Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

There Be Dragons - The Movie - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / There Be Dragons - The Movie (1158 Views)

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) / The Movie Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Be Dragons - The Movie by Kaychiuka: 2:50pm On Aug 21, 2011
Hi everyone,
There Be Dragons, a movie by acclaimed director Roland Joffe (The Mission, The Killing Fields) will premiere in Nigeria on September 15, 2011.
You can see a trailer of the movie @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwgo9sldmwU

The movie will be in theatres starting September 16, 2011.

According to Roland Joffe, the film is 'an epic action, adventure and love story set in the Spanish Civil war. It deals with friendship, love, and forgiveness. It will not leave you indifferent. The film’s message is that nothing can change the past, but forgiveness can change the future.'

I will keep you posted.

Kaycee

Re: There Be Dragons - The Movie by peterquid: 6:26pm On Aug 21, 2011
Why is it called there be dragons? I like the reconciliation and forgiveness part.
Re: There Be Dragons - The Movie by agboifo(f): 9:23am On Aug 22, 2011
peterquid:

Why is it called there be dragons?.

Maybe there is Juju!
Re: There Be Dragons - The Movie by Kaychiuka: 3:01pm On Aug 22, 2011
"There be dragons" is a derivation of "here there be dragons" which in Latin is "hic sunt dracones", an ancient way of denoting in maps a place where there is danger, or an unknown place, a place to be explored.

The title refers to the film's theme, which explores the unknown territories of hatred, guilt, and forgiveness.
Re: There Be Dragons - The Movie by FastDebrid: 4:33pm On Aug 23, 2011
Wow! I'm so excited to see this movie. I think it's gonna be a big hit. I can't wait to see it! Please keep us posted. Thank you big time!! cheesy
Re: There Be Dragons - The Movie by Kaychiuka: 5:17pm On Aug 26, 2011
Following its premiere, There Be Dragons will be showing at the cinemas below from the 16th of September, 2011.

Lagos

Silverbird Cinema
133, Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island

Ozone Cinema
Domino Stores, Commercial Avenue, Yaba

Genesis Deluxe Cinemas
The Palms, Lekki

Abuja

Silverbird Cinema (SEC)
Plot 1161, Memorial Drive, By Musa Yar'adua Centre, Central Business District

Silverbird Cinema (Ceddi Plaza)
Plot 264, Tafawa Balewa Way, Central Business District

Port Harcourt

Silverbird Cinema
Former Obi Wali Cultural Centre, Mile 1, Diobu
Re: There Be Dragons - The Movie by igahdavid(m): 10:32pm On Aug 30, 2011
naija 2 much o
i bought a dvd selection with this movie in it (original - no be cinema dub). didnt even know its a new film.
an interesting film though, watched like 2 times before i understood it
Re: There Be Dragons - The Movie by umunnatim(m): 7:30am On Aug 31, 2011
Is Uniben Post graduate Form out?
Re: There Be Dragons - The Movie by Tinaz: 8:19am On Aug 31, 2011
I also like watching this movie very much.
Re: There Be Dragons - The Movie by Kaychiuka: 2:09pm On Sep 01, 2011
Hello Everyone,

It is September 1, 2011. Our countdown to the premiere of There Be Dragons starts.

Some information about the movie:

1. The movie stars Charlie Cox (Stardust and Casanova), Wes Bentley (American Beauty and Ghost Rider), Rodrigo Santoro (300 and I Love You Phillip Morris), Derek Jacobi (I, Claudius and Little Dorrit), Geraldine Chaplin (Talk to her), Golshifteh Farahani (Body of Lies and Darbareye Elly), Dougray Scott (Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Desperate Housewives), Olga Kurylenko (Quantum of Solace and Max Payne), Unax Ugalde (Che Part 1: The Argentine and Bon Appétit) and Lily Cole (Rage and The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus).
Re: There Be Dragons - The Movie by Kaychiuka: 10:22am On Sep 05, 2011
Looking for resources about the movie, then visit www.dragonsresources.com

(1) (Reply)

D'banj's Oliver Twist Banned! / Five Reasons You Should (NOT) Watch Jim Iyke's Reality Show / Gotv Is Giving Away Free Walkas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.