Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It (57177 Views)

I Had An Unprotected Sex And I'm Sick / Delta Doctors And Nurses Refuse To Attend To Accident Victim (Disturbing Photos) / Doctor Uses Slippers As A Neck Collar To Save Accident Victim(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by harmony75: 11:28pm On Nov 06, 2022
God bless you � �
Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 06, 2022
The guy and his parents calls me like a billion times a day,they even offered to pay me back but I refused, collecting the money back is not worth the joy I got from doing what I did.

This!

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by achi4u(m): 11:30pm On Nov 06, 2022
Like someone already said in page one,you not only save the man but have saved so many through this ur act of kindness.

God's blessings upon you.

2 Likes

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by OdefaGirl(f): 11:33pm On Nov 06, 2022
Samantha123:
Did you have to post the person's pictures online though?

What happened to privacy?

Shut up

2 Likes

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Shikini: 11:34pm On Nov 06, 2022
Well done bro.
You're a hero

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Aremolekunowo(m): 11:35pm On Nov 06, 2022
May God bless and keep you and your generations. You have performed a great sacrifice for humanity, heaven and earth will surely bear witness to this act of your loving kindness ❤.

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Dearlord(m): 11:36pm On Nov 06, 2022
God bless you senior man

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Kavod: 11:36pm On Nov 06, 2022
SEE people think Christianity is going to church and speaking in tongues, but NO those are pagans and anti-Christ who believe in magic, so whatever faith they feel they have is without substance SO THEREFORE making it INVALID. You are a CHRISTIAN, it's what CHRIST would have done. Hope you saw them in action? They where praying even when they had no COURAGE believing magic would HAPPEN. WALK THE WALK NOR TALK THE WALK SIMPLE.

2 Likes

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by OdefaGirl(f): 11:36pm On Nov 06, 2022
I feel very emotional....

It is rare to find people who would willingly do what you did for this total stranger..... You are one of a kind and I pray that God will bless you.
The universe will favour you.
May you not be in need of help and not get....

You actually staked out your safety for a life.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. GOD BLESS YOU SIR

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Dabillion: 11:42pm On Nov 06, 2022
God bless you bro, you made me shed some few drop of h2o. May you never experience difficulty in anything you put your hands to do, peace&joy will never depart your household. ISE
Centurion101:
I write this story to encourage people to always help if they are in a position to do so, especially is the situation is dire. What goes around comes around and you might just find yourself in a situation where you Will need help from strangers and hope they help you too.

Days ago I was in my neighborhood in South West running some errands at around 9pm on Sunday when I found myself in a very busy road packed to the brim end to end with cars stuck in a hold up trying to beat the jam to get to Thier respective destinations.

I turned the ignition off since I've already spent like 20minutes without moving an inch, a few seconds later I heard a loud bang it was a speeding bike who wanted to use it's small size to it's advantage to beat the traffic, upon close inspection I realized the bike has Just hit a guy with full force and ran away.

Consequently people came out to check on the guy that was hit,he was unconscious bleeding from the back of his head and face, unfortunately the bike's force banged him right into a very big cement structure that would probably weigh a couple of tons.

Nigerians being Nigerians started praying and speaking in tongues instead of administering aid to the guy, nobody was willing to touch him,there were just shouting and saying he is probably dead and they don't want police to charge them with his death.

At this point I tried to control the crowd to disperse and at least give this guy room to breathe and get some fresh air hoping that might resuscitate him,but there were like 50people gathering there and there is only so much a single person can do.

So realizing no one was willing to help this guy I fought my way through them ruggedly to get to the guy I realized he has a broken leg and arm and he was bleeding heavily but he has a pulse and he is not dead,
I don't know what I was thinking or what power came over me but the fact that he is alive made a difference to me and I said to myself I will take him to the hospital even if I have to carry him on my back and trek there.
I asked a man to help me Carry him, he asked do I know the victim and I answered yes,he is my junior brother.

so they helped me lift him up and I carried him on my back and began to speed, now the next thing was how to get transportation,we are in a hold up and no car is moving, by this point the crowds has dispersed and left me alone to tend to my PROBLEM.

I locked my car , sat the guy close to the side of the road ,I tried to find something that could apply pressure to reduce the bleeding,then it dawned on me that a cloth will do just fine,so I removed my shirt and tied it around his leg where he was bleeding the most.

