Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,764 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Can You Still Make It At 39? - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Can You Still Make It At 39? (27238 Views)

Adewale Egbedun Greets Adewale Irekandu At 39 / I'm A Terrible Writer, But I Still Make Six Figures Every Week!!! / Celebrating Dunga Of APGA, Ezesinachi At 39 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by Ephemmm: 8:58pm On Nov 03, 2022
YourBestWriter:
Guys good morrow to you all.

So it's going to be my 39th birthday next year and I still don't have one Kobo in my bank account. Still under my parents roof and no job. In a scale of 1 to 10, what are my chances of making it in life?

You are the one narrowing down your chances in life. For goodness sake, how can you be under your parent at that age and how are you coping with the happenings over there? Telling my parents to hold on to their money upon getting admission into university is one of the best decisions i have never regretted till date.

Even after graduation when all was lost after two years, I held on tenaciously to my decision and the rest is history today by God's grace.

Move bro.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by Cchuks27(m): 9:29pm On Nov 03, 2022
Relocate outside Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by drimzsmoke(m): 10:20pm On Nov 03, 2022
YourBestWriter:

Thank you Sir for the motivational words.

Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by YourBestWriter: 10:23pm On Nov 03, 2022
drimzsmoke:

My pleasure sir!!!
Na small change I send,abeg help me manage am,I no be Yahoo boy,and you can delete the account number now...
Just don't give up bros,na person wey give up Bleep up!!!
Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by drimzsmoke(m): 10:29pm On Nov 03, 2022
YourBestWriter:

More blessings to you and to your family my brother. God bless you bountifully. I'm grateful.

God bless you too.
Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by seunny4lif(m): 10:47pm On Nov 03, 2022
okrikaboi:
After 35 no hope bro. This is my greatest fear in life. I pray something happens soon for you though. I feel so emotional about your dilemma
You smoke too much bro

1 Like

Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by Gkemz: 1:07am On Nov 04, 2022
If you don't have Abraham in this country what took others 5yrs to get will take you 25 years.
If at 39 you haven't achieved anything, you need to go back to the board and check what you're not doing rightly.
I was once in a similar condition until I retire from my comfort zone. I now reject the offers I desperately searched for when I graduated from school because my business pays me times four of what employers can afford to pay me.

So there's hope for you if you can leave your comfort zone.
Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by ikorodureporta: 2:12am On Nov 04, 2022
Vintage100:
Go out and get an apartment of your own. Then find something doing.
Apartment under bridge shey??
Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by Sirchiboy: 2:16am On Nov 04, 2022
drimzsmoke:

Lolz,I'm glad I could be of help....God bless you too.
Bros please kindly help me delete all my messages that you quoted,thank you sir!!!
God bless you bros for putting smile on his face.
Hoping that one day you will bless met oo.
I am facing the same problem
Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by okrikaboi: 5:18am On Nov 04, 2022
All 35 year olds and up who have not made it have been on my mentions since because of my comment. Y'all are senseless why not accept the fact that your youth and now you will never make it. Well you might hit it but your chances have become slimmer. Don't quote me again.
Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by Emperorx: 6:38am On Nov 04, 2022
JohnnA1:
It was still a good one for your uncle. What age did he marry?
late 40

1 Like

Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by stanliwise(m): 7:23am On Nov 04, 2022
YourBestWriter:
Guys good morrow to you all.

So it's going to be my 39th birthday next year and I still don't have one Kobo in my bank account. Still under my parents roof and no job. In a scale of 1 to 10, what are my chances of making it in life?
“What is your plan” is the biggest question to your breakthrough as at this moment.

Please find a job or try start a business. Nothing anyone tells you here will make sense until you make effort.
Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by stanliwise(m): 7:24am On Nov 04, 2022
okrikaboi:
All 35 year olds and up who have not made it have been on my mentions since because of my comment. Y'all are senseless why not accept the fact that your youth and now you will never make it. Well you might hit it but your chances have become slimmer. Don't quote me again.
Spewing rubbish. You don turn “make it” gateman Abi?

