Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,914 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Expect 7,000 Megawatts Before May 2023 - Buhari & Siemens - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Expect 7,000 Megawatts Before May 2023 - Buhari & Siemens (690 Views)

5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide / Kano's 10 Megawatts Independent Project Is At 90% Completion Stage (Pictures) / 3,050 Megawatts Mambilla Power Project In Taraba (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expect 7,000 Megawatts Before May 2023 - Buhari & Siemens by Napata77: 3:35am On Nov 05, 2022
Siemens’ Top Guns’ Visit Shows Buhari’s 25,000 Power Projection On Track: BMO

October 25, 2022

By NNN

The Buhari Media Organisation BMO has described the latest update on the ongoing Siemens power project as another indication that history will be kind to President Muhammadu Buhari.

The group said in a statement signed by its Chairman Niyi Akinsiju and Secretary Cassidy Madueke that it is heartwarming that the German company is fully committed to delivering and installing 10 power transformers and 10 mobile substations before May 2023.

If there is any doubt about the Presidential Power initiative PPI of the Buhari administration and the government to government agreement it sealed in 2019 with Germany on increasing Nigeria's electricity power capacity, then the recent visit of the Chief Executive Officer CEO of Siemens Energy Dr Christian Bruch, the CEO of Siemens Africa Nadia Haakansson, and the CEO of Siemens Nigeria Seun Suleiman to the President ought to lay those doubts to rest.

But what we find interesting enough to bring to the notice of our fellow Nigerians from that meeting is the German company's assurance to fast track the delivery of the project which was slowed down by the 'pandemic'.

So, from all indications the first phase of the 25,000 megawatt project which is to deliver a capacity improvement of 2,000 megawatts is to be completed before May next year with the installation of 10 transformers and 10 mobile substations across the country.

This will effectively move the nation's capacity from about 4,000 to 7,000 megawatts in the first instance.

It is also worth noting that Siemens also promised that the forthcoming general election would have no effect on the power initiative including the training of 5,000 Nigerian engineers, the statement added.

BMO noted that by the time President Buhari leaves office the first phase of the project would have been completed.

''It is good to know that by the time the President is completing his final term in office the first of the three phases of the Siemens project would have been completed''.

What this means is that the incoming administration would not have to concern itself with solving a problem that three previous Peoples Democratic Party PDP administrations could not find a solution to after spending over 16 billion dollars.

And by the time the entire project would be completed, possibly by 2026 or 2027 ,there is no way President Buhari would not be singled out for praise long after he would have left office.

We are also not unaware of how an opposition presidential candidate gave the impression that the Siemens project was stalled and had at a point misled Nigerians in the diaspora about the true situation of things.

But we hope that the recent visit of top officials of Siemens Energy and their publicly declared commitment to seeing the project through has again shown the extent the opposition is ready to go to cast the All Progressives Congress APC led Buhari administration in a bad light.

BMO added that aside from Buhari Nigerians would not forget the role played by his first Chief of Staff the late Abba Kyari in sealing the deal to modernize the national grid.

https:///siemens-top-guns-visit-shows-buharis-25000-power-projection-on-track-bmo/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Expect 7,000 Megawatts Before May 2023 - Buhari & Siemens by Nobody: 4:11am On Nov 05, 2022
Handover and go.Yeye president.
Re: Expect 7,000 Megawatts Before May 2023 - Buhari & Siemens by Napata77: 4:22am On Nov 05, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
This failure of a president should stop this empty promises already

He has failed in every sector of the economy . All his promises before 2019 elections didn't see the light of the day .

Buhari and APC are failure personified . He failed as a military head of state in 1983 and still failed as a democratically elected president in 2015 and 2019 so enough of this stupid promises abeg abeg abeg

SHUT UP, LIAR. BUHARI HAS DONE VERY WELL IN INFRASTRUCTURE.

Ask Jonathan and Stella Oduah where all the billions they budgeted for the 2nd Niger bridge and Enugu international airport went, yet Buhari came in and funded those projects with less than ONE QUARTER of the revenue that was available to Jonathan. You people have no shame.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expect 7,000 Megawatts Before May 2023 - Buhari & Siemens by Mystic216: 4:24am On Nov 05, 2022
Oga write your congratulatory message for Peter Obi and hand over to him so you can rest
We are tired of hearing from you and your evil party
Obi will change Nigeria bad story to best
Re: Expect 7,000 Megawatts Before May 2023 - Buhari & Siemens by Antyislam: 4:25am On Nov 05, 2022
The only thing we are expecting from you is just to handover to Mr Peter obi, no more no less
Re: Expect 7,000 Megawatts Before May 2023 - Buhari & Siemens by madridguy(m): 4:31am On Nov 05, 2022
grin
Re: Expect 7,000 Megawatts Before May 2023 - Buhari & Siemens by Napata77: 4:32am On Nov 05, 2022
Antyislam:
The only thing we are expecting from you is just to handover to Mr Peter obi, no more no less

