Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,212 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Loan Shark Have Started It Again - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Loan Shark Have Started It Again (3190 Views)

Man Stabbed To Death During Argument With Loan Shark Operators In Ogun / My Experience With Loan Shark App (lcash) / Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loan Shark Have Started It Again by omokab: 7:13am On Nov 06, 2022
Good morning to you all. Sometimes ago the federal governor of Nigeria cracked down on some illegal loan shark terrorising Nigeria loan defaulters by calling them names or labelling them as criminal for not paying back their loan on time. Just yesterday I received a message from this loan shark called FUNDY loan app with picture of a person I know but not closed . They sent a message calling him a criminal and a wanted person possibly to all his contact number . How on earth will a loan shark be calling somebody a criminal and wanted without court consent . This there attitude should be addressed by Federal government . When asked one of this loan defaulter while he has not pay their money . He said he has paid but remain 2k of defaulting loan interest . The time he wanted to pay on the deadline day ,their app account could not accept the payment and later he was asked to pay through manual possibly by pos. Now 2k was added within 2 or 3 days .So whose fault is that .
Please we need quick intervention of government to stop all this loan shark to avoid negative impact that might happen to those implicating their names

3 Likes

Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by triple996(m): 7:21am On Nov 06, 2022
Nigerians too like awoof
Tell ur friend to Pay his Dept after all nobody forced him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by Orfankwagh(m): 7:22am On Nov 06, 2022
Leave those criminals with outrageous interest,the othe gave me 10k to pay back 17k in two weeks as if i was using the money to go and buy gun for robbery.

7 Likes

Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by Millimann: 7:29am On Nov 06, 2022
triple996:
Nigerians too like awoof

Did you read what the Op wrote up there?

7 Likes

Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by Berrityga: 7:36am On Nov 06, 2022
Nigerians always take loans with no intentions to pay back.. I'm in support of anything loan apps do to get their money back.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by Amarahobu: 7:54pm On Nov 06, 2022
You must be a fool to say you support whatever they do to get back there loan, do you know how many people who has lost there life do to character assassination by loan apps, since when did borrowing money and being unable to pay back become a criminal offense?

Berrityga:
Nigerians always take loans with no intentions to pay back.. I'm in support of anything loan apps do to get their money back.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by Chris2863(m): 9:21pm On Nov 06, 2022
Amarahobu:
You must be a fool to say you support whatever they do to get back there loan, do you know how many people who has lost there life do to character assassination by loan apps, since when did borrowing money and being unable to pay back become a criminal offense?

you are blabbing. Don’t borrow if you can’t pay back on or before your due date. Thieves everywhere

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by Amarahobu: 9:25pm On Nov 06, 2022
Keep working for loan apps, keep accumulating generational causes for your children.

Chris2863:
you are blabbing. Don’t borrow if you can’t pay back on or before your due date. Thieves everywhere

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by mawogej: 7:41am On Nov 07, 2022
triple996:
Nigerians too like awoof
learn to read b4 u comment

2 Likes

Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by Ifakiland(m): 8:16am On Nov 07, 2022
Amarahobu:

Werey go pau your debt....borrow borrow broke ass nig
Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by Shetemi12(m): 8:51am On Nov 07, 2022
triple996:
Nigerians too like awoof

Must you always be a fool?
Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by PrincessofDSS(f): 12:28pm On Nov 07, 2022
triple996:
Nigerians too like awoof

It’s obvious you’re one the loan sharks criminals, your days are numbered

3 Likes

Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by BATified2023: 3:06pm On Nov 07, 2022
Amarahobu:

I used to think like u before but since I lent people money n they turn out to chronic defaulters n some didn’t even pay back I don’t pity them again

At this stage,I don’t want to know the person’s condition I no dey give shishi

Imagine one guy always forming pastor he came to me d first day to borrow money,I tell am say I no get I just buy am food,the following day this grown man came again n was almost crying,I lent him 5k after promising heaven n earth but this is the 4 month n d guy never pay me

See ehn

I support all those loan apps 100%

As I dey like this I no dey do borrow borrow again,irrespective of conditions involved I go lock up

Nigerians are heartless

3 Likes

Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by frndfghtr(m): 5:38am On Nov 08, 2022
Owuite adiro mma chachaaa, owu sakata jumper, owu adiro mma is a jumper, Obi na igwe, biko nyere m aka, ndi a na agba mbibi ego, egbuola anti nke ukwu,
Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by Difrent: 7:17am On Nov 09, 2022
triple996:
Nigerians too like awoof

Anybody offering 7 days l9an only at 40 to 60 % interest is a thief and deserved not go be paid.
They operate illegally thats why they can't take lawful routes to recover their money.

