Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,242 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k (44454 Views)

Which Country Will You Like To Come From If Given Another Chance To Be Born? / Which Country Will You Not Go To Even If Given Residence Permit? / Japa: Don't Insult Nigeria If You Fall Under These Kind Of People (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 15, 2022
afbstrategies:

How can I relocate to Nigeria when I make 100k yearly. Are you really kidding me right now?

Here are other things I have considered:

It takes about 3 minutes or less for emergency response by fire department or Police
I have never experienced power failure in almost 2 decades.
There are food banks in most places for families who are struggling
I have not gotten less than 5k Usd in tax refunds from the government.

I can go on and on but I have to go to work, pushing 16 hours straight overtime cheesy cheesy sad

Them no realize say Nigeria na hell on earth at this point.

4 Likes

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Ekpekus(m): 3:08pm On Nov 15, 2022
dupyshoo:
If you are a British citizen for over 10 years and a graduate and you are not earning above 50-60k, then there is a problem somewhere. If your spouse is working too, there is nothing stopping the couple from taking home about 90-100k per year.

Recruiter are always calling me everyday for £650 per day job inside IR35 and about £800 outside. Is it not people that are doing these jobs. PMs and business analysts earn a lot as well. There is no age restriction and you can always choose to retrain. In addition, there are several opportunities if you are willing to start from somewhere and develop yourself.

I invited a plumber to my house and he charged over £200 just to change pipe under sink. I know a lot of plumbers and builders that work only 6 months in a year and go on holiday for the other 6 months.

The way you are talking about £40k as if it is a very big money. The deposit I have to pay for my 2nd home is way more than that and I still need to pay stamp duty as it is a second property. On the other hand, are good property cheap in Nigeria? To buy a land in choice location in Nigeria, the £40k will not be enough

If you know what you are doing, you will do vey well. So stop forming abroad veteran and then painting half pictures. A lot of people are still doing well abroad.

God bless... so apt.

3 Likes

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by drakeli: 3:08pm On Nov 15, 2022
PoliteActivist:

This tells me you have limited experience.
It is far better to enter with $1k and no papers than stay in Naija with $40k:
Take the $1k, enter UK, US, Canada, ask for asylum. Play your cards right. Before long you'll have your papers. Guaranteed

As for the $40k. Depends on your circumstances abroad. There are Nigerians in US, UK, etc who'll happily go back home given $10k
$10k to leave U.S of America? Guy, you don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t see anyone that would leave the US for $10k even if he’s here in the US cleaning public toilet as his job

3 Likes

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by tunapawizzy: 3:08pm On Nov 15, 2022
sukkot:
some places i stayed one year obviously like germany and france was under one year each etc. cyprus was under one year etc
Anyone who has lived abroad knows living in a place for just one year is not really sufficient to establish proper stability except your movement is on transfers at workplace. Eager to know about your experience living in Chicago for 10years..do you think almost every immigrant is struggling and do you think things do not ease out for the struggling immigrants after few years(say between 2 to 5).

2 Likes

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 3:09pm On Nov 15, 2022
tunapawizzy:

So right

I notice that about life - it is while you are doing something that you find out there are ways. But if you stay and try to have it all worked out before you start, most times you'll never start

4 Likes

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by FireUpNow(m): 3:10pm On Nov 15, 2022
Give me the $1k and move abroad without papers, japa one time.I can work towards my papers and make it there. Street knowledge

2 Likes

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Najdorf: 3:11pm On Nov 15, 2022
Satazaa:
to support your arguments I personally have two guys in thier late forties that left naija after graduation in thier late twenties, a lot of us then were madly envious of thier good fortune then, fast forward now, they are twice and thrice divorced respectively, they are on long time mortgages, they don't have any form of savings, let me shock you, one of our classmates who was academically dull but was full of street Hussle and started timber and agbegilodo business in ondo to lagos undecided is now so rich that anytime he goes to UK with his family on holidays he dashes them 200 pounds and they will almost be screaming with Joy, real story guys
This is a very believable story.

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by tunapawizzy: 3:11pm On Nov 15, 2022
drakeli:

$10k to leave U.S of America? Guy, you don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t see anyone that would leave the US for $10k even if he’s here cleaning public toilet as his job
Some are on the edge already......Its not about money alone. Mental Health is important. Life has no essence anymore to some. May God not let us be in their situation. And may God heal them.

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Ekpekus(m): 3:11pm On Nov 15, 2022
sukkot:
some places i stayed one year obviously like germany and france was under one year each etc. cyprus was under one year etc
So how can you conclude based on these short stay?

