Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down (23642 Views)

In Need Of Co-founders Investors For My Cryptocurrency Project / Pathetic Story Of One Of Apple's Co-founders Ronald Wayne / I Have A Great Business Idea; Co-founders/Investors Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by efembaba(m): 8:23am On Nov 08, 2022
What do you mean by Jumia has been making losses since its inception?
How is this even possible and they will still be here?

1 Like

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by sukkot: 8:23am On Nov 08, 2022
grin jumia does good business. i like them

3 Likes

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by iamsolasoul(f): 8:24am On Nov 08, 2022
Nice one good luck please work on the prices.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by olisefom: 8:25am On Nov 08, 2022
I used to think Jumia was an indigenous company

6 Likes

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Moneyyman: 8:27am On Nov 08, 2022
Jumia coming soon with their fake black November sales.

An item of 30k will be sold for 40k at a "40% discount" grin grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by LZAA: 8:27am On Nov 08, 2022
morikee:
Jumia supposed be the best eCommerce in Africa but instead they devised to doing magu magu look at this fraud called Black Friday they literally inflated price and then reduced it back to the original price while claiming 50% reduction
You are blaming jumia for bad economy? grin grin
Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by morikee: 8:27am On Nov 08, 2022
Moneyyman:

You grab too

5 Likes

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by cream1: 8:28am On Nov 08, 2022
morikee:
Jumia supposed be the best eCommerce in Africa but instead they devised to doing magu magu look at this fraud called Black Friday they literally inflated price and then reduced it back to the original price while claiming 50% reduction

Thought I was the only who has noticed it. Trying buying vouchers on JUMIAPAY and see how the price get inflated with service charge, very deceitful.
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Reference(m): 8:28am On Nov 08, 2022
They have done reasonbly well by the standards of our tough operating environment. Hope the new guys won't do an Etisalat to 9 mobile downgrade. Need them for so many things.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by morikee: 8:28am On Nov 08, 2022
LZAA:

You are blaming jumia for bad economy? grin grin
Smh

Bad economy dey but the way dem the do it no good

3 Likes

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by morikee: 8:29am On Nov 08, 2022
cream1:

Thought I was the only who has noticed it. Trying buying vouchers on JUMIAPAY and see how the price get inflated with service charge, very deceitful.

Naso them dey do. If you want true November Sales go check Aliexpress and see how it's done

1 Like

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Johel(m): 8:31am On Nov 08, 2022
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by DadaHammed: 8:31am On Nov 08, 2022
I know a 'silver bullet' idea that will make them profitable than Aliexpress in 2 years if implemented. I have studied their business model and I know why it's not working.

They can send me a PM here and we take it from there.
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Reference(m): 8:31am On Nov 08, 2022
Moneyyman:

They are brokers so the fault might not entirely be theirs and remember we live in a highly Inflated economy where prices are beginning to change every month coupled with the upwardly mobile exchange rate.

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by woleabayo(f): 8:34am On Nov 08, 2022
its a lie stop saying rubbish
2RUTHHURTS:
grin
On seeing this, I initially thought they have folded this nonsense called jumia. Always sending a substandard products to buyers different from what was posted.
Why can't they be like Aliexpress, amazon and others?

4 Likes

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by otalujunior2000: 8:37am On Nov 08, 2022
good day my fellow nairalanders please i need some one here who can assist me with a menial job.
my location is makurdi, please if anyone can help out i would really appreciate cause am really finding it had to feed and survive.
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by inoki247: 8:39am On Nov 08, 2022
morikee:

Naso them dey do. If you want true November Sales go check Aliexpress and see how it's done

Aliexpress too sell fakes so rest and most of Jumia products comes from Aliexpress sef unless u ar just new to Aliexpress...

