Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,186 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment (264289 Views)

Premium Trust 2022 Graduate Trainee Program: Apply / Firstbank 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment: Aptitude Test Invitation / 2022 Graduate Trainee Program At Sterling Bank Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by ADream: 8:38pm On Feb 04, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Not sure we'd meet in person o! Cos my current work schedule has somewhat negatively affected my social life as I work "graveyard" shifts.

It is all good
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Nabzi6: 9:31pm On Feb 04, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Hahahahahahahahaha....I didn't say "eat very well" o. I'm it saying, don't starve yourself. I remember eating Lunch and taking very tiny servings even though hunger was dancing amapiano in my stomach. But yes, have a fairly decent breakfast. You'd most likely be doing the AC at a very high brow hotel (they rented two floors at Eko Hotel for two weeks straight for the Lagos AC. For PH folks, it was Hotel Presidential. Can't remember the Abuja venue). many of us had our best suits on grin

Also, expect the AC to be a "whole day". I don't think we finished before 4pm and everyone (or me at least) left the venue drained.

Omo i no get suit ooo grin , i hope say they won't penalize us for wearing decent casual
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Raheeqilmaktoom: 9:53pm On Feb 04, 2023
Nabzi6:

Omo i no get suit ooo grin , i hope say they won't penalize us for wearing decent casual

Even if na the sabinus type we go manage am.

I think they will spell out whatever is needed for the AC.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Chano: 11:00pm On Feb 04, 2023
airsaylongcome:

I already answered this question earlier in the thread

Please reiterate it please especially why you left. Cos personally I feel LNG should be the best employer of labor in Nigeria. Compared to CBN, NNPC etc.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by emoboy4u: 11:23pm On Feb 04, 2023
Chano:

Please reiterate it please especially why you left. Cos personally I feel LNG should be the best employer of labor in Nigeria. Compared to CBN, NNPC etc.
Here you go..

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Dowrihs: 1:18am On Feb 05, 2023
airsaylongcome:

I think many of you guys may not know what an AC is. So I'm linking the below to get you guys started.

https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/assessment-centre-guide.pdf

https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/assessmentcentre/

Modified:
We didn't do the following when we had ours in 2016
Chapter 3: In-Tray Exercises
Chapter 4: SJTs
Chapter 6: Role play exercises
Chapter 8: Psychometric Tests
Chapter 9: Real Assessment Centre Examples

Thank you so much for this and all the encouragements.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Joedominic723: 8:44pm On Feb 05, 2023
airsaylongcome:
So I just came across this which I think would have been relevant for the proctoring. Many people may not have been aware that their Webcam was taking periodic pictures of them as they sat for the exam.

https://talentcentral.learning.shl.com/pluginfile.php/448/mod_resource/content/11/Remote%20Proctoring%20Guide.pdf
some of us are wise, every other person OVERWISE!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Omuka: 10:44pm On Feb 05, 2023
Joedominic723:
some of us are wise, every other person OVERWISE!
what do you mean, please. Elaborate.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by AsperaAdAstra: 8:36am On Feb 07, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Bros try help us with information from your experience, I really Appreciate your time and effort, kindly note it is not in vain m. As you insights helped with the assessment test.

Lol! I try to "leave" but I get sucked back in. Hope the materials help you. I planned to share my experience with each of the tasks, particularly the Group Exercise and the Presentation. I'm still not yet decided whether I will do that or not.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 5:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
So the Group exercise is the one that most people tend to focus on, but in my opinion is the least difficult. Maybe because I was already a team lead having meetings with Senior management for the company my employers provided services for. Straight out of NYSC, I worked as a team lead for a 3PL service provider to P&G and I regularly used to have meetings with senior P&G management from Geneva and Ohio. So I had learned the nuances of meetings and action points.

In the group exercise, there were two groups of 10 that had to discuss and agree on action points for an event organized by the hypothetical employer. Think of Access Bank marathon and the meeting(s) that are held behind closed doors for the event to successfully hold. Our group exercise task was very similar to one that would have been held by Access Bank execs.

I was in group A so I will talk about how I remember the events from group A. We were all given tags. A1 to A10. And that was our name for the whole day as we interacted with the NLNG recruitment team. We were never to introduce ourselves by our real names. Only by our assigned "names". The purpose of this, I later learned, was so that members of the recruitment team don't get influenced by our names. For example, I'm Urhobo with a very Urhobo first name (although I have been told I look Igbo and have had Igbo people speak Igbo to me under the assumption that I'm Igbo because of my "looks". Ndi-igbo kwezuenu! Shout out to 042 Abacha geng. I served with Imo, Anambra and Enugu people and the only Igbo I "learned" was how to clean a plate of Abacha). Anyway, as I was saying, we used only our assigned names so that, for example, an Urhobo person on the recruitment team doesn't get swayed by my name and start being "lenient" with me. So much about connection. Ndi NEPA connectors.

