Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,580 members, 7,837,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos (48986 Views)

Like China, Like Lagos: A Look At The Great Wall Of Lagos - Photos & Videos / The Bariga Waterfront Jetty And Ferries That Ambode Commissioned (Photos) / The Beautification Of Under Ojuelegba Bridge: Has The Project Been Abandoned? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by arsenal33: 8:59am On Nov 04, 2022
Racoon:
Nice one but of what economic importance is Cameroon to Nigeria if I may ask?
stupid question

2 Likes

Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by DeOTR: 9:06am On Nov 04, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

Lolz
Baba think na.
Its just like saying IPOB are killing people, so the same IPOB should be held responsible or boko haram or bandits are killing people and the same boko haram or bandits should be held responsible grin
It is govt responsibilities for us to have a stable economy.
The rice producers are doin as dey like because the govt allow them.
How can u justify price hike of double price under a month?
Are u telling us that u produced that rice under one month and the cost of production increased?
That is where govt policies and regulations comes in.
These are simple economic terms
I'm not exonerating the government. Don't get me wrong. My main point is that, the masses is as wicked as the government, if not not worse. The people hoarding and inflation prices of goods are also complaining of bad economy without acknowledging the part they are taking making things worse.
Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by Germi9: 9:09am On Nov 04, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR) has really done well for Nigeria.

In as much that, more still needs to be done, Nigerians should learn to applaud when deserved.
Mediocrity kill you diaaa
Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by Parachoko: 9:09am On Nov 04, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

U see why i talk say u are really drunk grin
And u dey accuse me of being drunk and even they question my education grin
Lagos ibadan expressway was first constructed by Obasenjo military govt grin
I seriously dey laugh u wen u said buhari started a federal road from scratch grin
Can you show me where I state that, Buhari built a new road in Nigeria?
Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by Germi9: 9:12am On Nov 04, 2022
I can see that nobody is shouting Nepotism or tribalism here since they didn’t mention anywhere around Niger republic,Chad etc ,so we are all guilty of what we blame government for.
But bridges won’t put food on hungry stomach na haba
Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by Parachoko: 9:13am On Nov 04, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

I seriously dey laugh u wen u said buhari started a federal road from scratch grin
Please show me where in my post I wrote this rubbish you're talking about? Do you even know the meaning of scratch sef

PDP spent 16 years in power, they can't point to any federal expressway they rehabilitated fully.

Oshodi-Apapa expressway was a mess throughout PDP 16 years in power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by safetyboot: 9:26am On Nov 04, 2022
Of what importance is Niger Republic to Nigeria?
Racoon:
Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by Constablepatr: 9:27am On Nov 04, 2022
Thank you MR PRESIDENT
Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by HRMK: 9:34am On Nov 04, 2022
but opposition claims buhari is not performing!how come this is happening?since they say this govt is a failure?
Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by Devil1Messenger: 9:37am On Nov 04, 2022
Parachoko:
Please show me where in my post I wrote this rubbish you're talking about? Do you even know the meaning of scratch sef

PDP spent 16 years in power, they can't point to any federal expressway they rehabilitated fully.

Oshodi-Apapa expressway was a mess throughout PDP 16 years in power.
Lolzz
Baba done change mouth.
The most funny part be say i don't even support PDP or APC.
Anytime the argument done reach 16years in power, i jejely carry my bag because its clear u have nothing else to say.
The same you that are asking us to go blame our state govt now keep blaming PDP federal govt.
where is the sense in that?
Baba enjoy ur day
Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by Penguin2: 9:43am On Nov 04, 2022
Difrent:

You reason like a small pikin.
Cameroun is not land locked and can easily get access to the ocean.
Niger is Landlocked and all Nigeria is doing with the rail connection is to take advantage of its landlocked nature to boost economic activities between Nigeria and Niger.
Nigeria doesn't need to connect southern Cameroun with rail.

What is the volume of trade between the Southeast and Lagos and the volume of trade between Niger Republic and Kano?

Shouldn't that be what should inform such projects?
Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by fof1: 9:46am On Nov 04, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR) has really done well for Nigeria.

In as much that, more still needs to be done, Nigerians should learn to applaud when deserved.

