Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,947 members, 7,814,210 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Why Sin Repeals God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Sin Repeals God (443 Views)

Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” / Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? / 3 Reasons Why I Don't Preach On Repentance ( "Turn From Sin" ) - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Sin Repeals God by ACKCITY: 9:32am On Nov 03, 2022
During the time of Prophet Haggai, God Almighty sent the prophet to the Israelites to warn them of their sins and the need for them to repent, the same way He is sending me to you today to warn you about your sins.

He told the prophet that the Israelites are sinning and because of their sins, He has caused them so much hardship.

The same way the Lord is telling us, Nigerians today that He is punishing us because of our sins, sins of adultery, fornication, and stealing, cheating, lying and fraudulent transactions.

He is telling us as a nation, then as individuals that the stagnation we are experiencing is due to our sins. You are suffering because you have cheated too many people that is why you are not making progress in your career, in your businesses. You have lied to too many people; you have cheated too many girls, that is why your marriage is not working out. You have committed too many abortions, that is why you are not getting pregnant again!

The prophet asked the Israelites this question: “If one of you is carrying some meat for a holy sacrifice in his robes and his robe happens to brush against some bread or stew, wine or olive oil, or any other kind of food, will it also become holy” And the Israelites said, No!

Take for instance, an anointed man of God, a miracle working child of God who mistakenly brushes his body on that of a prostitute in a large crowd. Does that make the prostitute holy, or does that defile the prophet? The answer is No!

Read more here: https://www.ackcitynews.com/2022/11/why-sin-repeals-god.html

Re: Why Sin Repeals God by Elevation(m): 10:06am On Nov 03, 2022
Good morning, thank you for this vital spiritual information, however I'll love to add that "repel" is the right word not "repeal". Thanks
Re: Why Sin Repeals God by michaelwestern(m): 6:10pm On Nov 03, 2022
We are now in an era of grace. God is not angry at sin in a Christian's life.
Re: Why Sin Repeals God by Kobojunkie: 6:11pm On Nov 03, 2022
michaelwestern:
What does era of grace mean? undecided

And where do you get this idea that God now condones sin in those who claim to believe in Jesus Christ?, undecided
Re: Why Sin Repeals God by Kobojunkie: 6:14pm On Nov 03, 2022
Elevation:
Good morning, thank you for this vital spiritual information, however I'll love to add that "repel" is the right word not "repeal". Thanks
How can the above be considered vital when Jesus Christ never called His disciples to the following of the Old Covenant and its prophets but to a different Law, the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, a Kingdom not of this world? undecided
Re: Why Sin Repeals God by michaelwestern(m): 6:26pm On Nov 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What does era of grace mean? undecided

And where do you get this idea that God now condones sin in those who claim to believe in Jesus Christ?, undecided

Jesus Christ paid the sacrifice for sin. It's not that God now condones sin, it's just that God has already judged sin in Jesus, condemning a Christian for sin again will be like double jeopardy.
Re: Why Sin Repeals God by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On Nov 03, 2022
michaelwestern:
1. Jesus Christ paid the sacrifice for sin. It's not that God now condones sin,
2. it's just that God has already judged sin in Jesus,
3. condemning a Christian for sin again will be like double jeopardy.
Jesus Christ did not tell you any of that so be more specific about where exactly that idea comes from so we can properly understand why the message seems to contravene the very decree of Jesus Christ which instead stipulates that it is by living one's life in continuous submission and obedience of the Truth of God, His teachings and commandments, that one comes to know the Truth and is set free from slavery to sin by the Truth. undecided

2. God hasn't done that, and that is why there is a judgment at the end when Jesus Christ returns. Jesus Christ, again, told you of this over 2000 years ago - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 & John 5 vs 19 - 29. So why you assume His everlasting, meaning unchanging, truth has changed, you will need to specifically indicate. undecided

3. Jesus Christ Himself condemned those who refuse to obey His teachings and commandments - sin is disobedience of His commandments and teachings - as not loving Him, not being of Him, suggesting them His enemies - John 14 vs 15 - 25 & John 15 vs 14 & Matthew 7 vs 24 - 29 and He also informed that all of them will be judged guilty when He returns - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 & John 5 vs 19 - 29 -so, I am not certain where you get your double jeopardy idea from as judgment day for all those who believe in Jesus Christ yet refusing to obey Him is still to come. undecided
Re: Why Sin Repeals God by delkuf(m): 9:46pm On Nov 03, 2022
michaelwestern:
So we should continue sinning
Re: Why Sin Repeals God by michaelwestern(m): 1:53am On Nov 04, 2022
delkuf:
So we should continue sinning

