Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Would You Marry The One You Love Or Love The One You Marry? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry The One You Love Or Love The One You Marry? (1085 Views)

Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One) / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? / Ten Ways To Marry The Wrong Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Marry The One You Love Or Love The One You Marry? by stepo707: 8:19am On Aug 22, 2011
I was going through this manual and i saw this question
Would you Marry the ONE you Love or Love the ONE you Marry?
They mean different things.
So which would you prefer and why?
Re: Would You Marry The One You Love Or Love The One You Marry? by Tosinville(m): 8:25am On Aug 22, 2011
Can't still get this, you need to rephrase, pal.
Re: Would You Marry The One You Love Or Love The One You Marry? by Tosinville(m): 8:28am On Aug 22, 2011
Or you wanna say:

Would you marry the one you love or the one that loves you?
Re: Would You Marry The One You Love Or Love The One You Marry? by pendo89(f): 8:35am On Aug 22, 2011
stepo707:

I was going through this manual and i saw this question
Would you Marry the ONE you Love or Love the ONE you Marry?
They mean different things.
So which would you prefer and why?

Ask yourself this, would you marry somebody you are not in love with? if the answer is no then you will realise that this is just a reverse question in disguise.
It automatically answers itself. The meaning is the same.

let me simplify.

I love you >> I marry you
I marry you>> I love you.
Re: Would You Marry The One You Love Or Love The One You Marry? by stepo707: 8:49am On Aug 22, 2011
@ pendo89
Are you saying that they mean the same thing?

I would definitely marry someone i love but more importantly i would love the one i marry.
Re: Would You Marry The One You Love Or Love The One You Marry? by Tosinville(m): 8:51am On Aug 22, 2011
Love can't be mutual between two lovebirds, one will definately love the other better in a relationship.

Even in Nigeria, some girls take the risk of marrying wealthy men not because of the affection in it but for the material things he has, so it aint no big deal & i'm still expecting some NL 9ja girls to say this if they don't wanna pretend.
Re: Would You Marry The One You Love Or Love The One You Marry? by stepo707: 8:54am On Aug 22, 2011
Tosinville:

Or you wanna say:

Would you marry the one you love or the one that loves you?

No tosinville i meant Marry the ONE you Love
or
Love the ONE you Marry?
Re: Would You Marry The One You Love Or Love The One You Marry? by Tosinville(m): 9:04am On Aug 22, 2011
OK, but sure its a normal thing to marry the one you love.
Re: Would You Marry The One You Love Or Love The One You Marry? by pendo89(f): 9:22am On Aug 22, 2011
stepo707:

@ pendo89
Are you saying that they mean the same thing?

I would definitely marry someone i love but more importantly i would love the one i marry.

What am saying basically is,you[b] must love enough to marry.[/b] So what changes thereafter? you keep the flame of the same love [/b]burning in marriage.
[b]what is the difference btwn the love u had for me b4 marriage and the love you now have for me after marriage?
Either way there was love on both ends. The intensity may vary but the love is the same.
Lets just say one led to the other and without one the other would not exist.

Tosinville:

Even in Nigeria, some girls take the risk of marrying wealthy men not because of the affection in it but for the material things he has,

We are talking about love here.The bolded is not my defination of love. so it doesnt apply here.
Since love didnt bring you together then love wont keep the marriage.If money was the reason for marriage then you will need the money to sustain the marriage.
What brings you together is what will keep you together.

Money+relationship>> marriage + money
Love+relationship>>>marriage+ love

Which of the 2 above do u think will last? One is tangible while the other is not.One can disappear in a flash while the other takes time to die but can be revived.

Re: Would You Marry The One You Love Or Love The One You Marry? by Tosinville(m): 9:49am On Aug 22, 2011
Since there's no money to get d love then no relationship not to talk marriage in Nigeria, ask NL 9ja girls like tpia@.
Re: Would You Marry The One You Love Or Love The One You Marry? by Goldieluks: 11:55am On Aug 22, 2011
Most times people end up not marrying the one they love,so it wouldn't be a bad choice to love the one you marry.
Re: Would You Marry The One You Love Or Love The One You Marry? by stepo707: 12:05pm On Aug 22, 2011
@ Goldieluks

Sustained
Re: Would You Marry The One You Love Or Love The One You Marry? by pendo89(f): 12:16pm On Aug 22, 2011
Goldieluks:

Most times people end up[b] not marrying the one they love[/b],so it wouldn't be a bad choice to love the one you marry.