Yes my Friend...But It is not Buhari Administration Pls. THIS IS ADB PROJECT...ECOWAS/ECCAS which began from Obasenjo Regime and on the understanding of the Fall Out of the Bakassi Episode. The EFS Environmental Feasibility/Impact Study began Post-Bakassi...You People should understand Simple Government and Governance Economics and Stop Politicising Everything under the Sun. This Projects are under the the UN/AU Auspices to Further Cement Bilateral Cooperation/ Peace Building between Nigeria/Cameroon and West/Central/East Africa Cooperation Agreements under the AU Umbrella. Una no dey Read International Relations/Diplomacy?
Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by mamawa123: 9:47am On Nov 04, 2022
This is a good one but traveling by road is not fun because high rate of kidnappings.

Our government needs to do something about security
Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by Devil1Messenger: 9:50am On Nov 04, 2022
DeOTR:

I'm not exonerating the government. Don't get me wrong. My main point is that, the masses is as wicked as the government, if not not worse. The people hoarding and inflation prices of goods are also complaining of bad economy without acknowledging the part they are taking making things worse.
Bro humans are insatiable thats why u have govts that propagate laws and order to put them in check.
E.g, if i have a gun, and u offend me, i can immediately shoot u if there is no law or regulation. But because i know that i will likely rot in jail or get killed too i will not even dare it.
Same apply to all govt sectors.
If u allow the farmers to control this price now especially wen u know that the supplies are far far behind the demand, you will create an economy problem that we are witnessing now.
Everything bore down to govt policy that is what i want u to see.
Govt need to balance demands and supplies now. I will prefer they open the border
Temporarily, especially this festive period, u will see that the pice of food stuffs will fall
Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by Difrent: 10:06am On Nov 04, 2022
Penguin2:

What is the volume of trade between the Southeast and Lagos and the volume of trade between Niger Republic and Kano?

Shouldn't that be what should inform such projects?

The volume of trade between Nigeria (not only Kano) and Niger is Huge.... do you even know many companies in South east and other parts of Nigeria export to Niger, Tchad, Cameroon, e.t.c . Niger has to get things into its country from countries that have access to sea.
Benin republic imports many goods in excess of what they will ever need but their target is Nigeria and Niger republic. Nigeria building a railline to Niger will benefit us economically likewise Niger.
Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by Limassol(m): 10:09am On Nov 04, 2022
Kurumaru:
Infrastructural developments wise, give it to bubu [b] ... BUT ECONOMIC wise, Na ZERO, and that's what concerns the common man the most...

Modified: Before u come to tell me that the whole world is facing economic down because of CORONA.. PLS NOTE that BUBU WAS IN GOVERNMENT 5YEARS BEFORE CORONA. No lame excuses abeg..
Relative to his predecessors? Not a bad performance, but overall the bar is way too low. Mediocrity is deeply ingrained in our Psyche that we celebrate mediocre projects.

Nigerian politicians should/can do better.
Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by Parachoko: 10:25am On Nov 04, 2022
Devil1Messenger:
Lolzz
Baba done change mouth.
The most funny part be say i don't even support PDP or APC.
Anytime the argument done reach 16years in power, i jejely carry my bag because its clear u have nothing else to say.
The same you that are asking us to go blame our state govt now keep blaming PDP federal govt.
where is the sense in that?
Baba enjoy ur day
I said you should show me where I state that Buhari built a road from "scratch" you dey tell me I change mouth

Nah my question to you be this
Parachoko:
List out the roads Jonathan started and completed
So I don't understand this "scratch" nonsense you're talking about.

The joke is on your dull self though.
Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by zumbigbo(m): 10:27am On Nov 04, 2022
I go use am after u
Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by zeuss: 10:35am On Nov 04, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

you must live on the moon
Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 04, 2022
Penguin2:
Buhari govt tried in infrastructure in relation to previous administrations.

But God will punish him and his ministers who are more interested in connecting Cameroun with bridge and Niger Republic with rail while Enugu-Onitsha Expressway is a death trap and there’s no functional rail line into and out of Southeast.

