Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,807 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It (57114 Views)

I Had An Unprotected Sex And I'm Sick / Delta Doctors And Nurses Refuse To Attend To Accident Victim (Disturbing Photos) / Doctor Uses Slippers As A Neck Collar To Save Accident Victim(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by egeoffery: 12:11am On Nov 07, 2022
God won't disappoint you.. Thank you for standing strong with him against all odds.
Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by sans17(m): 12:12am On Nov 07, 2022
Ever since I’ve been reading the verse that says

“He who saves a life, is as though he has saved the whole of mankind “

I’ve never really understood the verse, but this act of kindness and sincerity has done justice to it.

You’ve actually saved the whole of humanity.

I believe that, anyone who reads this piece will always want to save a life no matter what the situation might look like. Invariably, you’ve saved the whole of humanity.

I love you sincerely bro and I pray that the almighty will grant you his greatest gift.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Onyi22(f): 12:12am On Nov 07, 2022
I almost cried after reading this, @op only God will bless you. For this kind gesture you've shown to this stranger, May you never ever lack Help.
God bless you richly. It was just God that sent you to that young man. Thanks alot

3 Likes

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Adeoyelee: 12:13am On Nov 07, 2022
LagbajaTheBEREAN:
Not all heroes wear cape, some wear singlets too.

Cheers man, you're what I called hero and not what I'm being forced to read in historical books or see in the media.

Hmmm... Deep. I think I decode your point

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Centurion101: 12:15am On Nov 07, 2022
Adeoyelee:

Nice one bro, We both have some things in common.
I've done this similar thing 2x too, the 1st one I decided to take the victim to a general hospital cos it was a fatal accident & besides I no really get chi chi for hand, but I just believe say I go save life.
The guy later survive but unfortunately he lost his right arm.

But weytin really baffle me about dis accident wey I dey talk about be say, I saw 2 religious people that I knew very well, that normally preach to me regularly & always advice me not to be an atheist at the scene. This religious people & some others were asking me "maybe I know the guy", I said No that I don't know him that we should just try to save the victim's life.

Unfortunately some of this people that were asking this questions brought out their smart phones & started videoing me & the victim while I was screaming for a helping hand to support me.
After like 7mins of screaming, shouting, begging & persuading the people for help majority of this people left without offering any help both the 2 religious people that I said I knew.

Though I won't mention the name of the religion here but my concern & question is
1. Shay na only about heaven & hell fire dem dey preach for mosque & church?
2. Shay na only about tithe, offering & prosperity dem dey preach?
3. Shay dem no dey preach & emphasize about "HUMANITY"?
4. shay dem no dey preach about saving lifes?

Me wey no dey go church, mosque or believe in any religion dey ready to help while people wey dey preach to me about this religion of a thing dey ask foolish questions & dem dey Camara without offering any help
This your story really resonate with me bro, I think most people are like that because of two things, firstly they're scared on putting themselves in that position because they think they could end up a victim themselves,which is true to some extent but totally exaggerated by our people of course.
The second reason is selfishness,they simply do not care enough to go through the trouble. The only thing they're willing to do is say prayers and speak in tongues there but they won't move an inch or even lay a finger on the victim irrespective of whether he or she is dying or not.
Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Aforxzy(f): 12:20am On Nov 07, 2022
You did well. God bless you real good.
Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by begood2GEJ(m): 12:20am On Nov 07, 2022
All I have to say is this; may you never lack help in this life. Personally, I want to thank you. God bless you my brother.

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by nnamdiosu(m): 12:21am On Nov 07, 2022
Centurion101:
We live in a country where there are no emergency services,so all we have is each other.
I'm here with this story today with a sole purpose, please don't ever stop helping people, don't refuse to lend someone a hand if you're in a position to help, I understand that it's difficult to help sometimes In this country because of the baggages that comes with it, for example some people said I should have left him because it wasn't worth the risk that I could go to jail and the police might lie that I killed him if he dies, which is a bit far fetched to me.
Sure I knew if he died the police would have to detain me till they figure out some details,but personally I would happily spend a couple of days in jail if it means giving a human being Thier life back.

