Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,706 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment (264331 Views)

Premium Trust 2022 Graduate Trainee Program: Apply / Firstbank 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment: Aptitude Test Invitation / 2022 Graduate Trainee Program At Sterling Bank Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 08, 2023
The interview for experience hires has started for referred people only.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Alienist: 10:41pm On Feb 08, 2023
Unknown31:
When did it start? I know someone
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by ADream: 9:39am On Feb 09, 2023
Unknown31:
lies.
NLNG is not sending any mail still after elections.

Read to comprehend

It was obviously a joke
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by LagosLMIS: 4:56pm On Feb 09, 2023
airsaylongcome:

You must be a big joker. You have a survey on a domain that is not controlled by the Lagos state government and you are asking that people compulsorily provide their name, date of birth, postal addres and email address. Do you know the level of damage someone can do with that amount of information? Absolutely no way any sane person will provide all that data.

It were better you did your due diligence on this. Did you try surfing the net to determine the veracity of this survey.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 5:08pm On Feb 09, 2023
LagosLMIS:

It were better you did your due diligence on this. Did you try surfing the net to determine the veracity of this survey.

What more DD do you want done? The domain research.net isn't owned by Lagos government. The survey is asking for PIIs without any information on how they plan to protect those. I don't need to do any more DD beyond that. Provide your data protection policy. And why would a survey (that should be anonymous) be asking that respondents mandatorily provide their email and phone numbers!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by LagosLMIS: 5:44pm On Feb 09, 2023
The Lagos State Government through the Lagos State Employment Trust Funds (LSETF) is introducing a labour market information system (LMIS) that will provide students with up-to-date information on the skills that are in demand in the local labor market. We would like students studying courses related to Construction, Creative and Technology in any of the tertiary institutions in Lagos . Kindly fill the survey below;

https://www.research.net/r/RFHPQW6

Your participation in this survey will be very much appreciated and your responses will be kept confidential. The survey should take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Kindly assist in taking out time to fill this survey, your input will be well appreciated. For those that fill the survey, you will have access to the LMIS portal and opportunity to meet potential employers

PS: Only Lagos State Residents should fill this survey.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 5:50pm On Feb 09, 2023
LagosLMIS:
The Lagos State Government through the Lagos State Employment Trust Funds (LSETF) is introducing a labour market information system (LMIS) that will provide students with up-to-date information on the skills that are in demand in the local labor market. We would like students studying courses related to Construction, Creative and Technology in any of the tertiary institutions in Lagos . Kindly fill the survey below;

Your participation in this survey will be very much appreciated and your responses will be kept confidential. The survey should take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Kindly assist in taking out time to fill this survey, your input will be well appreciated. For those that fill the survey, you will have access to the LMIS portal and opportunity to meet potential employers

You must be a big joker. You have a survey on a domain that is not controlled by the Lagos state government and you are asking that people compulsorily provide their name, date of birth, postal addres and email address. Do you know the level of damage someone can do with that amount of information? Absolutely no way any sane person will provide all that data.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Excel70: 6:18pm On Feb 09, 2023
airsaylongcome:

What more DD do you want done? The domain research.net isn't owned by Lagos government. The survey is asking for PIIs without any information on how they plan to protect those. I don't need to do any more DD beyond that. Provide your data protection policy. And why would a survey (that should be anonymous) be asking that respondents mandatorily provide their email and phone numbers!
How did you know it isn't owned by the Lagos state government,please?
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by LagosLMIS: 8:10am On Feb 10, 2023
airsaylongcome:

**********************************************************************************************************************
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by LagosLMIS: 8:11am On Feb 10, 2023
Excel70:

The LMIS is being driven by a Lagos state agency and implemented by third party consultant
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 1:42pm On Feb 10, 2023
Excel70:

Are you asking how I know that research.net isn't owned by Lagos? A domain owned by a Government in Nigeria should end with .gov.ng

Do all goverments in Nigeria do this? No. And it's fine. But they cannot then go ahead to ask for PIIs on a domain that they do not own. What happens if it is compromised? Who is held liable for the data breach? Especially as the breach are very sensitive PIIs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 1:45pm On Feb 10, 2023
LagosLMIS:

The domain does not necessary have to be hosted by Lagos state. The project is being driven by a Lagos state agency and implemented by a third party consultant. The LMIS is an interactive/collaborative platform which brings various stakeholders (Employers, Educational Institution, Vocational Centre, Job Seekers, Students, Employment Agencies).

I like your choice of words. Driven by a Lagos State agency and implemented by a 3rd party. So effectively a 3rd party will be collating PIIs of Lagosians. Data Privacy policy please? Can I see who is liable for data breaches?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 5:04pm On Feb 10, 2023
With the group exercise, there are three roles that need to be filled. For want of a better word, I will call the first role the “chairman”. The others are the secretary and the time keeper. A lot of people fall into the “trap” of wanting to have one of these roles in the hope that it will guarantee them a good score. But I assure you that you don’t need to hold any of these roles to do well on this exercise. I did not hold any of them. That is not to discourage anyone from aspiring to get any of those roles.

