Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,523 members, 7,812,637 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion (52051 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Witnesses The Arrival Of CMA CGM SCANDOLA At Lekki Port / Lagos Promises To Complete $1.5bn Lekki Port’s Six-Lane Highway / First Largest Container Vessel Berth In Onne Port After 12 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Brendaniel: 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
Imagine the rubbish that a human being is typing?

Containers are falling in Lagos so containers do not fall in Kano
There is a Juju that makes containers fall in Lagos?

If you do not know what to say keep quiet
The Port was funded 100% by private money and they know where to invest

Congestion has nothing to do with number of ports do educate yourself properly
Lagos is going to get ANOTHER port in Badagry and I hope that does not make you suicidal

Your problem, I said the simple truth...
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by abbey621(m): 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2022
Kingcalls:

Stop fooling urself.... do definitely don't know the meaning of the word build .... so lagis was a bush when it was capital... all these children or hungry poor urchins that just came to lagos a couple of years ago sha

Literally the area in discussion was bush and swamp in 1999. All the places called Ajah, Ibeju Lekki downwards were all swamps, so mr. not urchin, educate yourself grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by general111(m): 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2022
Brendaniel:
The truth is when you put National interest first, this port was not necessary for Lagos state as at now, Lagos is very tight and congested causing a lot of pain and hardship on commuters with accidents of containers falling of trailers, this port would have been better utilised in other regions of the country in dire need of working ports to reduce the menace In Lagos and also open other regions to easy import and export.
My thoughts exactly.in my opinion port should be taken down south, maybe to calabar or akwaibom.

1 Like

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Waterlilly: 3:39pm On Oct 31, 2022
Brendaniel:
The truth is when you put National interest first, this port was not necessary for Lagos state as at now, Lagos is very tight and congested causing a lot of pain and hardship on commuters with accidents of containers falling of trailers, this port would have been better utilised in other regions of the country in dire need of working ports to reduce the menace In Lagos and also open other regions to easy import and export.
thumbs up! you have said it all
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by b1mp: 3:39pm On Oct 31, 2022
It is 61 days left for the year 2022, End the year as a Professional crane operator, enter 2023 with lots of opportunities in an in-demand career.

With good pay and high demand for their skills, it’s a great time to be a crane operator. If you’re considering changing careers and looking for a new challenge and a great new way to earn money, crane operation might just be for you.

Mobile Crane Professional Operator Training program puts operators on track quickly. The extensive eight weeks training provides the knowledge and skills to become a certified crane operator with training that details each of the subjects necessary for this professional career. As a bonus, you will receive training and testing required by OSHA to become a Qualified crane operator.

And, because of the additional topics of lift planning, anatomy of a crane, crane lifting principles, crane lifting operational hazards, crane maintenance and hand signals, you will return to work capable of filling the vital role of crane operator.

Join the last batch for 2022 Mobile Crane Operator's Training batch starting Monday November, 7th, 2022.

#heavyequipment #investment #construction #CraneOperator #skilledtrades #professionaldevelopment #travel #training #forklifttraining #safety

Visit any of the office to confirm your registration...

Royal Building Office (4th floor) KM 25 Lekki Epe Expressway Opposite Fidelity Bank Ajah

Exponential Hub 1A, Akin Osiyemi street off Allen Avenue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Gkay1(m): 3:39pm On Oct 31, 2022
Koralords:
Na one man legacy be this after years if leaving office show me one legacy project of obi and I will vote for him ,don't waste your vote ,vote tinubu let him revamp Nigeria ,eko onibaje
Don't deceive yourself sir. Don't allow tribalism and nepotism to put in mess for another 4 years.
Vote wisely
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by omonnakoda: 3:40pm On Oct 31, 2022
]The NPA has the power to approve ports in Nigeria and with this power they demand a share of the port. even though the FG did not contribute one naira
Lagos State government also gets a share because they provided the land

The money to build the port was provided 100% by the investor

NPA has approved ports in Akwa Ibom and Delta state so what is happening in those places why can't they find investors?

It really is a shame that Amaechi and Goodluck Jonathan did nothing for the Niger Delta is this aspect or infrastructure

11 Likes

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by omonnakoda: 3:40pm On Oct 31, 2022
c
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by tribalmall: 3:43pm On Oct 31, 2022
As Nigeria de learn from Southy n Egypt so Igboland de land from Yorubaland. Before una catch up Jesus for don return go back n return like 4 times.

