Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi (40476 Views)

Naira Redesign: Emefiele Deceived Buhari - Oshiomhole (Video) / Sunday Igboho's Bullet Proof With Arabic Inscription On It (Pictures) / Why Ganduje Removed Sanusi As Emir - Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by oshozondii: 5:52pm On Oct 31, 2022
Former Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi, has assured that the Arabic inscription in the naira notes would not be removed from the redesigned currency.

Sanusi claimed the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, Governor, Godwin Emefiele assured him the Arabic inscription would not be removed from the redesigned notes.

Last week, the CBN announced it has redesigned the N100, N200, and N1000 notes, which will come into effect, December 5th, 2022.

Mixed reactions greeted CBN’s announcement as some Islamic scholars alleged that redesigning the naira was a plot to remove the Islamic inscription.

Amid suspicion by Islamic scholars, some Nigerians urged the apex bank to remove the inscription from the redesigned naira.

Reacting, Sanusi urged Islamic leaders to verify their information and stop unsubstantiated claims.

There has been speculation going round about the change of some naira notes. I heard various scholars commenting, with some implying that the Ajami on the naira notes would be removed.

Since the issue came up, we have spoken to some people in the Central Bank, and they confirmed to me that such a plan is non-existent.

When the misconception became widespread, I spoke to the CBN governor himself, and he also confirmed to me that there is no plan whatsoever to remove the Ajami.

So, I want to appeal to Islamic scholars to please stop acting on unsubstantiated reports,” he told Daily Nigerian.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/10/31/naira-redesign-emefiele-confirmed-arabic-inscription-wont-be-removed-sanusi/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1667234745

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by harmargedon: 5:54pm On Oct 31, 2022
Who cares

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Moh247: 5:54pm On Oct 31, 2022
cool

What you guys call Arabic is simply Hausa language using Arabic alphabet

You can use Arabic alphabet to write English sentences, like Anglo-Arabic words, and an Arab won't even know what you are saying

You can write Ibo in Arabic and only an Ibo would understand what you wrote

You can use, Shorthand alphabet, Chinese Mandarin, Russian, Hebrew or Latin alphabet to spell anything you like in any language .. you can use roman numerals if you like

English alphabet : Mohammad

Arabic alphabet : مُحَمَّد

Chinese Mandarin alphabet : 穆哈馬德

India/Bangladesh alphabet : মুহাম্মাদ

133 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by SadiqBabaSani: 5:56pm On Oct 31, 2022
A language should be understood to enable us know what is been said

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Michelle70(m): 5:57pm On Oct 31, 2022
I think its better not to remove it.

The muslims will not be happy with such development.

Na the value be the koko

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by festacman(m): 6:01pm On Oct 31, 2022
Keep the Arabic or even add Latin but let the value of Naira rise. We need it badly.

126 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by zeuss: 6:05pm On Oct 31, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Therefore hausa is the only language in NIGERIA worthy to be on the currency also represented in the characters of the islamic language of worship......thus u see nothing wrong with muslim muslim ticket or Muslim to Muslim arrangement.
This will end soon.

263 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Moh247: 6:09pm On Oct 31, 2022
zeuss:

Therefore hausa is the only language in NIGERIA worthy to be on the currency also represented the the islamic language of worship......thus u see nothing wrong with muslim muslim ticket.
This will end soon.

If you can as well see denomination written in Yoruba and Igbo using English alphabet

Arabic is a Language, there are christians who are Arab and read their bible in Arabic, you can set your phone to Arabic if you wish

And no Arabic is not the same as Islam

Islam is a religion and Arabic is a language with its own alphabet

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:12pm On Oct 31, 2022
Moh247:

If you can as well see denomination written in Yoruba and Igbo using English alphabet

Arabic is a Language, there are christians who are Arab and read their bible in Arabic, you can set your phone to Arabic if you wish

And no Arabic is not the same as Islam

Islam is a religion
For your mind you have done your job of defending nonsense as usual

176 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 31, 2022
What use is any language On a currently useless currency?
All that brought this useless administration deserve the hangers

Atiku is coming

2 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Islandlady(f): 6:23pm On Oct 31, 2022
Moh247:

Mrs White Jesus Colonized religious bigot

Shua Arabs in Northern Nigeria all speak Arabic as first language

Northern Nigeria which has 100 citizens learns Arabic through Almajiri education first before western education so Arabic is one of their major lingua franca

Many brainwashed black morronns
Have you slammed your head 5 times today? I guess so!

Anyways, I don't have a religion...I can never be brainwashed by any white or Arab men religion! Swerve Abeg and stop justify rubbish ontop the useless Naira!

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Moh247: 6:26pm On Oct 31, 2022
Islandlady:
Have you slammed your head 5 times today? I guess so!

Anyways, I don't have a religion...I can never be brainwashed by any white or Arab men religion! Swerve Abeg and stop justify rubbish onto the useless Naira!

Nonsense and ingredients

If he pain you, go and give head five times

Obasanjo who was the president when this note where designed was a Christian, the CBN Governor was a Christian

But as usual awon SoroSoke Generation without enough IQ must try to link a universal language spoken in subsaharan Africa, Northern Africa , Middle East and Asia to a particular Religion while they worship their colonial masters language

Shioo!!! Mscheew!!! Abeg getat!!

