Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV (29471 Views)

Tinubu Supporters Asked Court To Stop Obidients Oct Rally In Lagos / 130,000 People Unfollow Mbaka After Peter Obi Statement / Peter Obi's Supporters Unfollow, Block PDP On Twitter, Threaten Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV by emezuo17: 1:12pm On Nov 07, 2022
Ireportlive:
cool

Ibo man owns Arise TV and This day newspaper

A Port Harcourt Troll is asking Ibos to boycott their own media house

I am loving this ...

AIT, Channels and TVC won't grant Obi audience, AriseTV owned by his own kinsmen is being dragged

. Channels grants Obi and Labour party enough audience, say something else, even AIT has granted a lot of Labour party spoke person audience, go and verify.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV by azikiweironsi(m): 1:12pm On Nov 07, 2022
casualobserver:

It has started to dawn upon the few intelligent ones among them that 1) Obi is an empty head and he cannot win. Ofcourse they wo t come out and say so but you can see they are realizing he is not the answer. This is what happens when you attend too many events and talk too much and create hype without substance and start to believe your own hype, instead of respecting yourself and let the hype do your work for you, you start to hug the limelight talking too much showing your emptiness.
See the post below by hundeyin one of Obis greatest supporters. It is clear he has more or less given up. He either now realizes Obi is not the answer or he now realizes he can’t win.

True talk.
I can't agree less.
Re: Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV by WowSweetGuy(m): 2:11pm On Nov 07, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Motivational speakers don carry this one go where e no know o.. lolz.
Keep reciting your words of affirmation till reality hits you in the face.
Ok na

I believe u r not Obidient

Make we face the reality

I only wish u can explain to me why u have hatred for igbos
Re: Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV by olumide4christ: 2:12pm On Nov 07, 2022
casualobserver:
Now you amateurs understand why Tinubu doesn’t attend these debates. You only attend events that will benefit you. Not every interview, debate or town hall meeting you will be accepting. If you are not going to gain anything by attending then don’t attend. I repeat what I said in a previous thread, it is better for people to speculate you are a fool than to give them the opportunity to confirm you are indeed a fool! It is better to be quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and be confirmed a fool. Every time you attend an event or open your mouth to talk it must enhance your electoral chances or you stay away and shut up!!!!

Part of Obis problem is that each time he attends an interview or townhall meeting or debate, he damages himself. He has reached the point of diminishing returns, People now realize the hype is more than the content. The Euphoria of mr clean, mr I left money, I have 2 shoes etc has worn off. Now people want to know your plans and ideas but he has none. He would be better served to be less visible and ride on the Euphoria!!! Not all publicity is good publicity!!! Every public function or debate he attends now is showing him off as having no substance. Even his fans are realizing this which is why Hundeyin is saying he shouldn’t have attended. Ofcourse he won’t say it’s because he didn’t show substance, he will say it was biased but deep down he knows Obi did not have a good showing because he has no substance!!!

It just shows Obi has poor judgement and has poor handlers and is not ready to be president!!! Virtually every media event debate or interview Obi has attended or granted, he has embarrassed himself or shown he is not up to the task. From not understanding climate change, to not knowing the difference between monetary and fiscal policy, to not understanding how to address tech, to saying trust me when asked how he will tackle security, to shouting at Dino is an unpresidential manner yesterday….every time he opens his mouth nowadays he makes a fool of himself.

You are not in the race to benefit your opponents, to increase the ratings of a tv station or to give anybody clout. You are in the race to win, so if a debate, interview or attendance at any event will not benefit or Enhance your chances……stay away! Simple!!!!

If you do t understand this simple concept you are not ready to be president as clearly you don’t have the strategic mindset for the job of president!!! If you cannot control your own narrative, your own agenda, you don’t have the wherewithal to be president!!!!

