Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Nigeria Will Explore Nuclear Energy To Generate Electricity - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Explore Nuclear Energy To Generate Electricity (13362 Views)

A Bill To Allow States Generate Electricity Passed By House Of Representatives / Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? / Nigerian Senate Makes Case For Nuclear Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Will Explore Nuclear Energy To Generate Electricity by Nukilia: 6:19pm On Nov 08, 2022
blueAgent:

And You understand that this country does not have the safety culture or capacity to manage such projects?

Even though the project will be domiciled here, the operators are not Nigerians. The Nigerians will only understudy them for some time. The foreign operators will own it and manage it for some years. It would be run under stringent safety conditions, and monitored in real-time by the IAEA.
Re: Nigeria Will Explore Nuclear Energy To Generate Electricity by dreu2fine(m): 6:57pm On Nov 08, 2022
Napata77:

Your state is failed, not MY state.
Do u think nuclear activities na joke
When you can't even manage dam
Re: Nigeria Will Explore Nuclear Energy To Generate Electricity by yinkeys(m): 7:03pm On Nov 08, 2022
@Napata77 @nukilia
This is a no no
A wrong move
We cannot handle simple fire outbreaks not to talk of nuclear disasters in case it occurs
There are other forms of energy we can understudy
Our crisis & emergency services are non - existent.
I don’t know the idiot that wants to bring nuclear energy to this country when we can’t get the basics correct.
They just want to kill all of us in this country o
We can’t handle security or natural disasters like flooding
This is madness if you ask me
Is it Nigeria that will handle radioactive waste or spill grin
I’m guessing they’re under-estimating what nuclear accidents can cause
Re: Nigeria Will Explore Nuclear Energy To Generate Electricity by Banbanna(m): 7:04pm On Nov 08, 2022
TheGiftedOne:
Lizards seeing themselves as alligators. Smh

Cynicism no go kill you broda man wink. At least just allow a little benefit of the doubt small even when things are showing the contrary.
Re: Nigeria Will Explore Nuclear Energy To Generate Electricity by Banbanna(m): 7:15pm On Nov 08, 2022
Napata77:

If you are referring to the one in Japan that happened after an earthquake around 20 years ago, Nigeria is not in earthquake prone territory, and even if she was, the technology and safety of nuclear plants have improved drastically from when the Japan incident occurred.

I wish you'd just be part of the advisory committee on this nuclear energy thing coz you seem so enthusiastic/positive about this project. How badly I long to see this coz darkness/blackout has become a byword for Nigeria. It's so tiring mehn!
Re: Nigeria Will Explore Nuclear Energy To Generate Electricity by od501: 7:20pm On Nov 08, 2022
Napata77:
For those not in the know, there is actually an ongoing 20 billion dollar deal with a Russian firm to build nuclear plants in Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpBIzOaA8Pk

Oga... the Nuclear option started with OBJ, if it was possible, that man should be the one to achieve it. But you see this una Buhari or APC, go write it somewhere, can NEVER achieve a nuclear facility.
Re: Nigeria Will Explore Nuclear Energy To Generate Electricity by blueAgent(m): 7:28pm On Nov 08, 2022
Nukilia:

Even though the project will be domiciled here, the operators are not Nigerians. The Nigerians will only understudy them for some time. The foreign operators will own it and manage it for some years. It would be run under stringent safety conditions, and monitored in real-time by the IAEA.

That's not a guarantee that it would be a successful endeavour.

NNPC is owing IOC billions of dollars for jobs or field development which the IOC did, in the absence of the normal 46% finance from NNPC, this same drama would still playout in the nuclear plant.

You and the supporters of this project are not smart neither do you guys understand how businesses operate.
Except for the name of been a country that has nuclear power plant their is no other justifiable reason for building one, weather economic, social or security reasons, none.

if I were your Boss, I would have sacked you, if you come to my office with such business proposal, it shows you lack business and leadership skills.

You can't leave more economical, viable, sustainable multi purpose projects with value like building dams for power and flood control and irrigation or harnessing Nigeria's vast gas reserves to generate power and raw materials for petrol chemicals companies and start building nuclear power plants that you have less competitive advantage for.