I hope if I was ever in that kind of situation someone that values life comes along and help me too

Let me explain a bit of what you've done.
If this guy you saved, married and has kids, and his kids have kids...all that generation, even if they are a billion all owe their thanks to you.

If that man helps people after today, or gives someone a helping hand, or if any of his generation offers help in any way to someone else, they all owe it to you.

God bless you bro.
You saved a generation, thus generational blessings will be yours. Amen

6 Likes

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by abimic(m): 12:23am On Nov 07, 2022
Indeed, Not all heroes wear capes, you are indeed one in a million.

You are an inspiration, only few Nigerians can do what you did, maybe 1 in 100, even me cannot sadly. embarassed embarassed

You deserve a recognition award.

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Carloslehder: 12:24am On Nov 07, 2022
God bless you man
Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Carloslehder: 12:24am On Nov 07, 2022
JuanDeDios:
[b][/b]
Beautiful story. But I still want to give you 10k out of that money. You can drop your number here or DM it. Please. God bless you.
I'll add 5k ,dm me if he reached out to you abeg

2 Likes

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by GorillaApp(m): 12:25am On Nov 07, 2022
Centurion101:

Amen and you too
God bless, reward and uplift U.
. Sometimes I get frightened by the expressions of Nigerians when someone is involved in an accident. They would rather bring out their phones and record while life slowly ebb away from the victim.
It frightens me

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Originalsly: 12:28am On Nov 07, 2022
You did well. It is only natural for a human to try to save the life of another. I really don't understand how people can stand around without helping... and manage to sleep peacefully at nights. Do what you can do and face the consequences if any after. .... peace of mind is priceless. After all the "risks" of being accused ... being locked up .... losing his car to theft ... losing sleep and time that was to be used otherwise.... after all... he is proud of his decision to not even consider the risks and help a total stranger... a fellow human. An inspiring write up.

2 Likes

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Carloslehder: 12:28am On Nov 07, 2022
Don't know if I could he brave enough to carry a dying guy on a bike looking for hospitals in the dead of the night

3 Likes

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Carloslehder: 12:29am On Nov 07, 2022
This made me reflect on my life and I really need to start doing better cos damn, I've never Been this brave and selfless all my life and that's sad
Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Ofadaman(m): 12:38am On Nov 07, 2022
God bless you man,
Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by poseidon12: 12:50am On Nov 07, 2022
Thank you very much for your compassion. May God bless you mightily. You are a good man. It is people like you that deserve national honours.

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by srclark: 12:57am On Nov 07, 2022
Centurion101:
I write this story to encourage people to always help if they are in a position to do so, especially is the situation is dire. What goes around comes around and you might just find yourself in a situation where you Will need help from strangers and hope they help you too.

Days ago I was in my neighborhood in South West running some errands at around 9pm on Sunday when I found myself in a very busy road packed to the brim end to end with cars stuck in a hold up trying to beat the jam to get to Thier respective destinations.

I turned the ignition off since I've already spent like 20minutes without moving an inch, a few seconds later I heard a loud bang it was a speeding bike who wanted to use it's small size to it's advantage to beat the traffic, upon close inspection I realized the bike has Just hit a guy with full force and ran away.

Consequently people came out to check on the guy that was hit,he was unconscious bleeding from the back of his head and face, unfortunately the bike's force banged him right into a very big cement structure that would probably weigh a couple of tons.

Nigerians being Nigerians started praying and speaking in tongues instead of administering aid to the guy, nobody was willing to touch him,there were just shouting and saying he is probably dead and they don't want police to charge them with his death.

At this point I tried to control the crowd to disperse and at least give this guy room to breathe and get some fresh air hoping that might resuscitate him,but there were like 50people gathering there and there is only so much a single person can do.