If you cannot see the obvious trap in attending a debate hosted by a PDP organization, one needs to wonder how low your IQ is. Tinubu wouldn’t fall for such an obvious trap!!!! Arise is owned by Nduka a well known PDP man, Abati is a well known PDP man, I mean how daft are Obi and his team? What did they expect?

Very sound and matured write up!

You are a politically smart and wise man!
Re: Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV by shortIGBOman: 2:15pm On Nov 07, 2022
broadman20:

You are changing dollar from 218 to almost 1000 naira.

You are paying for patrol for almost 250 Naira from 86 Naira.

You are paying for gas for 800 from 300 naira.

Still you are willing to destroy yourself more with the party that has put you in this mess.

I sincerely believe that you need to be giving 24 Strokes of Koboko by little children in your area to reset your brain because this thing is not ordinary.

It is your IGBO Brother, CBN Governor's fault. Blame Emefele for his incompetence.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV by ba7man(m): 2:52pm On Nov 07, 2022
broadman20:

You are changing dollar from 218 to almost 1000 naira.

You are paying for patrol for almost 250 Naira from 86 Naira.

You are paying for gas for 800 from 300 naira.

Still you are willing to destroy yourself more with the party that has put you in this mess.

I sincerely believe that you need to be giving 24 Strokes of Koboko by little children in your area to reset your brain because this thing is not ordinary.
Leave dollar for Yankee people....... Abi we dey spend Dollars for Naija??

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV by shegz24(m): 2:57pm On Nov 07, 2022
grin cheesy
inoki247:
cheesy grin cheesy Best TV station don run turn wetin dem don run hate.....

Las Las na Radio Biafra dem go tell dere lord to dey go du interview since dey don't want him to be questioned whenever he makes himself available....

Nobody kuku force him go interview na u say na part of strategy to win so u mus be ready for any type of question that hit u.....

Maybe they should petition NBC and Twitter to ban them.....

Imagine people been intimidated with ordinary Like and share on NL and opening thread up nd down to say dey are Bot....

grin cheesy
Re: Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV by Kingbeewillsee(m): 3:07pm On Nov 07, 2022
JosephXavier:
For a tv station that rose to prominence because of its involvement in political discussion to play a blind eye to the excesses of one of its main presenters is detestable and ludicrous

How does the tv allow its staff to always appear to promote a candidate and talk down at the other at any given opportunity this concealable

They have allowed excesses of Reuben Abati for a very long time

If Arise tv can't maintain its neutrality as a tv station, then it is not better than NTA and AIT
God saved Tinubu if He had gone there Dino go ask him "how are you going to feed 50 million youth with Agbado" grin
Re: Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV by DIVAD2000: 3:30pm On Nov 07, 2022
olumide4christ:

Very sound and matured write up!

You are a politically smart and wise man!

But how will Tinubu run a transparent government, when he is not answerable to the people ( I mean the public answering direct questions and giving straightforward plans not manifestos).

You once claim in one of your post that you acknowledged the Buhari government was bad. But you are voting Tinubu because of his person. Now that Tinubu is exhibiting the same traits as Buhari, what makes you think his government is safe?

( I'm asking this question, because you're the first sensible Apc member I've seen on nairaland)
Re: Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV by asanausana91: 4:22pm On Nov 07, 2022
JosephXavier:
For a tv station that rose to prominence because of its involvement in political discussion to play a blind eye to the excesses of one of its main presenters is detestable and ludicrous

How does the tv allow its staff to always appear to promote a candidate and talk down at the other at any given opportunity this concealable

They have allowed excesses of Reuben Abati for a very long time

If Arise tv can't maintain its neutrality as a tv station, then it is not better than NTA and AIT
Go to radio biafra where they will always say what Obi order them to say.
Re: Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV by asanausana91: 4:26pm On Nov 07, 2022
socialmediaman:
Peter Obi supporters are giving critics sleepless nights!

Peter Obi and Kwankwaso could as well have gained more followers by their appearance on TV.