Of course not. There are a lot of reasons not to commit sins but it shouldn't be because you believe God is angry with sin in a Christian's life. Because, He's not.
Re: Why Sin Repeals God by Kobojunkie: 2:56am On Nov 04, 2022
michaelwestern:
Of course not. There are a lot of reasons not to commit sins but it shouldn't be because you believe God is angry with sin in a Christian's life. Because, He's not.
There are a lot of reasons not to commit sins? And here I taught the one reason not to commit sin is because it is disobedience of God's teachings and commandments - that is exactly what sin is and the reason why God abhors sin(disobedience). undecided

Of course, I am in no way attempting to hold brief for the OP and his angry-God theory which does not hold through in Jesus Christ in whim instead, those who claim to believe in Jesus Christ but live in sin(disobedience) are said to be of their father the devil - John 8 vs 31 - 36 - and to be cast away into the place of eternal damnation when Jesus Christ returns and judges them - Matthew 25 vs 40 - 46 undecided
Re: Why Sin Repeals God by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 04, 2022
God is punishing Nigeria because of sins? America and China are holy lands, I presume?

1 Like

Re: Why Sin Repeals God by michaelwestern(m): 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
There are a lot of reasons not to commit sins? And here I taught the one reason not to commit sin is because it is disobedience of God's teachings and commandments - that is exactly what sin is and the reason why God abhors sin(disobedience). undecided

Of course, I am in no way attempting to hold brief for the OP and his angry-God theory which does not hold through in Jesus Christ in whim instead, those who claim to believe in Jesus Christ but live in sin(disobedience) are said to be of their father the devil - John 8 vs 31 - 36 - and to be cast away into the place of eternal damnation when Jesus Christ returns and judges them - Matthew 25 vs 40 - 46 undecided

Your first paragraph is correct. The second one is wrong though. Your ticket to heaven is your belief in Jesus Christ not whether you sinned or not.
Re: Why Sin Repeals God by sonmvayina(m): 12:40pm On Nov 04, 2022
It is God who placed both good and evil in front of us. He created both options. Sin is just making a wrong choice or missing the mark. Its purpose is for us to learn and grow.
Re: Why Sin Repeals God by Kobojunkie: 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2022
michaelwestern:
Your first paragraph is correct. The second one is wrong though. Your ticket to heaven is your belief in Jesus Christ not whether you sinned or not.
So you are invariably declaring Jesus Christ, the one who instead made known that it is instead righteousness(works) that gives you access to His Heaven - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 & John 5 vs 19 - 29 , a liar? undecided

You do understand that the righteous are those who live above sin and as a result their works are acceptable to God? undecided
Re: Why Sin Repeals God by michaelwestern(m): 5:39am On Nov 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So you are invariably declaring Jesus Christ, the one who instead made known that it is instead righteousness(works) that gives you access to His Heaven - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 & John 5 vs 19 - 29 , a liar? undecided

You do understand that the righteous are those who live above sin and as a result their works are acceptable to God? undecided

Yes, you need righteousness to get into heaven. But not your own righteousness, you have access to the righteousness of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ took your sins and suffered the punishment for your sin, you can now take His righteousness and enjoy the benefits of His righteousness.

