Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k (44459 Views)

Which Country Will You Like To Come From If Given Another Chance To Be Born? / Which Country Will You Not Go To Even If Given Residence Permit? / Japa: Don't Insult Nigeria If You Fall Under These Kind Of People (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 4:21pm On Nov 15, 2022
IreneJane:

As home guy , $40k to stay naija for now will be ok . The money will invested in my business and I don't need to knacking here and there looking for documents for PR. I can be going a week conference, 2 weeks holiday when my business boom. Abroad no easy bro , except there is a secure job waiting for me there.

Of course, if you are a solid frugal guy with solid plans. But for most people, that $40k will quickly disappear in show off and enjoyment

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by OdefaGirl(f): 4:23pm On Nov 15, 2022
sukkot:
i can mention them because they were near my house

I'm sure, you've gotten the point shaa
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2022
Af0nja:

Poor mentality. No enterprising spirit.

The truth is, for most Nigerians, that $40k will quickly disappear into show off and enjoyment and big funerals/marriages, and they'd be quickly back exactly where they were!
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2022
ayoncox:
This particular one could have put me in trouble because I prayed, and seeked for cousels as regards the agreements to be filled and signed
Oh, ok
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Ashirioluwa: 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2022
PoliteActivist:

You can go ANYWHERE. There are sanctuary cities where you can get licenses and work just like anybody though you are "illegal"
There's a reason Olunloyo is O-LUNATIC-loyo

Ok papi but I still don’t get the reason for this your question because you already have the answer to it
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Af0nja: 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2022
PoliteActivist:

The truth is, for most Nigerians, that $40k will quickly disappear into show off and enjoyment and big funerals/marriages, and they'd be quickly back exactly where they were!

You're too polite to think this way.
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2022
fkj950ax:

People living outside Nigeria do so for many reasons and not because of money only. Better lifestyle. Stability. Free education for children. Access to quality passport or citizenship that provides greater opportunity in future.
And $40k is not a big deal in the US. That’s what you can earn in 6-8mths.

$40k converted to NGN only makes you appear privileged, but you will still endure the generators and area boys and bad roads and insecurity and substandard lifestyle and over priced lousy education and so many other nonsense.

Not only that, for MOST Nigerians that $40k will quickly disappear into show off, big funerals/marriages, "enjoyment", etc, and they'd be quickly back exactly where they were!

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 4:37pm On Nov 15, 2022
Af0nja:

You're too polite to think this way.

It is the TRUTH.
A typical Nigerian who suddenly comes into $40k will NEVER quietly work hard with it, knowing it is not that big. They'd instead immediately become "big boy" till they go broke!

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by acevic: 4:38pm On Nov 15, 2022
How much be $40k ?
God Abeg poverty no good oo!

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by lesson44: 4:39pm On Nov 15, 2022
PoliteActivist:

This tells me you have limited experience.
It is far better to enter with $1k and no papers than stay in Naija with $40k:
Take the $1k, enter UK, US, Canada, ask for asylum. Play your cards right. Before long you'll have your papers. Guaranteed

As for the $40k. Depends on your circumstances abroad. There are Nigerians in US, UK, etc who'll happily go back home given $10k
They might go home but they will start to question that decision in less that 6 months of their Return.
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 4:40pm On Nov 15, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

Ok papi but I still don’t get the reason for this your question because you already have the answer to it

We learn constantly. It may turn out you are wrong!
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 4:41pm On Nov 15, 2022
lesson44:

They might go home but they will start to question that decision in less that 6 months of their Return.

It depends. Some never look back.
Even some Americans who relocated to Africa surprisingly say years later it was a great decision
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Theoarhics: 4:45pm On Nov 15, 2022
To do what na? To come and buy garri abi agbado?
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 4:46pm On Nov 15, 2022
acevic:
How much be $40k ?
God Abeg poverty no good oo!