That’s how publicity works
not with the childish reaction that Obi demonstrated yesterday. Okowa was the best among all of them
Re: Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV by asanausana91: 4:31pm On Nov 07, 2022
Cantonese:

What do you like know, except your satisfaction with hardship, misery and poverty imposed by the slave masters, in the name of APC.

Wake up and live.
Peter Obi was governor for 8 years but his people are busy running out of Anambara. Why?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV by olumide4christ: 5:35pm On Nov 07, 2022
DIVAD2000:

But how will Tinubu run a transparent government, when he is not answerable to the people ( I mean the public answering direct questions and giving straightforward plans not manifestos).

You once claim in one of your post that you acknowledged the Buhari government was bad. But you are voting Tinubu because of his person. Now that Tinubu is exhibiting the same traits as Buhari, what makes you think his government is safe?

( I'm asking this question, because you're the first sensible Apc member I've seen on nairaland)

How is Tinubu not answerable to the people? Is it because he hasn't granted Arise TV interviews or town hall meetings? Didn't you see what happened to our beloved Saint Peter Obi yesterday at Arise TV yesterday?
I guess Tinubu has avoided Arise TV because of such incidents... that's the power of foresight.

Meanwhile, Tinubu has been strategically dialoguing with people and groups that he believes will make an impact on the election results...what any erudite politician would do. He has met with the who is who in the Kano business world 2 weeks ago, met with the who is who in Lagos business world last week through LCCI last week; today, he is meeting with farmers in Niger state... check the APC campaign schedule...he has so many meetings with strategic groups and associations outlined for the campaign trail, besides visiting each state for campaign rallies. In all these meetings, he has presented his plans and manifestoes...at least I watched the Kano business summit live for quite a while.

I believe that at the end of the campaign, everyone (groups and people) who are interested in hearing from him would have done so.

That's political strategy...not just showing up at every interview and town hall organized by every Dick and Harry, as Peter Obi has been doing.

I rest my case. Let everyone vote his choice.

Mind you, the last time I voted in an election was 2011...and then, I only voted in the governorship election in my state for Ibikunle Amosun....never voted in the Presidential election.

2023 will be the first election in which I will be voting in the presidential election. I'm doing so based on the candidate's antecedents, nothing else.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV by broadman20: 6:36pm On Nov 07, 2022
shortIGBOman:

It is your IGBO Brother, CBN Governor's fault. Blame Emefele for his incompetence.

The mumu president is a fool ABI?

To leave an incompetent person in position means you are a very foolish leader like Buhari or Tinubu.

You even have the mouth to talk this nonsense.

No wonder they said supporting APC makes you look stupid.
Re: Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV by Kingspin(m): 6:40pm On Nov 07, 2022
Ireportlive:
cool

I am loving this ...

AIT, Channels and TVC won't grant Obi audience, AriseTV owned by his own kinsmen is being dragged

Everything is tribal.
No wonder Nigeria refused to have peace.
Re: Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV by Kingspin(m): 6:41pm On Nov 07, 2022
Daviddson:
Emotional manipulations. The same Arise TV you people have been worshipping since has suddenly become a pariah. I'm ashamed of Obi supporters—it's always about insults, emotional manipulations and all of the other yeye stuff to make everybody worship their messiah. Alas, it's doing the opposite.
What is your point?
Because they support Arise, they cannot call them OUT? You think everything is politics.
Both APC, LP, NNPP, PDP, and the media, everybody should behave well.
Re: Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV by Afamed: 6:46pm On Nov 07, 2022
Na their ways.
Re: Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV by DIVAD2000: 6:47pm On Nov 07, 2022
olumide4christ:

How is Tinubu not answerable to the people? Is it because he hasn't granted Arise TV interviews or town hall meetings? Didn't you see what happened to our beloved Saint Peter Obi yesterday at Arise TV yesterday?
I guess Tinubu has avoided Arise TV because of such incidents... that's the power of foresight.

