Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch (35002 Views)

40 People From Zamfara Hidden Amid Cows Arrested In Lagos (Photos) / My Street Amid Last Day Of COVID-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by Igboslayer: 12:29pm On Nov 03, 2022
Crusadee:
grin grin grin vote for tilimbu, Amala and ewedu go be free of charge
Obviously you are profoundly foolish because of lack of Amala and Ewedu in your system... Eat the amala below make you get sense small...

If you can't, then use the rope below. If you quote me again without making sense, then you have chose the unenviable path of killing yourself hence, I can't help you. Either you eat food or die Your choice your problem.

1 Like

Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by lanresz(m): 12:29pm On Nov 03, 2022
Europeans are still migrating to Canada. France is among the top 10 biggest sources of new permanent residents To Canada in 2021. Surprisingly, the U.S. is among the top 10 as well. People migrate for many reasons.

planetx:
How is it in the best interest of this people to see Africa develop, because it is proven that emmigration is drastically reduced when a nation develops. Immigration to America and Canada from Europe is basically zero now unlike 100 years ago except for the Ukrainian refugees which is caused by war.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by lanresz(m): 12:36pm On Nov 03, 2022
They are looking for skilled workers with sufficient educational, work experience and funds to settle and contribute to the country. Not people that will be a burden from day one.

sweetkev:
I swear, that's the major problem. Spending more than 5 million for visa processing and other difficult procedures. Why can't they just do it like American visa lottery whereby people would be selected randomly after filling a form. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by BigName101: 12:45pm On Nov 03, 2022
inoki247:
Oya u people should rush it asap....

Buh he still dey baffle me with everything the northerners are going through dey hardly Japa and na dem even get format to seek for asylum pass....
asin ehnnnnn

1 Like

Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by Omoawoke: 1:08pm On Nov 03, 2022
Nigerians, food don set
Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by Omoawoke: 1:09pm On Nov 03, 2022
HeadNigga:
I will wait until the 2023 elections are over. If obi wins I stay, if they rig him out I move

Start your plans already, Obi is never going to win

1 Like

Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by delpee(f): 1:20pm On Nov 03, 2022
They're taking the best of our youth (those who choose to apply). They know we're enterprising, intelligent and diligent. All you need is to take some courses to acquaint yourself with their operating systems once you arrive. You may experience a setback for the first 2 years in terms of position but it doesn't take long to catch up once you have Canadian experience.

Nigeria is losing so much. sad

1 Like

Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by Kobicove(m): 1:20pm On Nov 03, 2022
Bksense:
Thank God. Opportunity to fulfil my dream of becoming a slave in Canada.

grin
Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by twosquare(m): 1:38pm On Nov 03, 2022
Chai!
post=118083427:
Canada is struggling with an acute shortage of workers, particularly in skilled trades and industries like healthcare.
The most recent job vacancy data showed there were 958,500 open roles in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by Konquest: 1:51pm On Nov 03, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by lanresz(m): 1:56pm On Nov 03, 2022
I'm not sure the country knows what the impact of the brain drain is down the road. When skilled people in the 25 to 45 age range are relocating from the country. You have a lot to deal with. We are very enterprising, intelligent and diligent, once we get to a place and adapt, we become almost unstoppable.

delpee:
They're taking the best of our youth (those who choose to apply). They know we're enterprising, intelligent and diligent. All you need is to 5ake some courses to acquaint yourself with their operating systems once you arrive. You may experience a setback for the first 2 years in terms of position but it doesn't take long to catch up once you have Canadian experience.

Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by delpee(f): 1:56pm On Nov 03, 2022
Maj196:
I'm a Tech guy planning to immigrate. How do I start? and what do I need to be eligible?

Tech people are doing so well there. Visit Canada.ca. Read up on immigration and citizenship. I think that should guide you. Check other sites too but beware of fraudsters. The government official sites provide enough information. There are helpful and active Canada immigration threads on Nairaland too.

Hope you're under 30 and university educated or with professional certifications.
Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by Myself2(m): 2:01pm On Nov 03, 2022
Bksense:
Thank God. Opportunity to fulfil my dream of becoming a slave in Canada.

grin grin
Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by Xsw1: 2:06pm On Nov 03, 2022
All these plans yet their visa is now the most difficult to get after Japan it’s even easier to get US visa now than canada if you have appointments
Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by delpee(f): 2:16pm On Nov 03, 2022
lanresz:
I'm not sure the country knows what the impact of the brain drain is down the road. When skilled people in the 25 to 45 age range are relocating from the country. You have a lot to deal with. We are very enterprising, intelligent and diligent, once we get to a place and adapt, we become almost unstoppable.

They know but appear helpless.
Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by ednut1(m): 2:40pm On Nov 03, 2022
Maj196:
I'm a Tech guy planning to immigrate. How do I start? and what do I need to be eligible?
https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by Maj196(m): 2:50pm On Nov 03, 2022
delpee:

Tech people are doing so well there. Visit Canada.ca. Read up on immigration and citizenship. I think that should guide you. Check other sites too but beware of fraudsters. The government official sites provide enough information. There are helpful and active Canada immigration threads on Nairaland too.

