Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion (52045 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Witnesses The Arrival Of CMA CGM SCANDOLA At Lekki Port / Lagos Promises To Complete $1.5bn Lekki Port’s Six-Lane Highway / First Largest Container Vessel Berth In Onne Port After 12 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Antoeni(m): 2:40pm On Oct 31, 2022
AHEAD of the commissioning of the $1.5billion Lekki Deep Seaport next month, the Port has been handed over to Tolarams Group by China Harbours, the contractor that constructed the facility.

Speaking at the completion ceremony at Lekki port, Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu promised to expand the roads leading to the port to a six lane roads with a view to ensuring a seamless evacuation of cargo from the port.

Sanwo-Olu also said that with a projected 1.2million Twenty Equipment Unit, TEUs, the port will make Nigeria a hub in the entire sub-region.

He also called on community stakeholders within port axis to give all the necessary support as the port promises to generate over 200,000 jobs within communities around the port area.

Sanwo-Olu said:”We will stop at nothing to complete the roads leading to the port, all the shanties along the road will be cleared to give way for the expansion of the roads.

“With the port completed and a projected 1.2million TEUs, Lagos has become a maritime hub.”

Similarly, Chairman of the Board of port Mr. Abiodun Dabiri said that the port is poised to deliver on it’s promise to make Nigeria a hub in the Sub-region.

Dabiri also said that the Board was please to celebrate the completion of construction of the port and the effective handover of the facilities by Lekki Port from the Contractor, China Harbour Engineering LFTZ Enterprise (CHELE), a subsidiary of China Harbour Engineering Company.

According to Dabiri, “It has been a long journey of many steps. Starting from the time when Tolaram led by Pa Mohan Aswani sought to develop a deep sea port for the benefit of the Lagos Free Zone, and indeed all of Lagos State and Nigeria; to getting a concession from the Nigerian Ports Authority for a unique private public partnership port; getting a loan facility from China Development Bank to the infusion of equity capital in the sum of US$221m by China Harbour Engineering Company to the start of construction in the midst of an unprecedented global pandemic.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/contractors-hand-over-1-5bn-lekki-port-to-owners-after-completion/

50 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Sasi54: 3:08pm On Oct 31, 2022
I swear the love that I am having for this country is increasing everyday, Nigeria must be great

347 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by slivertongue: 3:11pm On Oct 31, 2022
Great, God bless NIGERIANS.

106 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by iiifedimma(f): 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2022
Good evening please anywhere you see this type of comments please don't mind this fraudster he is a well known fraudster here on Nairaland creating a new account every day to keep scamming people here on Nairaland, it's a guy that is behind the account using it for a scamming business

Pls guys don't just scroll pass, pls kindly assist me i have,i have nothing left again for me and my brother to feed. We have been hungry since this week pls assist us with whatever little you have in any little way, we will be eternally grateful. May God almighty bless u and come to your aid as u have come to ours, this is the accont name he is using G.T Bank -ANNA uyom or angel

Don't even send a penny or kobo to this unfortunate fraudster if you loved yourself

38 Likes

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Rolyroly10: 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2022
Okay

2 Likes

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by DropsMic(m): 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2022
Cool.. Hopefully one family no go colobi the whole thing

42 Likes

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Brendaniel: 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2022
The truth is when you put National interest first, this port was not necessary for Lagos state as at now, Lagos is very tight and congested causing a lot of pain and hardship on commuters with accidents of containers falling of trailers, this port would have been better utilised in other regions of the country in dire need of working ports to reduce the menace In Lagos and also open other regions to easy import and export.

159 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by ryloy: 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2022
grin

God Bless Incoming President Bola Tinubu
The Builder of Lagos

128 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Ololademrmoney2(m): 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2022
Obe

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Canyona1(m): 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2022
Okay
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by STEWpid(f): 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2022
Chai..

People don chop money.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Sirkingsnado: 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2022
grin Peter obi all the way

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by kenny714433(m): 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2022
wink

Normally this country should be working. Just imagine if we have 3 more seaports in other locations, like 2k+ jobs would have been created both directly and indirectly.

What about steel?
Steel is one of the highly sought materials in any construction both house and roads etc.

Just imagine building a steel factory to serve the need of 200Million Nigerians and export to other African countries.

What about Aluminium?
Check your house, 40% of your house plus kitchen utensils are made of aluminium.

But we have abundance of Iron Ore and Aluminium in their raw state.

Let me not talk of gas and coal for power. Oya, reason am. What's stopping Nigeria from growing if not nepotism?

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Koralords: 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2022
Na one man legacy be this after years if leaving office show me one legacy project of obi and I will vote for him ,don't waste your vote ,vote tinubu let him revamp Nigeria ,eko onibaje

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by 9jaBloke: 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2022
smiley 1.2 million teu is not a joke and there are expansion plans for 6m

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by davidtemi(m): 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2022
Smh
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by edoncast: 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2022
If only we have some thing like this in the east,I wouldn't be staying in Lagos.

The best state so far is Lagos and that's why I will not be sentimental and unfortunate comparing my state (Anambra state) to Lagos state .

If not for Buhari failure ,Tinubu will definitely be the best candidate .

For now,I will sit on the fence when it comes to Obi and Tinubu..

I may end up voting Obi pandora

27 Likes

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by allen113: 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2022
Good one
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Gkay1(m): 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2022
I planned to submit my CV or to work at the lekki deap sea port but I don't know the company in_charge of the employment.

6 Likes

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Starboytwo(m): 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2022
Small small we go get there.

This country will be great by FORCE.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by teniolaisaiah(m): 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2022
God bless Lagos
God bless BAT

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Drabeey2011: 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2022
Na Tinubu go win

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Blaze14k: 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2022
Sasi54:
I swear the love that I am having for this country is increasing everyday, Nigeria must be great

It must be grate for politicians and central bank who still ur money everyday and leave the crumbles for u to eat.

3 Likes

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by DennisEche(m): 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2022
Why always Lagos. Aside Sanwo Olu, Wike, Umahi and Emmanuel Udom all other State Government are useless

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by extol1(m): 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2022
Good development
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by BarrElChapo(m): 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2022
Okay
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by DMerciful(m): 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2022
Rushing these projects that has lasted forever to see if it would influence elections but Nigerians are wiser!

The things that affects the common man are fuel price, exchange rates, price of a bag of rice, minimum wage, insecurity, economy etc.

APC is a fraud!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2022
Yh
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by alizma: 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2022
Look at how Tinubu is stealing Lagos money.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by HUSTLER001: 3:21pm On Oct 31, 2022
Kenya has one of the largest ports in Africa. Their telecom system is top notch. Did I forget to add that they are way ahead of us in the digitalized banking sector? Should I mention souty and Egypt? Nigeria still dey learn work.

7 Likes

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by bedah(m): 3:21pm On Oct 31, 2022
Dats Y they don't want Obi..........

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Exclusive: President Jonathan Gives Away Ine In Bayelsa | 1st Photos / Boko Haram Members Surrender To Troops As They Rescue More Villagers .. Photos / Two Chibok Schoolgirls, Donald Trump & Wife, Ivanka, Strike A Pose (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.