It was a divine exchange. Or what do you think that Jesus Christ died for?
Re: Why Sin Repeals God by Kobojunkie: 5:53am On Nov 05, 2022
michaelwestern:
1. Yes, you need righteousness to get into heaven. But not your own righteousness, you have access to the righteousness of Jesus Christ.
2. Jesus Christ took your sins and suffered the punishment for your sin, you can now take His righteousness and enjoy the benefits of His righteousness. It was a divine exchange. Or what do you think that Jesus Christ died for?
1. Interesting claim you make there. So, let's examine what Jesus Christ in fact said would happen when He returns and judges the works of righteousness of the sheep and goats.
31. “The Son of Man will come again with divine greatness, and all his angels will come with him. He will sit as king on his great and glorious throne.
32. All the people of the world will be gathered before him. Then he will separate everyone into two groups. It will be like a shepherd separating his sheep from his goats.
33. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34. “Then the king will say to the godly people on his right, ‘Come, my Father has great blessings for you. The kingdom he promised is now yours. It has been prepared for you since the world was made. .
35. It is yours because when I was hungry, you gave me food to eat. When I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink. When I had no place to stay, you welcomed me into your home.
36. When I was without clothes, you gave me something to wear. When I was sick, you cared for me. When I was in prison, you came to visit me.’
37. “Then the godly people will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and give you food? When did we see you thirsty and give you something to drink?
38. When did we see you with no place to stay and welcome you into our home? When did we see you without clothes and give you something to wear?
39. When did we see you sick or in prison and care for you?’
40. “Then the king will answer, ‘The truth is, anything you did for any of my people here, you also did for me.’
41. “Then the king will say to the evil people on his left, ‘Get away from me. God has already decided that you will be punished. Go into the fire that burns forever—the fire that was prepared for the devil and his angels. .
42. You must go away because when I was hungry, you gave me nothing to eat. When I was thirsty, you gave me nothing to drink.
43. When I had no place to stay, you did not welcome me into your home. When I was without clothes, you gave me nothing to wear. When I was sick and in prison, you did not care for me.’
44. “Then those people will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty? When did we see you without a place to stay? Or when did we see you without clothes or sick or in prison? When did we see any of this and not help you?’
45. “The king will answer, ‘The truth is, anything you refused to do for any of my people here, you refused to do for me.’
46 Then these evil people will go away to be punished forever. But the godly people will go and enjoy eternal life.”. - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 36.
In verse 40 above, when the King said to the sheep, "The Truth is, anything YOU did for any of my people here, YOU also did for me", who was the YOU the King was referring to there? Whose work of righteousness was the King judged? undecided

And when in verse 45, where the King said to the goat, "The Truth is, anything YOU refused to do for any of my people here, YOU refused to do for me", who was the YOU the King was referring to there? Whose unrighteousness was it that the King judged? undecided

2. But the same Jesus Christ is recorded to have said instead that the way for you to be set free from slavery to sin by the Truth is for you to continue in submission and obedience to His teachings and commanding, the Truth, in order to be set free by the Truth - John 8 vs 31 - 38? undecided

And if Jesus Christ has already made you righteous, then why is there a judgment day where you will be judged for whether you are righteous or not - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46? undecided

Notice how what you believe contradicts the very teachings of Jesus Christ Himself, the one who you claim saves you. Can two walk together unless they agree? undecided
Re: Why Sin Repeals God by michaelwestern(m): 4:45am On Nov 06, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Interesting claim you make there. So, let's examine what Jesus Christ in fact said would happen when He returns and judges the works of righteousness of the sheep and goats.
In verse 40 above, when the King said to the sheep, "The Truth is, anything YOU did for any of my people here, YOU also did for me", who was the YOU the King was referring to there? Whose work of righteousness was the King judged? undecided

And when in verse 45, where the King said to the goat, "The Truth is, anything YOU refused to do for any of my people here, YOU refused to do for me", who was the YOU the King was referring to there? Whose unrighteousness was it that the King judged? undecided

2. But the same Jesus Christ is recorded to have said instead that the way for you to be set free from slavery to sin by the Truth is for you to continue in submission and obedience to His teachings and commanding, the Truth, in order to be set free by the Truth - John 8 vs 31 - 38? undecided

And if Jesus Christ has already made you righteous, then why is there a judgment day where you will be judged for whether you are righteous or not - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46? undecided

Notice how what you believe contradicts the very teachings of Jesus Christ Himself, the one who you claim saves you. Can two walk together unless they agree? undecided

But you see Jesus Christ had not yet died at this time. Jesus Christ in His ministry on earth showed us the perfect will God. All the instructions there are about love. Showing love to your neighbours which is the will of God.

Before Jesus Christ died on the cross, you had to fulfill the perfect will of God to get into heaven, now you don't. You just have to believe in Jesus Christ and accept His righteousness. Jesus Christ did all those things, so by receiving His righteousness you have also done those things and you are perfect before God.
Re: Why Sin Repeals God by Kobojunkie: 5:22am On Nov 06, 2022
michaelwestern:

1. But you see Jesus Christ had not yet died at this time. Jesus Christ in His ministry on earth showed us the perfect will God. All the instructions there are about love. Showing love to your neighbours which is the will of God.

