Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) (24623 Views)

Nigerian Dragons Den Help / Uba & The Dragons Den Tussle. / Dragons Den Nigeria: A Timely & Worthy Gesture! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by advocate666: 1:13pm On Oct 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zumkSeC2u3M

Please moderator, this is my thread. If you don't like it, start your own.

7 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by kodewrita(m): 1:39pm On Oct 26, 2012
You are not going to go far in this life with this attitude.

Anyone who read the subject of this thread would think she was a beggar on the street not knowing she was actually speaking with investors for a business idea.

And in fact she was impressive enough that at the end of the day they invested in her and in her business idea.

Stay there in nigeria yapping your mouth about someone who got more than 50000 pounds (N12,500,000) to launch her business idea.

8 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:46pm On Oct 26, 2012
Poor poster hating on the rich.

Even if she don't have cash,her idea alone can fetch millions of pounds.

You stay there with mtn easy go easy win.

3 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Aniah4u: 1:50pm On Oct 26, 2012
coolThere are different categories of beggars. Even the FG begs.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by sparklebug: 2:42pm On Oct 26, 2012
I love her pitch! And I'm really inspired just listening to her.

8 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by SlyIg(f): 2:43pm On Oct 26, 2012
This is called big time begging not what is done on the Nigerian street?
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Standing5(m): 2:45pm On Oct 26, 2012
Advocate66, take am easy na . . . Atleast she is ready to put in some (good) work.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Skywalker5(m): 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2012
The poster na real Ode. Your mates are starting business and going into entrepreneurship, you are here on Nairaland beefing,saying she is begging for money.

5 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by CuntDestroyer: 4:16pm On Oct 26, 2012
Sky-walker:
The poster na real Ode. Your mates are starting business and going into entrepreneurship, you are here on Nairaland beefing,saying she is begging for money.
OP got it right. With her education she shuld pitch her portfolio to investors or a loan manager at least. Yes she is begging
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Skywalker5(m): 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2012
CuntDestroyer: OP got it right. With her education she shuld pitch her portfolio to investors or a loan manager at least. Yes she is begging

How did the op get it? You think she went there to get £50,000 or to make contact. Did you not see she picked who she wanted at the end?

You think every successful business is all about money? or you were hoping for her to start the website in Naija?

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by lagcity(m): 4:38pm On Oct 26, 2012
advocate666: We are not talking of anybody's daughter here.

This is Chief MKO Abiola himself. The Bill Gates of yorubaland.
ITT Vice President, Africa and Middle-East
Chairman ITT Nigeria LTD
Founder of Abiola Farms, Abiola bookshops, Radio Communications Nigeria, Wonder bakeries, Concord Press, Concord Airlines, Summit oil international ltd, Africa Ocean lines, Habib Bank, Decca W.A. ltd, and Abiola football club.
Chairman of the G15 business council, President of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, Patron of the Kwame Nkrumah Foundation, Patron of the WEB Du Bois foundation, trustee of the Martin Luther King foundation and director of the International Press Institute.
Conferred with 197 traditional titles by 68 different communities in Nigeria
His financial assistance resulted in the construction of 63 secondary schools, 121 mosques and churches, 41 libraries, 21 water projects in 24 states of Nigeria

The Aare Ona Kakanfo of yorubaland.

What happenned to all the family money? Yoruba PEOPLE!

His daughter is begging for £50000 in UK.
Half a day fasting by GEJ will pay double that amount. So put it in perspective. Not that big an amount. Won't even buy a good 4x4.

Ppl like u never amount to anything because they always depend on parents' money. That young lady will continue to self-motivate and pull herself up by her bootstraps while your pathetic family continues to gossip and wither away from kwashiorkor. U were probably a kwashiorkor baby who couldn't get enough nutrition for your brain grin

30 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by edogirl2: 4:55pm On Oct 26, 2012
Well done girl!

