Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

First Bank Shares - Whats Going On? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / First Bank Shares - Whats Going On? (2778 Views)

Wema Bank Shares / GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 / Zenith Bank Shares Offer: Opportunity Or Hype? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Shares - Whats Going On? by Nevada: 4:01pm On Aug 22, 2007
Immediately the suspension was lifted, First Bank shares began to appreciate and at a certain point it crashed from 57naira to 41.54.
What happened? Or was that an artificial growth or something? Honestly am worried. Can any guy feel me?
Re: First Bank Shares - Whats Going On? by egoldman(m): 4:25pm On Aug 22, 2007
what was your plan when u invested in the Firstbank shares ? long term or short one ? if long term dont worry much , the fundamentals of the bank have not really changed that much , however if u invested to make money on the short term , then i think you have made a mistake .
Re: First Bank Shares - Whats Going On? by easimoni(m): 5:02pm On Aug 22, 2007
@ poster,

when company issues bonus shares, the NSE adjusts the price to account for the new shares. Therefore since FBN declared 1-for-6. The new price = (6/7) x the old price. Therefore the price at closure date was 48.5, the price after closure was (6/7) X 48.5 = 41.57. Now you have 7 shares worth 41.57 each instead of 6 shares worth 48.5 each. Both cases are worth 291.

No winner, no loser. Don't go looking for bonus. It's a mirage.
Re: First Bank Shares - Whats Going On? by Nevada: 6:00pm On Aug 23, 2007
Many thanks EASIMONI for your reply.

Let me ask again, does the bonus share include those who bought from the just concluded public offer?

I just hope the certicates would bo out before january, 2008 if they really have regard for SEC.
Re: First Bank Shares - Whats Going On? by easimoni(m): 6:39pm On Aug 23, 2007
Nevada,
the bonus will not be applied to those who bought the the PO. It was stated in the prospectus that PO buyers would not be eligible for 2006-2007 dividends or bonus issues.

I don't know when the certs will be released. I don't follow the primary market because it's too much stress and uncertainty.
Re: First Bank Shares - Whats Going On? by presido1: 7:32pm On Aug 23, 2007
Easimoni
I have some units before the PO and bought some during the PO will i qualify for the dividend and bonus as i was a share holder since last year. last month i bought at 31 and 33 naira. Pls let me know if i will get the divdend and bonus
Re: First Bank Shares - Whats Going On? by Temmie10(m): 10:09pm On Aug 23, 2007
presido1:

Easimoni
I have some units before the PO and bought some during the PO will i qualify for the dividend and bonus as i was a share holder since last year. last month i bought at 31 and 33 naira. Please let me know if i will get the divdend and bonus

You are qualified and will recieve bonus and dividend payments for all the units you had prior to the po. so if you had 6000 units before the po and then bought 6000 mo during the po, the dividends and bonus will only be credited to the 6000 shares u had before the po.
Re: First Bank Shares - Whats Going On? by presido1: 9:39am On Aug 24, 2007
Temmie10:

You are qualified and will recieve bonus and dividend payments for all the units you had prior to the po. so if you had 6000 units before the po and then bought 6000 mo during the po, the dividends and bonus will only be credited to the 6000 shares u had before the po.
Thanks guy for shading the light. But what is happening to the price do u think it will appreciate again b4 the end of the year. Since last two weeks or so its on the downward trend with no sign of going up.

When is Guniness and oando giving their dividend?
Re: First Bank Shares - Whats Going On? by Temmie10(m): 11:06am On Aug 24, 2007
presido1:

Thanks guy for shading the light. But what is happening to the price do u think it will appreciate again before the end of the year. Since last two weeks or so its on the downward trend with no sign of going up.

When is Guniness and oando giving their dividend?

Yes i would be surprised if the price did not go down. This is the end of a financial year and beginning of another, bonus and dividend declarations and adjustments have also played their part so its not unexpected. Of course it will rise, but how soon i cannot put a figure on that.
It could take up to 2 years before FBN releases really astronomical results but the wait would have been worth it,
Re: First Bank Shares - Whats Going On? by Syenite(m): 8:12pm On Aug 28, 2007
:oTHANK GOD I DID NOT BUY FIRSTBANK grin grin grin grin
Re: First Bank Shares - Whats Going On? by Prince22(m): 12:42am On Aug 29, 2007
Let not your heart be in trouble FBN just rounded up their finacial year, decleared 1-6, people are selling.

Downward trend is normal in any stock after the finacial year is decleared with positive result.

For FBN, u have nothing to FEAR, let us wait and see and be patience when on buz.
Re: First Bank Shares - Whats Going On? by netotse(m): 12:54am On Aug 29, 2007
@easimoni (and other ppl dat know bout stufflike that)
abeg u sed u dont follow the primary market, could u xplain a bit about the other markets to me
Re: First Bank Shares - Whats Going On? by easimoni(m): 1:54am On Aug 29, 2007
netotse:

@easimoni (and other people that know bout stufflike that)
abeg u sed u don't follow the primary market, could u explain a bit about the other markets to me

The primary market is public offers, initial public offers, rights issues, private placements and the like. the secondary market is the buying and selling on the floor of the exchange.
Re: First Bank Shares - Whats Going On? by damoche07(m): 10:32am On Aug 29, 2007
@easimoni,i have noticed u are never tired of answering people's questions. even the most basic ones.

I appreciate you so much.
Re: First Bank Shares - Whats Going On? by netotse(m): 1:57pm On Aug 29, 2007
@easimoni
men thanks a lot,
Re: First Bank Shares - Whats Going On? by Rhemagirl(f): 8:18am On Aug 31, 2007
I am sorry to deviate a little bit,does anybody know abount International Breweries who is raising about 1.4billion to settle their debt and expantiate their business.Is it a fertile ground to invest?
Re: First Bank Shares - Whats Going On? by LJ(m): 3:54pm On Aug 31, 2007
damoche07:

@easimoni,i have noticed u are never tired of answering people's questions. even the most basic ones.

I appreciate you so much.

Guys (easimoni kindly join in here as well), pls suggest good stocks to invest in at the moment. i looking at both long term and short term. Brief justifications for your suggestions will help a lot. Regards to all.
Re: First Bank Shares - Whats Going On? by begwong: 3:45pm On Mar 19, 2012
hello! anybody home?
Re: First Bank Shares - Whats Going On? by jamolus200: 5:34pm On Mar 19, 2012
Hi nairalanders, please. i have fbn bank shares and i want to sell them asap. can any one tell me the procedures for selling these shares? i wld really appreciate
Re: First Bank Shares - Whats Going On? by resourceng(m): 7:14pm On Mar 19, 2012
simply go to the stock broker where you purchased them from or the bank and they will direct you on how to go about the process. hope this helps
Re: First Bank Shares - Whats Going On? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 20, 2012
Take all the certificates to a stockbroker.were are u located so I direct u to a good one

(1) (Reply)

How Will It Crash? How Will I Lose Money? The Rave Of The Moment – MMM. / EXCLUSIVE!!! Invest In A Fast Growing FMCG Company. / My First Scam Experience Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.