HUSTLER001:
Kenya has one of the largest ports in Africa. Their telecom system is top notch. Did I forget to add that they are way ahead of us in the digitalized banking sector? Should I mention souty and Egypt? Nigeria still dey learn work.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Koralords: 3:43pm On Oct 31, 2022
Gkay1:

Don't deceive yourself sir. Don't allow tribalism and nepotism to put in mess for another 4 years.
Vote wisely
Bro tinubu will make a good present he knows how to assemble an winning team

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by omonnakoda: 3:43pm On Oct 31, 2022
general111:

My thoughts exactly.in my opinion port should be taken down south, maybe to calabar or akwaibom.
Taken by whom?

Who built this port and why?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by beejay85: 3:45pm On Oct 31, 2022
DMerciful:
Rushing these projects that has lasted forever to see if it would influence elections but Nigerians are wiser!

The things that affects the common man are fuel price, exchange rates, price of a bag of rice, minimum wage, insecurity, economy etc.

APC is a fraud!
Which project lasted forever?
You cant read that the project started during covid pandemic...
Appreciate the goodwork of people..

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Reference(m): 3:45pm On Oct 31, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Oga the port was built by Lagos state government. Are you expecting Lagos state government to go and build ports for other states? Why do most of you like embarrassing yourselves online?

And you just did this to yourself.
Oh dear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by TakeNigeriaBack: 3:46pm On Oct 31, 2022
Bigchristo:
you expect Nigeria to continue this legacy? Soon when hand touch you now you will be crying Nigeria is a bad country but you want the legacy of bad governance to continue.

Don't forget to include the billions stolen by Diezani under PDP.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by ariesbull: 3:46pm On Oct 31, 2022
WHILE THE CLOWN THAT CALLS HIMSELF ABIA STATE GOVERNOR CANT EVEN DREDGE AZUMINI BLUE SEA FROM ABA TO ATLANTIC THAT IS CLOSER OR THAT ONE IN IMO

CHAI ...IGBO GOVERNORS AND LEADERSHIP IS THE BIGGEST CURSE TO EAST

WILL SOLUDO BE DIFFERENT ?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by viodemus: 3:47pm On Oct 31, 2022
Nice project.

In a productive country like china or most of asia, this is a $200 million project max, with various operating installations included, in america, depending on speed, this $250 million to $300 million; in Europe, this is a $400 to $450 million project. For us, without the equipment and the expertise, this is suppose to be $750 to $800 million max. And that is still too much.

If we keep on like this, we won't build many projects like we are supposed to. it is good we are building, even if it's one, but let us not let aprico, excess greed, and lack of expertise limit us or restrict us.
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by jobgbemi(m): 3:47pm On Oct 31, 2022
Brendaniel:

But are you aware the Port is not built by Nigeria? But rather, Lagos state?

Why can't Rivers State and those other states do the same..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by OloshoSiofra: 3:47pm On Oct 31, 2022
Sasi54:
I swear the love that I am having for this country is increasing everyday, Nigeria must be great

Kudos to Mr infrastructure cool

His name need not be mentioned cool

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by oneMalik: 3:48pm On Oct 31, 2022
Na Ogun state own tire me o.

see Lagos see Ogun . if you're a new person around I bet you'll never know you're in Ogun state cos of the closeness but since 99 Ogun state has never been able to tap from the glory of Lagos . no road , no security .... just nothing .

DennisEche:
Why always Lagos. Aside Sanwo Olu, Wike, Umahi and Emmanuel Udom all other State Government are useless

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by omonnakoda: 3:50pm On Oct 31, 2022
Brendaniel:

Your problem, I said the simple truth...
More like an impotent rant

It has no more impact than the fart of a mosquito
It will change NOTHING
Instead Lagos will get another port in Badagry

There is no function or equation that links port development in Lagos to that in Akwa Ibom or Delta State.
They are NOT linked in anyway

That a port is completed in Lagos is testament to the successive governments in the State

With all the money that passed through the hands of Governors Ibori, Amaechi,Wike, Akpabio and Udom what is the excuse

The FG gave approval for a port in Akwa Ibom YEARS AGO. Why has it not materialized?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Triangles1(m): 3:50pm On Oct 31, 2022
They say Nigerians are corrupt, how come this one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Gkay1(m): 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2022
Koralords:

Bro tinubu will make a good present he knows how to assemble an winning team
I know tinubu will try but age is not on his side and northeners are very diabolical in term of politics. Tinubu should step down and support or pick a young and vibrant person.
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Wande22(m): 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
Imagine the rubbish that a human being is typing?

Containers are falling in Lagos so containers do not fall in Kano
There is a Juju that makes containers fall in Lagos?