2. Before Jesus Christ died on the cross, you had to fulfill the perfect will of God to get into heaven, now you don't. You just have to believe in Jesus Christ and accept His righteousness. Jesus Christ did all those things, so by receiving His righteousness you have also done those things and you are perfect before God.
1. Here's the problem with this fallacious doctrines you lot cling to, all Jesus Christ's teachings regarding love which you pretend to cling to, He taught before His death. So following your own claims, Jesus Christ changed His mind regarding even that after His death, right? undecided

Look, Jesus Christ taught that He is God's Truth @,# Law, and that God's Truth/Law is everlasting meaning it never changes and lives on for eternity. Meaning that what He stated about judging your righteousness in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 stands forever. So, again, let's examine what Jesus Christ in fact said would happen when He returns and judges the works of righteousness of the sheep and goats.
▪︎In verse 40 above, when the King said to the sheep, "The Truth is, anything YOU did for any of my people here, YOU also did for me", who was the YOU the King was referring to there? Whose work of righteousness was the King judged? undecided

▪︎And when in verse 45, where the King said to the goat, "The Truth is, anything YOU refused to do for any of my people here, YOU refused to do for me", who was the YOU the King was referring to there? Whose unrighteousness was it that the King judged? undecided

2. According to Jesus Christ, the perfect will of God which you have to fulfill in order to enter into Heaven is God's New Covenant and Truth in the Kingdom of God aka the Gospel and Law which is revealed in the very teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. And as Jesus Christ severally explained, those who belong to Him are those who accept and obey His teachings. They are those who are able to be set free by His teachings and commandments, the Truth, from slavery to sin - John 8 vs 31 - 36 - , to then do works that are acceptable to God. lipsrsealed

Again, if you assume Jesus Christ has already made you righteous, then why is there a judgment day where you will be judged for whether you are righteous or not - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46? undecided

Re: Why Sin Repeals God by michaelwestern(m): 6:12am On Nov 06, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Here's the problem with this fallacious doctrines you lot cling to, all Jesus Christ's teachings regarding love which you pretend to cling to, He taught before His death. So following your own claims, Jesus Christ changed His mind regarding even that after His death, right? undecided

Look, Jesus Christ taught that He is God's Truth @,# Law, and that God's Truth/Law is everlasting meaning it never changes and lives on for eternity. Meaning that what He stated about judging your righteousness in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 stands forever. So, again, let's examine what Jesus Christ in fact said would happen when He returns and judges the works of righteousness of the sheep and goats.
▪︎In verse 40 above, when the King said to the sheep, "The Truth is, anything YOU did for any of my people here, YOU also did for me", who was the YOU the King was referring to there? Whose work of righteousness was the King judged? undecided

▪︎And when in verse 45, where the King said to the goat, "The Truth is, anything YOU refused to do for any of my people here, YOU refused to do for me", who was the YOU the King was referring to there? Whose unrighteousness was it that the King judged? undecided

2. According to Jesus Christ, the perfect will of God which you have to fulfill in order to enter into Heaven is God's New Covenant and Truth in the Kingdom of God aka the Gospel and Law which is revealed in the very teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. And as Jesus Christ severally explained, those who belong to Him are those who accept and obey His teachings. They are those who are able to be set free by His teachings and commandments, the Truth, from slavery to sin - John 8 vs 31 - 36 - , to then do works that are acceptable to God. lipsrsealed

Again, if you assume Jesus Christ has already made you righteous, then why is there a judgment day where you will be judged for whether you are righteous or not - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46? undecided

My question to you is:
What did Jesus Christ die for?
What do you benefit from the crucifixion of Jesus Christ?
Re: Why Sin Repeals God by Kobojunkie: 6:27am On Nov 06, 2022
michaelwestern:
My question to you is:
What did Jesus Christ die for?
What do you benefit from the crucifixion of Jesus Christ?
Jesus Christ shed His body and blood on the cross in other to begin the agreement - Matthew 26 vs 28 - 30 - which God promised to His people, Israel, and to bless the world with. He explained this in His teachings , His Gospels, and His mandate to all those who will come to Him is that they obey His teachings and commandments in order to become of Him. undecided

