Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis (32677 Views)

Governor Alia Delivers 100 Buses For Transport In Benue State [Photos] / Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers / 18 Passengers Die In Peace Mass Transit Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by flexyrule(m): 10:07am On Nov 01, 2022
Nice one.
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Cryofigbos: 10:07am On Nov 01, 2022
U can't work with tinubu and not be brainy......kano already taking a clue from brt model of transportation

3 Likes

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by inoki247: 10:07am On Nov 01, 2022
ok
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by angelfallz(m): 10:08am On Nov 01, 2022
This is good.
However, it wrong that Nigeria launches mass transit with buses. Mass transit is done via trains. Buses can never compete with trains with the sheer volume of passengers that trains can move at once.
Governments should invest in intra city railways.

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by gasparpisciotta: 10:08am On Nov 01, 2022
I bought my brand new 407 from Kaduna PAN those days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:09am On Nov 01, 2022
Ganduje really try in Kano.
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by tollyboy5(m): 10:10am On Nov 01, 2022
Sammy07:

Private sectors are just going down day by day in this country.

We don't have enabling environment for Private sectors to thrive

And Government can't also probably run a company or corporation successfully.

We don't have maintenance culture in this country too.

We have toooooooooo many problems in this country.

I don't think it can be solved in the next 1,000 years.
That is why fraud is on the increase. You can do legit and invest all you have and Nigeria condition will make you loose everything.

I just shm for people that don't understand Nigeria reality.

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by donforeign: 10:10am On Nov 01, 2022
Kano needs to banned Keke from the major cities .. the Keke make the state be like wetin I no know

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by oluwafestus(m): 10:10am On Nov 01, 2022
Nice moves by the Kano state government
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by tegrianonigltd(m): 10:12am On Nov 01, 2022
SILVERLINES:
angry
Terrorist are trying to set their corruptible record straight now that their journey has come to an end.

A better and new Nigeria is what we yarn for, not painting of old buses for pictures and media presentation.

angry

They steal 80 to 90 percent, then do 10%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by backtovillage: 10:12am On Nov 01, 2022
Keep it oh else them go burn am.
But wait oh which kind devil push una to burn BRT buses worth billions of naira
Woke genz are disaster

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Sammy07: 10:12am On Nov 01, 2022
tollyboy5:

That is why fraud is on the increase. You can do legit and invest all you have and Nigeria condition will make you loose everything.

I just shm for people that don't understand Nigeria reality.

I swear. You need to know the amount of fuel I buy daily for my business.

If the items ain't probably refrigerated, it'll spoil.
Imagine, I increase price for customers.

They will complain and wouldn't wanna here the amount of fuel I Dey burn.

All because of NO ELECTRICITY in that part of the state.

That alone can discourage business in that environment

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Belleful: 10:13am On Nov 01, 2022
Good one. This is how to create jobs and also allow the masses to enjoyed the government.
Onlike some people that saved some money and invest the rest in his private business.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 01, 2022
Toyota Corolla don suffer for Nigeria sha!
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by SOFTSKILL: 10:14am On Nov 01, 2022
SILVERLINES:
angry
Terrorist are trying to set their corruptible record straight now that their journey has come to an end.

A better and new Nigeria is what we yarn for, not painting of old buses for pictures and media presentation.

angry

Osus are always allergic to good news

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Mccullum: 10:14am On Nov 01, 2022
SILVERLINES:
angry

angry

Unfortunate one will never see good and appreciate it,

that's exactly how you appeared to be. grin

3 Likes

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Greenfaces: 10:16am On Nov 01, 2022
Long overdue. Those keke guys now go learn sense.

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Goodman247: 10:16am On Nov 01, 2022
Why is he doing it now because of election, Na now una eye dey open, always doing catchup when d world has gone ahead, why is he doing it now
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Badgers14: 10:16am On Nov 01, 2022
Cost of this $10bn..

