Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,626 members, 7,820,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. (1272 Views)

Dying Husband Leaves House, Cars For Wife, Gifts His Company & $726m To His Maid / Simi, Others Gift Money To Wife Who Appreciated Her Husband's Christmas Chicken / Man Designs Posters For Wife’s Lover; Says “stop Sleeping With My Wife Or Die On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by Nancyashu(f): 3:24pm On Oct 31, 2022
Hello everyone.

I am a newly married woman of less than 2years, 26weeks pregnant and I'm going through alot.
My husband and I were having a discussion. We have plans of investing together and he has a few assets however i told him that I would want to purchase a land in my own name so as to be financial secure for myself, the family and the children if anything happens in the future.
But he says he wouldn't let that happen and the moment I purchase a land in my own name. He would believe I am asking for a divorce and would divorce me.

Please is it wrong as a wife to have an investment in my own name,at least one?
Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by Justbehave(m): 3:27pm On Oct 31, 2022
Nancyashu:
Hello everyone.

I am a newly married woman of less than 2years, 26weeks pregnant and I'm going through alot.
My husband and I were having a discussion. We have plans of investing together and he has a few assets however i told him that I would want to purchase a land in my own name so as to be financial secure for myself, the family and the children if anything happens in the future.
But he says he wouldn't let that happen and the moment I purchase a land in my own name. He would believe I am asking for a divorce and would divorce me.

Will you be angry if he starts buying assets with only his name?

4 Likes

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by silvoclaira: 3:27pm On Oct 31, 2022
Okay. I am back!

Op, Your husband seems to believe what's his is his and what's yours is should be his.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by Nancyashu(f): 3:31pm On Oct 31, 2022
I want to get just one. Alot of wives hide it o but I don't want to. He has a few and i wouldn't mind having one in my name as well.

1 Like

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by Ybaby: 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2022
Nancyashu:
Hello everyone.

He doesn't have to know. Make sure you have assets. Assets are more reliable than men.

9 Likes

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by Ybaby: 3:39pm On Oct 31, 2022
Nancyashu:
I want to get just one. Alot of wives hide it o but I don't want to. He has a few and i wouldn't mind having one in my name as well.

He has a few not we have a few. He did not put your name !?!

4 Likes

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by Acidosis(m): 3:59pm On Oct 31, 2022
Nancyashu:
Hello everyone.

Anything like what? Death right?

2 Likes

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by Nancyashu(f): 4:07pm On Oct 31, 2022
He had gotten a few before we got married. At the time. I wasn't able to afford one. But now I can, with my own earnings. He hasn't financially supported me since we got married in fact. My mum single handedly sponored my trip to the uk and i have been fending for myself in the uk whilst pregnant. Now that I can, I want to get an investment.

3 Likes

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by Mindlog: 4:14pm On Oct 31, 2022
Nancyashu:
He had gotten a few before we got married. At the time. I wasn't able to afford one. But now I can, with my own earnings. He hasn't financially supported me since we got married in fact. My mum single handedly sponored my trip to the uk and i have been fending for myself in the uk whilst pregnant. Now that I can, I want to get an investment.

Since you both got married, has he acquired assets in his name only?

4 Likes

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by Nancyashu(f): 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2022
He has continued building on this assets. This is something I have been meaning to do even before I got married. I don't think marriage should deter me from achieving a long term goal of mine. I just want to know if it's wrong. Cos regardless of whether I am in a marriage or not, I have the right to financial security as long as I am keeping the goals of my family in check.

3 Likes

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by Starz825(m): 4:25pm On Oct 31, 2022
Nancyashu:
Na this same thing cause fight the other day.... For family section here wey one wifey wan get land give hubby money... hubby pansh 200k for pocket

Women who want asset...no dey tell their husbands....

And they make sure their husbands must not find out...

Na so Dem dey do am...
Na woman little secret...

My uncle wife built a storey building and her husband no know until later later....and he appreciated it by supporting her till she build another one sef......

2 Likes

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by Carcholce: 4:27pm On Oct 31, 2022
Starz825:

Na this same thing cause fight the other day.... For family section here wey one wifey wan get land give hubby money... hubby pansh 200k for pocket

And their husbands must not find out

Na so Dem dey do am...

If he finds out?

1 Like

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by Carcholce: 4:28pm On Oct 31, 2022
Acidosis:

Anything like what? Death right?

Not even death sef, just incase she’s had her fill and decide to move out of the marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by Starz825(m): 4:44pm On Oct 31, 2022
Carcholce:

If he finds out?
Hubby is expected to feel bad when he finds out...shey you get ....
But then ..this is life .....

1 Like

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by Foodqueen(f): 4:51pm On Oct 31, 2022
Shit happens. All these men are not to be trusted

6 Likes

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by ibechris(m): 5:27pm On Oct 31, 2022

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by incandescentena: 5:34pm On Oct 31, 2022
Ybaby:

He doesn't have to know. Make sure you have assets. Assets are more reliable than men.

Assets are more reliable than people like you..BS

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by Ybaby: 5:41pm On Oct 31, 2022
incandescentena:

Assets are more reliable than people like you..BS

Sorry! grin

Pick your feeding bottle up

9 Likes

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by Princessdainty(m): 6:06pm On Oct 31, 2022
Marry a Nigerian man at your own risk.
They are the worst set of enemy of progress in the Black agenda.
Any goal you didn't achieve before marriage, that's the end.
Na housegirl work be that Mrs title

8 Likes

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by Mindlog: 6:23pm On Oct 31, 2022
Nancyashu:
He has continued building on this assets. This is something I have been meaning to do even before I got married. I don't think marriage should deter me from achieving a long term goal of mine. I just want to know if it's wrong. Cos regardless of whether I am in a marriage or not, I have the right to financial security as long as I am keeping the goals of my family in check.