The only way to benefit from Jesus Christ is to accept and obey His teachings and commandments- all almost 100 of them - else, you will go nowhere near His Heaven. Eternal damnation is meant for all those who claim to believe in Jesus Christ Yet refusing to accept and obey His teachings and commandments . undecided
Re: Why Sin Repeals God by michaelwestern(m): 6:37am On Nov 06, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ shed His body and blood on the cross in other to begin the agreement - Matthew 26 vs 28 - 30 - which God promised to His people, Israel, and to bless the world with. He explained this in His teachings , His Gospels, and His mandate to all those who will come to Him is that they obey His teachings and commandments in order to become of Him. undecided

Which means that believing in Jesus Christ does not actually save you from hell, it just gives you an opportunity to be saved from hell fire? So technically your salvation from hell is not really dependent on Jesus but on your own righteousness?

What of those that don't believe in Jesus Christ but obey all the commandments, will they go to heaven?
Re: Why Sin Repeals God by Kobojunkie: 7:14am On Nov 06, 2022
michaelwestern:
1. Which means that believing in Jesus Christ does not actually save you from hell, it just gives you an opportunity to be saved from hell fire?

2. So technically your salvation from hell is not really dependent on Jesus but on your own righteousness?

3. What of those that don't believe in Jesus Christ but obey all the commandments, will they go to heaven?
1. According to Jesus Christ, "believing" involves a lot more than the mental gymnastics of convincing yourself you are for Him. No, it entails living your very life in continuous acceptance/trust/submission and obedience of His teachings and commandments- what it means to be a faithful servant of Jesus Christ. And only those who stand faithful until the end will be saved - Matthew 24 vs 12 - 13 & Mark 13 vs 13 undecided

And just so you know every single person who will end up in Eternal damnation are all born-again. The problem is they are all those who refuse to continue in acceptance and obedience of the teachings of Jesus Christ and as a result, remain slaves to sin until the end. undecided

2. As Jesus Christ said, your salvation from Hell depends on the works of righteousness you do. He is coming back to judge you and your works, not someone else's work or His own work. So, if you reject His teachings and commandments based on the inane idea that you will earn your own righteousness by doing what Jesus Christ commands, then I am afraid, where you will fall is exactly where He said those who think as you do ought to. undecided

3. According to Jesus Christ, except a man be born-again, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 1 -8 , and in order to be born-again, not only must you accept the gift of eternal life, but you must also be born of water and of spirit - eat His Body and drink His blood as seal of the agreement that is the New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God. So how can anyone who does not at least obey the above laws gain access into the Kingdom of God where Heaven and Hell are both domains in? undecided
Re: Why Sin Repeals God by michaelwestern(m): 8:44am On Nov 06, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. According to Jesus Christ, "believing" involves a lot more than the mental gymnastics of convincing yourself you are for Him. No, it entails living your very life in continuous acceptance/trust/submission and obedience of His teachings and commandments- what it means to be a faithful servant of Jesus Christ. And only those who stand faithful until the end will be saved - Matthew 24 vs 12 - 13 & Mark 13 vs 13 undecided

And just so you know every single person who will end up in Eternal damnation are all born-again. The problem is they are all those who refuse to continue in acceptance and obedience of the teachings of Jesus Christ and as a result, remain slaves to sin until the end. undecided

2. As Jesus Christ said, your salvation from Hell depends on the works of righteousness you do. He is coming back to judge you and your works, not someone else's work or His own work. So, if you reject His teachings and commandments based on the inane idea that you will earn your own righteousness by doing what Jesus Christ commands, then I am afraid, where you will fall is exactly where He said those who think as you do ought to. undecided

3. According to Jesus Christ, except a man be born-again, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 1 -8 , and in order to be born-again, not only must you accept the gift of eternal life, but you must also be born of water and of spirit - eat His Body and drink His blood as seal of the agreement that is the New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God. So how can anyone who does not at least obey the above laws gain access into the Kingdom of God where Heaven and Hell are both domains in? undecided

What do you mean by every person that will go to hell is born again?
What of people that are not born again, are they not going to hell?

(1) (Reply)

Conducting Burial Ceremony In The Church / The Homophobic Liars / How Abel Fought Back Until Cain And His Descendants All Perished From The Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.