The “chairman” is responsible for coordinating and directing the meeting. S/he is in charge of the discussions and sees to it that all the point’s mentioned in the brief are covered. The secretary documents all the agreements and action points and who is responsible for the action points. The time keeper ensures that the discussions are done in a timely manner. So they’d be promoting the group how much time is left.

Many people have the misconception that you had to be vocal, even combative to stand out. But no, that wasn’t my experience. You have to be active and make meaningful contributions to the discourse. And be seen to do so. Make your point, justify why it’s a valid point. There were 10 examiners, one for each of us. And they sat facing each of us directly. So they are looking at your body language, and overall contribution to the meeting.

I chose not to target any of these roles, but to drive the conversation around selecting those who filled the roles. In the words of Mazi, one of the very good GTs who got hired, “I chose to be a situational leader”. So I looked at those who aspired for the roles and threw my weight behind whoever looked like a good fit.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by ADream: 10:29pm On Feb 10, 2023
airsaylongcome:
With the group exercise, there are three roles that need to be filled. For want of a better word, I will call the first role the “chairman”. The others are the secretary and the time keeper. A lot of people fall into the “trap” of wanting to have one of these roles in the hope that it will guarantee them a good score. But I assure you that you don’t need to hold any of these roles to do well on this exercise. I did not hold any of them. That is not to discourage anyone from aspiring to get any of those roles.

The “chairman” is responsible for coordinating and directing the meeting. S/he is in charge of the discussions and sees to it that all the point’s mentioned in the brief are covered. The secretary documents all the agreements and action points and who is responsible for the action points. The time keeper ensures that the discussions are done in a timely manner. So they’d be promoting the group how much time is left.

Many people have the misconception that you had to be vocal, even combative to stand out. But no, that wasn’t my experience. You have to be active and make meaningful contributions to the discourse. And be seen to do so. Make your point, justify why it’s a valid point. There were 10 examiners, one for each of us. And they sat facing each of us directly. So they are looking at your body language, and overall contribution to the meeting.

I chose not to target any of these roles, but to drive the conversation around selecting those who filled the roles. In the words of Mazi, one of the very good GTs who got hired, “I chose to be a situational leader”. So I looked at those who aspired for the roles and threw my weight behind whoever looked like a good fit.

Your guidance on how to approach the group exercise is much appreciated. God willing some of us will be able to have a chance to do same

1 Like

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by 2funkyy(f): 11:50pm On Feb 10, 2023
LagosLMIS:
The Lagos State Government through the Lagos State Employment Trust Funds (LSETF) is introducing a labour market information system (LMIS) that will provide students with up-to-date information on the skills that are in demand in the local labor market. We would like students studying courses related to Construction, Creative and Technology in any of the tertiary institutions[/b] in Lagos . Kindly fill the survey below;

Few things wrong with this post
[b]First
if your target is Lagos state students you would have gone to LASU, unilag, laspotech or iyabatech.

Secondly the account was created just over a month ago in December. Did this initiative just start?
Thirdly you have posted only this same advert in careers, job & vacancies, and even politics section.
Lastly, the only thing that connects it to Lagos state it's because you said so, no evidence to back up the claim.

My opinion is that you are using this to get people's contact for a personal purpose and it's working that's why you keep posting it everywhere postable.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 11, 2023
Alienist:

When did it start? I know someone
was the person referred?
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by vonxe: 9:10am On Feb 11, 2023
I was going through the experience hire thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1790600/nlng-experienced-hire-result-out/4

I wont be surprised if there is a validation test before the assessment center due to huge malpractice reported on this thread

During the 2013 GT recruitment two tests were conducted before the assessment center and conducting two test now wont be surprising.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 6:01pm On Feb 11, 2023
vonxe:
I was going through the experience hire thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1790600/nlng-experienced-hire-result-out/4

I wont be surprised if there is a validation test before the assessment center due to huge malpractice reported on this thread

During the 2013 GT recruitment two tests were conducted before the assessment center and conducting two test now wont be surprising.

Some perspective on the two tests. The first test in my opinion was aimed at trimming the numbers down. It was the most “one kind” test I had written (asides from Dragnet which is probably the most poorly QA’d test I’ve ever written). People wrote the test at different venues with different experiences. Unilag centre for examples was chaos based on reports from those who wrote there. I wrote mine at a very posh primary school in Ikoyi. Organization there wasn’t very top notch but was way better than Unilag. Personally, I feel that test which was organized by WAEC was there to “fulfill righteousness” of having local content. The real deal was the SHL. That was better organized with questions that weee properly QA’d. We sat for the exam at designated CBT Centres across the country. Less chances of the rampant cheating that occurred during this one.
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 6:07pm On Feb 11, 2023
2funkyy:

First if your target is Lagos state students you would have gone to LASU, unilag, laspotech or iyabatech.