After some idiots will be wondering why we hate Buhari

Habaaa! Be reasonable naa? We cannot afford to give you UNREPENTANT cannibals & hate-filled animals NEW BRIDGES & RAIL LINES so that your iPOB and UGM that you have been praising and cheering will not bomb & set them ablaze like they’ve been doing to all FG properties all over the South East.

Somalia and Ukraine will be Paradise in comparison to what Nigeria has in stock for you incorrigible Incestuous & Cocaine-Trafficking Cannibals.

A bastard child that says his mother will not sleep; it is Omorogun (turning stick) and Omori Odo (Pestle) that we will collectively use to destabilize, panelbeat & dismantle his coconut head each time he tries to take a nap.

Since your hairy-gorilla-chestbeating-fathers and your yam-legged-whoring-mothers were too busy to instill discipline & moral values into you, we shall oblige them of that parental responsibilities - free of charge.

BTW, the conspiracy between iPOB and your Pandora Obituary (that you’re working relentlessly to foist on us) has been exposed. You will lose on two fronts.

Intercepted communication from IPOB Germany to IPOB Nigeria, confirmed by IPOB leader in Germany telling its head of Operations in Nigeria that: "Peter Obi will actualize Biafra and all operations should be suspended until his emergence, if Chukwu Okike Abiama wills"

You will lose on the Nigerian front and then lose out again on your Biafran dream.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by Josephkabila12: 11:07am On Nov 04, 2022
This is good development
Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by harmonyglobal: 11:19am On Nov 04, 2022
newnigerdelta1:

Try go back to school
He simply asked a question, instead of educating him u are insulting. Now I wonder if u know the economic importance yourself
Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by Penguin2: 11:28am On Nov 04, 2022
Obatala7Kronos:

Habaaa! Be reasonable naa? We cannot afford to give you UNREPENTANT cannibals & hate-filled animals NEW BRIDGES & RAIL LINES so that your iPOB and UGM that you have been praising and cheering will not bomb & set them ablaze like they’ve been doing to all FG properties all over the South East.

Somalia and Ukraine will be a Paradise in comparison to what Nigeria has in stock for you incorrigible Incestuous & Cocaine-Trafficking Cannibals.

A bastard child that says his mother will not sleep; it is Omorogun (turning stick) and Omori Odo (Pestle) that we will collectively use to destabilize, panelbeat & dismantle his coconut head each time he tries to take a nap.

Since your hairy-gorilla-chestbeating-fathers and your yam-legged-whoring-mothers were too busy instill discipline & moral values into you, we shall oblige them of that parental responsibilities - free of charge.

BTW, the conspiracy between iPOB and your Pandora Obituary (that you’re working relentlessly to foist on us) has been exposed. You will lose on two fronts.

Intercepted communication from IPOB Germany to IPOB Nigeria, confirmed by IPOB leader in Germany telling its head of Operations in Nigeria that: "Peter Obi will actualize Biafra and all operations should be suspended until his emergence, if Chukwu Okike Abiama wills"

You will lose on the Nigerian front and then lose out again on your Biafran dream.

See the level of hatred you harbour for the Igbos.

I’m sure this is the reason Tinubu is segregating against the Southeast and even Southsouth.

But let me give you one assurance, Tinubu will fail and even break his hands and legs.

If Obi doesn’t win, let Atiku have it.
Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by Litmus: 11:29am On Nov 04, 2022
A Nation with ultra chronic insecurity issues laying down bridges and train lines to poorer nations with chronic insecurity issues and huge unemployed population, what could go wrong ? undecided
Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by Litmus: 11:32am On Nov 04, 2022
If Terrorists to Nigeria were like Russians, train lines to Niger and bridges to Cameroon is like Ukraine creating highways to Belarus and China.

For a Nation like Nigeria were nothing revolutionary in the form of progressive investments is encouraged for fear of influencers proclaiming that priorities are misplaced, that we first need to feed the hungry and nurse the poor, it's a wonder that these same voices never see that Nigeria needs to sommount her insecurity issues and develop her National character identity first before championing unity with the rest of Africa that are equally insecure and underdeveloped.
Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by brandsoncharlie: 11:45am On Nov 04, 2022
justbonny:
I will definitely drive to Cameroon
Hmm be careful oh, those French soldiers that worry Nigerians a lot at the border, except you're with a Cameron citizen then no problem.

