Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,597 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down (23656 Views)

In Need Of Co-founders Investors For My Cryptocurrency Project / Pathetic Story Of One Of Apple's Co-founders Ronald Wayne / I Have A Great Business Idea; Co-founders/Investors Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Fearyourcreator: 9:26am On Nov 08, 2022
lilioj:

Exactly, people like buying cheap and they will complain about substandard product. You get what you pay for. Simple!
I sell laptop ... Yesterday someone said he wants laptop of 20k to 25k ... I just dey laugh... If them give am him level... He still no go let person rest when problem start...

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by VEHINTOLAR: 9:28am On Nov 08, 2022
2RUTHHURTS:
grin
On seeing this, I initially thought they have folded this nonsense called jumia. Always sending a substandard products to buyers different from what was posted.
Why can't they be like amazon and others?

You're so right ! I was once a victim of their shoddy business.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Goodnigga: 9:30am On Nov 08, 2022
morikee:
Jumia supposed be the best eCommerce in Africa but instead they devised to doing magu magu look at this fraud called Black Friday they literally inflated price and then reduced it back to the original price while claiming 50% reduction
you think say u wise
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by RealisticGirl(f): 9:40am On Nov 08, 2022
Jumia sells original things, i have been shopping from them since 2015, and getting what I paid for. From electronics to perfumes, baby clothes, phones, shoes etc. The problem with some people is that, they love buying cheap things and expect to get original.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 08, 2022
2RUTHHURTS:
grin
On seeing this, I initially thought they have folded this nonsense called jumia. Always sending a substandard products to buyers different from what was posted.

Infact Nigerians are extremely terrible beings. Most of goods on "Jumia Nigeria" are Fake & Substandard Products. I seems not to understand If Jumia Is still doing quality check..

3 Likes

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by vickydevoka(m): 9:59am On Nov 08, 2022
2RUTHHURTS:
grin
You send back the product
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by vickydevoka(m): 10:00am On Nov 08, 2022
morikee:
Jumia supposed be the best eCommerce in Africa but instead they devised to doing magu magu look at this fraud called Black Friday they literally inflated price and then reduced it back to the original price while claiming 50% reduction
That's y the are called e-commerce
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 08, 2022
morikee:

And most of the Products will still be FAKE..
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by morikee: 10:03am On Nov 08, 2022
Evolutionlove:

And most of the Products will still be FAKE..
You grab

1 Like

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 08, 2022
inoki247:

Aliexpress too sell fakes so rest and most of Jumia products comes from Aliexpress sef unless u ar just new to Aliexpress...

The only store wey I don buy original and never buy fake before are the US stores, Ebay, Walmart, Bestbuy, Amazon, buh anything Ali fake too much....

imagine buying wristwatch nd before he gets here the glass don break cos the Glass was too light which I neva jam before for any US store

This Is "Absolute Truth"

CHINA has a "MARKET" for all DEMANDS"

The blame Is on most of the Evil Customs and Importers who Imports the garbages for their gullible citizens.

Only Few People have Integrity In Shiithole..
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 08, 2022
Ventura1:
People seem not to understand how Jumia business run, they don't stock all the products you see on their portal.
it isn't easy running e-commerce in a clime like Nigeria, where mischievous people rein supreme, always looking for ways to cheat the system.

That's Just It. But for Jumia to protect their own Image. Don't they have "FIELD OFFICERS FOR QUALITY CONTROL CHECKS" to check on all products before the supplier will disburse the product to the customer.

Even barely looking at some "Advertised Products" on their platform. Nobody needs to tell you they are Absolute FAKE..
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 08, 2022
inoki247:

Powerbank nko I bought alot of Fake powerbank from Aliexpress tire they will lie about the capacity when you start using it u will see isn't more than 2000mah dem call 500000mah for you...

So anything Aliexpress I no dey go near am and dere package dey too lost sometimes u might av hard time getting some of ur packages...

It's because they know they are dealing with a 4th World Nation. They can't try these Rubbish with Ist World Nation. That's It..
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Tegabadguy(m): 10:23am On Nov 08, 2022
RealisticGirl:
Jumia sells original things, i have been shopping from them since 2015, and getting what I paid for. From electronics to perfumes, baby clothes, phones, shoes etc. The problem with some people is that, they love buying cheap things and expect to get original.

that's naija for you
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 08, 2022
Ckonnet:
Amazon is at their back already, so na run don want run so, they can't compete.

Nigeria's Customs, Indigenous Importers and Suppliers will frustrate their operations till they leave. Except they will be handling all deliveries solely by themselves..
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 08, 2022
BigBashiru:

They use their media to brainwash you that your country is so bad and all of you should japa and even issue terror alerts....then they go back door and buy up businesses and invest massively in the "third world country"
why are you people like this. You dont need the media to brainwash you, the suffering here is too much so people have to migrate for a better life. You’re terrible
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 08, 2022
lilioj:

Exactly, people like buying cheap and they will complain about substandard product. You get what you pay for. Simple!

A typical black man thinking. It's not new people like you makes up the 90% of shiiithole population. "A Popular Brand Of BREAD" In Lagos have proved this that you can buy cheap and still get quality and satisfaction.

Example Is the "Low Quality Agege Dirty Bread" most Nigerians are used to. Imagine buying dirty and smelly Agege bread for N1000 when I can buy "The Other Fresh & Quality Bread" for Just N800. Even If they sell their bread for N1,500 I will still buy because I am buying quality and satisfaction.