Secondly the account was created just over a month ago in December. Did this initiative just start?
Thirdly you have posted only this same advert in careers, job & vacancies, and even politics section.
Lastly, the only thing that connects it to Lagos state it's because you said so, no evidence to back up the claim.

My opinion is that you are using this to get people's contact for a personal purpose and it's working that's why you keep posting it everywhere postable.

Well said. The wording of the post is very telling. They want to provide information about in-demand skill in the Lagos labour market. Why would they then mandatorily need email and phone numbers of respondents. Data harvesting as far as I am concerned. A private business looking to collect personal data of prospective employees that they can then resell to interested third parties. They have absolutely no mention of what they want to do with such sensitive data and how they plan to protect it from illegitimate use

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 6:08pm On Feb 11, 2023
So I will try to dedicate Saturdays to AMAs, Ask Me Anything (apart from personal information) about the process. I will try to answer as many as I can. So shoot

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Omuka: 6:24pm On Feb 11, 2023
airsaylongcome:
So I will try to dedicate Saturdays to AMAs, Ask Me Anything (apart from personal information) about the process. I will try to answer as many as I can. So shoot
with the level of malpractices recorded in the just concluded assessment, what step do you think NLNG will take to ensure a level playing ground?
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 6:33pm On Feb 11, 2023
Omuka:
with the level of malpractices recorded in the just concluded assessment, what step do you think NLNG will take to ensure a level playing ground?

I don’t know to be honest. I’ve shared as much proof of cheating as I got with with people inside. I’m hoping they will act on it. However, I know that there are certain metrics that bodies that conduct CBTs use to detect cheating. I cannot go into those here because of people that have openly encouraged cheating. I hope that the business will also ask SHL for those metrics and make a decision based on those.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Haxeel: 9:12pm On Feb 11, 2023
So sir, after the group exercise what other thing is done again please?

airsaylongcome:
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by vonxe: 11:02pm On Feb 11, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Yeah I wrote mine at kings college Lagos and it was definitely an O' level exam

What am trying to infer is that NLNG during 2014 experience hire recruitment where some did an online shl test there was still a validation test before interview and those who did a well supervised test never did a valiation test.
Maybe there will be a test if there are reports of huge malpractice only God knows
But it is Maybe
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by LagosLMIS: 1:45pm On Feb 13, 2023
2funkyy:

First if your target is Lagos state students you would have gone to LASU, unilag, laspotech or iyabatech.

There is a survey link for Lagos State Students. Please see the link to that below; https://www.research.net/r/RFHPQW6

The other stakeholder group is for a targeted audience, posting the links will not yield the required result. You can check the links below as this will give credence to my earlier position

https://etenders.com.ng/lagos-state-employment-trust-fund-lsetf-request-for-proposals-for-the-engagement-of-a-business-and-technology-consultant-to-implement-a-labour-market-information-system-lmis-for-lagos-state/

https://lsetf.ng/file/16079/download?token=2tpiBTad
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 4:39pm On Feb 13, 2023
Haxeel:
So sir, after the group exercise what other thing is done again please?

There was a case study about a call centre that required a presentation using a flip board. There was also a task were you were given some information and asked to make an justify your decision. After you have done so, the panel of two presented more information that was not previously revealed and you had to make a decision based on the new information you had gotten.

There was also an interview task were you talked about your previous experience. That task requires the use of the STAR technique.

Situation
Task
Action
Result

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Nicer(m): 3:36pm On Feb 15, 2023
I have been reading your false statements here for a while. I'm not quite sure what you hope to gain but I hope you know there's no such thing as anonymous in this day and age and you can be tracked down if someone in IMT decides it's worth it ?

Unknown31:
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Ahumanbeing: 6:06am On Feb 16, 2023
Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 1:01am On Feb 18, 2023
Nicer:
I have been reading your false statements here for a while. I'm not quite sure what you hope to gain but I hope you know there's no such thing as anonymous in this day and age and you can be tracked down if someone in IMT decides it's worth it ?

Lol! I remember your moniker!! Would be nice if someone at IMT would deem it fit to smoke out the person behind that moniker. It’s almost bordering on reputational damage on the business.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 18, 2023
Nicer:

I am so scared now, shocked shocked IMT will track me down. Please IMT don't track me grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 18, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Lol! I remember your moniker!! Would be nice if someone at IMT would deem it fit to smoke out the person behind that moniker. It’s almost bordering on reputational damage on the business.
so all my post affected NLNG reputation? grin funny guy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment by airsaylongcome: 6:32pm On Feb 18, 2023
Unknown31:
so all my post affected NLNG reputation? grin funny guy

You have basically said the way NLNG recruits is based on nepotism and not on competence. That rubbishes their first core value, Integrity. And that has reputational implications

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (95) (Reply)

Seplat Graduate Scheme 2018 / Updated-New Job Vacancies 2.0 '18 / List Of Genuine And Proven Recruitment Agencies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.