Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

My Terrible Experience With Gtbank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Terrible Experience With Gtbank (602 Views)

Who Else Is Having This Issue With Gtbank App / Bank With Gtbank On Whatsapp / How To Make Money With GTBANK Affiliate Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Terrible Experience With Gtbank by chipsypop(m): 11:15am On Oct 31, 2022
I opened a dollar domiciliary account with GTbank on the second week of August and providing 2 Current Account holders as references was one of the requirements, which I did.

On the 14th of September I was notified that one of my references has confirmed and that I can now carry out transactions with the account and on that same day I went ahead to to withdraw into the account via Payoneer.
The money entered the next day but when I went to withdraw, I was told that I can't because my account is still under restriction. I was told that my second reference rejected the request. Though my reference said he didn't receive any confirmation request from them, I decided to use another person as reference to avoid long stories.

I submitted another reference form on the 20th of September and till now my account is still restricted and
my reference is yet to get any confirmation request.

I've been going to the bank every week and they're claiming that there's nothing they can do about it.
This is more than a month and 2 weeks and I'm yet to get the money l withdrew using the account.

I've mailed and chatted them on whatsapp but I didn't get a single reply from them. I called but couldn't reach any costumer care rep. Their costumer service is nothing to write about.

Please Nairalanders, how do I get them to resolve this issue and give me my money because I have urgent financial problems to solve with it. I've been living like a pauper for the past few weeks when I have money that I worked for, it's so frustrating.
I'll attach screenshots

Forgive my typos please, I'm in a very bitter mood right now.

Re: My Terrible Experience With Gtbank by mymadam(m): 11:25am On Oct 31, 2022
Three possibilities for the restriction (if it's still unresolved), IMHO...
1. Your USD inflow has been used to settle a 'prized GTB customer' going abroad (BTA things)
2. There's more to the delay that meets the eye.... (suspicion of the inflow, albeit unnecessary)
3. Gross corporate incompetence

QED
Re: My Terrible Experience With Gtbank by judatech: 11:52am On Oct 31, 2022
Make it loud on Twitter
Re: My Terrible Experience With Gtbank by chipsypop(m): 12:29pm On Oct 31, 2022
mymadam:
Three possibilities for the restriction (if it's still unresolved), IMHO...
1. Your USD inflow has been used to settle a 'prized GTB customer' going abroad (BTA things)
2. There's more to the delay that meets the eye.... (suspicion of the inflow, albeit unnecessary)
3. Gross corporate incompetence

QED
It's really disheartening.
I was told point blank that there's nothing they can do about it, that I'll have to wait, till eternity I guess.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Gtbank by chipsypop(m): 12:30pm On Oct 31, 2022
judatech:
Make it loud on Twitter
How exactly please, I'm not too familiar with Twitter.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Gtbank by chipsypop(m): 10:56am On Nov 07, 2022
Mods pls help me get this to front-page
naijacutee
dominique
puskin
FOD
Re: My Terrible Experience With Gtbank by chipsypop(m): 11:01am On Nov 07, 2022
I messaged the on Monday, a week today and this is the response I got.
Till now they've not done anything oo

(1) (Reply)

Zenith Bank Network Is Bad / Get Original Adire Kampala Fabrics At Wholesale And Retail Prices / Exchange Your Digital/ Crypto Funds At Good Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.