Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. (7555 Views)

''My Abductors Confessed They Hired Guns From Policemen & Soldiers'' / YFM Host, Ada Kidnapped, Abductors Post Gang-Rape Pictures On Her Facebook / My Abductors Asked For N100m, I Offered N1bn – GUO Motors Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by selingel: 6:05am On Aug 23, 2011
Http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/08/22/a-lady-among-abductors-of-mikel-obis-father/
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by selingel: 6:16am On Aug 23, 2011
Sometimes, I wonder why we dont eventually see every investigation to a logical end in this nation to serve as a detrrent to issues like this? Now an ex-Police officer is involved, and there is suspicion that, those arrested in Kano might just be either serving military men, or ex. Most annoying is the presence of a lady. I thought this was mostly associated with the Yorubas (considering the rate of women's involvement in one chance), but the name Nkechi, is now making me think otherwise. (Please not out for any tribe). It is well.

Please help copy the fully text on the topic, and post here for all to read. Thanks.
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by jamace(m): 8:01am On Aug 23, 2011
A Lady Among Abductors Of Mikel Obi’s Father

The abductors of Elder Michael Obi, father of Chelsea mid-fielder, John Mikel Obi were arrested in Kano, North-West Nigeria by a team of police men this evening.
Elder Michael had been tormented by his abductors for about two weeks.

According the Kano state Commissioner of Police, Ibrahim Idris, a dismissed police corporal, Jacob Cowen who was arrested in Jos over his involvement in the kidnap led police detectives from Jos to Kano, where they joined effort with their Kano colleagues to apprehend the suspected kidnappers.

Five of the suspects were arrested in a hide-out in Kabuga, a tiny community within Kano metropolis. They are: Nkechi Ossai, a lady; Ifanyi Essient, Ndubuisi Friday, Basil Chukwuma and Sule Ibrahim, a Nigerien.“A team of police officers deployed from the plateau state police command in collaboration with the officers and men of the Nigerian police in Kano raided a neighbourhood in Kabuga quarters of Kano city following a tip-off,” CP Idris told reporters in Kano.

According to him, the kidnappers were all dressed in army camouflage uniforms and used army vehicle when they abducted their victim.The police have resumed investigation to ascertain whether the suspected kidnappers were officers of the Nigerian army. Elder Jacob was paled and disheartened as he narrated his ordeal in the hands of his assailants. “I was taken right deep into the bush, in an isolated area in Jos. I started begging them, yet they beat me mercilessly, kicking me with their boots.

They are five of them and they were dressed in military uniforms.“They pushed me into a vehicle painted in military colour and they also wore military uniforms and drove on high speed. I never knew a vehicle could move as fast as that,” he wondered.The old man, however, gave thanks to God and commended the efforts made by the Nigeria Police Force to rescue his life, and prayed never to pass through such experience again

By Maduabuchi Nmeribe/Kano
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by hakanai(m): 9:37am On Aug 23, 2011
shocking!!! why should he be kidnapped by his kins men in Jos and then taken to a state, the kinsmen despise for use as hide out? I don't know why this is happening in Nigeria.The way he was also handled showed hate apart from the possible ransom.Government need to really investigate this through to ensure its real motive!!!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by marcus1234: 9:44am On Aug 23, 2011
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 23, 2011
I'm Glad they found Mikel's father.
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by wellmax(m): 12:08pm On Aug 23, 2011
hmmm na wa o
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by jamace(m): 1:23pm On Aug 23, 2011
We praise the police for this feat. However, this is the best  and last we shall hear of this case. The police and the lawyers don get bush meat. Both will smile to the bank.
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by tpia5: 1:59pm On Aug 23, 2011
Nice.
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by ektbear: 2:21pm On Aug 23, 2011
Don't underestimate women. Almost anything a man can do, a woman can do.

In some ways they can be even more ruthless than guys. . . hehe
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

[size=28pt]Don't underestimate women. Almost anything a man can do, a woman can do BETTER.[/size]

In some ways they can be even more ruthless than guys. . . hehe
Fixed.

Please, remember this for the rest of your successful life. Amen cool
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by gozie143(m): 2:29pm On Aug 23, 2011
Yes, i saw this on Naija Empire Forum, i can believe its really true, but Obi's get money now
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by victorazy(m): 2:29pm On Aug 23, 2011
His sugar daughter
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by Slyr0x: 2:51pm On Aug 23, 2011
How true is this story? undecided
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by Luckki1001(m): 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2011
Just checked out the pix of the kidnappers. I think everyone should do their best to circulate this pic so as to serve as a deterrent to others in the future. The naming and shaming must continue. Thank God the police have been able to catch them.

Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by Exponental(m): 3:03pm On Aug 23, 2011
Wat do u expect from a daughter of a soldier compared to d son of a pastor. Gender doesnt matter, it's wat drive d body dats d kokoo.
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 23, 2011
see as dem be sef!! I tort d kidnap was done by able bodied men. Smh
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by harakiri(m): 3:13pm On Aug 23, 2011
Luckki1001:

Just checked out the pix of the kidnappers. I think everyone should do their best to circulate this pic so as to serve as a deterrent to others in the future. The naming and shaming must continue. Thank God the police have been able to catch them.