To be continued

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by kachii77: 7:50pm On Feb 07, 2023
during interview u might still need to mention ur name in a tell me about urself question tho

airsaylongcome:
So the Group exercise is the one that most people tend to focus on, but in my opinion is the least difficult. Maybe because I was already a team lead having meetings with Senior management for the company my employers provided services for. Straight out of NYSC, I worked as a team lead for a 3PL service provider to P&G and I regularly used to have meetings with senior P&G management from Geneva and Ohio. So I had learned the nuances of meetings and action points.

In the group exercise, there were two groups of 10 that had to discuss and agree on action points for an event organized by the hypothetical employer. Think of Access Bank marathon and the meeting(s) that are held behind closed doors for the event to successfully hold. Our group exercise task was very similar to one that would have been held by Access Bank execs.

I was in group A so I will talk about how I remember the events from group A. We were all given tags. A1 to A10. And that was our name for the whole day as we interacted with the NLNG recruitment team. We were never to introduce ourselves by our real names. Only by our assigned "names". The purpose of this, I later learned, was so that members of the recruitment team don't get influenced by our names. For example, I'm Urhobo with a very Urhobo first name (although I have been told I look Igbo and have had Igbo people speak Igbo to me under the assumption that I'm Igbo because of my "looks". Ndi-igbo kwezuenu! Shout out to 042 Abacha geng. I served with Imo, Anambra and Enugu people and the only Igbo I "learned" was how to clean a plate of Abacha). Anyway, as I was saying, we used only our assigned names so that, for example, an Urhobo person on the recruitment team doesn't get swayed by my name and start being "lenient" with me. So much about connection. Ndi NEPA connectors.

To be continued
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 8:55pm On Feb 07, 2023
kachii77:
during interview u might still need to mention ur name in a tell me about urself question tho

If they did ask that question (I don't recall they did) you'd still say "I am candidate A7" or whatever you are assigned.

The backend recruitment team know who A7 on day 4 is. The frontend team don't know and quite literally don't care.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Valnel: 10:43pm On Feb 07, 2023
airsaylongcome:

If they did ask that question (I don't recall they did) you'd still say "I am candidate A7" or whatever you are assigned.

The backend recruitment team know who A7 on day 4 is. The frontend team don't know and quite literally don't care.

Thanks bro, for the insight,.. this may seem/sound off or probably outta line,.. but would you think the recruitment could take close 8-9months from this February,.. taking a leaf from the process you went through in 2016,.. did you guys wait that long?
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by ExpertNLer: 12:33am On Feb 08, 2023
cheesy wait till you hear how long theirs took
Valnel:

Thanks bro, for the insight,.. this may seem/sound off or probably outta line,.. but would you think the recruitment could take close 8-9months from this February,.. taking a leaf from the process you went through in 2016,.. did you guys wait that long?
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by emoboy4u: 4:12am On Feb 08, 2023
Valnel:

The coordinators of the recruitment said it'll take 1 year.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Joedominic723: 8:37am On Feb 08, 2023
Omuka:
what do you mean, please. Elaborate.
chief lockup. Those weh know ,KNOW
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Omuka: 9:04am On Feb 08, 2023
Joedominic723:
chief lockup. Those weh know ,KNOW
then tell us who don't know na.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 9:41am On Feb 08, 2023
Omuka:
then tell us who don't know na.

I find it a bit intriguing that despite my attempts at getting everyone here to read the 2013 thread that there are people who still haven't.

To answer your question, the last GT recruitment lasted 4 years. Adverts went out in November 2013. GTs resumed in September 2017

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Kinah25(f): 10:22am On Feb 08, 2023
airsaylongcome:

I find it a bit intriguing that despite my attempts at getting everyone here to read the 2013 thread that there are people who still haven't.

To answer your question, the last GT recruitment lasted 4 years. Adverts went out in November 2013. GTs resumed in September 2017
@airsaylongcome.
Thank you so much for your contribution so far....
However, one thing I'll like to know is if NLNG is gender-bias or not (I applied after seeing "eligible females are strongly advised to apply" though).
I'm a female engineer and I gave in my best for the test but then I'll just want to know as I've lost some opportunities due to you can't do the job/d job is too rigorous for a female, etc....
How many females were employed in your set?
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 10:39am On Feb 08, 2023
Kinah25:

@airsaylongcome.
However, one thing I'll like to know is if NLNG is gender-bias or not (I applied after seeing "eligible females are strongly advised to apply" though).
I'm a female engineer and I gave in my best for the test but then I'll just want to know as I've lost some opportunities due to you can't do the job/d job is too rigorous for a female, etc....

