning this way

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by Latidoh1: 5:23am On Oct 31, 2022
Why Ronaldinho no contest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by Deejaygold(m): 5:24am On Oct 31, 2022
Congratulations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lula Da Silva Wins Brazil Presidential Elections by Yankee101: 5:26am On Oct 31, 2022
Better than bolsonaro by far

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CNN Says Israel May Have "Rearranged" Weapons At Al-shifa / Hamas Tried To Send Fighters To Egypt In Ambulances For Wounded Gazans. / Letter Bomb Explodes At IMF Building In France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.