1 Like

Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by stanliwise(m): 7:26am On Nov 04, 2022
Ephemmm:

You are the one narrowing down your chances in life. For goodness sake, how can you be under your parent at that age and how are you coping with the happenings over there? Telling my parents to hold on to their money upon getting admission into university is one of the best decisions i have never regretted till date.

Even after graduation when all was lost after two years, I held on tenaciously to my decision and the rest is history today by God's grace.

Move bro.
After getting admission. What was your source of income while being a student Abi na yahoo you dey do?
Or na part-time and work ?
Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by stanliwise(m): 7:33am On Nov 04, 2022
Blazinraj01:
You are measuring success in terms of bank balance.
You read “no job”, “still under my parents roof”.
Shey na eyes dey pain you Abi you sabi read?
Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by Joseph1505(m): 8:11am On Nov 04, 2022
I think earning $20 - $50 dollars daily can clear your doubts because recently I have completed our family house and with just the money I got from Copywriting.

1 Like

Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:56am On Nov 04, 2022
millionboi:
you are very foolish to type this nonsense you typed here
Yes, I am. You got a problem with that?
Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 04, 2022
Nawttiboi007:
Millions of people out there above 39 and not under their parents yet have nothing to their names.. na so una go Dey vomit rubbish, if he goes out now and face pressure to do odd things na una go still condemn him..
majority of youngsters in naija that’s making edge check around you are into illegal stuffs.. jus take tour around u and count 1-10 if u won’t see 8 doing yahoo or olosho

See Chief, Let me tell you something today. What you Just wrote Is the Truth & Reality. But Unfortunately, Majority of Nigerians are Lowlives, Fake & Miserable Bvstvrdz. Many among these people like the Idiot you quoted last understand what you wrote here and they know the kinda system the country Is running. A country that Is designed to kill your dreams and Inspirations most especially If you are from a Poor/Average background. But they will prefer to feign Ignorance and behave In their usual animalistic way.

Until you understand how most of these people reason and the way they were programmed. You will keep on wasting your productive time trying to talk sense Into stupvd and senseless zombies..
Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by EngrKemp: 10:48am On Nov 04, 2022
darichlife:

You make me laugh because you lie to l
yourself, young man the road to sincere and upright success is very narrow.

When you depend you limit Your innate capabilities and potentials as a God on earth, the abundance of what you can have is in the whole wide world, whether it is a negative or positive dream, the way the world may see it, it can always be achieved with a price, now if you depend on your government who is confused, perplexed and under informed about why, how and when the world was formed you will be stuck in a box of time space.

Know this nobody can create your reality better than you because you are the only God on earth.
Read through all I said ... They are all facts but here u are fishing out unintelligent sermon like a motivational speaker that uses bycicle...
Let me give u the order.
...God
.... Government
..... Parents
......You.

In this order,u r the least...
God decide if u r born black or white and by whose parent.
Ur government decide and influence ur environment and growth.
Ur parents decide how they train u up...
At age 18 and above u start to thinker individually as adult...
If u like be speaking empty English

1 Like

Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by EngrKemp: 10:50am On Nov 04, 2022
Evolutionlove:

See Chief, Let me tell you something today. What you Just wrote Is the Truth & Reality. But Unfortunately, Majority of Nigerians are Lowlives, Fake & Miserable Bvstvrdz. Many among these people like the Idiot you quoted last understand what you wrote here and they know the kinda system the country Is running. A country that Is designed to kill your dreams and Inspirations most especially If you are from a Poor/Average background. But they will prefer to feign Ignorance and behave In their usual animalistic way.

Until you understand how most of these people reason and the way they were programmed. You will keep on wasting your productive time trying to talk sense Into stupvd and senseless zombies..
I'm telling u.
Some of these people here are just pure evil .
Don't mind them

1 Like

Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by Tundex911: 12:40pm On Nov 04, 2022
Fuvk up, omo boi don dey lose hope

Please!!!

Omo ope shi ma gbera just focus

1 Like

Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by Ephemmm: 1:16pm On Nov 04, 2022
stanliwise:

After getting admission. What was your source of income while being a student Abi na yahoo you dey do?
Or na part-time and work ?

I got the contact of my secondary school friend in Lagos and I started riding Okada around Egbeda, EJigbo, Ikotun, etc. They were six in a room when I joined them.