If you do not know what to say keep quiet
The Port was funded 100% by private money and they know where to invest

Congestion has nothing to do with number of ports do educate yourself properly
Lagos is going to get ANOTHER port in Badagry and I hope that does not make you suicidal
while Lagos is blessed with progressives, Dabaru Dapo is really messing things up in Ogun. How I'd wish Makinde or late Ajimobi was Their governor. Btw, the Badagry Port is to be sited at Agbara

1 Like

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by jobgbemi(m): 3:54pm On Oct 31, 2022
Kingcalls:

Stop fooling urself.... do definitely don't know the meaning of the word build .... so lagis was a bush when it was capital... all these children or hungry poor urchins that just came to lagos a couple of years ago sha

But Calabar was a capital too now

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by cliqtips: 3:54pm On Oct 31, 2022
Sasi54:
I swear the love that I am having for this country is increasing everyday, Nigeria must be great

Nigeria would have been one of the best in the world but for her bad leaders
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by ElSudani: 3:56pm On Oct 31, 2022
kenny714433:
wink

Normally this country should be working. Just imagine if we have 3 more seaports in other locations, like 2k+ jobs would have been created both directly and indirectly.

What about steel?
Steel is one of the highly sought materials in any construction both house and roads etc.

Just imagine building a steel factory to serve the need of 200Million Nigerians and export to other African countries.

What about Aluminium?
Check your house, 40% of your house plus kitchen utensils are made of aluminium.

But we have abundance of Iron Ore and Aluminium in their raw state.

Let me not talk of gas and coal for power. Oya, reason am. What's stopping Nigeria from growing if not nepotism?

Mismanagement rather than nepotism. We have steel and aluminum plants that are not working.

4 Likes

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Afamed: 3:56pm On Oct 31, 2022
Sasi54:

May God bless you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Megabig: 3:56pm On Oct 31, 2022
Brendaniel:
They will tag you crazy or something, we all know this, build ports in other places to decongest a city and open up other states that’s how America developed so well.
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Donpaper: 3:58pm On Oct 31, 2022
ryloy:
grin

God Bless Incoming President Bola Tinubu
The Builder of Lagos
If he had used Dubai you would have still complained. Haters must hate

1 Like

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Brendaniel: 3:59pm On Oct 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
More like an impotent rant

It has no more impact than the fart of a mosquito
It will change NOTHING
Instead Lagos will get another port in Badagry

There is no function or equation that links port development in Lagos to that in Akwa Ibom or Delta State.
They are NOT linked in anyway

That a port is completed in Lagos is testament to the successive governments in the State

With all the money that passed through the hands of Governors Ibori, Amaechi,Wike, Akpabio and Udom what is the excuse

The FG gave approval for a port in Akwa Ibom YEARS AGO. Why has it not materialized?

The truth is the FG should have intervened in some of these issues and not wait for the state government since the FG will still be in charge of the ports at the end of the day through customs and NPA, the citizens will still be the ones to benefit regardless of the state, my main point is for the government to make life easier for all Nigerians...

1 Like

Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by Phantom233: 3:59pm On Oct 31, 2022
We have this in other regions just that the FG is frustrating it's functionality. meanwhile 2mrw nairaland illiterate Urchins will say it's Tinubu that built it. grin
Re: Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion by omonnakoda: 4:00pm On Oct 31, 2022
Gkay1:

December 04, 2013 at 5:38 pm

By BEN AGANDE, ABUJA.

The Federal government Wednesday took the initiative to decongest existing ports in the country as it approved a $1.35billion contract for the construction of a new Deep Sea Port in Lekki- Lagos State.

Minister of transport Senator Idris Umar who briefed state house correspondents after the weekly Federal Executive Council meeting said the project which is expected to be completed within the next four years is to constructed under a public private partnership PP arrangement on a concession basis for a period of 45 years after which it will revert to the federal government.

The Minister explained that the federal government has 20 percent equity in the project with Lagos state having 18.5percent equity while the private investors have 61.85 percent stake in the project.

He said “Council approved the issuance of a Guarantee to cover financial obligation of the NPA to pay compensation in the event of expropriation, war, civil disturbance, breach of contract and other event of default as per the concession agreement for the development of the port, as $800million out of the project cost is to be funded through debt financing while the balance of $554.5million is to be contributed by equity.
Rather than quoting without a source tell us the point you are making .
I note you are referencing somthing from 2013 under Jonathan

The reality is that this port

Was delivered by Private money

Neither Lagos State nor the Federal government put in one Naira

Yes GEJ's government made a lot of NOISE about infrastructure like a port at Ibaka, 2nd Niger Bridge Port at Lekki etc none of which m
aterialized

The arrangement here is that Tolaram funded the Port 100%

LASG provided land and was responsible for paying compensation to land owners

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Charly Boy Pictured With Nnamdi Kanu And Other Defendants At FHC, Abuja / Exclusive: President Jonathan Gives Away Ine In Bayelsa | 1st Photos / EFCC Storms Tinubu Polling Unit In Alausa (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.