Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,163 members, 7,821,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi (40485 Views)

Naira Redesign: Emefiele Deceived Buhari - Oshiomhole (Video) / Sunday Igboho's Bullet Proof With Arabic Inscription On It (Pictures) / Why Ganduje Removed Sanusi As Emir - Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Shadysen: 10:08pm On Oct 31, 2022
tsdarkside:

look at you....shey we even care about english sef....??
be honest....

how many of you even speak english like english people....??
as long as you can care about your terrorist arabic langauge.
Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by benqo01(m): 10:13pm On Oct 31, 2022
So Arabic inscription on the naira note is now the main problem of the Northerners not the suffering,well am not surprised sha

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 31, 2022
Housing:

Hausa people qrites in Arabic transliteration of Hausa Language. The alphabets are Arabic but the words and language is purely Hausa that can't even be understood by an Arab except he knows how to speak Hausa Language.
Thank you. Ok, now I understand why it's there on our currency. Recently I did Master degree in Wales, same thing is applicable there. Although, their basic language is English, but their major other language is Welsh. Every child from Wales first language of learning is Welsh, before going further to learn English. I think same thing applies to every child in the north, not just almajiri as people claim. They learn Arabic first, before English.

You know ignorant is lack of knowledge of a thing. So, please don't argue, rather, educate, just as you have done to me now. Thank you once more. Good night!

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Enimin: 10:20pm On Oct 31, 2022
Moh247:

If you can as well see denomination written in Yoruba and Igbo using English alphabet

Arabic is a Language, there are christians who are Arab and read their bible in Arabic, you can set your phone to Arabic if you wish

And no Arabic is not the same as Islam

Islam is a religion and Arabic is a language with its own alphabet

Yeah, the number system in use worldwide is Arabic, i.e. 1 through 10/0

But the quesion is why are Islamic scholars in hysterics over the issue? Because even they think it's tied to their religion.

Sanusi knows the truth but notice how slyly he refrained from explaining the issue properly. That's the tragedy of Nigeria, when the political class continuously manipulate religion and it's numerous obscure nuances toward their own pecuniary motives irrespective of the resultant amount of violence & bloodshed.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Neocotez(m): 10:41pm On Oct 31, 2022
I don't care

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by AerialMapper: 10:47pm On Oct 31, 2022
We should be worrying more about the value of the currency and not whether Arabic or Ajami or whatever gibberish is written on the notes.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Rotji(m): 11:04pm On Oct 31, 2022
Does the inscription add to the value of the naira, what's the much ado about it

They are rather enslaving themselves to something that doesn't add value to the life of the country. Rather it's agony, destruction and divisiveness.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Dpundict: 11:14pm On Oct 31, 2022
They should replace it with 'Chinese Inscription' because we are not an Islamic Republic and they that govern have milked China financially to loot
Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Ken4Christ: 11:49pm On Oct 31, 2022
They should not complain one day when Hebrew language is inscribed on our Naira notes.
Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by chatinent: 11:50pm On Oct 31, 2022
Arabic dey for the legal tender, e dey for Nigerian Army logo.

Shey you dey whine me ni?
Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by zeuss: 12:08am On Nov 01, 2022
Starhearts:

Wetin u dey use ur brain think...

The surname Ajami or al-Ajami has origins in d Middle East nd is prevalent in Arabic speaking countries.

Derived from Ajam.......

It is an Arabic word meaning mute, which today refers to someone whose mother tongue is not Arabic.

Why must you have Arabic characters on the naira? In schools Nigerian languages including hausa are taught with latin English letters which is the official language in Nigeria.
Must you have it all to be satisfied especially when you bring absolutely nothing but backwardness and negative sentiments?
Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by zeuss: 12:11am On Nov 01, 2022
arthurwillia:
Arabic na hausa lol get sense bro
It is Hausa language written in Arabic characters.....MUMU
Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by luizpippo(m): 12:12am On Nov 01, 2022
Moh247:

Mrs White Jesus Colonized religious bigot

Shua Arabs in Northern Nigeria all speak Arabic as first language

Northern Nigeria which has 100 citizens learns Arabic through Almajiri education first before western education so Arabic is one of their major lingua franca

Many brainwashed black morronns

If an adult can't differentiate between a language and a religion then such a person is a waste to our civilization

Arabic is your major lingua franca?

Who is this clown?

From Kebbi, to Sokoto, Gusau to Katsina to Kaduna to Niger to Kano to Bauchi to Yola to Nasarawa, i am yet to meet two Northerners conversing in Arabic.

Aside those children humming in mosques, which is basically an Islamic thing.

Note, i have lived in the listed places for at least 2 weeks each, some months and some a year plus.
Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by zeuss: 12:14am On Nov 01, 2022
Moh247:

If you can as well see denomination written in Yoruba and Igbo using English alphabet

Arabic is a Language, there are christians who are Arab and read their bible in Arabic, you can set your phone to Arabic if you wish

Lies.....only a few denominations have ibo and Yoruba written in English characters ..but all the denominations have arabic characters in hausa, check the 1k note.