So realizing no one was willing to help this guy I fought my way through them ruggedly to get to the guy I realized he has a broken leg and arm and he was bleeding heavily but he has a pulse and he is not dead,
I don't know what I was thinking or what power came over me but the fact that he is alive made a difference to me and I said to myself I will take him to the hospital even if I have to carry him on my back and trek there.
I asked a man to help me Carry him, he asked do I know the victim and I answered yes,he is my junior brother.

so they helped me lift him up and I carried him on my back and began to speed, now the next thing was how to get transportation,we are in a hold up and no car is moving, by this point the crowds has dispersed and left me alone to tend to my PROBLEM.

I locked my car , sat the guy close to the side of the road ,I tried to find something that could apply pressure to reduce the bleeding,then it dawned on me that a cloth will do just fine,so I removed my shirt and tied it around his leg where he was bleeding the most.

Like I said earlier the task at hand was how to get transportation to the closest hospital, I began flagging down bikes but none of them stopped out of fear until I literarily ran in front of one forcing him to stop and told him to take me to the next hospital,I was about to start begging him to not let this guy die because of fear when this guy got down from his bike offering to help lift him so we can take him to the hospital,I don't know if it's God that sent him or it was just pure luck but he helped and we put the victim in the middle and started our journey to the hospital.

On the way I checked the guy's pulse and breathing like every second, telling him he's going to live one way or the other because my work will not be in vain. As God will have it he opened his eyes but he was still incoherent and totally out of it ,but at least now his eyes is opened and he is not laying down like a dead man,that kind of gave me an atom of hope.

Moments later we arrived at a private hospital and they were just about to close, apparently they had some issues with the workers that were supposed to cover a night shift, infact there was only one doctor on call and a few nurses around so it was all hands on deck, the victim was stretched in and as per private hospital wahala they demanded card and treatment fee up front, I even begged them to at least priorities the guy's life first but they said no money no treatment,so I paid for card, admission fee and treatment, it was 33,000 naira

After payment the doctor came in with the nurses and started working Thier magic, giving him some injections , cleaning his wounds,they even plugged him up with something that aided his breathing (I don't know what the thing is called).

After a couple of hours around 11:30pm the doctors came out and told me he was stable,that he had some internal bleedings that has Been stopped and he is responding fine to the treatment,they said I can go and see him if I wanted.

I went into the ward and checked up on him,he was heavily medicated and he couldn't really say anything that makes sense,he was just fixated on my face, strolling in and out of consciousness.

I slept in the hospital and the following morning around 8am he was awake and fine ,so I went to see him and when he saw me,he just started crying uncontrollably saying THANK YOU like a hundred times without stopping, this kind of made me a bit emotional because I've not really seen a lot of grown men cry.
He gave me his phone and I contacted his family members and told them what Happened, his mother almost passed out on the call, some minutes later they all rushed into the hospital. I peeked at them through the glass window when they went to his ward,the relief and joy in Thier faces is one of the most beautiful things I've seen in my life.

I left my number with the nurses there and told them to give to the guy when he is discharged and I made my way down to fetch my car, hoping and praying fervently that the car is still there and that was it.

That 33k was the best thing I've paid for in all my life and what happened just gave me joy and relief anytime I think about it.

The guy and his parents calls me like a billion times a day,they even offered to pay me back but I refused, collecting the money back is not worth the joy I got from doing what I did.

Bro next time be careful many have tried to help amd the whole thing backfired and people dont even show appreciation now let me share my own story i and my friend rescued one his car totalled he even misplaced his iphone 13 i. The wreck we got him a cab to rush him to any hospital while we continued to look for his phone it was found under the wreckage we also got his atm card from the wreck we had to check close to 5 hospitals befoere we could locate this guy to return his phone we eventually found him his dad and step mum were already with him , we handed over the phone and exchanged numbers till today those people never called

