Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,057 members, 7,814,635 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis (32676 Views)

Governor Alia Delivers 100 Buses For Transport In Benue State [Photos] / Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers / 18 Passengers Die In Peace Mass Transit Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by tollyboy5(m): 10:28am On Nov 01, 2022
Winning123:
Always lamenting and complaining. Government can do this; government can do that. we don't have enabling environment etc. Must you spend your life looking at the negative side of the country. Get up and succeed in spite of the challenges

See dis one.

Are you successful lol?

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Sammy07: 10:29am On Nov 01, 2022
tollyboy5:

Bro! Na why I dislike this con3. After struggling to get skills and do remote jobs online.

I still need to buy fuel because of no electricity. Now scarcity of fuel in my hood.

Make the con3 kuku kill me lol grin

Attimes most of us endup having no believe in Nigeria due to life experiences.

Jah help us all.

Amennnn.
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by udemzeus(m): 10:30am On Nov 01, 2022
Nice Innovation God bless him
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 01, 2022
SmartyPants:

Clearly, the report says it will be run by private operators so they will fix the prices at whatever is necessary for their profit. That is sound economics at work.

I hope the government lets them set their price...not the one where government comes and imposes a price on them...like they did for our petroleum and power sector...whcih has ended well as you can see. (No refinery, poor generation).

Privatising something does not mean that the private company comes and spends their money on investment...they also want to make back their investment with profit. That's why they better be allowed to charge their prices their way...or the buses become scrap., and they lose money.
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by mukthar2000(m): 10:30am On Nov 01, 2022
Nice development, by now kano KEKE rides associations would be in pains with their always gragra strike most time without considerable with the populis, hijacking and robbery inside KEKE would be limit, using KEKE to rub people's would be limit,
Nice to you Gandoller
Kano like Lagos

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 01, 2022
See our oyel money, don't know why governors from the south can't emulate this.
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by lereinter(m): 10:32am On Nov 01, 2022
Gandollar is really trying fa
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by angelfallz(m): 10:33am On Nov 01, 2022
For a place like Kano, it needs an intra-city railway with buses too. The same also applies in Lagos. Due to population trains are better at moving a huge amount of people.
Moh247:

Every top city in the world uses metro busses, only few cities have metro train, and they are still supported with busses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by pacespot(m): 10:34am On Nov 01, 2022
They had to paint the buses green and white, these northerners no dey take Nigeria play o. The same Nigeria that other people want to get out of it.
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Sammy07: 10:34am On Nov 01, 2022
Winning123:
Always lamenting and complaining. Government can do this; government can do that. we don't have enabling environment etc. Must you spend your life looking at the negative side of the country. Get up and succeed in spite of the challenges

What do you mean?

In Ondo South senatorial districts,
There's no light since about 10yrs now.

I'm not from that side and I'm not living there, but I have something there.

Plz tell, is it the citizens fault that there's no light in a whole senatorial districts? Even after they've complained, Block govt house, attacked the senator representing them, they chased away the previous gov cos he didn't do anything, they voted the present gov cos he promised to look into it and has not fulfilled it.

Is it the citizens fault? Will they generate electricity by themselves?
That's the enabling environment I'm talking about.

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by agitator: 10:38am On Nov 01, 2022
Kasssandra:
The problem with the mass transit scheme is not the launching...but the maintenance.

Within a few years, all the buses are going to be scrap, and the thing will fail...because the people of Kano won't pay the kind of money...either in fares, or subsides...that would be needed to keep the thing running.

I bet that the standard fare would be less than 200 naira. Meanwhile, Kano state does not collect enough in taxes, and the revenue from oil is not enough for a big state like this.

If i suggest that Kano people should pay something like 700-1000 naira per trip as fare, many people will shout 'We are poor'. Well, at the end, you get what ye pay for.

It is people with your mindset that is at the helm of affairs, running this country aground.

Mininum wage = N30,000.

Bus fare to Work N700 x2 = N1,400 * 5 (days) = N7,000 (week) * 4 (weeks) = N28, 000 (minimum)
Bus fare to Work N1,000 x2 = N2,000 * 5 (days) = N10,000 (week) * 4 (weeks) = N40, 000 (Max)

Minimum Wage N30,000 - N28,000 = N2,000 to take care of feeding, accommodation, clothing, etc. (Using your minimum)

Minimum Wage N30,000 - N40,000 = -N10,000 (borrow to take care of transportation, feeding, accommodation, clothing, etc. (Using your minimum) grin grin grin grin

I support your reasoning logic.
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by akslink: 10:39am On Nov 01, 2022
Sammy07:

Private sectors are just going down day by day in this country.

We don't have enabling environment for Private sectors to thrive

And Government can't also probably run a company or corporation successfully.

We don't have maintenance culture in this country too.

We have toooooooooo many problems in this country.

I don't think it can be solved in the next 1,000 years.
no where in the world private sector monopolies transport sector it’s only in Africa, moreover in Nigeria this will reduce one chance and other crimes committed by the drivers of the private vehicles
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 01, 2022
tishbite42:
Gandollar is working
Niger Delta money

Nice one
With good road network in Kano, this will make the shuttles easier

Yeah, but what are the governors n Niger Delta doing with their allocations and 13%?
Spending it on hoes in Lagos.

Abeg tell your ogogoro governors to wake up , see what Gandollar is doing, is he not better than all the Niger Delta governors combined.
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Sammy07: 10:40am On Nov 01, 2022
agitator:

It is people with your mindset that is at the helm of affairs, running this country aground.

Mininum wage = N30,000.

