Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,636 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt (23363 Views)

I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? / Masters Scholarship In The UK Vs N500k Monthly Job In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt by chris51(f): 6:24am On Nov 09, 2022
chris51:
In present Port Harcourt with so much hold up, any money you make from bolt goes on fuel. I'm being honest.

Do your regular job and bolt as side hustle, which you will do at your convenience
Re: 50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt by chris51(f): 6:29am On Nov 09, 2022
Rinoxy:

Say it bro, enlighten us. Infact, empowerment ussss!! Lol. Talk bro.

Bolt takes more than 20% of what you earn as commission.

You buy fuel, you maintain your car. Your well being. In short you are enslaved by bolt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt by chris51(f): 6:29am On Nov 09, 2022
chris51:

You buy fuel, you maintain your car. Your well being. In short you are enslaved by bolt.
Re: 50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt by pipsplus2020: 8:13am On Nov 09, 2022
Dshocker:

Link not connecting or going through

Check my signature
Re: 50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt by zoedew: 8:32am On Nov 09, 2022
Andre603:
I stay in Port Harcourt, I have a job paying me 50k a month. But I also have a good car.
Is it adviceable to quit the job that pays 50k monthly and start doing Bolt?
Bolt away with your time and turn it to cash to create multiple streams of income for yourself. Carwash, Barbing Salon, Contracting e.t.c.
Re: 50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt by Dshocker(m): 9:39am On Nov 09, 2022
pipsplus2020:

Check my signature

It takes me to Google play store for whatsapp
Re: 50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt by wonder233: 10:40am On Nov 09, 2022
Okay let me explain and share my experience: When uber first came to Nigeria, it was quite profitable for the first set of drivers that signed up as at then, due to several factors: the volume of vehicles signing up to drive was low, the commission charged drivers was low and fares charged passengers was high - The passengers didn't mind because it was a novel idea and they loved the experience.
But as with all good things, many people flooded the platform to drive, taxify came in as a competitor, crashed the fares to attract more customers and slightly reduced commission to attract drivers.
Now, the space is so dense, meaning you have to drive twice as hard to make what you would have previously made. The effect is that the car suffers more wear and tear. Note, these sedan cars weren't designed for commercial use, so no matter how perfect their initial state was and how hard you try to maintain them, you still ultimately incur costly maintenance and repair costs. Let me give you an instance: oil change ia typically done on account of time or mileage driven. With rigorous cab driving and a.c always on for customers, you have to frequently do oil change. You know how w much good oil costs, with a.c on almost all day 7days a week, in no time, the engine will croak. And others.. In my own personal experience and those of other drivers I was in contact with, we were just working to take care of our vehicles.
Most of us have stopped the work. We are now doing other things.
But everyday, new people keep signing up to drive beliving its one goldmine. Because of how it was back then. But as they enter, they leave cos there is really nothing in it.
I advise anyone who is contemplating it, not to waste their time. My cousin asked me how was it that he was thinking of doing it, I told him not to bother, he didn't hear, he went ahead. Few months later, he ran out by himself
Rinoxy:

This is discouraging. Pls can u explain further on your bolt experience and the factors responsible?

2 Likes

Re: 50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt by pipsplus2020: 1:16pm On Nov 09, 2022
Dshocker:

It takes me to Google play store for whatsapp

Perhaps you need to update ur Whatsapp
Re: 50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt by Dshocker(m): 1:20pm On Nov 09, 2022
pipsplus2020:

Perhaps you need to update ur Whatsapp

I have updated
Re: 50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt by pipsplus2020: 2:40pm On Nov 09, 2022
Dshocker:

I have updated

Plz PM
Re: 50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt by Rinoxy: 3:40pm On Nov 09, 2022
wonder233:
Okay let me explain and share my experience: When uber first came to Nigeria, it was quite profitable for the first set of drivers that signed up as at then, due to several factors: the volume of vehicles signing up to drive was low, the commission charged drivers was low and fares charged passengers was high - The passengers didn't mind because it was a novel idea and they loved the experience.
But as with all good things, many people flooded the platform to drive, taxify came in as a competitor, crashed the fares to attract more customers and slightly reduced commission to attract drivers.
Now, the space is so dense, meaning you have to drive twice as hard to make what you would have previously made. The effect is that the car suffers more wear and tear. Note, these sedan cars weren't designed for commercial use, so no matter how perfect their initial state was and how hard you try to maintain them, you still ultimately incur costly maintenance and repair costs. Let me give you an instance: oil change ia typically done on account of time or mileage driven. With rigorous cab driving and a.c always on for customers, you have to frequently do oil change. You know how w much good oil costs, with a.c on almost all day 7days a week, in no time, the engine will croak. And others.. In my own personal experience and those of other drivers I was in contact with, we were just working to take care of our vehicles.
Most of us have stopped the work. We are now doing other things.
But everyday, new people keep signing up to drive beliving its one goldmine. Because of how it was back then. But as they enter, they leave cos there is really nothing in it.
I advise anyone who is contemplating it, not to waste their time. My cousin asked me how was it that he was thinking of doing it, I told him not to bother, he didn't hear, he went ahead. Few months later, he ran out by himself
Wow! This is highly informative. Thanks a bunch.

4 Likes

Re: 50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt by Rinoxy: 3:41pm On Nov 09, 2022
chris51:

Hmm. Tnx for your input.
Re: 50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt by Hisexcellency22: 7:34am On Nov 10, 2022
Bolt is better because only Friday, Saturday and Sunday in Abuja gives me 80k

1 Like

Re: 50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt by nairacitizen(m): 2:41pm On Nov 12, 2022
Could please show me the business 09026598978
pipsplus2020:
50k a month is below 2k daily. You will earn more driving bolt. Since it's your car, I suggest you hustle hard, get another car or possibly start up your own business.

However, I can show you a business that will earn you much more while you still do bolt ride at your own time
Re: 50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt by nairacitizen(m): 2:42pm On Nov 12, 2022
I am a driver and I have done bolt in PH we can discuss terms I would do the driving.
Re: 50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt by pipsplus2020: 4:02pm On Nov 13, 2022
nairacitizen:
Could please show me the business 09026598978

Okay
Re: 50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt by Rinoxy: 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2022
Hisexcellency22:
Bolt is better because only Friday, Saturday and Sunday in Abuja gives me 80k
It's a known fact that bolt driving in the FCT pays well.

1 Like

Re: 50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt by Rinoxy: 7:08pm On Nov 21, 2022
Hello guys, pls check my thread and give your input. Thanks.
https://www.nairaland.com/7435447/honest-user-advice-peugeot-307
Re: 50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt by kayyk(m): 4:05pm On Nov 23, 2022
Please I’ll work diligently, here’s much contact 08168852918. Thanks
motionarena:
I can show you d way to be a big baller and spending cash on women.
Re: 50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt by kayyk(m): 11:27am On Jan 16, 2023
Hello boss
motionarena:
I can show you d way to be a big baller and spending cash on women.
Re: 50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt by motionarena: 11:38am On Jan 16, 2023
kayyk:
Hello boss
Yes bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Salary of Federal Hospital Interns In Nigeria? / How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? / Have A Look At The Top 5 Nigerians In ICT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.