Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,896 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding (10882 Views)

Mapping Out Areas In Abuja Prone To Flooding / Devastating Air Raids Against Bandits In Mariga Forest, Niger State (Graphic) / Travel Ban: Timi Frank Releases ‘authentic List’ Of Those Affected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by Shehuyinka: 12:53pm On Nov 06, 2022
She had expected her community to be flooded this year, but the level of flooding had exceeded her expectations. Flooding in Nigeria has been widespread and devastating this year, unlike in previous years.

The mother of one, who only wanted to be identified as Zanga, told The ICIR from her flooded community that this was the worst flood she had ever seen.

Zanga had anticipated the usual flash floods that occur after torrential rains every year between April and October. But she didn’t expect it to force her family and other members of the community to seek refuge away from their homes.

This year, her community, Omoku, a town in Rivers State, in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government Area (LHA) with a population of about 200,000 people, experienced flooding under which houses and roads are submerged.

As the water began to rise in her neighbourhood, she began tweeting about it on October 8. Her tweets became more frequent, with updates on the situation in her community.

She was posting images and videos of water submerging roads, cars and houses and of people as they began to use the canoe as a mode of transportation in her town.

She eventually left her home after it became uninhabitable due to the flood level, which began drowning houses.

She now leads a campaign, alongside other volunteers, helping people affected by the flood in her community.

Reuben Tonye Seiyefa and his friends are also assisting flood victims in Bayelsa state.

In an interview with The ICIR about the current situation in Bayelsa, Seiyefa said the flood had left the state in a terrible condition.

He said, “The flooding in Bayelsa is disastrous. Water has flooded entire communities, and people have lost their homes. The flood has cut Bayelsa off from two neighbouring states. As a result, goods cannot enter the state, driving up the cost of living.

Transportation and food prices have also increased. There are death records, and I am aware of six deaths in Bayelsa.”

He added, “People are now living well. We’ve been visiting camps where people are being housed to see how we can assist. And we’ve done it by contributing money among ourselves and soliciting donations from the general public. We’ve used it to provide people with clean drinking water, medicines, milk, insecticide, mosquito nets, and sanitary pads.”

For Ali Jay, a farmer in Kaduna, the flood in August 2022 damaged his rice farm. He told The ICIR that he lost N1.8 million he invested in his farm, which was almost ready for harvest.
READ MORE HERE: https://www.icirnigeria.org/flood-series-mapping-out-those-affected-lost-to-nigerian-devastating-flooding/

Re: Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by GlobalWay: 12:55pm On Nov 06, 2022
cry My Prayer is with all the flooded Communities. Now I know that this article that I've just read is right. Nigerians, less daily Pray for one another regardless of Enemy, Friends, Tribal differences and everything that Satan uses to get right to Afflict. Prayers birth Love and Cooperation. If there was Cooperation and love, these People would have been relocated before the Flood.
First, Pray that our Heavenly FATHER should Help you to Obey HIS Command that you should constantly Pray for your Enemies.
This is a sincere Prayer that we must ALL individually Pray for ourselves tonight. Glad that our Fellowship here is not a self-deceitful Fellowship where many pretend as if it is easy to Obey the Commands and Commandments of our CREATOR.

Same reason why I AM THAT I AM called David the Man after HIS Heart, because David refused to be a proudful pretender like most that publicly act like they don't really Need HIS Help to do HIS Will. David always unashamedly Cry out publicly and privately for HIM to Help him do HIS Will.

With same David-like humble Heart, we should individually Pray in Vigil Tonight to Cry out to the CREATOR of Humanity that HE should Transform us to daily perfectly Obey the Commands HE gave us in the Scripture and in our individual Hearts. We sincerely confess that our Flesh doesn't like to do spiritual things that makes many People sees us as foolish, even when such really Pleases our CREATOR. We shall lay bare our Hearts before HIM tonight and sincerely Plead for HIS Enablement of our Spirits to become irreversibly Triumphant over limitations and wisdom of the Flesh.

"Pray for your Enemies" doesn't mean to mumble 1 or 2 syllables in the morning in attempt to pretentously say "My CREATOR, you see that I've obeyed YOU" It means seriosuly Interceding even as you would seriosuly Battle for and Pray for your own Salvation. If it is easy to Pray for our Enemies, how many of us has ever gone on 7 Days or 21 Days Fasting and Prayer of not asking for any other thing other than Requesting that our CREATOR should have Mercy on our Enemies by the Blood of MESSIAH, Save them from Satan's Deception/Captivity and Trasform them to be massive Soul Winners, Evangelists and Witnesses for HIS Eternal Kingdom? Nothing really matter most than that now, especially with this extremely short Time remaining for this current World System to End.

We acknowledge the Fact that we need HIS Help and Enablement to go beyond just forgiving our Enemies, to tenaciously intercede and Pray for them till the Pure SPIRIT of Salvation irreversibly snatch them by the Blood of MESSIAH out of the hands of Satan. Those that have been paying Attention to the Divine moves in SGP would know that this is the current Heart Cry of our Eternal Heavenly FATHER! The Time for praying for milk and honey, Jobs, cars and houses, etc. has Passed. Even if it is one meal you and I are able to get in a Day, we should ceaselessly Dance and Rejoice that our Redemption from this evil World is very much about to Happen! So, the Greatest Concern of Heaven now is how to Snatch as many Souls as Possible from Hell, including the very Witches and Wizards in our Families that we know have wanted nothing else other than killing us. I AM THAT I AM has made it Obvious that HE made it impossible for them to kill us. Now is our Time to do HIS Will by ceaselessly Interceding and Praying for their Salvation.

