Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele (3349 Views)

Breaking: National Rejection, Tinubu Under Intense Pressure To Step Down For Obi / Abba Kyari: DSS Writes Segun Adeniyi; Warns Against Denigrating Secret Police / Oshiomhole, Tinubu Under Fire For Position On Ahmed Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele by Lamanii22(f): 1:01pm On Nov 03, 2022
slivertongue:
Tinubu thinks himself to be a god.
he just wants power…
Re: Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele by slivertongue: 1:08pm On Nov 03, 2022
Lamanii22:
he just wants power…

He should accord other some respect. No man is God. Here today gone tomorrow.
Re: Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 03, 2022
TheSameGuy:
How to identify hate fed and emotional being is not hard.
From their idiotic post, just as yours one would know.

I won't go emotional with you, I ask you again to tell me that politician in your poverty ravaged region that Matches Tinubu politically

Tinubu is nothing, he is not qualified to have a conversation with legitimately hardworking Funke Akindele. He can dine with MC Oluomo, and feel big among Atiku levels of reasoning, but will understand northern on the level of Ivy League and Harvard trained personalities.

Tinubu is nothing.
Re: Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele by OsunOriginal: 1:42pm On Nov 03, 2022
lekanolas:
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Bola Tinubu came under heavy criticism for denigrating the deputy governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Lagos State, Funke Akindele.

Tinubu had on Wednesday told his supporters that it is insulting to mention Akindele’s name in his presence.

Tinubu stated this at the Lagos APC secretariat on Acme Road in Ogba during the party’s caucus meeting.

His supporters during the meeting had sung a campaign song, describing Akindele as a political ‘ant’ compared to Tinubu’s anointed candidate, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

“Who is Funke Akindele before Sanwo-Olu of Lagos? She is an ant,” the supporters sang.

“Don’t even bother to mention her name in my presence. It is an insult. It is disrespectful,” Tinubu replied disdainfully.

But soon after the video of the event emerged online, netizens couldn’t help but call out Tinubu for his hypocrisy.

Commenting on Tinubu’s statement, a Twitter user wrote, “The Fact That Tinubu Is Vexed At The Mention Of Funke Akindele’s Name, It Means Whatever PDP, Jandor And Funke Are Doing In That Lagos, They Should Double It, E Dey Touch Amoda.�”, While another said, “That Jagaban denigrating Funke Akindele. A woman who struggled from the grace to stardom? Who is Seyi Tinubu pls? This is an insult in womenfolks to be honest and this man doesn’t deserve our votes.

One social media user even asked whether Tinubu will have said this if Akindele was contessting under the APC platform . The comment read, “Tinubu said it’s disrespectful to mention Funke Akindele in his presence; Really? But I bet it won’t be disrespectful if she’s contesting on the APC platform or singing him praises. His statement reeks of pr!de, which isn’t surprising cos this is someone who feels very entitled..”

Another Twitter user said:” It is very disrespectful to mention funke Akindele but MC Oluomo is a goal.”
https://newsday.com.ng/netizens-call-out-bola-tinubu-for-denigrating-funke-akindele/

Under fire for what? Whoever doesn't want to be dragged shouldn't go into politics. And what Tinubu said is correct. Who is Funke where Sanwo Olu operates? Democracy is a leveler... otherwise...
Re: Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele by BeanmanX(m): 1:57pm On Nov 03, 2022
I might not be Tinubu supporter but I don't see anything bad in what he said,,we all know Funke is still a child compared to Tinubu, infact Funke is non-existing and a nonentity when it. comes to politics in Nigeria, compared to Tinubu that have vast knowledge about politics and when Tinubu joined politics, Funke was still in primary school.
Re: Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele by emerged01(m): 2:40pm On Nov 03, 2022
Pandev:
Mumu children of hate should wait until after elections before they begin to wail.
I never see tribe wey carry yoruba matter for head like people of the other region.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele by 24SEVEN: 3:10pm On Nov 03, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Where is the fire?