The problem with most of you people Is you have gotten so used to that "HARDSHIP & EVIL LIFESTYLE" that you believe for someone to enjoy QUALITY LIFE. That person must be RICH. I'm not sure Nigerians can ever fully get It Right..

3 Likes

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Revolva(m): 10:34am On Nov 08, 2022
Jumia self de annoy sometimes

I bought a samsung s9 last 3 month , i suspected that the samsung is made in vietnam and sometimes it get hot ..and d screen changes colour and it get back to normal again

But the phone is great ..i have complained to their customer care and they say they will get back to me
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Timfreds(m): 10:40am On Nov 08, 2022
So na Oyibo get Jumia, I think say na Nigeria person get am. Where are we?
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 08, 2022
Revolva:
Jumia self de annoy sometimes

I bought a samsung s9 last 3 month , i suspected that the samsung is made in vietnam and sometimes it get hot ..and d screen changes colour and it get back to normal again

But the phone is great ..i have complained to their customer care and they say they will get back to me

Lol why taking such risk. If I am buying any goods above 50k, I'm stepping Into the market physically. Na Naija we dey.

There Is high Probability your S9 Is a REFURBISHED PHONE..
grin

3 Likes

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Revolva(m): 10:50am On Nov 08, 2022
Evolutionlove:

Lol why taking such risk. If I am buying any goods above 50k, I'm stepping Into the market physically. Na Naija we dey.

There Is high Probability your S9 Is a REFURBISHED PHONE..
grin

To see new s9 Samsung for market is hard its not available , anymore so i decided to send jumia d errand now jumia have a deal with Samsung Nigeria ..we know that

They were able to get me the phone ...to my suprise a new one ....

I hate second hand phones uk used ..its almost d same price as what jumia have so i decided to , buy new phones with warranty from them

Am not regretting cos i de even go jumia office soon go show dem how d fone screen de change color sometimes
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 08, 2022
Revolva:

To see new s9 Samsung for market is hard its not available , anymore so i decided to send jumia d errand now jumia have a deal with Samsung Nigeria ..we know that

They were able to get me the phone ...to my suprise a new one ....

I hate second hand phones uk used ..its almost d same price as what jumia have so i decided to , Buy new phones with warranty from them

I'm not regretting cos i de even go jumia office soon go show dem how d fone screen de change color sometimes

Okay oOo. Better then..
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by KennethEnyi(m): 11:02am On Nov 08, 2022
Ayojb:
Oh never knew they are whites

Of course they’re whites
Black man brain no reach this one o!!!
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by bigtt76(f): 11:15am On Nov 08, 2022
Jumia co-founders no de finish? Na every year co-founders step down cheesy

nlfpmod:

https://techcabal.com/2022/11/07/jumia-board-ceos-step-down-renews-focus-on-profitability%EF%BF%BC/
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by chatinent: 11:17am On Nov 08, 2022
Jumia bi like:

Black Friday Sales...then they'll list Indomie of ₦200 and be like:

₦210 ₦300

Shipping fee to Sango Ota ₦250.

Lol

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by BigBashiru: 11:20am On Nov 08, 2022
SouthCaroliina:
why are you people like this. You dont need the media to brainwash you, the suffering here is too much so people have to migrate for a better life. You’re terrible

What suffering? Those that get jobs in nigeria like 80% of them dont do the jobs well.. what suffering? The suffering of Nigerians is self induced....You are the terrible one!
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by DeLaRue: 11:54am On Nov 08, 2022
Even the mighty Amazon is not profitable.

Making money in certain types of online businesses is not easy.

It's possible Jumia will never be profitable.
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Hartway: 12:05pm On Nov 08, 2022
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by NaBanga: 12:32pm On Nov 08, 2022
Drunkard1:
I thought na nigeria person get jumia. Chai. Wetin africans pass. cry

Laziness and lack of accountability plagues the black man.
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 08, 2022
BigBashiru:

What suffering? Those that get jobs in nigeria like 80% of them dont do the jobs well.. what suffering? The suffering of Nigerians is self induced....You are the terrible one!
how your suffering induced? When the government has refused to provide basic living amenities for the populace. I won’t be surprised if you’re from the north because some of you think like animals.
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Ckonnet: 1:27pm On Nov 08, 2022
Evolutionlove:

Nigeria's Indigenous Importers and Suppliers will frustrate their operations till they leave. Except they will be handling all deliveries solely by themselves..

Not possible with amazon, you need to visit eu or us to understand nothing stops amazon when they onboard your country. Amazon will first run you out of business while incurring loss because they have the money.
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by Ijb11: 2:50pm On Nov 08, 2022
Not good for sellers and buyers

Sellers are losing money on the platform due to Jumia fraudulent policies buyers are also complaining buying on the platform
Re: Jumia Co-Founders, Jeremy Hodara & Sacha Poignonnec Step Down by BigBashiru: 2:53pm On Nov 08, 2022
SouthCaroliina:
how your suffering induced? When the government has refused to provide basic living amenities for the populace. I won’t be surprised if you’re from the north because some of you think like animals.

The government has always been providing amenities butt the useless citizens run it down

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where To Buy Newborn Items In Lagos / Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 / Senate Hires Cybercrime Expert To Probe Banks, MMM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.