I don't remember the numbers of female engineers hired. But rest assured that being a female engineer will in no way limit you. In fact one of the engineers from that set got placed on the "high flyer path". And guess what? She was female. Meaning she was identified as super exceptional and set on a high performance path. So yes, the engineering roles are dominated by men, but if you are good your are good irrespective of gender and no one will discriminate against you because of that. They are always super excited to have ladies in those testosterone filled engineering departments

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Kinah25(f): 10:45am On Feb 08, 2023
Thank you so much!
airsaylongcome:

I don't remember the numbers of female engineers hired. But rest assured that being a female engineer will in no way limit you. In fact one of the engineers from that set got placed on the "high flyer path". And guess what? She was female. Meaning she was identified as super exceptional and set on a high performance path. So yes, the engineering roles are dominated by men, but if you are good your are good irrespective of gender and no one will discriminate against you because of that. They are always super excited to have ladies in those testosterone filled engineering departments
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by stanisbaratheon: 10:58am On Feb 08, 2023
airsaylongcome:

To be continued

Nice
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by ADream: 1:58pm On Feb 08, 2023
I heard the NLNG team is sending an email that's so top secret, even the recipient won't know they got it until they're already at the next stage!"

Can you imagine getting an email from NLNG that transports you to the next stage of your project without even realizing it? grin
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by ADream: 2:01pm On Feb 08, 2023
[quote author=airsaylongcome post=120729741]

I don't remember the numbers of female engineers hired. But rest assured that being a female engineer will in no way limit you. In fact one of the engineers from that set got placed on the "high flyer path". And guess what? She was female. Meaning she was identified as super exceptional and set on a high performance path. So yes, the engineering roles are dominated by men, but if you are good your are good irrespective of gender and no one will discriminate against you because of that. They are always super excited to have ladies in those testosterone filled engineering departments[/quote]

Airsaylongcome
Must you take a dig at us?
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 4:34pm On Feb 08, 2023
ADream:

Airsaylongcome
Must you take a dig at us?

Lol! Its what I call a “gay party”. “bone to bone” groove as I call it

It’s not a jab at “you guys” in engineering. It’s a Jab at all of us in male dominated fields. I’m in tech and I’m appalled at how males in the field (in Nigeria at least) “pounce” on females in the same field. Raheeqilmaktoom is active on the Nairaland tech “streets” and I’m sure he would have seen a lot of my posts there that advocate female participation. I’ve even been called a woman wrapper for it.

On a personal basis, I don’t give a rat’s ass if my colleague is male or female. But I have seen a lot of the situations Kinah25 hinted at, were ladies are “screened out” because they are female in a male-dominant profession.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by ADream: 4:52pm On Feb 08, 2023
airsaylongcome:

It’s not a jab at “you guys” in engineering. It’s a Jab at all of us in male dominated fields. I’m in tech and I’m appalled at how males in the field (in Nigeria at least) “pounce” on females in the same field. Raheeqilmaktoom is active on the Nairaland tech “streets” and I’m sure he would have seen a lot of my posts there that advocate female participation. I’ve even been called a woman wrapper for it.

On a personal basis, I don’t give a rat’s ass if my colleague is male or female. But I have seen a lot of the situations Kinah25 hinted at, were ladies are “screened out” because they are female in a male-dominant profession.

That will be very sad if someone should be screened out on basis of what the person has no control over like Gender
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Raheeqilmaktoom: 8:59pm On Feb 08, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Confirmed, and BBN loving, football not so keen about guy, what Kanda male is that?
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Raheeqilmaktoom: 9:01pm On Feb 08, 2023
ADream:
I heard the NLNG team is sending an email that's so top secret, even the recipient won't know they got it until they're already at the next stage!"

Can you imagine getting an email from NLNG that transports you to the next stage of your project without even realizing it? grin

Wait, paraphrase this.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Raheeqilmaktoom: 9:03pm On Feb 08, 2023
ADream:

That will be very sad if someone should be screened out on basis of what the person has no control over like Gender

Gender is probably among the last of factors to be considered.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
Kinah25:

@airsaylongcome.
NLNG aims is to get in more females through this graduate trainee.

One of the best staff in instrumentation is a female
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 08, 2023
ADream:

lies.
NLNG is not sending any mail still after elections.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 08, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

Gender is probably among the last of factors to be considered.
lies lies lies.
95% of all the females that applied this time got called for the first test.

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (95) (Reply)

Seplat Graduate Scheme 2018 / Updated-New Job Vacancies 2.0 '18 / List Of Genuine And Proven Recruitment Agencies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.