40k is quite a sizable amount in Nigeria if you work with it wisely, and don't become "big boy"
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by AkhereOkaka(m): 4:48pm On Nov 15, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Take the $1k, enter UK, US, Canada, ask for asylum. Play your cards right. Before long you'll have your papers. Guaranteed

As for the $40k. Depends on your circumstances abroad. There are Nigerians in US, UK, etc who'll happily go back home given $10k

Do you know how the asylum process work? Sometimes people come online to say what they know little or nothing about.

I won't advise anyone to seek asylum, though I currently lives in Milan Italy, have a friend who migrated to UK six years ago seeked asylum and currently his asylum has be rejected including appeal. Passing the asylum route is not advisable anywhere.

We rise by lifting others
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by AkhereOkaka(m): 4:55pm On Nov 15, 2022
sukkot:
bro you are living in fantasy land. go to germany you will see millions of african aduros seeking political asylum. after they frustrate you for 10 years while making you live inside camps, after 10 years you will be the one begging them to deport you home. i used to visit aduro camps in aachen bonn back in the day because i knew a few people there back in the day. you will live in makeshift camps with turks etc. this man you are the typical naija man wey go open mouth like say life dey very easyyyyyyyyyyy and rossyyyyyyyyyyy once you enter europe cheesy cheesy cheesy

God bless you, for this information. I live in Milan Italy. Have a friend in Northern Italy he's been in the Asylum route for 7years asylum declined including appeal. And when you're not documented (have your papers) you can't work, rent apartment n access to medical and other benefit.

Asylum route is not advisable.
Alot of Nigerians are suffering in Asylum camps in Europe and stock.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 4:55pm On Nov 15, 2022
drakeli:
Since we’re not talking about criminals and mentally ill persons. Those will accept any deal. No sane able body Nigeria would leave the US for $10k. You better come with something worth it. Even if he’s homeless, so far he’s not sick in the head, he won’t accept that. He knows there’s better life ahead. US is not Europe. Things always get better for anyone that’s determined

But the OP did not exclude them. Besides, remember even some Americans who relocated to Africa surprisingly say years later it was a great decision - and no one gave then shi shi to relocate
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by sukkot: 4:55pm On Nov 15, 2022
OdefaGirl:

I'm sure, you've gotten the point shaa
you make no points. i have been in nigeria for 3 years and i am very safe. no incidents. of course i would not go to the east or the north or ogun state ( ritualists lol ) cheesy cheesy
but then again i am sure you would not step into the ghettos of america and europe. the world is a ghetto. just find your little safe space

2 Likes

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by babaowambe: 4:55pm On Nov 15, 2022
sukkot:
i lived in the state of Illinois for 10 years. thats still in america the last time i checked. Chicago to be exact. went to the same school jagaban went to
so what's the point?
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by sukkot: 4:57pm On Nov 15, 2022
babaowambe:
so what's the point?
what points do you need from me ? do tell. i am all ears and ready to engage wink
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by sukkot: 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2022
AkhereOkaka:

God bless you, for this information. I live in Milan Italy. Have a friend in Northern Italy he's been in the Asylum route for 7years asylum declined including appeal. And when you're not documented (have your papers) you can't work, rent apartment n access to medical and other benefit.

Asylum route is not advisable.
Alot of Nigerians are suffering in Asylum camps in Europe and stock.

you have said it all brother. nothing needs to be added. salute

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by AkhereOkaka(m): 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Bros, remember part of the criteria is that you CHOOSE where to go with the $1k.
If you know what you are doing and where to go, it is much, much, much, better to leave Naija with $1k and no papers, than stay in Naija with $40k.
Check out this video below

Are you this deluded, live in Europe without papers, I can talk of Europe cause I have been living and working in Italy since 2016, came back from Nigeria 3weeks ago, though things are tough in Nigeria currently (I mean cost of living) but it worse off living in Europe undocumented (without papers.

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by hopefullight: 5:03pm On Nov 15, 2022
If you are illegal or low income earner with no potentials, over 45+ ..take the 40k and go back home.

I love in Germany and save more than 2k monthly as a tech guy, 40k is too small for me cos I can save it less than 2 years here. Although I plan to switch to Finance and make more money....but 40k is too small for an established person here.

