Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,950 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory (2581 Views)

Your Phone Is Too Slow? It's Okay itel P36 Pro Is Here. / How To Check If Your Iphone Is New Or Refurbished / 4 Things You Probably Do Not Realise Your Iphone Is Tracking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by henrygold100: 7:06am On Nov 07, 2022
The memory is 128gb. I taught it’s full ooo, but to my greatest surprise, I only used 64gb When I checked. So I don’t know why the sudden lag in my phone. It’s lags almost everytime now.

Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 07, 2022
Once a new iphone is shipped out, the old iphones becomes slow.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by Manna4Gurls: 7:47am On Nov 07, 2022
What model is that?
Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by pstemma1990: 8:58am On Nov 07, 2022
Okonandmary:
Once a new iphone is shipped out, the old iphones becomes slow.

1 Like

Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by HarlequinLekex: 9:12am On Nov 07, 2022
That's why iphone is a no no for me.
Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by Depressed101: 10:20am On Nov 07, 2022
Omo same problem with me here.. And there's no feature to see ram performance or even clear cache or app cache... Very stupid phone
Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by tecnolad(m): 10:57am On Nov 07, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
That's why iphone is a no no for me.

You would know that it's an old iPhone, if you were familiar with iPhones and you saw that picture.

OP's phone is at least 5 years old. Any Android device from 5 years ago would stutter at some point.

3 Likes

Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by tecnolad(m): 11:00am On Nov 07, 2022
Depressed101:
Omo same problem with me here.. And there's no feature to see ram performance or even clear cache or app cache... Very stupid phone

OP's phone is old. It's inevitable that it slows down at some point. That phone is at least as old as the Samsung Galaxy S8.

Try using an S8 this much and you'd see that it would have a similar result.

1 Like

Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by Kiddogarcia(m): 11:45am On Nov 07, 2022
Ok,buy another phone if you are not pleased with that.

Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement tho
Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 07, 2022
Your iPhone has a factory problem.Analysts have once accused iPhone of programming their old device to malfunction anytime they introduce a new iPhone into the market.
Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 07, 2022
Depressed101:
Overrated.

1 Like

Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 07, 2022
tecnolad:

You would know that it's an old iPhone, if you were familiar with iPhones and you saw that picture.

OP's phone is at least 5 years old. Any Android device from 5 years ago would stutter at some point.
A factory reset will restore an old android phone that misbehaves back to normal.

1 Like

Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by tecnolad(m): 12:02pm On Nov 07, 2022
Revolution2022:
A factory reset will restore an old android phone that misbehaves back to normal.

Guess what? A hard reboot will help a misbehaving iPhone.

OP needs to press the power button until phone turns off, and comes back on. Then he should leave the power button when he sees the Apple logo.
Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by NotBeenPaid: 12:04pm On Nov 07, 2022

You're low on RAM internals. An app(Instagram or Facebook) is eating up your RAM. Not sure if you got any of these applications installed but an application is responsible for the lag.

Download "CPU-Z" from App Store to check how much available RAM you've got left and what speed your processor runs at(below 70% is okay).

Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by henrygold100: 10:11am On Nov 08, 2022
Manna4Gurls:
What model is that?
iPhone 6s
Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by henrygold100: 1:33pm On Nov 08, 2022
Depressed101:
my own is even switching off and in more often. I don't just know what the problem is.
Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by henrygold100: 1:42pm On Nov 08, 2022
NotBeenPaid:

You're low on RAM internals. An app(Instagram or Facebook) is eating up your RAM. Not sure if you got any of these applications installed but an application is responsible for the lag.

Download "CPU-Z" from App Store to check how much available RAM you've got left and what speed your processor runs at(below 70% is okay).

I will try that. The phone recently started to switch on and off more often this days. In fact every minute now
Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by henrygold100: 1:43pm On Nov 08, 2022
Revolution2022:
Your iPhone has a factory problem.Analysts have once accused iPhone of programming their old device to malfunction anytime they introduce a new iPhone into the market.
. The phone recently started to switch on and off more often this days. In fact every minute now
Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by henrygold100: 1:45pm On Nov 08, 2022
tecnolad:

OP's phone is old. It's inevitable that it slows down at some point. That phone is at least as old as the Samsung Galaxy S8.

Try using an S8 this much and you'd see that it would have a similar result.
I will try that. The phone recently started to switch on and off more often this days. In fact every minute now
Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by tecnolad(m): 2:20pm On Nov 08, 2022
henrygold100:

That's not normal. I think something is wrong with its logic board, or maybe an OS malfunction is causing that.

You should have an engineer look at it.
Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by tecnolad(m): 10:32pm On Nov 08, 2022
henrygold100:
iPhone 6s

The phone is like 7 years old. It won't do much in 2022; e don try.
Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by henrygold100: 5:35am On Nov 09, 2022
tecnolad:

That's not normal. I think something is wrong with its logic board, or maybe an OS malfunction is causing that.

that's my problem. Where to get a good engineer
Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by Rareoil(m): 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2022
henrygold100:
that's my problem. Where to get a good engineer

Your phone is ok it is just Old iPhone 6s has 2gb ram , only thing to do is to delete apps that use ram more like Instagram, Facebook
Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by henrygold100: 7:23pm On Nov 09, 2022
Rareoil:

Your phone is ok it is just Old iPhone 6s has 2gb ram , only thing to do is to delete apps that use ram more like Instagram, Facebook
will the catche delete too.
Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by henrygold100: 9:50pm On Nov 10, 2022
tecnolad:

I just noticed that if it’s charging, it won’t do all those things. Even lagging. But once you remove it from charging it’s starts misbehaving again
Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by mychelyte(m): 5:42am On Nov 11, 2022
check the battery concerning the on and off,but mind you..software malfunction too can make it do that,what you have to do is to take it to an engineer with perfect software files,so he'll reload it.
it is what I do but I don't know where you are,I'm in Lagos, around Ijegun-Ikotun
0/eight zero/61 six three/08/06
Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by Emmyblessed1: 6:10am On Nov 11, 2022
henrygold100:
I just noticed that if it’s charging, it won’t do all those things. Even lagging. But once you remove it from charging it’s starts misbehaving again
It might be a battery issue
Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by Parachoko: 7:08am On Nov 11, 2022
henrygold100:
The memory is 128gb. I taught it’s full ooo, but to my greatest surprise, I only used 64gb When I checked. So I don’t know why the sudden lag in my phone. It’s lags almost everytime now.
You must be using an iPhone that is old

Upgrade.
Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by henrygold100: 10:44am On Nov 12, 2022
Emmyblessed1:

i guessed right ooo.
Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by henrygold100: 10:46am On Nov 12, 2022
Emmyblessed1:

see what I noticed recently. Maybe the battery inside have spoiled and becoming bigger. That's the screen is opening small small

Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by johnyace(m): 3:34pm On Nov 12, 2022
henrygold100:
see what I noticed recently. Maybe the battery inside have spoiled and becoming bigger. That's the screen is opening small small
JUST GIVE ME THE PHONE NA grin
henrygold100:
JUST GIVE ME THE PHONE NA
Re: My Iphone Is Becoming Too Slow, I Have Only Used Half Memory by mychelyte(m): 8:45pm On Nov 13, 2022
henrygold100:
na the battery,if u don't change it soon,it could break the screen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sagem My700x Modem Driver / Glo 2011 Xmas Promo / How To Recover Deleted/lost Video From Iphone 6 Plus/6/5s/5/4s/4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.