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Centurion101: 1:00am On Nov 07, 2022
srclark:
Bro next time be careful many have tried to help amd the whole thing backfired and people dont even show appreciation now let me share my own story i and my friend rescued one his car totalled he even misplaced his iphone 13 i. The wreck we got him a cab to rush him to any hospital while we continued to look for his phone it was found under the wreckage we also got his atm card from the wreck we had to check close to 5 hospitals befoere we could locate this guy to return his phone we eventually found him his dad and step mum were already with him , we handed over the phone and exchanged numbers till today those people never called
You're on point and that might change people's perception and make it more difficult for them to help next time,some people are just bad and it is a pity, may God bless you for what you did for him,with his attitude I'd be surprised if he sees such help in the future
Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Vipro(m): 1:01am On Nov 07, 2022
Kudos!
Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by yinkeys(m): 1:02am On Nov 07, 2022
@Centurion101 you are a hero

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Streetmovement(m): 1:04am On Nov 07, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Big ups man
Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Gkemz: 1:12am On Nov 07, 2022
The level of your kindness made be become so sober. You are indeed a good Samaritan. May God mightily reward you and replenish your purse. Your hand will never lack. You did all these without requesting for money while risking your car, not minding police. You deserve a meritorious award.

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by dmangodwin(m): 1:15am On Nov 07, 2022
Nice one ,but don’t be deceived by praises you are getting here.If by tomorrow you try to rescue another person and the story go south ,the same Monica’s shouting hero up and down will insult you to your face.

That’s African mentality for you.

The government and Nigeria police especially make it very risky to offer assistance in situations like this.If the story goes south,the Good Samaritan will be tagged prime suspect just for extortion sake,

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by srclark: 1:20am On Nov 07, 2022
sukkot:
you people are so scared of the police. why would the police arrest him ? its a simple matter of explanation and they would go back to the spot and i am sure there are many witnesses
Bros the next time any NGO you know is visiting the cloest jail to you try as much as possible to go along with them especially when they can interact with the criminals and listen to how their journey to prison started to even say hi to your neigbour will become a nightmare

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by ozoono(m): 1:23am On Nov 07, 2022
Centurion101:
I write this story to encourage people to always help if they are in a position to do so, especially is the situation is dire. What goes around comes around and you might just find yourself in a situation where you Will need help from strangers and hope they help you too.

Days ago I was in my neighborhood in South West running some errands at around 9pm on Sunday when I found myself in a very busy road packed to the brim end to end with cars stuck in a hold up trying to beat the jam to get to Thier respective destinations.

I turned the ignition off since I've already spent like 20minutes without moving an inch, a few seconds later I heard a loud bang it was a speeding bike who wanted to use it's small size to it's advantage to beat the traffic, upon close inspection I realized the bike has Just hit a guy with full force and ran away.

Consequently people came out to check on the guy that was hit,he was unconscious bleeding from the back of his head and face, unfortunately the bike's force banged him right into a very big cement structure that would probably weigh a couple of tons.

Nigerians being Nigerians started praying and speaking in tongues instead of administering aid to the guy, nobody was willing to touch him,there were just shouting and saying he is probably dead and they don't want police to charge them with his death.

At this point I tried to control the crowd to disperse and at least give this guy room to breathe and get some fresh air hoping that might resuscitate him,but there were like 50people gathering there and there is only so much a single person can do.

So realizing no one was willing to help this guy I fought my way through them ruggedly to get to the guy I realized he has a broken leg and arm and he was bleeding heavily but he has a pulse and he is not dead,
I don't know what I was thinking or what power came over me but the fact that he is alive made a difference to me and I said to myself I will take him to the hospital even if I have to carry him on my back and trek there.
I asked a man to help me Carry him, he asked do I know the victim and I answered yes,he is my junior brother.

so they helped me lift him up and I carried him on my back and began to speed, now the next thing was how to get transportation,we are in a hold up and no car is moving, by this point the crowds has dispersed and left me alone to tend to my PROBLEM.

I locked my car , sat the guy close to the side of the road ,I tried to find something that could apply pressure to reduce the bleeding,then it dawned on me that a cloth will do just fine,so I removed my shirt and tied it around his leg where he was bleeding the most.