Nobody will hand over power to Obi if he does not win the elections.
Re: Expect 7,000 Megawatts Before May 2023 - Buhari & Siemens by bushjeph: 4:59am On Nov 05, 2022
The only thing we expect from may29 is you handing over to PETER OBI.
Re: Expect 7,000 Megawatts Before May 2023 - Buhari & Siemens by SmartPolician: 5:07am On Nov 05, 2022
Babatunde Fashola, the rocket scientist and CCTV-discovering agent, promised to deliver 10,000 MW in 2019. Well, Buhari's promise is more realistic.

1 Like

Re: Expect 7,000 Megawatts Before May 2023 - Buhari & Siemens by Karlovych: 5:07am On Nov 05, 2022
2014- Change
2018- Next level
2022- Emilokan

It must never happen!

Nigerians this is a great opportunity to take back our country, for 8 years I saw a lot at the gate and I'm tired. I can't endure another 8 years when I'll be in my 50s under this wicked party.

I have decided to become OBIdient

Re: Expect 7,000 Megawatts Before May 2023 - Buhari & Siemens by Napata77: 5:10am On Nov 05, 2022
SmartPolician:
Babatunde Fashola, the rocket scientist and CCTV-discovering agent, promised to deliver 10,000 MW in 2019. Well, Buhari's promise is more realistic.

I've never felt as confident about the power sector as I do today.

Buhari is the president that will end the power crisis once and for all.

That Siemens deal is no joke. It transformed Egypt's power sector, and will do the same in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Expect 7,000 Megawatts Before May 2023 - Buhari & Siemens by Racoon(m): 5:14am On Nov 05, 2022
After how many years. Another silly and irresponsible state.
Re: Expect 7,000 Megawatts Before May 2023 - Buhari & Siemens by Napata77: 5:17am On Nov 05, 2022
Racoon:
After how many years. Another silly and irresponsible state.

Oh sure. Mr Perfect.

We know if you were in charge we'd be on 100,000 megawatts by now.

Msheww...

1 Like

Re: Expect 7,000 Megawatts Before May 2023 - Buhari & Siemens by Racoon(m): 5:27am On Nov 05, 2022
Napata77:
Oh sure. Mr Perfect.We know if you were in charge we'd be on 100,000 megawatts by now.Msheww...
A government have been in the saddle for the past 7 years after promising beyond this shit they are telling you now yet you don't deemed it fit to demand accountability or responsibility?

it now Tinubu and APC that has been in power for 7yrs can. So anyone that falls for APC foolishness this time is a confirmed mutula, if you aren't getting financial gains from APC and if you're not a tribalist or Muslim supremacist there's no single reason to vote APC
Do zombiesm with sense.
Re: Expect 7,000 Megawatts Before May 2023 - Buhari & Siemens by Napata77: 5:32am On Nov 05, 2022
Racoon:

A government have been in the saddle for the past 7 years after promising beyond this shit they are telling you now yet you don't deemed it fit to demand accountability or responsibility?

it now Tinubu and APC that has been in power for 7yrs can. So anyone that falls for APC foolishness this time is a confirmed mutula, if you aren't getting financial gains from APC and if you're not a tribalist or Muslim supremacist there's no single reason to vote APC
Do zombiesm with sense.

Abeg return to your spare parts shop,

PDP that were there for 16 years eating your money and doing nothing, what did you say to them?

Go and contest the presidency, let us see you solve all Nigeria's problems in 2 years.

Superman.

1 Like

Re: Expect 7,000 Megawatts Before May 2023 - Buhari & Siemens by everythinggirly(f): 7:03am On Nov 05, 2022
What I observe is that, once their tenure is coming to an end, they start doing new projects wey even fit no finish, they will start acting nice.

I can't wait for buhari to pack and go. grin

Contact me for your academic research writing services!
Re: Expect 7,000 Megawatts Before May 2023 - Buhari & Siemens by 2rez: 9:27am On Nov 08, 2022
everythinggirly:
What I observe is that, once their tenure is coming to an end, they start doing new projects wey even fit no finish, they will start acting nice.

You are not incorrect. Well observed
Re: Expect 7,000 Megawatts Before May 2023 - Buhari & Siemens by shobam1410(m): 11:06pm On Nov 19, 2022
everythinggirly:

How do I contact you on WhatsApp please?
Re: Expect 7,000 Megawatts Before May 2023 - Buhari & Siemens by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 11:16pm On Nov 19, 2022
Good development

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Northerners Threaten To Stone Anyone That Asks Them To Vote Tinubu / How Much Is Petrol Sold In Your Area / APC Rigging Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.