And that is the root of Adultery. Because you will keep loving the one you did not marry and hating the one you call wife undecided
Best thing is, if you end up marrying the one you dint love then try and love her.Deal with what you have cz it was your fault.
Re: Would You Marry The One You Love Or Love The One You Marry? by Goldieluks: 12:26pm On Aug 22, 2011
pendo89:

And that is the root of Adultery. Because you will keep loving the one you did not marry and hating the one you call wife undecided
Best thing is, if you end up marrying the one you dint love then try and love her.Deal with what you have cz it was your fault.

I totally disagree with you,because not everyone sleeps around,my dear.Loving the one you are married to is not a new thing at all.
Most people do not get married to the people they love,due to some unseen circumstances,maybe for example,your inlove
with a guy,whom you wanted to get married to,and you later find out that your genotype doesn't match,maybe
you are both AS,you simply would let go,even if your crazily inlove with the person.There are loads of reasons why people end
loving the one they are married to,instead of maybe getting married to the one they love.
Re: Would You Marry The One You Love Or Love The One You Marry? by pendo89(f): 12:55pm On Aug 22, 2011
Goldieluks:

I totally disagree with you,because not everyone sleeps around,my dear.Loving the one you are married to is not a new thing at all.
Most people do not get married to the people they love,due to some unseen circumstances,maybe for example,your inlove
with a guy,whom you wanted to get married to,and you later find out that your genotype doesn't match,maybe
you are both AS,you simply would let go,even if your crazily inlove with the person.There are loads of reasons why people end
loving the one they are married to,instead of maybe getting married to the one they love.

okay I agree with you there cz  you just reminded me  of planned marriages like what happens among the hindu.

That genotype is another complex thing all together. You will leave the person but the pain will be too much.some decide to stick.This word love,makes people do the impossible

My conclusion is do both.love the one you marry and marry the one you love. cant say better.
Re: Would You Marry The One You Love Or Love The One You Marry? by ice234: 1:01pm On Aug 22, 2011
This message has exist over time!!! Repeated thread
Re: Would You Marry The One You Love Or Love The One You Marry? by MMM2(m): 1:08pm On Aug 22, 2011
i can believe dat people now do exam malpractice in NL angry
Re: Would You Marry The One You Love Or Love The One You Marry? by Monike: 2:56pm On Aug 22, 2011
[color=#990000][/color]            wot matters most in a relationship or marriage is love n above all trust. If u really like d person ur friend,then it can take u to next level which is love n if  love u friend deeply then n only then u can move to d final stage which is marriage but make sure u trust each other. So wot am tryin to say is dat i personally will marry d one i love dearly.
Re: Would You Marry The One You Love Or Love The One You Marry? by claremont(m): 11:26pm On Aug 22, 2011
@OP: I will do neither! Mutual compatibility is the bedrock of any potentially long-lasting relationship, anyone who suggests otherwise is surely living in denial! cool
Re: Would You Marry The One You Love Or Love The One You Marry? by Mynd44: 12:06am On Aug 23, 2011
Goldieluks:

Most times people end up not marrying the one they love,so it wouldn't be a bad choice to love the one you marry.

And what happens if you discover that you cannot love the person you marry?
Re: Would You Marry The One You Love Or Love The One You Marry? by Years(m): 12:25am On Aug 23, 2011
Marriage don't really make much sence a lot of ppl these days with the way divorce profile is skyrocketing,
For me I really need a reason to be in marriage which is to really be in love and the love reciprocated @ dsame altitude

(1) (Reply)

Why The War? / While Waiting For Mr Right / 2 Out Of 3 Condom Found In Her Bag Twice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.