Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,831 members, 7,813,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Pictures From My Trip To Singapore - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures From My Trip To Singapore (39451 Views)

My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore / My Trip From Benin City To SINGAPORE (photos) / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by davodyguy: 9:17am On Nov 05, 2022
expatinmalay:

you can apply for evisa, its 30 days
Not sure NIGERIAN passport holders qualify.

I intend visiting this December, but Nigeria is not on the website.

I called the embassy and they said I have to get a letter of introduction from a Singaporean.

Someone who wants ti assist said I should bring $500.

I was discouraged, cos he's writing only letter, not anything, not rendering to me any service or sponsorship

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by davodyguy: 9:26am On Nov 05, 2022
ZINNYBANKS:
Jeez so Singapore dope like this .? shocked
Most beautiful environment in the world

First 10, you'll see Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo, London Dubai in no particular order

1 Like

Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by sihamey: 10:14am On Nov 05, 2022
davodyguy:

Not sure NIGERIAN passport holders qualify.

I intend visiting this December, but Nigeria is not on the website.

I called the embassy and they said I have to get a letter of introduction from a Singaporean.

Someone who wants ti assist said I should bring $500.

I was discouraged, cos he's writing only letter, not anything, not rendering to me any service or sponsorship

Which number you called to reach embassy?
I have business partner who want to write introductory letter for me but I’m yet to confirm if I need to visit embassy or just online application, I’m checking flight price too wink

1 Like

Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by davodyguy: 10:31am On Nov 05, 2022
sihamey:

Which number you called to reach embassy?
I have business partner who want to write introductory letter for me but I’m yet to confirm if I need to visit embassy or just online application, I’m checking flight price too wink
The one in Lagos, don't pick calls

I was forced to send my staff there. While he was there, they still didn't pick calls

Try Abuja number. It's on their website.

You need to fill form, get the LOI from Singapore, then go to the embassy to drop your application.

In 5 days, Visa is out.

But be ready to spend 1million on ticket.

My issue how to get someone to write me letter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by sihamey: 10:48am On Nov 05, 2022
davodyguy:

The one in Lagos, don't pick calls

I was forced to send my staff there. While he was there, they still didn't pick calls

Try Abuja number. It's on their website.

You need to fill form, get the LOI from Singapore, then go to the embassy to drop your application.

In 5 days, Visa is out.

But be ready to spend 1million on ticket.

My issue how to get someone to write me letter
Thanks but that 1 milli go choke me oo wink
I saw 504k Qatar airways which is better.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by davodyguy: 11:08am On Nov 05, 2022
sihamey:

Thanks but that 1 milli go choke me oo wink
I saw 504k Qatar airways which is better.
Check well.

No airline will take you to Singapore from Nigeria for ₦500k.

Check that it's not just one way

Passenger details Qatar Airways
LOS
23 Dec
SIN
02 Jan
Total price1,012,363.00NGN

Even ET is ₦940k
KLM almost ₦6m per person.

Can your biz partner recommend who can help with LOI for visit visa?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by sihamey: 11:16am On Nov 05, 2022
davodyguy:

Check well.

No airline will take you to Singapore from Nigeria for ₦500k.

Check that it's not just one way

Even ET is ₦940k
KLM almost ₦6m per person.

Can your biz partner recommend who can help with LOI for visit visa?

I check return trip and it came out with different prices from 500k to over 1 milli

I don’t think my business partner will want to assist on that . I am their company representative in Nigeria and they want me to attend event also know their physical office in Singapore.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by davodyguy: 11:21am On Nov 05, 2022
sihamey:

I check return trip and it came out with different prices from 500k to over 1 milli

I don’t think my business partner will want to assist on that . I am their company representative in Nigeria and they want me to attend event also know their physical office in Singapore.
Check again.

There are two legs to a travel
Departure and Arrival

The ₦500k is for Lagos to Singapore

Singapore to Lagos is ₦500k as well

That's how it works.

What you posted is for one leg

LOS to SIN

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by sihamey: 5:43pm On Nov 05, 2022
davodyguy:

Check again.

There are two legs to a travel
Departure and Arrival

The ₦500k is for Lagos to Singapore

Singapore to Lagos is ₦500k as well

That's how it works.

What you posted is for one leg

LOS to SIN

I have confirmed it , is one leg, well I don’t think I will spend 1 million for a flight right now , if my business partner is welling to foot part of the bill I might consider that otherwise I will abort the plan till next time when the flight is cheap

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by Goodbadbowy419: 9:54pm On Nov 05, 2022
How hustling for that side op

Is it easy to settle down over there ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by iamphilips(m): 11:29pm On Nov 08, 2022
expatinmalay:
Singapore is such a beautiful country

boss, please whats the current exchange rate and how do i make payments for services from nigeria.
Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by expertman(m): 4:59pm On Nov 13, 2022
Singapore is issuing evisa and Nigerians are eligible in most cases try write all this tour company .

You book their tour and they help you with evisa .

I know of one tour company with representative in naija doing that.