Am not surprised APC and their supporter's are never honest neither are they logical in reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Explore Nuclear Energy To Generate Electricity by JavaKonjo: 8:09pm On Nov 08, 2022
I am here for all the back yard Nuclear physicists and their kpangolo comment's.
... ie "the 1st one should be in Lagos, due to abundace of water to cool it"... Warri, and Port Harcourt no get water abi
angry grin cool
Re: Nigeria Will Explore Nuclear Energy To Generate Electricity by Nukilia: 8:56pm On Nov 08, 2022
blueAgent:

That's not a guarantee that it would be a successful endeavour.
NNPC is owing IOC billions of dollars for jobs or field development which the IOC did, in the absence of the normal 46% finance from NNPC, this same drama would still playout in the nuclear plant.
You and the supporters of this project are not smart neither do you guys understand how businesses operate.
Except for the name of been a country that has nuclear power plant their is no other justifiable reason for building one, weather economic, social or security reasons, none.
if I were your Boss, I would have sacked you, if you come to my office with such business proposal, it shows you lack business and leadership skills.
You can't leave more economical, viable, sustainable multi purpose projects with value like building dams for power and flood control and irrigation or harnessing Nigeria's vast gas reserves to generate power and raw materials for petrol chemicals companies and start building nuclear power plants that you have less competitive advantage for.
Am not surprised APC and their supporter's are never honest neither are they logical in reasoning.

I cannot help you any longer, wishing you good success.
Re: Nigeria Will Explore Nuclear Energy To Generate Electricity by FarmTech(m): 12:58am On Nov 09, 2022
CyberHustle:
A dirty nuclear bomb be fashioned out of the waste the plant leaves. It was a topic of discussion just few weeks ago in Russia.
Then it is very bad for Nigeria to have one. Because in years to come, it will surely fall into the wrong hands.
Re: Nigeria Will Explore Nuclear Energy To Generate Electricity by Napata77: 1:44am On Nov 09, 2022
dreu2fine:

Do u think nuclear activities na joke
When you can't even manage dam

Who is ''you''?

Ignoramus.

Kenya, Egypt, Pakistan, India and others are into nuclear power.

Do you think everything works perfectly in those countries?

Do you think everything is ''well-maintained'' in Pakistan?

Bangladesh is building 2 nuclear power plants as we speak.

BANGLADESH, THAT NIGERIA SURPASSES IN EVERYTHING INCLUDING GNP PER CAPITA, NATIONAL INCOME, AND GENERAL DEVELOPMENT.

You know what? IF WE EXPLODE OURSELVES LET IT BE. It means we are not fit for existence.

IF BANGLADESH AND PAKISTAN can be building nuclear power plants, NIGERIA HAS NO EXCUSE.

Your real problem is you think certain things are only for ''oyinbo'', because of your brainwashed head.

Did you not read how Nigeria has been managing nuclear reactors safely for the last 34 years?

Why would you ignore that to start typing this vomit about some stupid dam?

Do you think the same level of safety controls will be applied to a dam as to a nuclear power station operated and governed by IAEA protocols?

This is why I say that you need a certain level of IQ and exposure to debate this topic.

This topic is not for riffraff off the street.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Explore Nuclear Energy To Generate Electricity by blueAgent(m): 8:55am On Nov 09, 2022
Nukilia:

I cannot help you any longer, wishing you good success.

You are not helping me in any way, you guys are sentimental and unreasonable about this issue.
Re: Nigeria Will Explore Nuclear Energy To Generate Electricity by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 07, 2023
shocked This is a fantabulous development to hear. All the best.
Re: Nigeria Will Explore Nuclear Energy To Generate Electricity by Perfectbeing(m): 8:10am On Jan 07, 2023
TheGiftedOne:

Here is another housefly feeling like a bird.... He thinks flying like an ave puts him in the same bracket with the latter.

My friend go and hide your self. See this indomie generation that is yet to step a foot outside of his father's hut feeling fly with my post. You manage to get free data only to come online and brazenly advertise your ignorance. If you had sense you'd ask yourself the whereabout of the two space satellite your direction-less country squandered money to lunch into space before day-dreaming of nuclear power plants.

Enjoy this small audience I just granted you and forego any further response from me cos Your disillusionment is legendary. In fact to wipe you Oraimo cord for neck no go bad at all. Just maybe it will reset the pap enclosed by your cranium to default setting.Akpamu.
And in whose administration was the money squandered? Yet that same man is telling us who to vote for.
God punish you and him

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lawmakers Reject Jonathan’s Cassava Bread / APC Leaders, Tinubu To Meet Buhari In Daura Today / Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking Through Zambian Mule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.