Bus fare to Work N700 x2 = N1,400 * 5 (days) = N7,000 (week) * 4 (weeks) = N28, 000 (minimum)
Bus fare to Work N1,000 x2 = N2,000 * 5 (days) = N10,000 (week) * 4 (weeks) = N40, 000 (Max)

Minimum Wage N30,000 - N28,000 = N2,000 to take care of feeding, accommodation, clothing, etc. (Using your minimum)

Minimum Wage N30,000 - N40,000 = -N10,000 (borrow to take care of transportation, feeding, accommodation, clothing, etc. (Using your minimum) grin grin grin grin

The guy na Mumu.

How many people are even earning a 30k and above in that Kano? Apart from state and federal workers.

Later we'll be complaining of bad leaders.

Imagine the guy being the governor of Kano

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 01, 2022
agitator:

Mininum wage = N30,000.

So, don't complain if you get what you pay for.

People who earn below minium wage cannot suddenly pay for high quality service...so they get poor quality.

Add the fact that even when we remove looting and end corruption (I am not denying that government is bad, or corrupt...they are|)...we don't have the kind of money to maintain and run a high quality bus/mass transit service.

Keep in mind that we import the busses, and the spare parts....and it cost money to lkeep them running.

Calling me oppressor does not change the facts.

Either Kano has a budget of 30 billion dollars per annum....or we pay sensible fares.
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by FireUpNow(m): 10:53am On Nov 01, 2022
Is this a grand breaking news or what. Gandollars?
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Nakuza(m): 10:57am On Nov 01, 2022
Commendable
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by RepoMan007: 10:59am On Nov 01, 2022
What should have done to mark 100 days in office.
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 01, 2022
Fireboy02:
This is how Abia state supposed to be but unfortunately ikpeazu and ngwa ppl are thieves

Was Anambra like this during Obi's tenure? Or, which state in Afghaneastern is like this at the moment? Yet you people put mouth in the affairs of the other regions which are of no natural interest to you. You carry the bother and problems of the other Nigerians on your head everyday! What a Good Samaritan the Igbo are!
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by tishbite42: 11:04am On Nov 01, 2022
quentin06:

Yeah, but what are the governors n Niger Delta doing with their allocations and 13%?
Spending it on hoes in Lagos.

Abeg tell your ogogoro governors to wake up , see what Gandollar is doing, is he not better than all the Niger Delta governors combined.
You said it right
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by bobchigar(m): 11:27am On Nov 01, 2022
An adage says " The Sheep that move in company of Dog will join the dog to eat feces" Lately Danguje move with the City Boy and he copied this good idea. Kudos
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Parachoko: 11:28am On Nov 01, 2022
angelfallz:
This is good.
However, it wrong that Nigeria launches mass transit with buses. Mass transit is done via trains. Buses can never compete with trains with the sheer volume of passengers that trains can move at once.
Governments should invest in intra city railways.
We have to start somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by P1PrinceKT(m): 11:30am On Nov 01, 2022
tishbite42:
Gandollar is working
Niger Delta money

Nice one
With good road network in Kano, this will make the shuttles easier

delta state itself doesn't have this development despite being oil producing state I think we are problem of our selves!
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Parachoko: 11:32am On Nov 01, 2022
SILVERLINES:
angry
Terrorist are trying to set their corruptible record straight now that their journey has come to an end.

A better and new Nigeria is what we yarn for, not painting of old buses for pictures and media presentation.

angry
I wander why some of you are so bitter sad
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Parachoko: 11:33am On Nov 01, 2022
integridad:
I don't think this mass transportation scheme is a good idea for a state like kano.

The personal and private Keke's were better suited for a state like kano.

Lagos and Kano are not the same, do what suit Kano State.
Mumu talk
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Parachoko: 11:36am On Nov 01, 2022
tollyboy5:

See dis one.

Are you successful lol?
Leave that boy

Is likely he is living with his parents and eating their food and him parents still dey cover his bills so e no sabi as the street b

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Parachoko: 11:36am On Nov 01, 2022
P1PrinceKT:

delta state itself doesn't have this development despite being oil producing state I think we are problem of our selves!
Word

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Parachoko: 11:38am On Nov 01, 2022
quentin06:
See our oyel money, don't know why governors from the south can't emulate this.
Which Governors from the South are you talking about?
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by fieldbus: 11:39am On Nov 01, 2022
Sammy07:

Private sectors are just going down day by day in this country.

We don't have enabling environment for Private sectors to thrive

And Government can't also probably run a company or corporation successfully.

We don't have maintenance culture in this country too.

We have toooooooooo many problems in this country.

I don't think it can be solved in the next 1,000 years.

The type of private imitative we have in delta state where only keke is the known transport in a whole state.okowa crippled the scheme in place when he came in for private imitative of only keke
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by Abbeytoy(m): 11:47am On Nov 01, 2022
This is how Anambra state supposed to be, but unfortunately Mr the great Peter will rather safe money than using it for developments.
Re: Ganduje Launches Kano Mass Transit Scheme With 100 Buses, 50 Taxis by agitator: 11:47am On Nov 01, 2022
Kasssandra:

So, don't complain if you get what you pay for.

People who earn below minium wage cannot suddenly pay for high quality service...so they get poor quality.

Add the fact that even when we remove looting and end corruption (I am not denying that government is bad, or corrupt...they are|)...we don't have the kind of money to maintain and run a high quality bus/mass transit service.

Keep in mind that we import the busses, and the spare parts....and it cost money to lkeep them running.

Calling me oppressor does not change the facts.

Either Kano has a budget of 30 billion dollars per annum....or we pay sensible fares.

So, the buses are meant for rich people who can afford better bus services. hmmmmmmmm.

I understand you clearly now, in UK, US, Japan, and most of Europe where they have efficient top class bus services, those on minimum wage don't board public buses. I learnt a new thing today. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enugu Airport Flood Pictures / My Visit To Elegushi Beach And Idanre Hills In Pictures. / What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.