Like I said earlier the task at hand was how to get transportation to the closest hospital, I began flagging down bikes but none of them stopped out of fear until I literarily ran in front of one forcing him to stop and told him to take me to the next hospital,I was about to start begging him to not let this guy die because of fear when this guy got down from his bike offering to help lift him so we can take him to the hospital,I don't know if it's God that sent him or it was just pure luck but he helped and we put the victim in the middle and started our journey to the hospital.

On the way I checked the guy's pulse and breathing like every second, telling him he's going to live one way or the other because my work will not be in vain. As God will have it he opened his eyes but he was still incoherent and totally out of it ,but at least now his eyes is opened and he is not laying down like a dead man,that kind of gave me an atom of hope.

Moments later we arrived at a private hospital and they were just about to close, apparently they had some issues with the workers that were supposed to cover a night shift, infact there was only one doctor on call and a few nurses around so it was all hands on deck, the victim was stretched in and as per private hospital wahala they demanded card and treatment fee up front, I even begged them to at least priorities the guy's life first but they said no money no treatment,so I paid for card, admission fee and treatment, it was 33,000 naira

After payment the doctor came in with the nurses and started working Thier magic, giving him some injections , cleaning his wounds,they even plugged him up with something that aided his breathing (I don't know what the thing is called).

After a couple of hours around 11:30pm the doctors came out and told me he was stable,that he had some internal bleedings that has Been stopped and he is responding fine to the treatment,they said I can go and see him if I wanted.

I went into the ward and checked up on him,he was heavily medicated and he couldn't really say anything that makes sense,he was just fixated on my face, strolling in and out of consciousness.

I slept in the hospital and the following morning around 8am he was awake and fine ,so I went to see him and when he saw me,he just started crying uncontrollably saying THANK YOU like a hundred times without stopping, this kind of made me a bit emotional because I've not really seen a lot of grown men cry.
He gave me his phone and I contacted his family members and told them what Happened, his mother almost passed out on the call, some minutes later they all rushed into the hospital. I peeked at them through the glass window when they went to his ward,the relief and joy in Thier faces is one of the most beautiful things I've seen in my life.

I left my number with the nurses there and told them to give to the guy when he is discharged and I made my way down to fetch my car, hoping and praying fervently that the car is still there and that was it.

That 33k was the best thing I've paid for in all my life and what happened just gave me joy and relief anytime I think about it.

The guy and his parents calls me like a billion times a day,they even offered to pay me back but I refused, collecting the money back is not worth the joy I got from doing what I did.

Do you no i did same in 2016. D girl told d doctors i jam her. I av to pay for all bills. Last las na she dey beg me now

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Tozocalamity: 1:23am On Nov 07, 2022
op may god bless you for this great act of kindness . U acted courageously like a soldier

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by jamie4u22: 1:32am On Nov 07, 2022
What a good Samaritan you are? You have sown a good seed bro and it is going to germinate. Posterity will never forget you. Keep up the good work bro,later or soonest you shall reap it.

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by Clinghton: 1:52am On Nov 07, 2022
You're the real hero.

Your reward awaits you, which includes long life.

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by TheSameGuy(m): 1:53am On Nov 07, 2022
God bless you OP

Please let always help people in such situation First before thinking about being framed by police.. Nothing as such happens again

1 Like

Re: I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It by abbey621(m): 1:54am On Nov 07, 2022
What would have happened if you didn't have the 33k? What would have happened if the guy gave up after reaching the hospital, we all love a good deed but Nigeria especially Nigerian government and police have turned many good Samaritans into people gripped by fear and regret. Na even hospital staff go call police say you bring dead body come hospital before you know it, you don dey fight for your own freedom.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

'Knockout' Tears Boy’s Hand In Asaba (Very Graphic Photo) / Fire At Enugwu-Ukwu General Hospital Mortuary. 50 Corpses Burnt To Ashes(Graphic / Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.