His friend simply stole from a thief.

Have you ever seen Carbon...Fairmoney ....migo....quickcheck and other Legal loan companies send messages to people's contacts?

I support anyone that dont pay them back.... criminals cannot be taking advantage of the economic crisis in the country to defraud people.

Of course you were not forced to take the loan but the loan sharks use lies and deception to lure people....they knew what they are doing is wrong...why should the borrower feel obligated to payback. How can you charge upfront interest you should charge for 2 years for 7 days.

3 Likes

Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by Difrent: 7:20am On Nov 09, 2022
BATified2023:
I used to think like u before but since I lent people money n they turn out to chronic defaulters n some didn’t even pay back I don’t pity them again

At this stage,I don’t want to know the person’s condition I no dey give shishi

Imagine one guy always forming pastor he came to me d first day to borrow money,I tell am say I no get I just buy am food,the following day this grown man came again n was almost crying,I lent him 5k after promising heaven n earth but this is the 4 month n d guy never pay me

See ehn

I support all those loan apps 100%

You are mistaking loan apps for loan sharks. They are different. Not every loan given out will be paid back...even with the most stringent conditions life happens to people and companies that may not make them pay back.
You are not giving out loans to people for 7 days at 40 to 60% interest like those loan sharks do now.
Abeg you no get point
Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by LacyPantSniffer(m): 10:12am On Nov 09, 2022
I have plans of collecting up to a million naira from these illegal loan sharks....I won't target licensed ones like Fairmoney & Okash.

On Google play store alone,these loans apps are more than 2000 not to talk of the ones on Whatsapp and APK....

The only issue I have now is that I use Kuda bank and most of them don't disburse loans to Kuda angry
Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by Killerbag36: 11:24am On Nov 09, 2022
Be like me borrow with fake ids so them no go know who them go hold las las
Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by xristos(m): 12:24pm On Nov 09, 2022
LacyPantSniffer:
I have plans of collecting up to a million naira from these illegal loan sharks....I won't target licensed ones like Fairmoney & Okash.

On Google play store alone,these loans apps are more than 2000 not to talk of the ones on Whatsapp and APK....

The only issue I have now is that I use Kuda bank and most of them don't disburse loans to Kuda angry

most will request ur BVN..no way to dodge that
Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by gozmann(m): 6:02pm On Feb 07, 2023
If you have complaints to make about loan sharks, you can forward them to this email address: lendersinterimregistration@fccpc.gov.ng with proofs/screenshots. Please, don't wait till you're defamed 🙏🏼

I believe we can put an end to this madness for good.
Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by Reelmii: 9:01pm On Feb 07, 2023
Na u borrow the money no dey lie...just pay wat u owe simple.....nobody can tell them how to go about retrieving their money

1 Like

Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by Deserea: 9:14pm On Feb 07, 2023
Me coming out of Lapo with my loan!

We moveeeeee!!!!!

Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by OGwales(m): 2:11am On Feb 08, 2023
Na you price and you must pay. No dey taste weytin you no dey chop, Una no go hear. We Nigerians always try to play the smart ones but end up crying in the hands of these Chinese companies.

What do you expect government to do When government sef dey own China

I respect myself, I won't even download their apps not to talk of borrowing. Na so my friend almost keel em mama because she ended up paying when loan sharks wen frustrate her life with calls, the i.diot went to borrow again. Hence, I no dey pity defaulters. Though, I follow chop inside the money, he buy me 2 bottles of chill beer. Why you go borrow loan from sharks to flex guys and impress kpekus, carry her go chicken Republic

Dear prospective defaulters, if you like go borrow chinese companies go show una shege.

Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by nedekid: 4:39am On Feb 08, 2023
omokab:
Good morning to you all. Sometimes ago the federal governor of Nigeria cracked down on some illegal loan shark terrorising Nigeria loan defaulters by calling them names or labelling them as criminal for not paying back their loan on time. Just yesterday I received a message from this loan shark called FUNDY loan app with picture of a person I know but not closed . They sent a message calling him a criminal and a wanted person possibly to all his contact number . How on earth will a loan shark be calling somebody a criminal and wanted without court consent . This there attitude should be addressed by Federal government . When asked one of this loan defaulter while he has not pay their money . He said he has paid but remain 2k of defaulting loan interest . The time he wanted to pay on the deadline day ,their app account could not accept the payment and later he was asked to pay through manual possibly by pos. Now 2k was added within 2 or 3 days .So whose fault is that .
Please we need quick intervention of government to stop all this loan shark to avoid negative impact that might happen to those implicating their names
Did you need gov intervention when collecting the money?

Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by nedekid: 4:48am On Feb 08, 2023
gozmann:
If you have complaints to make about loan sharks, you can forward them to this email address: lendersinterimregistration@fccpc.gov.ng with proofs/screenshots. Please, don't wait till you're defamed 🙏🏼

I believe we can put an end to this madness for good.
Advice him rather to be responsible. You take money, you pay, and pay as at when due. Nobody put a gun to one's head to take the money. Op, filled a form, put his details and hoped it will be approved.
All these lame excuses why one could not pay must be jettisoned.
My carpenter the other day I wanted to transfer money to changed his account details, why? He said if I pay to the regular account he wount see the money as he had debt on that account.
So why not pay? He is earning money, but the debt is not a priority, probably because the loan company did not collect collateral.
Tomorrow, they insult or defame him, he comes here shedding crocodile tears and you advice him to send an email, saying we have to put a "stop to this madness".
Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by PPIA: 6:47am On Feb 08, 2023
coolI have collected from over 14 of them and I have paid none cool
Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by Jacobx007: 10:29am On Feb 08, 2023
OGwales:
Na you price and you must pay. No dey taste weytin you no dey chop, Una no go hear. We Nigerians always try to play the smart ones but end up crying in the hands of these Chinese companies.

What do you expect government to do When government sef dey own China

I respect myself, I won't even download their apps not to talk of borrowing. Na so my friend almost keel em mama because she ended up paying when loan sharks wen frustrate her life with calls, the i.diot went to borrow again. Hence, I no dey pity defaulters. Though, I follow chop inside the money, he buy me 2 bottles of chill beer. Why you go borrow loan from sharks to flex guys and impress kpekus, carry her go chicken Republic

Dear prospective defaulters, if you like go borrow chinese companies go show una shege.
Let him borrow with fake contacts, case closed.
Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by Jacobx007: 10:30am On Feb 08, 2023
nedekid:

Did you need gov intervention when collecting the money?
Tell him to use fake contacts, he has practically finished them
Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by Jacobx007: 10:34am On Feb 08, 2023
nedekid:

Advice him rather to be responsible. You take money, you pay, and pay as at when due. Nobody put a gun to one's head to take the money. Op, filled a form, put his details and hoped it will be approved.
All these lame excuses why one could not pay must be jettisoned.
My carpenter the other day I wanted to transfer money to changed his account details, why? He said if I pay to the regular account he wount see the money as he had debt on that account.
So why not pay? He is earning money, but the debt is not a priority, probably because the loan company did not collect collateral.
Tomorrow, they insult or defame him, he comes here shedding crocodile tears and you advice him to send an email, saying we have to put a "stop to this madness".
Loan sharks are into illegal business in Nigeria, so the only way to chase them out is to USE FAKE CONTACTS, shey they want to give loan of 7 days with 80% interest?
Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by nedekid: 10:58am On Feb 08, 2023
Jacobx007:

Loan sharks are into illegal business in Nigeria, so the only way to chase them out is to USE FAKE CONTACTS, shey they want to give loan of 7 days with 80% interest?
80% in 7 days? That's crazy.
So he should not take their money if the terms is not favorable. Once you take, you pay. If they had held his phone or any other collateral, wount he pay?
Besides the higher the risk in the operating environment, the more the interest.
If you take, you pay, that is the honorable thing. But question is, how many nigerians are honorable?
Borrow 99% of Nigerian money and you will fight to get your money back.
3 days ago, my supplier over billed my staff by ₦9900 for items supplied. Luckily I was there. First time of me going to that business in 4 month. I transfered for his goods.
Later, I look at the bill to do a costing and discovered the over charge and called the supplier.
He apologized that "na mistake".
Till now, 3 days later, send me my balance of ₦9900. Story!
Meanwhile, this is someone that does not joke with his supplies, once he supplies you, you must pay instantly if not na fight or he uses phone call to bug your life.
Most Nigerians are not streight forward.
Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by Stephenmoka4(m): 6:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
PPIA:
coolI have collected from over 14 of them and I have paid none cool
14! Is it possible? ABI na cruise 🤔
Re: Loan Shark Have Started It Again by PPIA: 7:57pm On Feb 08, 2023
Stephenmoka4:
14! Is it possible? ABI na cruise 🤔

No capping bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Confirm Abduction Of Abia Varsity Deputy VC, Godwin Emezue / Taraba State Gov Convoy Kills Edward Kokobili, Groom To Be / A Nigerian Girl Raped & Buried Alive By Gang [pics + Video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.