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Googledotcom: 6:30pm On Oct 31, 2022
Why can't the design carry the Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba inscription instead of some fvcked up Arabic shit I can't understand ?

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by SmartPolician: 6:37pm On Oct 31, 2022
Serious people are concerned about the fast depreciation of naira, some Islamic scholars are more worried about Emefiele maintaining Arabic inscription. Misplaced priority.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by slivertongue: 7:14pm On Oct 31, 2022
"I want to appeal to Islamic scholars to please stop acting on unsubstantiated reports,”

That's they inflated the importance of the disaster in power.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by beerfraud: 7:27pm On Oct 31, 2022
IPOB terrorists would not wail over this now because they don't want to offend Fulani just because of the zoo presidency

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by aristocratic5(m): 7:28pm On Oct 31, 2022
Wetin concern me
Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Emu4life(m): 7:29pm On Oct 31, 2022
zeuss:

Therefore hausa is the only language in NIGERIA worthy to be on the currency also represented the the islamic language of worship......thus u see nothing wrong with muslim muslim ticket.
This will end soon.
This is why Obi will lose

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by GodHatesJews: 7:30pm On Oct 31, 2022
Moh247:
cool

You can use Arabic alphabet to write English sentences, like Anglo-Arabic words, and an Arab won't even know what you are saying

While I see nothing wrong in Arabic language on our notes, you lied about it being Hausa language.

Its pure Arabic which the north has been using since the 10th century .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by excanny: 7:31pm On Oct 31, 2022
Moh247:
cool

We know it’s Hausa.

Why cany it be written in Latin alphabet, what’s wrong in simply writing Naira Dari? That every Nigerian can read.

How many Nigerians can read Arabic inscriptions?

How will it feel like writing Naira Ogorun in Hebrew inscriptions on our currencies?

39 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Emu4life(m): 7:31pm On Oct 31, 2022
Googledotcom:
Why can't the design carry the Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba inscription instead of some fvcked up Arabic shit I can't understand ?
It is called Ajami. Northerners have been reading and writing before colonial period(1700s) . This is the alphabets they use. It is more cultural than religious.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Moh247: 7:32pm On Oct 31, 2022
GodHatesJews:

While I see nothing wrong in Arabic language on our notes, you lied about it being Hausa language.

Its pure Arabic which the north has been using since the 10th century .

Just ask any Hausa speaking person who can read Arabic or Google search Anglo-Arabic alphabet and read for yourself

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by excanny: 7:32pm On Oct 31, 2022
Emu4life:
It is called Ajami. Northerners have been reading and writing before colonial period(1700s) . This is the alphabets they use. It is more cultural than religious.

Hebrew inscriptions will soon be added.

12 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by zeuss: 7:38pm On Oct 31, 2022
Emu4life:

This is why Obi will lose

I am not even thinking of Obi....Obi will be an easy way out though....... injustice and wickedness has a way of bringing out the hero in the oppressed at the right time .........Good always overcomes evil.

Heads or tails your the ultimate loser at the end...... darkness will always be conquered by light.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by mytime24(f): 8:01pm On Oct 31, 2022
Someone mistakenly called my number thinking I'm her manager at work and he is asking for a day off duty. I gave him one week off duty. I understand that there's too much stress in this regime, He needs to rest

17 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Jnkay: 8:15pm On Oct 31, 2022
Hahaha! Funny how this politicians are so goosey about the inscription on the notes than the value of the notes. Religion is the perpetual energy of this country

2 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Jnkay: 8:16pm On Oct 31, 2022
Hahaha! Funny how these politicians are so goosey about the inscription on the notes than the value of the notes. Religion is the perpetual energy of this country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Kagd10: 8:34pm On Oct 31, 2022
Moh247:

Nonsense and ingredients

If he pain you, go and give head five times

Obasanjo who was the president when this note where designed was a Christian, the CBN Governor was a Christian

But as usual awon SoroSoke Generation without enough IQ must try to link a universal language spoken in subsaharan Africa, Northern Africa , Middle East and Asia to a particular Religion while they worship their colonial masters language

Shioo!!! Mscheew!!! Abeg getat!!

Arabs were colonists in the North Africans and even treated the Blacks worse than the English colonist counterparts. It was from their colonisation of North Africa that Islam spread to some Northern Nigerians who traded with them. High time people differentiated between foreign religion/cultural practise transported and their heritage tbh because Blacks are no Arabs. They're not Jews either.

I have no problem with the British colonial language which is part of the history of Nigeria since they colonized Nigeria and the fact that they are no more colonizing Nigerians. It also help since it's the world's universal language and since the Blacks tend to travel abroad such as USA, Germany etc which have no problem with the Blacks, it's quite helpful to navigate around. Point is the Arabs didn't colonize Nigeria. Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo and English should be what should be on the currency. Blacks are no Arabs. Nigerians are no Arabs! In fact, with the way Saudi Arabia are treating the Blacks recently, I don't see why any Blacks should honour their language..

That being said, if only all these will even increase the value of Naira sef.

44 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Buhari Broke His Ramadan Fast With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi / Sowore: "I Carried A Goat Tagged GEJ's Name At Occupy Nigeria" — Comrade Buska / Court Sacks Alex Otti, Assembly Candidates In Kano/Abia, Apapa Faction Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.