Don't be a bystander, invest also in assets as life is unpredictable.

3 Likes

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by mespusinglez(m): 6:51pm On Oct 31, 2022
IF YOUR HUSBAND SAID NO,THAT IS FINAL...NO FURTHER ARGUMENT...UNLESS YOU WANT A DIVORCE...YOU EITHER BUY IT IN THE FAMILY NAME OR FORGET ABOUT...COZ ONCE NIGERIAN WOMAN GET SMALL POWER NOW SHE GO START TO DEY MISBEHAVE.

4 Likes

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by Nancyashu(f): 7:00pm On Oct 31, 2022
Honestly I'm not scared of divorce. Just needed to hear some other opinions. Today, it's buying a landed property, tomorrow it will be something.
I'd rather be financially secure. Marriage is not a do or die affair. Thanks

7 Likes

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by ObalendeCMS: 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2022
My mom once bought a land codedly without letting my late step dad know about. Time con reach when some people try to take the land from my mom, she had no option but to involve my step dad(late). Guess what the wicked man did? He made sure my mom lost the land out of whatever reasons best known to him. I’m sure youre guess is good as mine: she did not carry him along from the beginning.
Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by Justbehave(m): 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2022
ibechris:
Your husband is educated and still behaves like this.

Now,I see why so many women hide almost everything from their husbands in Nigeria.

Insecure men here and there.

Let me give u am example.
My wife's salary is three times bigger than my own yet,I bought a Land in her name. I don't feel jealous because she is my wife. And I don't ask her for her salary because my side hustle generates a net of about 2million monthly.

Some men should grow up and be thankful for having a wife that opens up like the woman here.

Audio millionaire. You make more than 2 million naira every month from your side huztle and yet your wife's salary is 3 times bigger than yours. Make Una take am easy dey lie Shaa oo.So you and your wife makes more than 8 million naira every month?

3 Likes

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by ibechris(m): 9:13pm On Oct 31, 2022
Justbehave:
Audio millionaire. You make more than 2 million naira every month from your side huztle and yet your wife's salary is 3 times bigger than yours. Make Una take am easy dey lie Shaa oo.

Mr.man Keep quiet.
Everyone must not be poor like u. I am just 39 years old and a father of three. There are many young men,i mean very young men and women that I know are here that are making 4million per month and I am still fighting to be there.

I know it shocked u and makes u wonder if this is possible...u can chose to doubt it but that is your business okey. Life is alll about risk and that earns me alot. I don't need to show u evidence as u may not sleep to night.

Don't under rate yourself u can earn even more than me only if u could ask...but I seriously doubt u.

After calling me audio,i am sure the money will not live my account to yours.

Many young men don't belive in legit ways of earning income that is why u still doubt if there are legitimate hustlers.

My advice is:
Change your environment and start thinking afresh.

Start with whatever u have and have a goal for yourself

And may God bless u.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by Vision101(m): 12:01am On Nov 01, 2022
You live abroad. I can understand. That's how Nigerian women abroad think.

The man has given you two options....invest in family name and you have your marriage....invest in your name and you have a divorce.

Choose one and case closed.

4 Likes

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:24am On Nov 01, 2022
Nancyashu:
Hello everyone.

you have good idea to secure the your future and kids but i think the way you presented it was wrong, most african dont think of securing the future of their children and wife after their are gone, they usually put the investment in one port through this name and it gets mess when is no more usually his relatives takes over and the rest is history

You could said you want to buy the land and put in the childrens name and the moment you mention your name he might think you want to kill him etc. Some men are just jealousy to his wife develop or living a legacy for her children under her own name, for her children who are also his children.

Most widow who are suffering is becoz invested in his name only and when he died family took over or chased her away. Few were left with legacy and blow it away

Its very funny, i hear lots of men here saying they will do anything for their mother because she suffered in providing for them but the monemt his own wife say he wants to invest in her name, you go crazy if she doesnt plan for a future without you (through death or even divorce ) your kids and her will suffer just like your mother did.

Very few woman fail to look after their own child, so if wife if left with both your legacy as man ( without drama from relatives) and her lagecy, the kids future is in safe hands, Most mem rush to think that she will eat my money with boyfriends etc but if she wise enough to think of the future she roughly wise to see, a man chasing her for her money.

The same unsuffering that you dont want your mother go through becoz of poor planning of your father for whatever reason, is the same you shouldnt want for your own wife and kids

1 Like

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by culf: 12:46am On Nov 01, 2022
Starz825:

And they make sure their husbands must not find out...

Na so Dem dey do am...
Na woman little secret...

My uncle wife built a storey building and her husband no know until later later....and he appreciated it by supporting her till she build another one sef......

your uncle is an exception, asked very well, most men, the day they find out, marriage ends.
Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by Kobojunkie: 12:49am On Nov 01, 2022
Nancyashu:
No matter what, please endeavor to get as much as you can in your name, as you say, for your children's sake. undecided

1 Like

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by Mindlog: 1:19am On Nov 01, 2022
Vision101:
You live abroad. I can understand. That's how Nigerian women abroad think.

The man has given you two options....invest in family name and you have your marriage....invest in your name and you have a divorce.

Choose one and case closed.

Threaten a Nigerian woman living abroad with divorce, especially one her family sponsored her going there.......this must be a joke. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Wahala For Wife Who Wants To Get An Investment. by Starz825(m): 3:03am On Nov 01, 2022
culf:

your uncle is an exception, asked very well, most men, the day they find out, marriage ends.
He is rich na why....

If na poor man ... omooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Drama As Pastor Snatches And Impregnates Choir Master’s Wife In Ekiti / Bridesmaid / Woman Gives Birth To Snake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.