Like I said earlier the task at hand was how to get transportation to the closest hospital, I began flagging down bikes but none of them stopped out of fear until I literarily ran in front of one forcing him to stop and told him to take me to the next hospital,I was about to start begging him to not let this guy die because of fear when this guy got down from his bike offering to help lift him so we can take him to the hospital,I don't know if it's God that sent him or it was just pure luck but he helped and we put the victim in the middle and started our journey to the hospital.

On the way I checked the guy's pulse and breathing like every second, telling him he's going to live one way or the other because my work will not be in vain. As God will have it he opened his eyes but he was still incoherent and totally out of it ,but at least now his eyes is opened and he is not laying down like a dead man,that kind of gave me an atom of hope.

Moments later we arrived at a private hospital and they were just about to close, apparently they had some issues with the workers that were supposed to cover a night shift, infact there was only one doctor on call and a few nurses around so it was all hands on deck, the victim was stretched in and as per private hospital wahala they demanded card and treatment fee up front, I even begged them to at least priorities the guy's life first but they said no money no treatment,so I paid for card, admission fee and treatment, it was 33,000 naira

After payment the doctor came in with the nurses and started working Thier magic, giving him some injections , cleaning his wounds,they even plugged him up with something that aided his breathing (I don't know what the thing is called).

After a couple of hours around 11:30pm the doctors came out and told me he was stable,that he had some internal bleedings that has Been stopped and he is responding fine to the treatment,they said I can go and see him if I wanted.

I went into the ward and checked up on him,he was heavily medicated and he couldn't really say anything that makes sense,he was just fixated on my face, strolling in and out of consciousness.

I slept in the hospital and the following morning around 8am he was awake and fine ,so I went to see him and when he saw me,he just started crying uncontrollably saying THANK YOU like a hundred times without stopping, this kind of made me a bit emotional because I've not really seen a lot of grown men cry.
He gave me his phone and I contacted his family members and told them what Happened, his mother almost passed out on the call, some minutes later they all rushed into the hospital. I peeked at them through the glass window when they went to his ward,the relief and joy in Thier faces is one of the most beautiful things I've seen in my life.

I left my number with the nurses there and told them to give to the guy when he is discharged and I made my way down to fetch my car, hoping and praying fervently that the car is still there and that was it.

That 33k was the best thing I've paid for in all my life and what happened just gave me joy and relief anytime I think about it.

The guy and his parents calls me like a billion times a day,they even offered to pay me back but I refused, collecting the money back is not worth the joy I got from doing what I did.

2 Likes

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by OdefaGirl(f): 11:43pm On Nov 06, 2022
JuanDeDios:
[b][/b]
Beautiful story. But I still want to give you 10k out of that money. You can drop your number here or DM it. Please. God bless you.

Please Centurion101, don't refuse this gesture. God blessings we pray for you would be coming through men. You are kind and kindness shall you receive Sir.

2 Likes

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by infosoftlife: 11:45pm On Nov 06, 2022
[/quote]

Good Samaritan

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by onomeabuja: 11:46pm On Nov 06, 2022
Centurion101:
I write this story to encourage people to always help if they are in a position to do so, especially is the situation is dire. What goes around comes around and you might just find yourself in a situation where you Will need help from strangers and hope they help you too.

Days ago I was in my neighborhood in South West running some errands at around 9pm on Sunday when I found myself in a very busy road packed to the brim end to end with cars stuck in a hold up trying to beat the jam to get to Thier respective destinations.

I turned the ignition off since I've already spent like 20minutes without moving an inch, a few seconds later I heard a loud bang it was a speeding bike who wanted to use it's small size to it's advantage to beat the traffic, upon close inspection I realized the bike has Just hit a guy with full force and ran away.

Consequently people came out to check on the guy that was hit,he was unconscious bleeding from the back of his head and face, unfortunately the bike's force banged him right into a very big cement structure that would probably weigh a couple of tons.

Nigerians being Nigerians started praying and speaking in tongues instead of administering aid to the guy, nobody was willing to touch him,there were just shouting and saying he is probably dead and they don't want police to charge them with his death.

At this point I tried to control the crowd to disperse and at least give this guy room to breathe and get some fresh air hoping that might resuscitate him,but there were like 50people gathering there and there is only so much a single person can do.