Enjoy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by Mstravelindiva: 12:45pm On Nov 15, 2022
Nice pictures, I hope you enjoyed your stay!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by Gerrard59(m): 3:49am On Nov 16, 2022
expatinmalay:
Singapore has digital nomad visa just like Malaysia, so if you have a remote job, you are good to go

I am finding it difficult to upload pictures eventhough its less than 4mb. its frustrating

https://asia.nikkei.com/Economy/Tokyo-and-Singapore-trail-Melbourne-in-digital-nomad-ranking

That is not true. Even before I checked the web, I knew it wouldn't be true. You need to understand Singapore's immigration policies before you believe a digital nomad visa can be issued. She has work visas for the top 1% of skilled workers and successful entrepreneurs. A new one was introduced and the application date will commence next year (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-09-05/singapore-hunts-for-global-rainmakers-with-new-expat-visa). Singapore is very selective with who she invites, extremely selective, and that is the reason you see very few black Africans there. To thrive in Singapore as a skilled immigrant, you have to be rich or highly skilled. Low-skilled workers are imported from neighbouring countries.

The best way for a black African to enjoy the country apart from tourism is to use your Canadian/British/European citizenship and education to apply to work there. Salaries are very high (a major reason I love the place) compared to most European nations apart from Switzerland. The economy is pretty diversified, considering her total size. The city is ridiculously safe and rule of law is entrenched. Once you tackle housing costs, everything will be alright. Unless you are very rich, don't think of buying a car. It is expensive to own one and exorbitant to drive it. Also, as a black African, don't ever hope to be a naturalised citizen. The chances are extremely low. Citizenship is linked to the racial quotas of the country.

Beautiful pictures. Please don't mind my long-winded post. I have been a lover of anything Singapore for almost ten years. I read the news and follow all developments as they happen. I am a fan of Lee Kuan Yew. cool

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by Gerrard59(m): 3:55am On Nov 16, 2022
Goodbadbowy419:
How hustling for that side op

Is it easy to settle down over there ?

No, it is not. Don't think of it.

You must be skilled, and the company will apply for a work visa on your behalf. If you are a senior developer, I believe there are companies that would employ you. The same holds for financial services if your work experience is from the EU, US/Japan/Canada and maybe the UAE.

Singapore is not a place for hustling folks o.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by Gerrard59(m): 4:02am On Nov 16, 2022
expatinmalay:

you can apply for evisa, its 30 days

Not with a Nigerian passport. Prior to 2006/7, Nigeria had visa-free access to Singapore, but after a spate of drugs imported into the country (they were hanged by the government), she cancelled it. Benin Republic, for instance, has visa-free access.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by ipobarecriminals: 3:16pm On Nov 17, 2022
cool
Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by adecz: 3:18pm On Nov 17, 2022
cool

As a country, Singapore is smaller
than our capital, Abuja.

It is amongst the smallest countries
in the World. ☺️��

1 Like

Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by abc115: 3:19pm On Nov 17, 2022
grin
Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by Passionnn: 3:19pm On Nov 17, 2022
Singapore?
Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by Unrated900(m): 3:19pm On Nov 17, 2022
@op u just go download Singapore pictures online come post am

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by Dshocker(m): 3:20pm On Nov 17, 2022
Singapore has one of the lowest crime rate in the world.

Their is no homeless person in Singapore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by Moh247: 3:21pm On Nov 17, 2022
Well planned city

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by ipobarecriminals: 3:22pm On Nov 17, 2022
angry angry shocked sad embarassed grin grin cheesy
shortIGBOman:

Amaka, Chinyere, Chinoso dey there dey hustle. grin
undecided u are looking for OBIOMA trobu undecided
Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by ElSudani: 3:22pm On Nov 17, 2022
christejames:
If Lee Kwan Yu can do it for Singapore, Peter Obi will do it for Nigeria kiss

Lee Kwan Yew would have executed someone like Peter Obi for diverting public funds for private use.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by deavicky(m): 3:23pm On Nov 17, 2022
Ops are you sure this place is Singapore? Because it looks like some where in kogi state.
Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by FreeStuffsNG: 3:24pm On Nov 17, 2022
You only took the beautiful sights and scenes wink
but low self esteem won't make some of you do same for your own country

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by PDPdestroyer(m): 3:26pm On Nov 17, 2022
Obi will make the whole Nigeria look better than this. If in doubt, check out Anambra and why every youth is rushing there for greener pastures grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by Mahershalal: 3:27pm On Nov 17, 2022
ElSudani:

Lee Kwan Yew would have executed someone like Peter Obi for diverting public funds for private use.

Yes! I'm sure he'll support EscoBAT Bobo Chicago bid as president of Singapore!
God bless Lee Kwan Yew!
Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by iscom(m): 3:27pm On Nov 17, 2022
Good
Re: Pictures From My Trip To Singapore by abimic(m): 3:28pm On Nov 17, 2022
I remember me and a senior colleague talking about visiting Singapore for vacation with our families.

Singapore is a lovely country worth visiting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Killed In Multiple Accident Along Ikorodu Road (Photos) / Man Survives A Ghastly Motor Accident As His Car Crashes Into A Bush (Photos) / COVID-19: Emirates Steps Up Safety Measures For Customers And Employees(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.