I prefer Chinese language to Arabic.....both language have no place in the constitution...so what is you point aside having you way at the expense of equity fairness and consideration of others?

As a good Muslim in what language do you learn and worship?

The injustice in this country is just unbelievable and in the "your face impunity" is terrorising....always glaring.... consolation for us is that bad things have an expiration date.
Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by kshowhanif: 12:31am On Nov 01, 2022
Moh247:

You see this kind of threat is why I want Nigeria to split, so that we can clearly see if other part of the country won't survive if yhe southeast get their biafra.
Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by latolz: 1:00am On Nov 01, 2022
Nothing religious should be on the note simple
Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by P1PrinceKT(m): 2:45am On Nov 01, 2022
Ken4Christ:
They should not complain one day when Hebrew language is inscribed on our Naira notes.

The time is not far from now, I don't think Muslims are saddist like we are.
Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Image123(m): 5:22am On Nov 01, 2022
Oh, so Sanusi can actually make a call to Emefiele to ensure that the Arabic is on the naira note. i thought his hands were tied all these while and that he could only grumble from outside. See these our leaders ehn, no kill yourself based on what they say.
Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by miketayo(m): 5:38am On Nov 01, 2022
Moh247:

Mrs White Jesus Colonized religious bigot

Shua Arabs in Northern Nigeria all speak Arabic as first language

Northern Nigeria which has 100 citizens learns Arabic through Almajiri education first before western education so Arabic is one of their major lingua franca

Many brainwashed black morronns

If an adult can't differentiate between a language and a religion then such a person is a waste to our civilization

Done saying your rubbish? Which Arabic can they speak, asides the recitations for prayers they don't know the language. I happen to know this during nysc service.
Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by miketayo(m): 5:39am On Nov 01, 2022
heysquare:

If you'd reason well you will understand that English is for Christians brought by British while Arabic is for Muslims brought by Arabs . So if Arabic should be removed then English too

Latin is for Christians not English
Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Nobody: 5:46am On Nov 01, 2022
Reading the comments, it amuses me that people think that Arabic is a Muslim language., used by Muslims only. (I'm sure the millions of Arab speaking christians, who use Arabic in worship and in their bibles would be surprised.).

It is kind of saying that Hindi is a language used by Hindus only, or Chinese is a language used by Chinese only.

Anyway, the 'Arabic inscrpition' is Hausa written in Arabic script. It isn't Arabic, it isn't a Quranic verse (which would be longer than normal), it is the Hausa language.

A lot of languages, including African languages like Swahilli, were first written down in Arabic script. That was because it was the only writing system avaialable in some areas for years. (Yes, we had writing systems like the Vai in Liberia, and Nsidibi in the SE...but those did not come into wide usage).

An Arab won't be able to read the language on our naira notes at all....same as he won't be able to read Ferouz in the original Persian...because it is written in Persian in arabic script...it would sound gibberish. Like me trying to read Latvian in Latin script....

The problem really isn't the script. It is the fact that Nigeria runs a share the cake economy, and those who fight over the cake, use all sorts of methods, scaremongering included....to keep people in line.
Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Nobody: 5:53am On Nov 01, 2022
miketayo:

Latin is for Christians not English

Latin is a pagan language, if we want to use your reasoning(It was spoken by the Romans, who worshipped a lot of gods like Mars, Ares, Jupiter, Minerva, and Diana)...plus most of the early christians used 1) Aramaic, and 2) Greek (Koine Greek). Most versions of the New testament were written in Greek...the first definitve translations into Latin came centuries later.(The original greeks were pagans as well, ditto Aramaic speakers)3.Hebrew

Finally there is no 'CHRISTIAN' language. A lot of christians...most christians, use differeint languages. The Arabic sphere has millions of christians who use Arabic in worship and reading the bible. Neither is there a Muslim language either (Muslims use Arabic as a litturgical language...same as Coptic christians who use Copitc...which is descended from Ancient Egyptian..which was used by people who were pagan and worshipped a high number of gods, like Anubis, Seth, and and so on)
Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Emu4life(m): 5:55am On Nov 01, 2022
zeuss:

I am not even thinking of Obi....Obi will be an easy way out though....... injustice and wickedness has a way of bringing out the hero in the oppressed at the right time .........Good always overcomes evil.

Heads or tails your the ultimate loser at the end...... darkness will always be conquered by light.
You talk too much
Re: Naira Redesign: Emefiele Confirmed Arabic Inscription Won’t Be Removed – Sanusi by Emu4life(m): 6:00am On Nov 01, 2022
excanny:

Hebrew inscriptions will soon be added.
And not a single fvck was given.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others / El-Rufai's Convoy: Ugezu J Ugezu 'A Door Opener For The Main Door Opener'(Video) / Vice President Shettima Commissions Geometric Power Plant In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.