So realizing no one was willing to help this guy I fought my way through them ruggedly to get to the guy I realized he has a broken leg and arm and he was bleeding heavily but he has a pulse and he is not dead,
I don't know what I was thinking or what power came over me but the fact that he is alive made a difference to me and I said to myself I will take him to the hospital even if I have to carry him on my back and trek there.
I asked a man to help me Carry him, he asked do I know the victim and I answered yes,he is my junior brother.

so they helped me lift him up and I carried him on my back and began to speed, now the next thing was how to get transportation,we are in a hold up and no car is moving, by this point the crowds has dispersed and left me alone to tend to my PROBLEM.

I locked my car , sat the guy close to the side of the road ,I tried to find something that could apply pressure to reduce the bleeding,then it dawned on me that a cloth will do just fine,so I removed my shirt and tied it around his leg where he was bleeding the most.

Like I said earlier the task at hand was how to get transportation to the closest hospital, I began flagging down bikes but none of them stopped out of fear until I literarily ran in front of one forcing him to stop and told him to take me to the next hospital,I was about to start begging him to not let this guy die because of fear when this guy got down from his bike offering to help lift him so we can take him to the hospital,I don't know if it's God that sent him or it was just pure luck but he helped and we put the victim in the middle and started our journey to the hospital.

On the way I checked the guy's pulse and breathing like every second, telling him he's going to live one way or the other because my work will not be in vain. As God will have it he opened his eyes but he was still incoherent and totally out of it ,but at least now his eyes is opened and he is not laying down like a dead man,that kind of gave me an atom of hope.

Moments later we arrived at a private hospital and they were just about to close, apparently they had some issues with the workers that were supposed to cover a night shift, infact there was only one doctor on call and a few nurses around so it was all hands on deck, the victim was stretched in and as per private hospital wahala they demanded card and treatment fee up front, I even begged them to at least priorities the guy's life first but they said no money no treatment,so I paid for card, admission fee and treatment, it was 33,000 naira

After payment the doctor came in with the nurses and started working Thier magic, giving him some injections , cleaning his wounds,they even plugged him up with something that aided his breathing (I don't know what the thing is called).

After a couple of hours around 11:30pm the doctors came out and told me he was stable,that he had some internal bleedings that has Been stopped and he is responding fine to the treatment,they said I can go and see him if I wanted.

I went into the ward and checked up on him,he was heavily medicated and he couldn't really say anything that makes sense,he was just fixated on my face, strolling in and out of consciousness.

I slept in the hospital and the following morning around 8am he was awake and fine ,so I went to see him and when he saw me,he just started crying uncontrollably saying THANK YOU like a hundred times without stopping, this kind of made me a bit emotional because I've not really seen a lot of grown men cry.
He gave me his phone and I contacted his family members and told them what Happened, his mother almost passed out on the call, some minutes later they all rushed into the hospital. I peeked at them through the glass window when they went to his ward,the relief and joy in Thier faces is one of the most beautiful things I've seen in my life.

I left my number with the nurses there and told them to give to the guy when he is discharged and I made my way down to fetch my car, hoping and praying fervently that the car is still there and that was it.

That 33k was the best thing I've paid for in all my life and what happened just gave me joy and relief anytime I think about it.

This story really touched me....
God bless u abundantly..
God bless & protect u
Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by isey4u(f): 11:47pm On Nov 06, 2022
Had someone came along and helped my mom like you did this man, I won't be an orphan today. God bless you. You saved a life no doubt.

4 Likes

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by MkBaron(m): 11:47pm On Nov 06, 2022
I’m also proud of you .. God bless you

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by TPound(m): 11:49pm On Nov 06, 2022
Centurion101:

This is someone who registered a few days ago, yet he has impacted in the life of a total stranger...
The ones here will be wailing about having nothing their families will eat for that day.
Except make people transfer for them
God bless you OP!!!
Na man you be
Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Centurion101: 11:49pm On Nov 06, 2022
OdefaGirl:

Please Centurion101, don't refuse this gesture. God blessings we pray for you would be coming through men. You are kind and kindness shall you receive Sir.
Thank you and you too ma

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by 3seriez(m): 11:49pm On Nov 06, 2022
We Nigerians just need to change. How do we want change , when we can't even change ourselves. Kudos.

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by seanwilliam(m): 11:50pm On Nov 06, 2022
Samantha123:

shut up jare. If he didn’t upload the pic, are you still not going to complain?