So it depends on your status here.

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 5:09pm On Nov 15, 2022
AkhereOkaka:

Do you know how the asylum process work? Sometimes people come online to say what they know little or nothing about.

I won't advise anyone to seek asylum, though I currently lives in Milan Italy, have a friend who migrated to UK six years ago seeked asylum and currently his asylum has be rejected including appeal. Passing the asylum route is not advisable anywhere.

Yes, there is how the asylum process is supposed to work.
But some places will do anything to have you stay once you are there, including paying you. The asylum process becomes a formality
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by usagee36: 5:15pm On Nov 15, 2022
That's not true. I will never even visit Nigeria for free $10k.
PoliteActivist:

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 5:15pm On Nov 15, 2022
AkhereOkaka:

Are you this deluded, live in Europe without papers, I can talk of Europe cause I have been living and working in Italy since 2016, came back from Nigeria 3weeks ago, though things are tough in Nigeria currently (I mean cost of living) but it worse off living in Europe undocumented (without papers.

You CHOOSE where to go. Europe is not the only place in the world. These people below keep trooping to the border year after year, why di they pay so much money to coyotes to smuggle them, why would do anything to enter US, and would do anything to return if ever deported

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jwNNnOr-1U
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by bepositive11: 5:18pm On Nov 15, 2022
sukkot:
and in your shortsight you dont understand that even people in canada esecially with your status as a refugee never have money. taxation is high and even thos earning 100k per annum cant save. people have lived and worked in canada for 20 years and cant show you 20 thousand dollars cash. so whats the point ? a wise man would collect the 40k. buy a house 25 million naira. put 10 million into business and use 5 million to travel and enjoy the world but he still has a home to return to. you will be in america with your status for 20 years you will still be renting and struggling and depressed. you have to use your head bro. money no dey abroad. its work and pay bills. i mean if thats the life you want. but me am taking the 40k. then i can buy my freedom which is a house. ow i can go and visit canada in leisure

Japa is more than just about saving money. It's about political stability, economic stability, social security, and so on.

In any country in this world, you cannot build wealth with an average job. You need to become a top executive or run your own business or invest in lucrative assets.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 5:18pm On Nov 15, 2022
usagee36:
That's not true. I will never even visit Nigeria for free $10k.

Everyone is not you.
There are the homeless, debt-ridden, fugitives from the law, mentally ill, and those who are simply tired!

Also, remember some Americans who relocated to Africa surprisingly say years later it was a great decision - and no one gave then shi shi to relocate
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by SpyChild: 5:19pm On Nov 15, 2022
sukkot:
na so e easy ? lmaooooo grin grin grin grin
Yes bro! It’s as easy as that if you are focused. During survival mode years abroad, was able to stack that amount comfortably, not to talk of now. I think I should really put up a post and enlighten folks.
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by sucreblazing(m): 5:20pm On Nov 15, 2022
sukkot:
you are talking rubbish. there are millios of stranded africans and nigerians who if you offer 40k dollars today they will return to their coutry. heck there are millions of legal nigerians in the uk who have worked for 30 years but cant save due to bills and have less than 5000 pounds in their account - all those people will gladly take the 40,000 dollars and return home. you are here saying someone with just 1k and illegal is far better off ? you are delusional bro. very delusional. especially todays europe that has economic problems . you are very delusional. even people that enter europe legally with 10,000 dollars struggle to find their feet talkless of someone illegal with just 1k

Leave the guy alone ...hin think say na so abroad easy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by jojothaiv(m): 5:21pm On Nov 15, 2022
sukkot:
na so e easy ? lmaooooo grin grin grin grin
Baba say play your cards right

grin grin grin
I nearly laff throway...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by sukkot: 5:29pm On Nov 15, 2022
jojothaiv:

Baba say play your cards right

grin grin grin
I nearly laff throway...
cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

United States Embassy Suspends Interview Waiver "Drop Box" For Nigerians / Nonso Muojeke Classmates To Stop His Deportation From Ireland To Nigeria (Photos / How Young Nigerians Are Investing To Leave The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.