So, before I wrote my last paper in any semester, I have already packed my belongings because that would be the day when I would get to Lagos. Besides, there would be no food to eat if I decide to stay longer.

Upon every resumption, I will work for additional one week before I would join my mates in school. I remember December 31st 2017-January 2nd 2018, I worked non-stop and I celebrated it while transporting passengers.

You see, moving away from you parent terrain will give you much sense of responsibility and you will be more inclined to break even.

1 Like

Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by colestephan86: 1:56pm On Nov 04, 2022
millionboi:
Not true,thy are caring abeg, leave motivational talk
lol. I hear you

1 Like

Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by colestephan86: 1:57pm On Nov 04, 2022
ZINNYBANKS:

If they chase him out they already add more problem to his predicament nigar might kill himself . the bolded you're quite unreasonable to say that .
A 39 years old baby
Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by Blazinraj01(f): 1:58pm On Nov 04, 2022
jclassiq:

What else is he supposed to measure it by?

Money is what you need to live life effectively.

If you disagree, pls educate me.. with all due respect.
It is part of what is needed to enjoy life, money is a means to an end. Having more of it or having less of it at a particular point in time doesn't make you more or less successful.

But that's what and how our society measures success.

Personally in terms of money, I look at it from being comfortable than having plenty money but comfort is relative for everyone

Success to me is the impact you make at every point in your life and where you end up at the end of it all as well as the impact you make at every point in other people's lives.

Basically, if we look at the milestones that we have reached in our lives, that to me is success.

A salary earner with zero balance in their account is not less successful. It is a case of non availability at that point in time.

Although, my religion has another definition for success.

1 Like

Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by jclassiq(m): 3:34pm On Nov 04, 2022
Blazinraj01:
It is part of what is needed to enjoy life, money is a means to an end. Having more of it or having less of it at a particular point in time doesn't make you more or less successful.

But that's what and how our society measures success.

Personally in terms of money, I look at it from being comfortable than having plenty money but comfort is relative for everyone

Success to me is the impact you make at every point in your life and where you end up at the end of it all as well as the impact you make at every point in other people's lives.

Basically, if we look at the milestones that we have reached in our lives, that to me is success.

A salary earner with zero balance in their account is not less successful. It is a case of non availability at that point in time.

Although, my religion has another definition for success.

I think it's societal conditioning.

According to the society we live in now, money is everything.

Nothing else matters.

Like that Ludacris' song: 'If you ain't got no money take ya broke a$$ home!'

2 Likes

Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by Blazinraj01(f): 4:08pm On Nov 04, 2022
jclassiq:

I think it's societal conditioning.

According to the society we live in now, money is everything.

Nothing else matters.

Like that Ludacris' song: 'If you ain't got no money take ya broke a$$ home!'

It is tiring. To think there was once 'trade by barter'.

1 Like

Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by Cashbanky(f): 5:10pm On Nov 04, 2022
It's well even in the well. Success is not determine by age. Learn a skill and sell your knowledge. I believe you use your own smartphone in writing this post. You can join Amazon KDP and make living from there without spending much. The only money you will spend on Amazon KDP is just money for internet data.
Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by Redemption88: 5:57pm On Nov 04, 2022
Sirchiboy:

Your account number chief!!!
Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by Sirchiboy: 6:34pm On Nov 04, 2022
Redemption88:

Your account number chief!!!

God bless you richly.
Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by DrDeuce: 6:59pm On Nov 04, 2022
As long as you life there is hope. Don't give up.
Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by fetrillion(m): 7:59pm On Nov 04, 2022
Oga
The only person that can help you is Jesus.
Confess your sins,accept him and .
Surrender all to him

To grow in faith,
Join a Christ believing church in your area and serve God in any capacity.
Live a life of holiness.
He owns no man.

Devout yourselves to praising him all the times.He would help you.
He is all sufficiency,rich in mercy.

I'm being frank with you,Jesus is the only one that can bring restoration.

Think of this,I was once like you.
Jesus saved me...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Heavy Rainfall Pulls Down High Tension Wire At Ikeja Area Of Lagos. See Photos / JAMB: How To Check 2019 UTME Results Online / 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.