Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,454 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? (1987 Views)

New Format To Rob People. Be Careful Out There / Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies / Beware Of This New Format Scammers Are Using... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? by tunjilee003: 6:53pm On Nov 04, 2022
I chat with a Long time friend whom I haven't met in two years,deep into our conversation,he requested for my bank account details and atm serial number he said he wants to send some money to me, he's having issues with his own account,he wants to buy something online....
I sensed foul play,I gave him a wrong ATM card details,he sent 9k to my account,after that he called if I have received any otp,I made it known to him that I've not received any otp yet (since I gave him a wrong card details)he has been calling since morning begging to send his money back to him..
his money is still with me ,9k to be precise,what should i do in this scenariowhy suddenly did he requested for my ATM details when we barely talked for the first time in two years??why didn't he use the card of those people around him?
to many fraudsters out there....

3 Likes

Re: Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? by doggedfighter(f): 6:54pm On Nov 04, 2022
undecided

Hold his money, don't release it yet.

Delay the money..

He wouldn't have released yours.

Teach the amateur thief a valuable lesson.

2 Likes

Re: Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? by Snitch24(m): 6:55pm On Nov 04, 2022
Alaye return his money

1 Like

Re: Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? by doggedfighter(f): 6:58pm On Nov 04, 2022
Snitch24:
Alaye return his money

That's how you guys encourage bad behaviour.

That's if you're not part of a syndicate.

8 Likes

Re: Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? by Snitch24(m): 7:43pm On Nov 04, 2022
doggedfighter:

That's how you guys encourage bad behaviour.

That's if you're not part of a syndicate.
Lmao that makes you a criminal bro
At least you have his money
And you gave him a wrong info
Don't be silly

3 Likes

Re: Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 04, 2022
He wants to use you as a middleman for fraud.Let's him do a whatapp video to be sure he is the one.His account might be hacked.

5 Likes

Re: Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? by charlesdinho7(m): 9:19pm On Nov 04, 2022
Snitch24:
Alaye return his money
LOCAL THIEF LIKE YOU

2 Likes

Re: Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 04, 2022
Snitch24:
Alaye return his money
F00l

2 Likes

Re: Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? by DBestDoc(f): 11:31pm On Nov 04, 2022
I think you should return the money to the exact account that sent it to you, that’s to vindicate you during tracing, if the initial transaction was fraudulent. At least, there’ll be a record of you sending back the cash.

6 Likes

Re: Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? by stunnert(m): 1:47am On Nov 05, 2022
Go spend the money on beer with your real friends

1 Like

Re: Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? by pusapou(m): 3:53am On Nov 05, 2022
stunnert:
Go spend the money on beer with your real friends
better Budweiser

1 Like

Re: Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? by Rexymania(m): 8:19am On Nov 05, 2022
Borrow me 1k from the money na abeg. Just won chew this morning

GTB
Okpara

Thanks and God bless
Re: Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? by Snitch24(m): 9:39am On Nov 05, 2022
Ajay7411:

F00l
Wait I don't understand
But he gave him a wrong pin and card number right?
Y'all getting me wrong
Just to be on a safer side if you truly receive any money from him return it and block him
Keeping the money makes you a thief
And to you calling me fool
Don't be stupid

1 Like

Re: Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? by Snitch24(m): 9:39am On Nov 05, 2022
charlesdinho7:

LOCAL THIEF LIKE YOU
Ok
Re: Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? by baralatie(m): 11:13am On Nov 05, 2022
DBestDoc:
I think you should return the money to the exact account that sent it to you, that’s to vindicate you during tracing, if the initial transaction was fraudulent. At least, there’ll be a record of you sending back the cash.

1 Like

Re: Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? by baralatie(m): 11:15am On Nov 05, 2022
Snitch24:

Wait I don't understand
But he gave him a wrong pin and card number right?
Y'all getting me wrong
Just to be on a safer side if you truly receive any money from him return it and block him
Keeping the money makes you a thief
And to you calling me fool
Don't be stupid
Simply block the dude
Doing for the otp means he wants to yuse your account for something else
Re: Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? by Snitch24(m): 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2022
Ajay7411:

F00l
Stupid
Re: Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 05, 2022
Snitch24:

Stupid
Shut your loud mouth and take the L, you don't support fools without being foolish...
Re: Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? by Snitch24(m): 2:15pm On Nov 05, 2022
Ajay7411:

Shut your loud mouth and take the L, you don't support fools without being foolish...
That makes you an idiot
Re: Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 05, 2022
Snitch24:

That makes you an idiot
You seem pained bro, take your L and shut it!
Re: Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? by Snitch24(m): 2:18pm On Nov 05, 2022
grin
Ajay7411:

You seem, pained bro, take your L and shut it!
grin grin grin
Still stupid br
Re: Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 05, 2022
Snitch24:
grin grin grin grin
Still stupid br
Drop your account let me send you money, I know hunger can turn your eye.
Re: Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? by Brownshoe: 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2022
He just want use ur card for shit
Re: Is This The New Format Scammers Are Using??? by Snitch24(m): 7:13pm On Nov 05, 2022
Ajay7411:

Drop your account let me send you money, I know hunger can turn your eye.
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Police Apprehends One Of The Killers Of Rivers DPO, Bako Angbashim (VIDEO) / Video:Fulani Herdsmen Attack & Kidnapped 3 Full Bus Load In Kabba / Warri Girl Went To See Slain Robber, Turned Out He Was Her Bf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.