The only store wey I don buy original and never buy fake before are the US stores, Ebay, Walmart, Bestbuy, Amazon, buh anything Ali fake too much....

imagine buying wristwatch nd before he gets here the glass don break cos the Glass was too light which I neva jam before for any US store

8 Likes

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by inoki247: 8:39am On Nov 08, 2022
2RUTHHURTS:
grin
On seeing this, I initially thought they have folded this nonsense called jumia. Always sending a substandard products to buyers different from what was posted.
Why can't they be like Aliexpress, amazon and others?

Aliexpress too sell fakes so rest and most of Jumia products comes from Aliexpress sef unless u ar just new to Aliexpress...

The only store wey I don buy original and never buy fake before are the US stores, Ebay, Walmart, Bestbuy, Amazon, buh anything Ali fake too much....

imagine buying wristwatch nd before he gets here the glass don break cos the Glass was too light which I neva jam before for any US store

5 Likes

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by imagrg(m): 8:40am On Nov 08, 2022
I can make that company make gains instead of loses.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Ventura1: 8:43am On Nov 08, 2022
People seem not to understand how Jumia business run, they don't stock all the products you see on their portal.
it isn't easy running e-commerce in a clime like Nigeria, where mischievous people rein supreme, always looking for ways to cheat the system.

4 Likes

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 8:48am On Nov 08, 2022
inoki247:

It's true, I've had a first hand experience with them too but also got some fine stuff there too
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by inoki247: 8:52am On Nov 08, 2022
2RUTHHURTS:

It's true, I've had a first hand experience with them too but also got some fine stuff there too

Powerbank nko I bought alot of Fake powerbank from Aliexpress tire they will lie about the capacity when you start using it u will see isn't more than 2000mah dem call 500000mah for you...

So anything Aliexpress I no dey go near am and dere package dey too lost sometimes u might av hard time getting some of ur packages...
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by BigBashiru: 8:53am On Nov 08, 2022
Ayojb:
Oh never knew they are whites

They use their media to brainwash you that your country is so bad and all of you should japa and even issue terror alerts....then they go back door and buy up businesses and invest massively in the "third world country"

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Angelfrost(m): 8:53am On Nov 08, 2022
morikee:

Discount sales are generally scams... They are basically chopping off prices on commodities and inflating others!

Nothing is really free in the corporate world of marketing!

3 Likes

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Ckonnet: 8:54am On Nov 08, 2022
Amazon is at their back already, so na run don want run so, they can't compete.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by lilioj: 8:54am On Nov 08, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

When you want to buy original for fake price
Exactly, people like buying cheap and they will complain about substandard product. You get what you pay for. Simple!

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Bigchristo: 9:04am On Nov 08, 2022
2RUTHHURTS:
grin
Why can't they be like amazon and others?
Jumia do sell original stuff na you Dey go for cheap articles grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 08, 2022
yeyebrity:
The first guy looks like a psychopath with those eyes.
Most smart guys do...have you seen me?

He also look Damian Lewis (Bobby Axelrod) of BILLIONS SEASONS
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by gonkin(m): 9:08am On Nov 08, 2022
morikee:

Dont mind their stupid logic. Phone of 129k jumped to 169.

I just wished they would reduce the price of custom duty cuz its annoying
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Offpoint1: 9:08am On Nov 08, 2022
morikee:
Black Friday in itself has always been a scam, either from Jumia or any other e-commerce website.
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Psoul(m): 9:16am On Nov 08, 2022
If they really want to be making gain, they should review their delivery charges.
How can you charge delivery to be almost close to the cost price of the item?
How can I buy 10 items and you charge me delivery for each of them.
There should be a provision for a customer buying multiple items to be given a single delivery charge.
Buying items of 100,000 and you are giving me delivery charge of about 60,000 when the items are not even heavy items.
What nonsense.

I will rather use that huge delivery charge to go to open market and buy things

7 Likes

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by jaxxy(m): 9:23am On Nov 08, 2022
check the business model.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help Needed To Get A Scammer / CBN Sells Over $300m To Banks As Naira Gains / Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.