Meanwhile, Tinubu has been strategically dialoguing with people and groups that he believes will make an impact on the election results...what any erudite politician would do. He has met with the who is who in the Kano business world 2 weeks ago, met with the who is who in Lagos business world last week through LCCI last week; today, he is meeting with farmers in Niger state... check the APC campaign schedule...he has so many meetings with strategic groups and associations outlined for the campaign trail, besides visiting each state for campaign rallies. In all these meetings, he has presented his plans and manifestoes...at least I watched the Kano business summit live for quite a while.

I believe that at the end of the campaign, everyone (groups and people) who are interested in hearing from him would have done so.

That's political strategy...not just showing up at every interview and town hall organized by every Dick and Harry, as Peter Obi has been doing.

I rest my case. Let everyone vote his choice.

Mind you, the last time I voted in an election was 2011...and then, I only voted in the governorship election in my state for Ibikunle Amosun....never voted in the Presidential election.

2023 will be the first election in which I will be voting in the presidential election. I'm doing so based on the candidate's antecedents, nothing else.

Hmmm it's interesting I'm seeing the first sensible Apc supporter.

It's nice seeing your views.

But remember "your choice" can affect everyone else.
Re: Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV by olumide4christ: 7:06pm On Nov 07, 2022
DIVAD2000:

Hmmm it's interesting I'm seeing the first sensible Apc supporter.

It's nice seeing your views.

But remember "your choice" can affect everyone else.

Thanks sir for your comments. As per my choice, we are all entitled to our choices...it's a God-given gift. We should only ensure we do what our conscience and the spirit of God in us approves of.
Elections is a game of numbers...the majority carries the day.

My choice cannot affect others. See, my future and that of my family is secured in God... irrespective of whether I vote or not, or whom I vote for, or who becomes the president of Nigeria next year.

Like I told you before, the last time I voted was 2011..I didn't vote for Buhari or Jonathan...yet I can tell you that since 2011 till date, my life and family has progressed, irrespective of who has been in power. Infact, it was in 2018 that I landed my biggest project so far, despite the fact that Buhari and Emefiele have rubbished the economy.

What I am saying is that if a lot of Nigerians will for once just vote their choice but not put their hopes on Nigerian politicians as the only reason why their lives will move forward, but rather trust in God alone and not any politician, they will see progress in their lives even if dollar becomes N2,000 to $1.

My 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV by shortIGBOman: 8:19pm On Nov 07, 2022
broadman20:

The mumu president is a fool ABI?

To leave an incompetent person in position means you are a very foolish leader like Buhari or Tinubu.

You even have the mouth to talk this nonsense.

No wonder they said supporting APC makes you look stupid.

If our dear President sack the IGBO CBN Governor, na una go dey wail upandan. grin grin

Re: Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV by hollywater: 8:22pm On Nov 07, 2022
Ireportlive:
cool

I am loving this ...

So all of a sudden, a South south Man(Agbor)is now an Igbo Man right? You are tired of separating us?
Re: Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 9:02pm On Nov 07, 2022
Honourable1901:
But I thought arise tv was thier lord and messiah mouth piece . This irresponsible people will not smell power, they are more tyrant than buhari
We are no tyrants, we tell the truth to your face.

We don't live in self denial..
We like and unlike when necessary... Tnx
Re: Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 9:03pm On Nov 07, 2022
shortIGBOman:

If our dear President sack the IGBO CBN Governor, na una go dey wail upandan. grin grin
Jonkie.. Emefiele is not an ibo man.
Re: Peter Obi's Supporters Asked To Unfollow Arise TV by broadman20: 2:01pm On Nov 08, 2022
shortIGBOman:

You sound so stupid no wonder you support old sick people to be in government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Four Things Trump And Buhari Have In Common -- BBC / Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate / APC Members Hold Walk For Tinubu And Other APC Candidates In Kwara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.