Watch them release a blotted figure for this project..
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Cryofigbos: 10:16am On Nov 01, 2022
SILVERLINES:
angry

angry

Ur state has never been In d news for any good developmental projects but bad news of killing by unknown gunmen.........yet d only thing u r good at is condemn and complain about those that r doing little or something to impact life, u just read that they are newly assembled in Nigeria but ur foolish tribal dumb head still complained grin grin grin grin grin na wah oh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Felix6: 10:18am On Nov 01, 2022
In six months time, everything jaga/scather
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Moh247: 10:20am On Nov 01, 2022
angelfallz:
This is good.
However, it wrong that Nigeria launches mass transit with buses. Mass transit is done via trains. Buses can never compete with trains with the sheer volume of passengers that trains can move at once.
Governments should invest in intra city railways.

Every top city in the world uses metro busses, only few cities have metro train, and they are still supported with busses

3 Likes

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by sayso: 10:21am On Nov 01, 2022
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by staneless(m): 10:21am On Nov 01, 2022
Commendable.
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by integridad: 10:23am On Nov 01, 2022
👍👍
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 01, 2022
SILVERLINES:
angry

angry
It would have been better for you not to comment than to type that nonsense up there.

Your state governor is there doing nothing, and you are calling a performing governor terrorist

3 Likes

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Kewtt: 10:24am On Nov 01, 2022
Kasssandra:
The problem with the mass transit scheme is not the launching...but the maintenance.

Within a few years, all the buses are going to be scrap, and the thing will fail...because the people of Kano won't pay the kind of money...either in fares, or subsides...that would be needed to keep the thing running.

I bet that the standard fare would be less than 200 naira. Meanwhile, Kano state does not collect enough in taxes, and the revenue from oil is not enough for a big state like this.

If i suggest that Kano people should pay something like 700-1000 naira per trip as fare, many people will shout 'We are poor'. Well, at the end, you get what ye pay for.
See positives.
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by SmartyPants(m): 10:24am On Nov 01, 2022
Kasssandra:
The problem with the mass transit scheme is not the launching...but the maintenance.

Within a few years, all the buses are going to be scrap, and the thing will fail...because the people of Kano won't pay the kind of money...either in fares, or subsides...that would be needed to keep the thing running.

I bet that the standard fare would be less than 200 naira. Meanwhile, Kano state does not collect enough in taxes, and the revenue from oil is not enough for a big state like this.

If i suggest that Kano people should pay something like 700-1000 naira per trip as fare, many people will shout 'We are poor'. Well, at the end, you get what ye pay for.

Clearly, the report says it will be run by private operators so they will fix the prices at whatever is necessary for their profit. That is sound economics at work.

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Winning123: 10:26am On Nov 01, 2022
Always lamenting and complaining. Government can do this; government can do that. we don't have enabling environment etc. Must you spend your life looking at the negative side of the country. Get up and succeed in spite of the challenges

Sammy07:

Private sectors are just going down day by day in this country.

We don't have enabling environment for Private sectors to thrive

And Government can't also probably run a company or corporation successfully.

We don't have maintenance culture in this country too.

We have toooooooooo many problems in this country.

I don't think it can be solved in the next 1,000 years.

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by tollyboy5(m): 10:27am On Nov 01, 2022
Sammy07:

I swear. You need to know the amount of fuel I buy daily for my business.

If the items ain't probably refrigerated, it'll spoil.
Imagine, I increase price for customers.

They will complain and wouldn't wanna here the amount of fuel I Dey burn.

All because of NO ELECTRICITY in that part of the state.

That alone can discourage business in that environment
Bro! Na why I dislike this con3. After struggling to get skills and do remote jobs online.

I still need to buy fuel because of no electricity. Now scarcity of fuel in my hood.

Make the con3 kuku kill me lol grin

Attimes most of us endup having no believe in Nigeria due to life experiences.

Jah help us all.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enugu Airport Flood Pictures / My Visit To Elegushi Beach And Idanre Hills In Pictures. / What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.