1 Like

Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by ArewaNorth: 12:01pm On Nov 04, 2022
Racoon:
only people living in states without boarder to neighbouring countries will ask this trash question. The most economically sound local markets in the North are mostly boarder markets, Nigerian economy would've bite harder on common man without the proliferation and prosperity of boarder markets.
Cameroon, Niger Rep, Chad, Burkina Faso, Central Africa Rep among some other WA States depend on Nigeria for their daily needs which is a big boost to our economy.
When Nigerian boarders were closed those countries suffer a lot. You folks said the same trash when Nigeria-Niger Rep rail line prolosedy by GEJ's Govt and confirmed by PMB govt is being awarded. The economic importance of those links can never be overemphasized but ethno-religious bigotry blind folded your reasoning to the extent that you are deaf, dumb and blind tp the reality!
Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by Litmus: 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2022
Grain-ship plagued with mice, laying down plank gangway on Rodent island, which is itself linked to Central Rat Republic, in order to facilitate more grain trade, noice one. angry
Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by kabillionaire(m): 1:01pm On Nov 04, 2022
Can the dead applaud? He unleashed his kinsmen to annihilate Nigerians so that Fulanis will occupy and enjoy the infrastructures.
CoronaVirusRelo:

Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by Kamerunpride(m): 2:05pm On Nov 04, 2022
Do you mind elaborating on the social isolation aspect ?! As a Cameroonian , this is the first time for me to hear such a thing
sharone21:
Nigeria's government has tried ... But, seems like a waste as Nigerians can't use the bridge due to Amba wahala and Cameroon Customs charging 60000frs per any trip one makes( ie if Amba allows you ooo)

Nigerians will hold international passport, Covid card, yellow fever card( even resident permit) but still be charged that apart from transport cost and tips through other areas of Cameroon beyond Bamenda. Meanwhile, Cameroonians just hold their National ID Card ( not that of Nigeria oooo), won't bother having Naija's resident permit( even move freely in our country unlike us moving freely , as we must have Cameroon's resident permit or pay money to their Customs) and even if our Customs ask them for 1/6th of what their Customs ask us for Cameroonians to enter Naija, na too much for them.

Cameroonians seem to isolate themselves with their 'numerous' rivers/seas instead of building bridges despite the amount of oil and Bakassi oil they have/ acquired for a country with a population of Lagos. The isolation sef is even socially too( unlike Ghanaians- forget the mouth Ghanaians make..or Beninoises).

If u say u pass through water from Limbe- Idenau, u still pay their Customs 5000frs despite the not too cheap boat ride( low speed boat with engine) which costs minimum of 27000frs ( with life jacket ooo not the 'tube', included is 2000frs for Covid Abi na yellow fever card which u already have)....When, u think that u are approaching home( Naija), get ready for our Customs N5000
( They will clearly tell any lady who doesn't pay that, u will spend the night there with them....so disgusting).... When u arrive Ibaka( our own side of the border), instead of our Customs to tell u Akwaba( welcome in Ghanaian language), na to find fault with your documents ( lol).....Then, foolish thieves go dey find how to over charge u for carriage of luggage eg N3000(lol), u just have to shout at them and pay reasonably. Then, from Ibaka park ( not far from the 'seaport'), u get cars moving to Uyo.

That bridge is from taxpayer's money( VATS, levies etc) which still takes a toll on cost of living as government has to make up or pay back loan for it.... Something it's citizens won't use but risk their lives on water...... Our diaspora madam should be engaging our embassy there to ensure Nigerians can use what they directly/ indirectly pay for.... If not, na water or plane option.... Reason y our people will flock more to Cotonou, Togo, Ghana, Ivory Coast.

Re: The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos by Kamerunpride(m): 2:05pm On Nov 04, 2022
Luckysbab:

People wet their head no correct for their country. To travel on that route, you will still pay like 43k at checkpoints, even if you have resident permit.

Useless Cameroonians

Not nice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area / Air Peace Plane Overshoots Runway In Port Harcourt / COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.