What I saw there are two scallywags namely Oguche and Nkem who are more interested in what happens in Lagos than their desolate villages.

Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Funke Akindele have nothing in common. Tinubu is a seasoned public administrator while Funke plays role in home videos for a price.

So they are poles apart and they should stop mentioning her name in the presence of the great Asiwaju of Nigeria.

Funke is no where close to Senator Remi Tinubu, not to talk of the Jagaban of Africa.

Guy, you are working well. Whatever they are paying you is not a waste. He asked "where is the fire"?? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele by BeardedMeat(m): 3:12pm On Nov 03, 2022
TheSameGuy:
Only unreasonable and Political novice will criticize Tinubu for that statement.

Funke is an actress not a politician, it's an Insult to mention (be referring to) her as a threat even in presence of Lagos ward councilor.

But Desmond idiot is a politician because he's in APC
The criminal ancestor is very uncouth. God forbid BATing! Very unpresidential and very entitled.

Re: Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele by Okwyjesus(m): 3:13pm On Nov 03, 2022
lekanolas:
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Bola Tinubu came under heavy criticism for denigrating the deputy governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Lagos State, Funke Akindele.

Tinubu had on Wednesday told his supporters that it is insulting to mention Akindele’s name in his presence.

Tinubu stated this at the Lagos APC secretariat on Acme Road in Ogba during the party’s caucus meeting.

His supporters during the meeting had sung a campaign song, describing Akindele as a political ‘ant’ compared to Tinubu’s anointed candidate, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

“Who is Funke Akindele before Sanwo-Olu of Lagos? She is an ant,” the supporters sang.

“Don’t even bother to mention her name in my presence. It is an insult. It is disrespectful,” Tinubu replied disdainfully.

But soon after the video of the event emerged online, netizens couldn’t help but call out Tinubu for his hypocrisy.

Commenting on Tinubu’s statement, a Twitter user wrote, “The Fact That Tinubu Is Vexed At The Mention Of Funke Akindele’s Name, It Means Whatever PDP, Jandor And Funke Are Doing In That Lagos, They Should Double It, E Dey Touch Amoda.�”, While another said, “That Jagaban denigrating Funke Akindele. A woman who struggled from the grace to stardom? Who is Seyi Tinubu pls? This is an insult in womenfolks to be honest and this man doesn’t deserve our votes.

One social media user even asked whether Tinubu will have said this if Akindele was contessting under the APC platform . The comment read, “Tinubu said it’s disrespectful to mention Funke Akindele in his presence; Really? But I bet it won’t be disrespectful if she’s contesting on the APC platform or singing him praises. His statement reeks of pr!de, which isn’t surprising cos this is someone who feels very entitled..”

Another Twitter user said:” It is very disrespectful to mention funke Akindele but MC Oluomo is a goal.”
https://newsday.com.ng/netizens-call-out-bola-tinubu-for-denigrating-funke-akindele/

Tinubu has the tendency of metamorphosing to an emperor and dictator if elected
Re: Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele by Dioceseofoyo: 3:21pm On Nov 03, 2022
TheSameGuy:
Only unreasonable and Political novice will criticize Tinubu for that statement.

Funke is an actress not a politician, it's an Insult to mention (be referring to) her as a threat even in presence of Lagos ward councilor.

This is how these so-called politicians brainwash your kind.... They make politicing seem like one enormous mountain that can not be surmounted by anyone!

Stop asslicking these politicians and wake up! It's the same tactic they use to collect your bakeries and give you crumbs to eat like dogs. Spits!
Re: Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele by Timatayo1: 3:34pm On Nov 03, 2022
Amoda Yekini ti lule
Re: Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele by TheSameGuy(m): 3:39pm On Nov 03, 2022
Why do you think every other person is suffering like you?