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by seanwilliam(m): 11:54pm On Nov 06, 2022
@ op, thank you so much for this . I’m so happy reading this. If I find myself in similar situations, I will take the risk too but I go still fear o

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Cutehector(m): 11:54pm On Nov 06, 2022
Samantha123:

can you just keep shut
Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Centurion101: 11:56pm On Nov 06, 2022
isey4u:
Had someone came along and helped my mom like you did this man, I won't be an orphan today. God bless you. You saved a life no doubt.
I'm so sorry for your mum,God bless you too sir
Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Centurion101: 11:57pm On Nov 06, 2022
Dabillion:
God bless you bro, you made me shed some few drop of h2o. May you never experience difficulty in anything you put your hands to do, peace&joy will never depart your household. ISE
.amen and you too,may you never find yourself in a position where there is no one to aid you sir,may God be with you and your family.

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Centurion101: 11:57pm On Nov 06, 2022
Dearlord:
God bless you senior man
God bless you abundantly sir
Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Cutehector(m): 11:59pm On Nov 06, 2022
Alot of people were busy binding and casting but one man put his faith into work...

This tells you how much people will miss heaven.. They claim to call God 100times a day but do not do the things the lord told them to do.

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Centurion101: 12:01am On Nov 07, 2022
OdefaGirl:

I understand ma'am,I just don't want to paint a picture that we should expect gifts because we do the minimum we can do as a human being who has a heart and human feelings
Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Drone95(m): 12:07am On Nov 07, 2022
This post reminds me of 2015, when I was knocked down and ran over by a lorry on a bike, cry it was a terrible experience, the lorry ran over my head & my back while I fell face down, it was an untarred road with potholes and stones, i sustained head injuries passers-by couldn't help cos they were scared, blood gushing out from my ears and nose, I hearing voices but I don't knw what's going on cry a good samaritan carried me to the nearest hospital, they rejected me saying they can't take me, I was rushed to another hospital where I Was attended to , brain CT scan was recommended...... cry it's really a sad experience, I recovered after 6months though but I had lost some facial expressions, cos I was diagnosed with multiple skull Fracture with multiple facial nerve damage. All thanks to God, I survived, the man that helped me will always receive help in all his endeavours anywhere he is now

7 Likes

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Centurion101: 12:08am On Nov 07, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Same way I saved 2 guys Iives inside a fiercely burning LT bus at a fatal accident's scene in lagos some years back while passers-by were busy recording videos and taking selfies. One of them had passed out as the dashboard had already collapsed on his limbs
God bless you for this,the thought that people like you actually exist that goes the extra mile to help people is what keeps me focused on doing the bit that I can for people that needs help

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by OdefaGirl(f): 12:09am On Nov 07, 2022
Centurion101:

I understand ma'am,I just don't want to paint a picture that we should expect gifts because we do the minimum we can do as a human being who has a heart and human feelings

You are nice, sensible and has a good heart. May God meet you at the point of your need

2 Likes

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Adeoyelee: 12:10am On Nov 07, 2022
Centurion101:

Nice one bro, We both have some things in common.
I've done this similar thing 2x too, the 1st one I decided to take the victim to a general hospital cos it was a fatal accident & besides I no really get chi chi for hand, but I just believe say I go save life.
The guy later survive but unfortunately he lost his right arm.

But weytin really baffle me about dis accident wey I dey talk about be say, I saw 2 religious people that I knew very well, that normally preach to me regularly & always advice me not to be an atheist at the scene. This religious people & some others were asking me "maybe I know the guy", I said No that I don't know him that we should just try to save the victim's life.

Unfortunately some of this people that were asking this questions brought out their smart phones & started videoing me & the victim while I was screaming for a helping hand to support me.
After like 7mins of screaming, shouting, begging & persuading the people for help majority of this people left without offering any help both the 2 religious people that I said I knew.

Though I won't mention the name of the religion here but my concern & question is
1. Shay na only about heaven & hell fire dem dey preach for mosque & church?
2. Shay na only about tithe, offering & prosperity dem dey preach?
3. Shay dem no dey preach & emphasize about "HUMANITY"?
4. shay dem no dey preach about saving lifes?

Me wey no dey go church, mosque or believe in any religion dey ready to help while people wey dey preach to me about this religion of a thing dey ask foolish questions & dem dey Camara without offering any help

7 Likes

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by MMempire(m): 12:11am On Nov 07, 2022
OP, thanks for saving his life. May the good Lord reward you abundantly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Imo : Man Commits Suicide By Hanging After Incest With Daughter (Photo) / Mechanic Slips Into Coma A Day After His Wedding, Dies 6 Days Later (Photo) / I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.