Hope you're under 30 and university educated or with professional certifications.
Yes and under 30
Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by Phyde: 2:52pm On Nov 03, 2022
Interesting
Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by BigBashiru: 3:20pm On Nov 03, 2022
lanresz:
Europeans are still migrating to Canada. France is among the top 10 biggest sources of new permanent residents To Canada in 2021. Surprisingly, the U.S. is among the top 10 as well. People migrate for many reasons.

Canada is European land....its their land....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by CeceNene(f): 4:12pm On Nov 03, 2022
By God's grace, I will japa next year
Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by BennyDGreat: 4:19pm On Nov 03, 2022
delpee:
They're taking the best of our youth (those who choose to apply). They know we're enterprising, intelligent and diligent. All you need is to take some courses to acquaint yourself with their operating systems once you arrive. You may experience a setback for the first 2 years in terms of position but it doesn't take long to catch up once you have Canadian experience.

We just need to get it right with leadership.
It will shake the nation to its very roots.
Some of these people abroad sef are struggling and would chose to come back if the country becomes better.
Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by BennyDGreat: 4:20pm On Nov 03, 2022
Nosayer:

When people were doing chop your own make i chop mine, what do you think it would lead to?

So many job opportunities are available in Nigeria since people retire everyday too but is the government filling them up? Most of the time, the government doesn't even know there are spaces there because of ghost workers.

They'd hold lecturers by the balls but the real corrupt people in various secrétariats keep stealing money and it's now normal. How many percentage of people with private cars legitimately got the money to buy those cars?

Your last question is deep...
Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by adspelite(m): 6:09pm On Nov 03, 2022
Akwamkpuruamu:
Can #5m relocate one with family to Canada? Because if Obi no win, this country will be be so messed up

Yes, without transport.
Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by blueAgent(m): 7:25pm On Nov 03, 2022
Slurity:
How did you guys reason self? Who is deceiving you with all imaginary lies? How on earth will you believe Obi will deliver than Tinubu? It's just like comparing comparing Jonathan to Obama in terms of performance. Do you think Tinubu's achievements in Lagos is exaggerated or just lies? The only thing that I think should be reason why we may not think toward Tinubu is is age, that is all. Except hatred or sentiment, Tinubu should be getting support from all angles of this country. I am currently not doing too well to my satisfaction but common sense should tell us that Tinubu is a better candidate by far.

Which achievements dies Tinubu has?
Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by Crusadee: 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2022
Igboslayer:
Obviously you are profoundly foolish because of lack of Amala and Ewedu in your system... Eat the amala below make you get sense small...

If you can't, then use the rope below. If you quote me again without making sense, then you have chose the unenviable path of killing yourself hence, I can't help you. Either you eat food or die Your choice your problem.

Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by Tundex911: 10:49pm On Nov 03, 2022
Japarism
Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by ayandee: 2:23am On Nov 05, 2022
ednut1:
the calibre of people that typically qualify for Canada immigration are skilled people who have worked at least 3 years in their home countries. When they get to Canada they continue their professions or upgrade to another one. Most of us here are not causing wahala. The wahala usually happens in countries that open their doors for every cat and dog. Scammers and riff raffs will follow enter. Olosho, cultists and yahoo boys dey enter uae, india, malaysia and co easy in the past or currently. Na why kasala burst.
true. The average Nigerian in Canada is a professional of some sort. They are easy-going, responsible people seeking better opportunities in légitimité ways.
Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by olalekan9320(m): 3:21am On Nov 05, 2022
BigBashiru:

Canada is European land....its their land....
grin grin You're so funny, please read up on Canada history or whatever, you would know it isn't "European land"
Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by BigBashiru: 3:46am On Nov 05, 2022
olalekan9320:
grin grin You're so funny, please read up on Canada history or whatever, you would know it isn't "European land"

Western Europeans killed off natives and named it Canada
Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by mediclife1987(m): 6:09pm On Nov 10, 2022
HeadNigga:
I will wait until the 2023 elections are over. If obi wins I stay, if they rig him out I move

You had better started packing your bags now so you don't get stuck, cos you go too cry when that time comes...
Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by mediclife1987(m): 6:14pm On Nov 10, 2022
ednut1:
the calibre of people that typically qualify for Canada immigration are skilled people who have worked at least 3 years in their home countries. When they get to Canada they continue their professions or upgrade to another one. Most of us here are not causing wahala. The wahala usually happens in countries that open their doors for every cat and dog. Scammers and riff raffs will follow enter. Olosho, cultists and yahoo boys dey enter uae, india, malaysia and co easy in the past or currently. Na why kasala burst.

Can you please help find out how a medical doctor working for 10years in Nigeria can get work over there in a reputable place.
Thanks
Re: Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch by mediclife1987(m): 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2022
gabemuyi:
Australia too

Tell me about Australia abeg...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak In Ibadan: Fuel Tanker Exploded. / Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos / Should I Still Travel To The USA?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.