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by nduchucks: 5:30pm On Oct 26, 2012
After Abiola raked in billions from the ITT scheme without giving us anything in return. One would think he would have made provisions for all his children so that seed money, as his daughter is making a pitch for here, should not be a problem for anyone of his children. Dan Barawo

4 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by semid4lyfe(m): 5:32pm On Oct 26, 2012
She gats pause and "give herself brain" to answer the question on her father cool

Very nice pitch, I'm impressed cheesy
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by dare2think: 5:35pm On Oct 26, 2012
CuntDestroyer: OP got it right. With her education she shuld pitch her portfolio to investors or a loan manager at least. Yes she is begging

So Mr Genius, what is she doing ??

4 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by MaxMoney(m): 5:37pm On Oct 26, 2012
Good for her. Hussling things...
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by tucker12(m): 5:41pm On Oct 26, 2012
Super.. this is breathtaking. I wish lots of our nigerian youths can be poised with self confidence and presentation skills.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Nasri100(m): 5:41pm On Oct 26, 2012
Stupid! You guys just started arguing like that smh
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by topsyking: 5:42pm On Oct 26, 2012
Some pple on nairaland r just annoying and stup**id...sey what is wrong with going to a show for pple to invest in ur idea...Or u guys forget when OSAZE ODenwingwe nigeria player sister came to dragon den in lagos to request for money..will u call her a beggar cos her brother is a billionaire...everybody has to work for his own money...

2 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2012
Class warfare initiated by the never-do-wells.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by obailala(m): 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2012
How I just love it when children of the rich strive to carve out an empire of their own from scratch without having to depend on family wealth. Very impressive!

8 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by chic2pimp(m): 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2012
Shey Nah Dupe una dey call Dupsy?

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2012
Some stupid comments here..........

This is not begging, this is a bright woman pitching her ideas to investors..... If you go to banks to ask for Money to set up a business, do you term it begging?

When you pitch your ideas to them, they then ask for equity. This implies that they own a percentage of your business. How is this begging?

When I first watched the show, I saw a bright, smart, eloquent and articulate woman. A woman most men would like to have as their daughter. While some of her female colleagues are looking for Yahoo Yahoo boys to marry, she has chosen to set up her own law firm.

Only an I.diot on Nairaland sees a beggar.

7 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Siga: 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2012
Seems I'm missing soemthing here....OP, u don edit this thing? Cos I dont see wetin dem say u talk....

2 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Siga: 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ha ba OP............I just read wetin u put ....how can u say this now....Even Steve Jobs pitches his ideas to investors....even my very good friend Mark of Facebook ....dey pitch....wetin wrong with that..... see...lack of education no good oooo....Seun....u need to start screening people before dem post rubb.ish ontop ur business....and come to think of it...u make this guy moderator....Besides...dont u know going on shows like this make people know about ur business, even if dem no invest in ur business....na free ad my guy....

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 26, 2012
There is no place as misleading as nairaland. The mods are a representation of what El rufia was talking about.
Any thing to draw traffic is allowed even if it has a misleading caption
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by kevoh(m): 6:06pm On Oct 26, 2012
Why was Dragon's den even stopped in Nigeria? We need shows like this to motivate/encourage our unemployed graduates that there is still hope if you are innovative enough not maltina dancehall,nigerian idol, Big Brother Africa (this one annoys me the most).

3 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Olaone1: 6:07pm On Oct 26, 2012
Dupe or Dupsy.

Thank God Abiola was very popular. She'd have changed her surname as well. Abiosy or something along that line. undecided
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by bigx(m): 6:11pm On Oct 26, 2012
The poster, and his co-horts have a very disgusting mindset. They're the problems with Nigeria.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 10 Korean Words You'll Always Hear In A Kdrama / Price Hike: Dstv Shuns Court Injunction, Retains New Rates / Kechi Okwuchi Is A Finalist On America's Got Talent 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.