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Ekpekus(m): 3:13pm On Nov 15, 2022
PoliteActivist:

My friend most of these people you see below will never go back for asylum hearing. They'll live and work and maybe legalize in other ways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jwNNnOr-1U
You truly have no idea
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 3:13pm On Nov 15, 2022
Ekpekus:

Obviously you have no idea how it work. They accommodate the asylum seekers and care for them until there is a hearing of their case regarding the asylum. If the judge is not convinced by your story, they reject you straight.

LOL! Hahaha
You have no clue.
Most of those guys will never go for any asylum hearing. They can get licenses and work like anybody else and they'll be eventually legalized in other ways

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Ekpekus(m): 3:15pm On Nov 15, 2022
tunapawizzy:

Anyone who has lived abroad knows living in a place for just one year is not really sufficient to establish proper stability except your movement is on transfers at workplace. Eager to know about your experience living in Chicago for 10years..do you think almost every immigrant is struggling and do you think things do not ease out for the struggling immigrants after few years(say between 2 to 5).
Exactly.. thanks my guy for explaining it to our oga.

3 Likes

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 3:16pm On Nov 15, 2022
drakeli:

$10k to leave U.S of America? Guy, you don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t see anyone that would leave the US for $10k even if he’s here in the US cleaning public toilet to earn a living

There are Nigerians in US - homeless, mentally ill, fugitives from the law, too much debt, simply tired - who'd happily accept a fresh start in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by ayoncox: 3:16pm On Nov 15, 2022
PoliteActivist:

There are lottery winners,, yahoo boys, crminals, etc who get millions but still end up broke
One of my testimonies to people who feel I want to scam them during conversation when I need them to accept my bid is I turned down a 10 digits funding all because I was not sure of it source when I was doing all my best to get funding for a real estate project I believe so much in

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by sukkot: 3:17pm On Nov 15, 2022
tunapawizzy:

well the point is i have lived in these places and know them very well. as per chicago it is a place where you can never really ever get settled. it is a place where people leave after a while. you cant raise children there. its too many gang activities and killings and the city is ran by irish and italian mobsters who now hide behind police badges. it is the most corrupt city in america and all the cops have to catch a certain umber of people ( mostly blacks ) everyday and give them tickets so as to raise revenue for the city and so as a black man there is a constant bullseye on your back in chicago especially if you drive. also the weather sucks. too cold and snow is always like 10 inches high so you have to shovel your car out of hardened snow every morning. and in summer its extremely hot. like over 40 degrees centrigrade. and so chicago is a place where you can never be settled. people evetually run away from chicago

6 Likes

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by sukkot: 3:18pm On Nov 15, 2022
Ekpekus:

So how can you conclude based on these short stay?
conclude what ?
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Ekpekus(m): 3:18pm On Nov 15, 2022
PoliteActivist:

LOL! Hahaha
You have no clue.
Most of those guys will never go for any asylum hearing. They can get licenses and work like anybody else and they'll be eventually legalized in other ways
How can you get all these without SSN? And who told you they don't go for hearing? And how can you legalize when your finger print gives you away as aduro.
Infact, now I understand you have no clue what it means to secure asylum.

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by dupyshoo: 3:18pm On Nov 15, 2022
Please tell us the jobs you were doing for the over 2 decades and also tell us your qualification. Please note that you can communicate without using foul words.

sukkot:
to you i would be. i have lived in america, uk, canada, germany, cypprus, france, belgium, amsterdam AND i have come to the conclusion that its all rubbish. all that second class citizenship living ? is not for me. so understand that you are talking to a man who has lived abroad for over 2 decades. you are speaking to EXPERIENCE not some wet behind the ear kid

5 Likes

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2022
Ekpekus:

You truly have no idea

So tell us why they keep trooping to the border, why they pay so much money to coyotes to smuggle them, why they'd would do anything to enter US

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by tunapawizzy: 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2022
sukkot:
obviously i have been around thousands of people in london in various levels of stagnation and misery and regrets who want to return home but cant. so yes i am speaking from experience. not my experience. i am in naija now
this is it...the world is way beyond your circle...life doesn't revolve around your circle alone

2 Likes

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by AngelicBeing: 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2022
sukkot:
make i book space first lol

lol brother these your conditions dey stringent oooo grin grin grin grin but lets work with it. now if i was based abroad 40k dollars is too small to relocate home with unless of course i was illegal abroad then i will take it asap and return like the same day if i can get flight lol cuz that is like 30 million naira. you can buy house for 25 million and settle down and rest. if i was legal hmmm if i was in the uk i would take it and return but if i was in the usa i wouldnt

as a home guy i would take $40k to stay. thats not even a question. 1k abroad without papers is worse than hell lol
Dayuum shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 3:21pm On Nov 15, 2022
ayoncox:

One of my testimonies to people who feel I want to scam them during conversation when I need them to accept my bid is I turned down a 10 digits funding all because I was not sure of it source when I was doing all my best to get funding for a real estate project I believe so much in

Don't know about that. If you trace the sources of all monies you receive, you won't accept lots of money

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by sukkot: 3:21pm On Nov 15, 2022
tunapawizzy:

this is it...the world is way beyond your circle...life doesn't revolve around your circle alone
obviously thousands of people is not my circle. i have worked i the health field and encountered these people ( nigerians ). they are from different circles
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Ekpekus(m): 3:22pm On Nov 15, 2022
PoliteActivist:

So tell us why they keep trooping to the border, why they pay so much money to coyotes to smuggle them, why they'd would do anything to enter US
Shey you know say even the desert (Libya) route people use in entering Europe,they pay alot of money and still aduro nor sure when dem eneter Europe.
Guy you need do more research on this things.
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by sukkot: 3:23pm On Nov 15, 2022
dupyshoo:
Please tell us the jobs you were doing for the over 2 decades and also tell us your qualification. Please note that you can communicate without using foul words.

well i am a diagnostic cardiologist and electrophysiologist. i also dabble in astrology and metaphysics

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 3:24pm On Nov 15, 2022
Ekpekus:

How can you get all these without SSN? And who told you they don't go for hearing? And how can you legalize when your finger print gives you away as aduro.
Infact, now I understand you have no clue what it means to secure asylum.

Google is your friend. See below

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Prayfortheworld: 3:24pm On Nov 15, 2022
Selfmotivated:

$40k is about 17,653,200.00 Nigerian Naira. Nigeria economic outlook will swallow that money within one year based on the sky rocking inflation. No going back to Sodom...
Do your calculations well 40k is not 17m

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by ZINNYBANKS: 3:25pm On Nov 15, 2022
kodred:

So if you are not present, they won’t kidnap any other member of your family. You would go with your extended family to seek asylum or you don’t care about your fam, just yourself?

Na you wey dey abroad gan gan go enter their eyes to kidnap your family lol not knowing say na refugee things you dey for the abroad lol
Once I gain stand there what will stop me from bringing them in ? Sha try dey use ur head dey reason beyond money . there are many beautiful and amazing things aside money O . I know wan know how old you are all your life e sure me say you never see 1 week electricity straight. You kon dey yab horseshit no vex me this afternoon o lol .. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by ttoyetade: 3:25pm On Nov 15, 2022
sukkot:
to you i would be. i have lived in america, uk, canada, germany, cypprus, france, belgium, amsterdam AND i have come to the conclusion that its all rubbish. all that second class citizenship living ? is not for me. so understand that you are talking to a man who has lived abroad for over 2 decades. you are speaking to EXPERIENCE not some wet behind the ear kid
WAO what are you doing in so many countries. Why ? Were you having problem with immigration or why. I have follow your arguments and your post making sense until I got to this one. I have followed Nigeria situation for a long time, but it keep on getting worse. Once you convert that $40 to Naira, that money is gone . So thats why many people japa . The exchange rate tells the whole story . If one have a good means of leaving Nigeria, it is better to leave.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Cde1: 3:25pm On Nov 15, 2022
40millio. Dollars not k
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Costa2000(m): 3:26pm On Nov 15, 2022
No

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by sukkot: 3:28pm On Nov 15, 2022
ttoyetade:

WAO what are you doing in so many countries. Why ? Were you having problem with immigration or why. I have follow your arguments and your post making sense until I got to this one. I have followed Nigeria situation for a long time, but it keep on getting worse. Once you convert that $40 to Naira, that money is gone . So thats why many people japa . The exchange rate tells the whole story . If one have a good means of leaving Nigeria, it is better to leave.
i was young and had no direction in life. this started at age 18 when my parents got divorced. so i became like a nomadic person

and the reason i was able to do this is because i can walk into any country with my passport. no immigration problems whatsoever. thats the beauty of a british passport. you can enter anywhere and live

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

United States Embassy Suspends Interview Waiver "Drop Box" For Nigerians / Nonso Muojeke Classmates To Stop His Deportation From Ireland To Nigeria (Photos / How Young Nigerians Are Investing To Leave The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.