Let's Pray: Our Eternal Heavenly FATHER, we Thank YOU for Confirming Your Word by Proving that This Same is what YOU have been telling all your Genuine Temples all around the World this very Week. We Thank YOU for not allowing us to be Deaf and Dumb in the SPIRIT. For Empowering us to Clearly Hear YOU, All Glory, Honour, Worship, Power, and Adoration be unto Your Pure Name forever more in JESUS' Name!!!!!!!
https://www.nairaland.com/7419422/praying-enemies-key-spiritual-maturity

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by money121(m): 12:56pm On Nov 06, 2022
Ok
Re: Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by nony43(m): 12:56pm On Nov 06, 2022
RIP to the lost souls.

2 Likes

Re: Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by Spirit247: 12:58pm On Nov 06, 2022
cry
Re: Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by Ngwamankillyou(m): 12:58pm On Nov 06, 2022
Too bad and avoidable if only we have a responsible government.

1 Like

Re: Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:58pm On Nov 06, 2022
May God give them succor.

And the government and well-meaning Nigerians should rise up and do something to help them NOW

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by grandstar(m): 12:59pm On Nov 06, 2022
Om
Re: Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 1:00pm On Nov 06, 2022
Nawa ooo

God help us oo

1 Like

Re: Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by Curious345: 1:02pm On Nov 06, 2022
Build a new dam to counter the Cameroun dam .. that's all

1 Like

Re: Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by Joshmoore(m): 1:02pm On Nov 06, 2022
God punish APC, Buhari, Amoda Ogunlere Yekini yashidi and his evil supporters grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by Sammy07: 1:03pm On Nov 06, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:
grin

Kai Yoruba people and evil. See as they used their media to style the report as if Those ibos where the worst hit by the flood because of Peter Obi being from their tribe?

Why are the Yoruba so uncivilized hate filled and always tribalsitic?

See how they turned a serious report that should detail those innocent people affected around the country to a tribalsitic trash piece .

Even here in my Edo state we didn't feel the flooding much but I know Bayelsa was nearly submerged....

Same with Benue state , Adamawa etc

Why focus on Anambra ? Anyways I don't blame that devilish tribe I blame the ibos for placing themselves in such a situation that the Yorubas just ridicule them whenever they want

You ibos spent years believing the Yoruba media that told you the north is your enemy when the Yoruba are your true enemies .

You ibos need to get some sense .. the north have absolutely nothing against you, the southwest are your true enemies

Rule 2, seun, Nlfbmod, mynd44

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by Bunnatex(m): 1:03pm On Nov 06, 2022
Comrades please make the comments as brief and concise as possible. Put all necessary punctuation to enable us have a smooth reading.
Re: Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by hayoholla(m): 1:03pm On Nov 06, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:
grin

Kai Yoruba people and evil. See as they used their media to style the report as if Those ibos where the worst hit by the flood because of Peter Obi being from their tribe?

See how they turned a serious report that should detail those innocent people affected around the country to a tribalsitic trash piece .

Even here in my Edo state we didn't feel the flooding much but I know Bayelsa was nearly submerged....

Why focus on Anambra ? Anyways I don't blame that devilish tribe I blame the ibos for placing themselves in such a situation that the Yorubas just ridicule them whenever they want

You really live up to your moniker, albeit your name. You really are the king of the damned.

4 Likes

Re: Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by Sammy07: 1:07pm On Nov 06, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:

One of them wants to quote me I see....

I will curse your generation if you abuse me

Why I go abuse you.?

1 Like

Re: Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by candidbabe(f): 1:07pm On Nov 06, 2022
cool cool cool
Re: Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by Larryton(m): 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:
grin

You ibos spent years believing the Yoruba media that told you the north is your enemy when the Yoruba are your true enemies .

You ibos need to get some sense .. the north have absolutely nothing against you, the southwest are your true enemies .

If Una like make Una no wise

If 84 people is killed in Anambra and you think its nothing serious, it means you have mental issue

5 Likes

Re: Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by hayoholla(m): 1:09pm On Nov 06, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:

What is your business?

None, just pointing it out to you. Bye angry
Re: Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by FuckTheMod: 1:10pm On Nov 06, 2022
WHERE IN LAGOS?

Liar liar

Re: Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by FuckTheMod: 1:11pm On Nov 06, 2022
Parapoo07:
V
You, dem supposed give 600 years ban with this nonsense u dey always post.
Re: Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 06, 2022
APC is the worst political party in the world

1 Like

Re: Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by wolebest: 1:17pm On Nov 06, 2022
Shehuyinka:

READ MORE HERE: https://www.icirnigeria.org/flood-series-mapping-out-those-affected-lost-to-nigerian-devastating-flooding/

The flooding this year is no longer funny.

Massive flood waters across the country, low land or high lands.

1 Like

Re: Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by Komolafe89: 1:23pm On Nov 06, 2022
Ok
Re: Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by newnigerdelta00: 1:25pm On Nov 06, 2022
Re: Mapping Out Those Affected, Lost To Nigerian Devastating Flooding by sammirano: 1:29pm On Nov 06, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:
grin

You ibos need to get some sense .. the north have absolutely nothing against you, the southwest are your true enemies .

If Una like make Una no wise

Chinedu, have you used your med today? You sound deranged.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Impose visa ban on Buhari after May 29, PDP urges international community / Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. / Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.