Why?
Dioceseofoyo:

This is how these so-called politicians brainwash your kind.... They make politicing seem like one enormous mountain that can not be surmounted by anyone!

Stop asslicking these politicians and wake up! It's the same tactic they use to collect your bakeries and give you crumbs to eat like dogs. Spits!
Re: Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele by toneroforever(m): 3:48pm On Nov 03, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Where is the fire?

What I saw there are two scallywags namely Oguche and Nkem who are more interested in what happens in Lagos than their desolate villages.

Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Funke Akindele have nothing in common. Tinubu is a seasoned public administrator while Funke plays role in home videos for a price.

So they are poles apart and they should stop mentioning her name in the presence of the great Asiwaju of Nigeria.

Funke is no where close to Senator Remi Tinubu, not to talk of the Jagaban of Africa.

U r a first class fool honestly. That u sold ur soul to the devil for breadcrumbs isn't in doubt.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele by Durabest: 3:55pm On Nov 03, 2022
[quote author=lekanolas post=118090543]The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Bola Tinubu came under heavy criticism for denigrating the deputy governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Lagos State, Funke Akindele.

But soon after the video of the event emerged online, netizens couldn’t help but call out Tinubu .Is just a political talk Tinubu is a good man.
Re: Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele by Switruth: 3:59pm On Nov 03, 2022
Tinubu will finally give Jandor and Funke sympathy votes. You know Nigerians no dey take insults from these so called elites
Re: Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele by asanausana91: 4:00pm On Nov 03, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Where is the fire?

what I see is a foolish crumbs eater that must defend the senile dementia Man just for the crumbs.
Funke is more popular than the dead old man.
Re: Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele by princeabdul(m): 4:06pm On Nov 03, 2022
What’s denigrating about calling a spade a spade ?
Re: Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele by Ireportlive: 4:37pm On Nov 03, 2022
Irrelevant social media trolls
Re: Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele by manmade(m): 7:17pm On Nov 03, 2022
This'll is the incident I need to confirm that jandor is winning the Lagos State with funke akindele
Re: Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele by Dioceseofoyo: 7:46pm On Nov 03, 2022
TheSameGuy:
Why do you think every other person is suffering like you?

Why?

From your thinking wink It's evident. You're suffering and wretched. He-goats announce themselves from miles away just by their smell. You're no different.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele by TheSameGuy(m): 5:09am On Nov 04, 2022
Ok
Dioceseofoyo:

From your thinking wink It's evident. You're suffering and wretched. He-goats announce themselves from miles away just by their smell. You're no different.
Re: Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele by Racoon(m): 5:13am On Nov 04, 2022
Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall. Tinubu have started falling a long time ago.
Re: Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele by JoeNL22(m): 5:17am On Nov 04, 2022
lekanolas:

"For with God, OBI must be POSSIBLE!"

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele by dettolgel: 6:57am On Nov 04, 2022
BeanmanX:
I might not be Tinubu supporter but I don't see anything bad in what he said,,we all know Funke is still a child compared to Tinubu, infact Funke is non-existing and a nonentity when it. comes to politics in Nigeria, compared to Tinubu that have vast knowledge about politics and when Tinubu joined politics, Funke was still in primary school.

I can see why our country are the way it is.

Someone aspiring for the position of the number one president should be humble and have tactics while dealing with issues.

What happens to a sensible comment like:
" Funke is a young and hardworking lady I love her spirit and I encourage our youths to imbibe such. However I strongly believe that she is inexperienced politically to run a state let alone a state like Lagos state. But she should keep getting involve in politics some day she and her running mate will acquire the required experience to run Lagos and when that time comes we as Lagosian will do the needful. "

Sometimes what you need is just common sense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Told El-rufai North Behind Tinubu, Bafarawa Asks / Who Killed Our Democracy? / Owners Of Nigeria By Seyi Oduyela, A Must Read To All Who Has Not Done So.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.