Just look at the faces of these people. They look like the regular "everyday" people you see on a daily basis and you would never suspect any of them to be kidnappers. This is why people should watch the kind of people that come close to them. These people didn't just wake up one day and decide to kidnap Mikel's father at random. These people MUST have known him or at least, known someone who had access to him,his routine and whereabouts.

This is why i don't blame some wealthy people who isolate themselves from close family and friends. It's also those close to you that wish you harm (and actually succeed in harming you).

Nuff said!
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by MMM2(m): 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2011
am not suprise,
impossible is nothing in 9ja.
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by harakiri(m): 3:19pm On Aug 23, 2011
Boyloaf:

see as dem be sef!! I tort d kidnap was done by able bodied men. Smh

Able bodied men? Trust me, the most ruthless criminals are the least people you would expect them to be. A decade ago, i was robbed in BROAD DAYLIGHT at onitsha (Upper Iweka) by teenagers (between 16 and 19 years tops) and do you know what? People were watching and going their way without a care in the world, as if it was a "normal" occurrence. These kids were scrawny looking things i could take on easily if not for the guns and sharp knives they yielded. The "able bodied" criminal thing is just a myth. If you go to Panti or kirikiri and see the criminals being held there for armed robbery or kidnapping, you would never believe they are capable of such a thing.

1 Like

Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by Ivynwa(f): 3:25pm On Aug 23, 2011
"
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by musiwa48: 3:29pm On Aug 23, 2011
is that mikel obi father picture too
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by likeithot(f): 3:35pm On Aug 23, 2011
jamace:

A Lady Among Abductors Of Mikel Obi’s Father

The abductors of Elder Michael Obi, father of Chelsea mid-fielder, John Mikel Obi were arrested in Kano, North-West Nigeria by a team of police men this evening.
Elder Michael had been tormented by his abductors for about two weeks.

According the Kano state Commissioner of Police, Ibrahim Idris, a dismissed police corporal, Jacob Cowen who was arrested in Jos over his involvement in the kidnap led police detectives from Jos to Kano, where they joined effort with their Kano colleagues to apprehend the suspected kidnappers.

Five of the suspects were arrested in a hide-out in Kabuga, a tiny community within Kano metropolis. They are: Nkechi Ossai, a lady; Ifanyi Essient, Ndubuisi Friday, Basil Chukwuma and Sule Ibrahim, a Nigerien.“A team of police officers deployed from the plateau state police command in collaboration with the officers and men of the Nigerian police in Kano raided a neighbourhood in Kabuga quarters of Kano city following a tip-off,” CP Idris told reporters in Kano.

According to him, the kidnappers were all dressed in army camouflage uniforms and used army vehicle when they abducted their victim.The police have resumed investigation to ascertain whether the suspected kidnappers were officers of the Nigerian army. Elder Jacob was paled and disheartened as he narrated his ordeal in the hands of his assailants. “I was taken right deep into the bush, in an isolated area in Jos. I started begging them, yet they beat me mercilessly, kicking me with their boots.

They are five of them and they were dressed in military uniforms.“They pushed me into a vehicle painted in military colour and they also wore military uniforms and drove on high speed. I never knew a vehicle could move as fast as that,” he wondered.The old man, however, gave thanks to God and commended the efforts made by the Nigeria Police Force to rescue his life, and prayed never to pass through such experience again

By Maduabuchi Nmeribe/Kano

This is so sad, beating an old man like that.

Thank God its all over. I hope these goons spend the rest of their lives in prison
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by atasteve: 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2011
Thank God o smiley
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 23, 2011
Typical industrious ibo woman. . .She must have inherited kidnapping from her parent.
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by eghost247(m): 3:44pm On Aug 23, 2011
Great Work by the Nigerian Police Force
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by coolgb(m): 3:47pm On Aug 23, 2011
Not suprised, a lady led a gang of robbers to a bank robbery i witnessed.
Naija girls can do anything for money. Congrats Mikel
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by Kabikala(m): 3:53pm On Aug 23, 2011
This is one instance where our police deserve some commendation. I just hope good performances like this do not get too few and far between for the Nigerian Police Force.
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by hixxx1(m): 3:59pm On Aug 23, 2011
fine girl. marriage material!
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by N101: 4:01pm On Aug 23, 2011
Bet the woman was just the cook. Kidnapping is hard work o!
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by tpia5: 4:09pm On Aug 23, 2011
see what nigerian youths have turned to. undecided

fathers and mothers of tomorrow. undecided
Re: A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!. by IBEXY(m): 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2011
Thank God for the safety of Mikel senior. If only the police would respond with this same efficiency in other cases. Or is it the high profile nature of the case that prompted the swift solving of the crime?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fake Doctor Nabbed After Working For Over One Year In Govt Hospital / Man Caught Sleeping With Woman On D Street In Anambra / Nigerian Gay Man Covers In Blood After He Was Gang-raped By Three Male Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.