Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? (11214 Views)

Which Food Can #1,000 Cook That Will Last For 3days? / Best Food For Life: Which Food Do You Eat Everyday? / Which Food Do You Hate That Most People Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by DWJOBScom(m): 4:11pm On Nov 04, 2022
budaatum:

Damn! You know the plot? Its on Dairo Street Ketu. I looked it up on Google Earth and it sure has been developed. No space for a pot plant, lol.

It is just disappointing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by ramark04: 4:27pm On Nov 04, 2022
Egbo, cannabis

1 Like

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Ijb11: 4:40pm On Nov 04, 2022
Many
Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Messi1: 11:57am On Nov 05, 2022
OfficialP:
Which food crops can be grown at home and how, this will go a long way now that for prices are skyrocketing
undecided
OfficialP:
Which food crops can be grown at home and how, this will go a long way now that for prices are skyrocketing
Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by RepoMan007: 5:05pm On Nov 05, 2022
Ugwu, rice in any single 100m² space, pepper.
Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by sylve11: 2:51pm On Nov 08, 2022
CyberHustle:
yams in sacks.

I have never seen a big harvest from yams in the sack.
They are always tiny. embarassed cool

1 Like

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by sylve11: 3:31pm On Nov 08, 2022
Slimkween:
Okra!!!!!!
See the ones I harvested yesterday

These are semi dried okras na. embarassed cool
Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by CyberHustle: 7:57pm On Nov 08, 2022
sylve11:

I have never seen a big harvest from yams in the sack.
They are always tiny. embarassed cool
really? I wonder what makes yam big then.
Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Slimkween: 3:07pm On Nov 09, 2022
sylve11:

These are semi dried okras na. embarassed cool
Ogbeni open ya eyes well.
Those aren't semi dried at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by budaatum: 10:02am On Nov 11, 2022
Slimkween:

Ogbeni open ya eyes well.
Those aren't semi dried at all.

The freshness is in their obvious youth. Only those who grow it like you can have eyes to see it.
Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by budaatum: 10:05am On Nov 11, 2022
CyberHustle:
really? I wonder what makes yam big then.

Plant in loose soil (that's the purpose of the big mound). And let it grow for 2+ years, preferably 3.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Slimkween: 12:25pm On Nov 11, 2022
budaatum:

The freshness is in their obvious youth. Only those who grow it like you can have eyes to see it.
Please help me tell them oooo
Something that I harvested myself.
Thank you jare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by budaatum: 1:02pm On Nov 11, 2022
Slimkween:

Please help me tell them oooo
Something that I harvested myself.
Thank you jare.
When you cook that your nice fresh okro I bet you laugh at them. So, why should they be told when they don't deserve to know? It's not as if they deserve the freshness you are eating.

Abeg, if they want to know they should go and plant their own.

2 Likes

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Slimkween: 10:33pm On Nov 11, 2022
budaatum:

When you cook that your nice fresh okro I bet you laugh at them. So, why should they be told when they don't deserve to know? It's not as if they deserve the freshness you are eating.

Likeeee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Slimkween: 10:33pm On Nov 11, 2022
budaatum:

Period!!!!!
Boss better oil dey your head jare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Kobojunkie: 1:19am On Nov 12, 2022
otuword:
this is nt planting seasons we are approaching dry seasons
There is no such thing as dry season so long as you are able to water your garden and also plant crops that can withstand the temperature. undecided
Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Kobojunkie: 1:21am On Nov 12, 2022
otuword:
Pls can someone tell me when is the best time to plant beans and potatoes
If you are planting it in a garden where you can water it every week particularly during the dry seasons, then you can plant all year round. undecided
Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Kobojunkie: 1:23am On Nov 12, 2022
extol1:
please how you do plant potato
Just put a potato in a big bag of good soil, cover and water regularly. undecided
Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Kobojunkie: 1:24am On Nov 12, 2022
SirAfoy1:
Tomatoes don't thrive on any kind of soil o.
That's were composting makes sense for everyone who wants to venture into gardening.. undecided
Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Kobojunkie: 1:25am On Nov 12, 2022
NACE13:
My parents are the ones who like farming. I grew up as a mini-spoilt kid. Prior to last year, I had never for once held a cutlass or a hoe.
My mother loves papaye and orange a lot, so she's constantly on their matter. She also has pepper, pumpkin leaves, scent leaves. She's planing on launching yam and potato as well. My own is to come around and collect some I can use to cook in my house cool
More like you grew up lazy. Even people who live in the middle of New York know gardening is common sense. undecided
Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Kobojunkie: 1:26am On Nov 12, 2022
onatisi:
are you sure ? I think yams need to be deep in the soil to grow big
You are wrong! They don't. You can plant yam, cassava, potatoes, etc., in sacks. undecided
Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Konquest: 9:14pm On Jan 16
budaatum:
This generation must have never heard of Operation Feed the Nation.

We planted almost everything in our compound. My favourite was ugu and bitterleaf. There was cassava too, and yam and bananas and shọkọ and okro and lots of pawpaws.

It was a single plot of 120mx60m in Ketu Lagos with a 2 storey-house on it too, so planting was all by the edges of the property. The bit I hated was not being able to go to the village for the holidays because my labour was required on our 'farm'.
Bump.
OFN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Konquest: 9:31pm On Jan 16
dominique:
Tomatoes (thrives on any type of soil), peppers, okra, vegetables like ugu, shoko etc
As long as some compost or manure are added to the soil with good water irrigation to avoid stunted tomatoes growth.
Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Konquest: 9:32pm On Jan 16
dominique:

Tomatoes are the easiest to plant, just discard water with tomatoes seeds and watch it start to grow after some weeks. I think you need to dry pepper and okra seeds for them to be able to grow. As for vegetables, you'll have to buy their seeds from farmers, those that sell in the markets can sell to you or direct you on how to get them.
Bump.
Re: Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home? by Konquest: 9:35pm On Jan 16
OfficialP:
Avocado.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? / *The Best Fertility Food* / What Is Ur Favorite Nigerian Packed Noodles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.